PDA

View Full Version : Brad McQuaid likes PvP

SearyxTZ
11-17-2011, 08:26 PM
My pal emailed him and actually got a response.

Thank you for the email and kind words- Bacon is the food of gods (I always wanted to make bacon be a rare drop off of Cazic).

We're well on our way in crafting our next big gaming project, but we should have a quiet and relaxing holiday season.

-- Red99 sounds fun, I always loved the PvP servers the best. :)

-Brad

Sirs I think it's very clear what needs to be done here: rare drop of Bacon off Cazic Thule. Aradune's Bacon.

Tombom
11-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Shawn Woolley Cloak

pickled_heretic
11-17-2011, 08:54 PM
that's fuckin sad

Danger
11-17-2011, 09:04 PM
My pal emailed him and actually got a response.

Sirs I think it's very clear what needs to be done here: rare drop of Bacon off Cazic Thule. Aradune's Bacon.

classic as fuck. do it.

Smedy
11-17-2011, 09:27 PM
oo shit u know its big things when mquaid himself knows about red99

Lemons
11-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Sup Brad, loved your game, your kind of a dick though.

Cymbal
11-17-2011, 10:05 PM
whats he working on now and with who

Matador
11-17-2011, 10:55 PM
and is Rogean his son? the product of a Christmas party with too many chocolate Russians, perhaps?

Taluvill
11-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Mquaid's Bacon

Tombom
11-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Lord Rogean Mcqaid the Bradson Duke of Freeport

Nirgon
11-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Drop Brad a line and tell him this game better have great emulated pvp in 10 years.

Titanuk
11-17-2011, 11:30 PM
not worthy

bamzal
11-18-2011, 12:31 AM
ya when he googles his name he gonnna see this

Nune
11-18-2011, 01:01 AM
Dear Brad,

High elves.. thanks for that?

- Nune

P.S. GG on Vanguard, first game ive ever played where a GM told a zone full of people that its broken beyond fixing rofl.

SearyxTZ
11-18-2011, 01:10 AM
not worthy

http://nordette.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/not-worthy.jpg

Pls only pay respects to our hero Brad ITT - should he ever find it via googling his name.

Vanguard was a failure, yes (a failure I upgraded my computer just to play), but sometimes you have to fail to succeed. I have faith that big Brad will take whatever he learned there to make EQ3 the ultimate game that amps up our addiction tenfold.

Drop Brad a line and tell him this game better have great emulated pvp in 10 years.

lol

Nune
11-18-2011, 01:12 AM
http://nordette.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/not-worthy.jpg

Pls only pay respects to our hero Brad ITT - should he ever find it via googling his name.

Vanguard was a failure, yes (a failure I upgraded my computer just to play), but sometimes you have to fail to succeed. I have faith that big Brad will take whatever he learned there to make EQ3 the ultimate game that amps up our addiction tenfold.

This a ploy to become a pocket GM for EQNext? lol. Yeah, but I bet a Vanguard EMU server would speet hot fiyah, the PvP was fun in that game, but that was about it.

Nune
11-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Plus I <3 Brad, he made Everquest, my first love :] He's like your first girlfriends dad: You may think hes a dick, but from his balls came something you love very dearly.

Psykes
11-18-2011, 01:14 AM
best time in pvp i have ever had was in DAoC slaughtering and taking over opposition territories before they nerfed it and made it vanilla just like they did EQ when WoW launched in order to get more subscribers and cater to the 12 year olds

SearyxTZ
11-18-2011, 01:14 AM
I read that Vanguard was actually a good PvP game later in its lifespan, which makes it kind of a sad story I guess.

And god no I wouldn't GM even if someone paid me to. I am bad at that.

Nune
11-18-2011, 01:15 AM
I read that Vanguard was actually a good PvP game later in its lifespan, which makes it kind of a sad story I guess.

And god no I wouldn't GM even if someone paid me to. I am bad at that.

LOL. +1

Mardur
11-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Vanguard 2? My body is sooooo ready.

Nune
11-18-2011, 01:18 AM
best time in pvp i have ever had was in DAoC slaughtering and taking over opposition territories before they nerfed it and made it vanilla just like they did EQ when WoW launched in order to get more subscribers and cater to the 12 year olds

Dude Vanilla DAoC RvR was SO FUCKING epic, totally agree. Was kind of ahead of its time scale wise so the lag was just so awful if all 3 realms were in on it.

Shastin Nevermore - Kobald Shadowblade <3

Darwoth
11-18-2011, 01:24 AM
i played vanguard slightly longer than i played eq, was a great game on the pvp servers and had all the obscure overpowered items, quest items working in an unintended manner and so on that contributed to a lot of the original eq's fondness.

was basically a ten year later version of eq, the reason it failed was because they made this moron......

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/images/community/Screenshots/Salim3.jpg http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/images/community/Screenshots/Salim2.jpg

the lead developer and everything he did was the dumbest shit imaginable.

billyinorganic
11-18-2011, 01:25 AM
it failed because it's launch code base sucked a dick

-BTW vanguard was actually pretty epic... for those who didn't mind the bugs.

