PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Efficiency

Murferoo
04-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Haven't cross checked this and my memory fails big time on this but is the following true?

http://web.archive.org/web/20010613230142/www.mysticalorder.com/avgslash.shtml

Webwolf
04-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Im dizzy from reading that...

xakle
04-06-2010, 09:27 PM
I remember when Kunark came out there was some Twig weapon that had a dmg/delay somewhere around 3/10, which didn't seem that special. But someone had two of them and was just destroying everything and couldn't keep agro off himself because of the damage he was doing.

I played a druid so I wasn't too familiar with the melee aspect of the game, but from what I recall, lower delay was far more important than damage because it's rare that you do max damage to a mob, especially at the higher levels.

BlackBellamy
04-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Mosscovered Twig. I think they nerfed it by making it offhand. I think it was lore from the start so I don't think anyone had two.

Vache
04-06-2010, 10:40 PM
My parses are long gone but yeah, you get a fixed bonus damage to each hit based on your level. So the more often you hit, the more times you get your damage bonus applied. That means that low levels do best with the best dmg/delay ratio, but higher levels become biased more toward lower delay weapons. That also is the reason why slow 2-handed weapons were lousy for dps at high levels.

The melee damage distribution looked really funny too. There was a modal damage value that you would hit most of the time, and the value could be precisely determined from your weapon damage and your level. That's why Str didn't mean much, because it didn't change your modal damage.

Edit: The damage bonus only applied to main hand, so the twig was a lousy offhander (thus the nerf).