PDA

View Full Version : A quick hello and some ransom P1999 questions...

guineapig
11-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Hey all,

Just created my first char on Project1999 about a week ago, got my High Elf chantress to level 8 last night and am taking the dreaded trek to HHK tonight to get my next few animation spells (wish me luck).

Now with that intro out of the way, I wanted to say that I love this server and plan on sticking with it exclusively for as long as the community exists and being a good contributing member wherever I can. I just had a few quick questions…

1.)
Is there any plan in place to keep track of the levels and classes of characters currently stored on the server? I think it would be a great boon for people just joining us, or those thinking of making alts, to know what the level spread currently looks like and what classes are in demand the most. To a lesser extent, it would be nice to see what race/class combinations everyone is playing as well.
Although my main is a bit generic, she is based on the first character I ever made in EQ. I would like any alts I made to be as unique as possible as far as the server population goes and I’m guessing there are others out there wanting to do the same.

2.)
Is there currently any ETA on releasing more content, ie: Kunark? And if so, when? I’m definitely in no rush as there is so much classic content I missed out on my first time playing the game. I just want to make sure I keep up the pace with the leveling so I can be able to join in on all the classic raids with the rest of you. I feel like I have so much catching up to do and I don’t have the same amount of time I used to. I would hate to hit 50 right as Kunark comes out only to miss out on the 1999 raid content because everybody else moved on to the Kunark zones. That’s really my greatest fear about this server, always being one step behind like back in the old days.

3.)
Are all the old dungeon zones set up like they were in 1999? I use Befallen as an example because I remember both versions vividly.

4.)
I forgot the rest of my questions….

P.S. Did I mention I love it here??? :D

President
11-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Everything should be how it is in 1999, but be careful in Dungeons, pathing can be poor and it is suggested you "dungeon crawl" instead of camp a spot and pull to it.

I am not quite sure whether they are going to release content in a progression like way or to as it would have been released in 1999 (IE if Kunark was released 1 year after EQ game out, if we would wait 1 year for Kunark... thats a # I made up).

I would THINK they would do it progression, but I hope they give people plenty of time to do the content, and not just release Kunark as soon as the first guild kills Naggy/Vox/Inno/Cazic while everyone else is still getting up to 50.