PDA

View Full Version : SNOWBOARDING

Nyrod
11-17-2011, 09:04 PM
so this is the official snowboarding (and skiing is kewl too) thread. since the season is starting around here tomorrow thought i would make this now. just a fun way to hang out with people from the emu community, especially if your into snowboarding etc. ill put up my info here and if anyone else wants to add to it thats cool too! i will update OP with the info and further posts can be included to let people know if your going out the next few days or next week/weekend etc.

IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE SNOWBOARDING DONT HESITATE! the first season is relatively very cheap, ask me how to get started, its so worth it!

Name: Nyrod
IRL: Daniel
Resorts with pass: Snoqualmie
Resorts willing to visit: Crystal, Stevens, Baker...and others?
Transport: little honda civic can fit 2 ppl with 2 boards (MAYBE 3...lol), got chains and know how to use em!
Extra gear: coats/pants/goggles, size 10 boots

Nyrod
11-17-2011, 09:07 PM
and as a final example

going to Crystal Mt. Resort tomorrow 11/18, probably leaving stupid early, like 5am if i can get myself up that early (takes me ~2 hours to get there), they are going to be open from 9am-4pm OPENING DAY of 2011/2012 season, passes are only 35$ since the whole mt wont be open!!! (not ideal for beginners)

ill try and post some pics/vids if i get some decent ones since i got the new gopro hdhero2 this year!~

Fourthmeal
11-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Do you mind if your passengers smoke weed on the way up the mountain?

Nyrod
11-18-2011, 02:29 AM
ehehehe bro you wanna come riding with me? i have sat the 26th off and im sure snoqualmie will be open by then. hopefully have like 2 or 3 other friends coming, some new to snowboarding and some who dont ride much.

like i said i have some spare coats/pants but you will have to either rent your gear or take one of their classes that include the rentals. if my friend cant come (has a suv) will be tricky trying to coordinate more than 1 or 2 extra people and or gear in my car but we can figure something out.

anyone is welcome to come but obviously some people might end up needing to carpool/drive etc

Masq
11-18-2011, 08:18 AM
you gonna rape someone?

fishingme
11-18-2011, 02:42 PM
My snowboarding season is going to mainly consist of sitting at my brothers cabin smoking and drinking, smoking and drinking some more due to wakeboarding injuries to my left leg :(

Chronoburn
11-18-2011, 03:03 PM
I've actually been to all the places mentioned in OP. Mt. Baker is by far the best. I don't get too much though seeing I live in Minnesota. If I visit my family this year, eq snowboard fest fo sho.

Nyrod
11-18-2011, 11:30 PM
got back about an hour ago, plenty of time just before red99 opened :P

it was ok, tons of people and took me nearly 2 1/2 hours just to get in my first 3 runs with the 2 mile long lines, but last half of the day they opened more of the mt and i got in 5 more in before i quit

took some video but first time using my new camera so it didnt come out so great lol

fishingme
11-19-2011, 01:51 PM
got back about an hour ago, plenty of time just before red99 opened :P

it was ok, tons of people and took me nearly 2 1/2 hours just to get in my first 3 runs with the 2 mile long lines, but last half of the day they opened more of the mt and i got in 5 more in before i quit

took some video but first time using my new camera so it didnt come out so great lol

niceee, I'm hoping my leg heals within the next month so i can go snowboarding again

Ashimar
11-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Don't forget to visit Everfrost too, theres no actual Ski Resort there, but worth trying on some of the slopes. Watch out for the Orcs and Mammoths though!

fishingme
11-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Don't forget to visit Everfrost too, theres no actual Ski Resort there, but worth trying on some of the slopes. Watch out for the Orcs and Mammoths though!

psshh, you player! This isn't server chat forum, it's off topic!!

Jjlent
11-19-2011, 02:20 PM
i live in the dirty jerz but my fam has a place up at camelback where i go a lot(like every day lol) if anyone comes to the east coast, i know it sucks compared to out west, but let me know. willing to go to any mountain on east coast. i have like 2 spare boards(159 and 161 or 161/163 not really sure been a while since i looked at them) n mad pants/jackets/gloves.
edit: size 12 and 13 extra boots

Versus
11-19-2011, 02:53 PM
i live in the dirty jerz but my fam has a place up at camelback where i go a lot(like every day lol) if anyone comes to the east coast, i know it sucks compared to out west, but let me know. willing to go to any mountain on east coast. i have like 2 spare boards(159 and 161 or 161/163 not really sure been a while since i looked at them) n mad pants/jackets/gloves.
edit: size 12 and 13 extra boots

TAKE ME. Once February hits and I grade-e-ate.

Awwalike
11-19-2011, 10:47 PM
2O6

Nyrod
11-24-2011, 04:37 AM
been so busy with work and the holiday havent had a chance to play EQ lol but i am still going snowboarding this saturday at snoqualmie hopefully from around 9am-4pm at summit central

intro video for newbies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LVJfUlrcnkw

best deal if your a newbie:
http://www.summitatsnoqualmie.com/Lessons-and-Rentals/Best-Deals/959/EZ-2-Learn

lift prices if you have your gear:
http://www.summitatsnoqualmie.com/Tickets-and-Passes/Daily-Lift-Tickets

i may have 1 or 2 spots in my car if my other friend bails on me, will leave renton area around 7am

uvakur@yahoo.com or PM me here, i will probably have time to check forums etc again before i go