Mardur
11-18-2011, 01:25 AM
I disagree... I played DAoC on a shitty Dell and dial up back in vanilla and would never lag, even in giant raid raids with 100+ peeps. It was like it was coded by Jesus.

Warhammer on the other hand, I had a top of the line computer with high end cable internet and a simple 30 man keep raid was a fucking slide show. It amazed me how the same company that made DAoC made Warhammer such fucking shit. Probably the biggest MMO letdown of all time to me, considering I at least got about 3-4 months of fun out of Vanguard. Warhammer was cancelled after the first month.

Darwoth
11-18-2011, 01:27 AM
it failed because it's launch code base sucked a dick

-BTW vanguard was actually pretty epic... for those who didn't mind the bugs.

3 weeks after launch all of the lag, rubber banding and crashes that are why most people that initially quit did so were fixed.

Truth
11-18-2011, 02:25 AM
I was deeply troubled to see a mod had deleted my post. My content pays for Rogean's malt liquor through adsense clicks.

gnomishfirework
11-18-2011, 02:34 AM
Vanguard had some really amazing things in it.

It had potential to be the new Everquest (group content the focus, dungeons how they were meant to be and such).

I wish it had done better. I remember when I was 30 something and the 40s in my guild all started quiting because of a lack of content.

billyinorganic
11-18-2011, 03:18 AM
i got to lv 50

there was plenty of conent.. just a buncha fucking loltards wanting their raid epics

boss
11-18-2011, 03:37 AM
game ran out of any kind of fun after about 2 weeks into 50

billyinorganic
11-18-2011, 03:42 AM
hate to say it but the name filter allowed my chars name Pedophile

Crenshinabon
11-18-2011, 05:52 AM
Vanguard was a great game like a year after release. I picked it back up and was amazed at how much it had improved.

My first month or so playing the FFA pvp server was a giant fail. 1 Shots all over the place in pvp. Pets were bugged to shit. The only quest were basically repeatables you had to grind over and over. There was almost 0 content past 40. Pathing was terrible. There were entire caves/dungeons I would find with nothing in it. Named mobs were too rare or non existent. It was pretty fucking bad . . . especially with all the hype the game had. The first week I was like omg best game. Then I realized how unfinished it really was. Newbie zones were pretty fun though. It really did sorta feel like the real EQ2.

Truth
11-18-2011, 06:01 AM
I played the vanguard beta pvp server on my piece of shit 900mhz 1gb ram 256vram. Ran and looked horrible at 800x600 with everything off. I was the ranger or whatever and I just went exploring and came across like a high level mage thing with a rotting humanoid things corpse. Looted fat twink sword and went back to noobie cave and camped it for like 3 days dominating ez pz. Then they nerfed my sword and I quit.

Tombom
11-18-2011, 06:06 AM
I played the vanguard beta pvp server on my piece of shit 900mhz 1gb ram 256vram. Ran and looked horrible at 800x600 with everything off. I was the ranger or whatever and I just went exploring and came across like a high level mage thing with a rotting humanoid things corpse. Looted fat twink sword and went back to noobie cave and camped it for like 3 days dominating ez pz. Then they nerfed my sword and I quit.

seems good

Nother
11-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Brads new project is himslef projecting his jiz onto his lap dancer. hes still got the Vanguard subs paying for his women haha

Smedy
11-18-2011, 08:27 AM
vanguard concept was great, the world was immence and i really enjoyed the idea they had setup for pvp.

the day brad had to leave it all changed instantly, i think it took soe about 3 days to setup their no corpse run system in pvp death, and then 1 week after that they made plane of knowledge in all major cities so travel was a joke.

the only really bad thing i never liked about vanguard (prior to soe takeover) was the character animations, it looked just like soe/luclin.

whoever made the models/animations for classic everquest is a genius and knew exactly what he was doing.

gnomishfirework
11-18-2011, 08:30 AM
The art of vanguard was fail. It was ok, but it just didn't feel like it had a particularly good style.

EQ up through velious had it going in. Wow accomplished this perfectly.

Aenor
11-18-2011, 08:30 AM
I was amazed and disappointed when Kringe told me Vanguard's database security was even worse than EQ's. It's like they didn't learn anything. Hate that it failed I loved that game.

nilbog
11-18-2011, 10:11 AM
2 Destructions? sup sup

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/characters.vm?characterId=51539726404

Cymbal
11-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Vanguard was fail

great game but the exploits made it stupid

trade window anyone?

Fraud
11-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Level 0 as a diplomat? nice.

Lemons
11-18-2011, 11:37 AM
haha i lvled to max lvl as a druid kiting using pathing exploits, i found it so mind blowingly amazing that i could use simple hills to force the pathing to fuck up. Didnt stay for long.

Smedy
11-18-2011, 11:43 AM
2 Destructions? sup sup

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/characters.vm?characterId=51539726404

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/characters.vm?characterId=81604396406

sup nagger

Crenshinabon
11-18-2011, 12:20 PM
lol Smedy you did that ridiculous greystone weapon quest? That took for fucking ever considering you got a lvl 40 weapon out of it. Epic quest like this made Vanguard a lot of fun though.

And Nilbog, I also loved the arena concept. Made grinding pretty fun to know you got a bad ass weapon at the end. I leveled sooo many levels at that place. And had a lot of good pvp times. Once again though it was just so buggy. I remember being attacked by an invis person who I literally could not see while they were casting on me. I was like wtf how you hacking bro? He replied, just cast levitate on yourself inside the arena and you can never be seen.

Darwoth
11-18-2011, 12:27 PM

sup nagger

http://www.scarybadguys.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10001/smedy.JPG

owned imo

Darksinga
11-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Looks like a 3v1, pal.

4v1 if you count that spider

valithteezee
11-18-2011, 12:30 PM
UI Looks a bit too much like WOW for my liking. The world(as I remember it in beta at least) was freaking huge, and really amazing graphics. It's too bad that Vanguard never took off.

Darwoth
11-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Looks like a 3v1, pal.

4v1 if you count that spider

no, it is simply pure own.

Darwoth
11-18-2011, 12:33 PM
ui was actually pretty awesome, was the most customizeable without knowing how to program shit ui ive ever played with, was also a slash command for just about everything, including activating items etc.

Kringe
11-18-2011, 12:33 PM

sup nagger

Sup now

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/characters.vm?characterId=81604497410

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/characters.vm?characterId=81604422428

boss
11-18-2011, 12:35 PM
was kind of op on vanguard. being able to run and cast at the same time was pretty awesome for a cleric. i ran around on nooblet and slayed tons of people. was a lot of fun until we ran out of content.

Smedy
11-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Rigz, accompanied by Shoon, Vol, Bodu, Durkk

now thats one legit crew right there dog

Kringe
11-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Rigz, accompanied by Shoon, Vol, Bodu, Durkk

now thats one legit crew right there dog

Thank you Bodu for lifetime subscription on Vanguard for free..

billyinorganic
11-18-2011, 01:36 PM
bros what up??

I made an epic song lyrics for that song that played when you walked through the thestrian town.

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/fileimages/000/017/117/336.JPG

Andis
11-18-2011, 01:39 PM
did 5k infamy make you good on vanguard?

I guess so. LOL

Crenshinabon
11-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Sony ruined any chance of pvp VG had. Those TP stones were sooooo stupid. You would "tp" into a town only to get ganked before you even loaded. I never understood why there was not some kind of temp invuln while loading.

Plus the macroing was way too overboard. My friend played a monk and literally had a macro that shot like 4 or 5 of his moves off all at once for an instant KO at almost any given moment.

I will say though monk class looked so fun with soaring leap. He was a fucking ninja.

dallammarr
11-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Interesting, I sent him an email back when I read that EQ was inducted into the GDC Hall of Fame and told him thats all the more reason he should begin work on his next MMO. His response:

Agreed -- thanks :)

-Brad

UrsusMajor
11-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Vanguard had some really amazing things in it.

It had potential to be the new Everquest (group content the focus, dungeons how they were meant to be and such).

I wish it had done better. I remember when I was 30 something and the 40s in my guild all started quiting because of a lack of content.

Vanguard was fun and I enjoyed most of the time I spent in it. It had some definite inovations.

Then again, it's coding seemed to be something a developer just puked out. I had just bought new gaming rig for both Vanguard and Conan and my god I was crashing every fucking hour in that game.

I quit about a month in after they nerfed a ton of classes including my Shaman. Epic nerfs and epicly bad coding are NOT FUN!

AmukTZ
11-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Searyx = Brad duh!

gnomishfirework
11-23-2011, 03:03 AM
Vanguard was fun and I enjoyed most of the time I spent in it. It had some definite inovations.

Then again, it's coding seemed to be something a developer just puked out. I had just bought new gaming rig for both Vanguard and Conan and my god I was crashing every fucking hour in that game.

I quit about a month in after they nerfed a ton of classes including my Shaman. Epic nerfs and epicly bad coding are NOT FUN!

I read that the coders were forced to start over a few times or something like that ( this info came out around the time Sony bought it and they handed out all the firings, so could be BS)

Humerox
11-23-2011, 03:15 AM
I beta'd VG...all I really remember are the huge forum fights between the old EQ hardliners and the WoW-type crowd.

I loved the crafting system and diplomacy was a pretty creative idea. Graphics were amazing, but hard on machines at the time. I remember getting like 5 FPS before they started optimizing, lol. I prefer sandbox MMO's (like there are any good ones anymore)...so I didn't go beyond beta with it.

Actually convo'd Brad quite a bit because I was helping with the Dip system...he was pretty cool, and upset about the direction he was forced to go in at the end with the game.

Supreme
11-23-2011, 03:51 AM
Hot Jamacian Bacon

messiah_b
11-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Old Nameless chat re: Ronald Johnson...

Jesse: and honestly, i think he had some kind of connection at verant

Benjamin: I saw you in fear one time....like 35 LOS lads and RONALD JOHNSON

Jesse: because he had deep knowledge of shit

Benjamin: v possible...prob not Brad because never really was a good gamer =p

Edit: Paging Nizzarr to this thread

Edit2: Also D. Spayde De'Monde