PDA

View Full Version : Going AFK

Sithel1988
11-17-2011, 02:21 PM
My main question is, can we be safe around guards? I know they currently dont attack people who attack you on beta. Anybody know whats up?

billyinorganic
11-17-2011, 02:27 PM
your trolling right?

if you go afk you die..

end of story

if you dont want to die dont go afk.

Sithel1988
11-17-2011, 02:28 PM
no, you are trolling brahsky. and its hard to believe a treehugging guard in gfay will let me murder his own kind right in front of him.

djdownward
11-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Peeveepee server afk = /camp

Sithel1988
11-17-2011, 02:31 PM
population is gonna be so low

billyinorganic
11-17-2011, 02:31 PM
"treehugging guard in gfay will let me murder his own kind right in front of him."

one nuke at a time grief

pickled_heretic
11-17-2011, 02:32 PM

yep.

billyinorganic

fight for the people ! join anti pk !

Peppers
Noob#794 tells you, "You faggot. Why did you kill me? I was afk."
You tell Noob#794, "Congratulations on going afk on a pvp server."
Noob#794 tells you, "Fag"
You tell Noob#794, "Noob"

Sithel1988
11-17-2011, 02:34 PM
lets just get rid of guards then. fuck it.

billyinorganic
11-17-2011, 02:35 PM
u could roll a new eq class :professional trainer"..

Dont play eq like you know, just focus on training.

Sithel1988
11-17-2011, 02:36 PM
lol @ accidental : P

pickled_heretic
11-17-2011, 02:36 PM
I think faction assist is planned to be in at some point, btw, but i wouldn't rely on guards because whoever has grinded the most faction will always have the assistance. that means trolls will be able to camp asslings in rivervale if they turn in enough toilet paper to mr. diarrhea =]

Sithel1988
11-17-2011, 02:51 PM
well unfortunately im not like the guy in that southpark episode of WoW, and can just sit there all dam day without getting out of the chair. so i'll be /camping a whole lot i guess

Danger
11-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Seriously man, if it's that big of a deal, take 30 seconds to camp. I can't wait till someone comes back to their PC with a beer to have some gimp gnome warrior quadding their ass with minotaur battle axes and have just enough health to make a feeble attempt to run and die. And thats why we need to keep global ooc.

Sithel1988
11-17-2011, 03:00 PM
well, see you all back on blue

gloinz
11-17-2011, 03:02 PM
well, see you all back on blue

bluebie griefed off server before server began

billyinorganic
11-17-2011, 03:02 PM
truth

pickled_heretic
11-17-2011, 03:03 PM
bluebie griefed off server before server began

I'm so glad to see that the red community is devoted to making this server a success.

Sithel1988
11-17-2011, 03:03 PM
i'll be on the server. and then will switch back to blue when population drops to nothing next day

billyinorganic
11-17-2011, 03:05 PM
i'll be on the server. and then will switch back to blue when population drops to nothing next day

I thought you were some type of warrior...
collecting all those pixels and such.

gloinz
11-17-2011, 03:05 PM

flipflopping bluebie griefed off server before server began

Cwall
11-17-2011, 03:06 PM
going afk -

http://i.imgur.com/4Sl7g.jpg

Peppers
11-17-2011, 03:12 PM
I feel the learning curve for bluebies is too steep. They will not make it.

Lovely
11-17-2011, 03:15 PM
http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/gZA57232.jpg

/camp is 2 hard.

Hangerbaby
11-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Your feet feel quick

Doors
11-17-2011, 03:28 PM
We'll do it live. Fuck it. We'll do it live.

Sithel1988
11-17-2011, 04:46 PM
sorry for liking a realistic feel to my games. thats why i like everquest. no matter how crappy the graphics are, the game feels realistic. especially if you play first person most of the time. so i can stab someone in front of a cop and get away with it? im fine with /camping. but its the little things like this that will make your victims go back to blue.

Lazortag
11-17-2011, 04:49 PM
To answer the question, yes you'll probably be safe around a guard. But you should probably just camp.

Tumdumm
11-17-2011, 04:51 PM
use /afk when you go afk - foolproof
gotta leave anon off though otherwise no one will believe you

LittleSorcerer7
11-17-2011, 04:54 PM
sorry for liking a realistic feel to my games. thats why i like everquest. no matter how crappy the graphics are, the game feels realistic. especially if you play first person most of the time. so i can stab someone in front of a cop and get away with it? im fine with /camping. but its the little things like this that will make your victims go back to blue.

Agreed. Guards need to be assisting =/

Pudge
11-17-2011, 05:02 PM
you fuckers are such idiots. do you want another empty server, that ends in 20 ppl online at peak hour, then the admin pulling the plug?

there is no yellow text. you gain nothing from killing a guy who is AFK but hate from him. "huurrrrrrr funny he's AFK stupif bluebie kill time......" -- if there is a REASON to kill him, like for his camp, then by all means go ahead. but killing for no reason is just going to make bluebie wonder why the fuck he wanted to dive into our cesspool community in the first place.

why the fuck do you think everyone left vztz? because they found logging in to be surrounded by a bunch of assholes tiresome and pointless. this is a social game. if the community is shit, then no one will be there. then you can sit in your ghost town server and DOMINATE any blue newb who dares enter your domain, yeah!!!!

don't be pieces of shit please. we've waited long enough for this server. pls don't make it fail like all the others. the magical content and mechanics of the p99 servers is not going to save you from ghost town

gloinz
11-17-2011, 05:06 PM
you fuckers are such idiots. do you want another empty server, that ends in 20 ppl online at peak hour, then the admin pulling the plug?

there is no yellow text. you gain nothing from killing a guy who is AFK but hate from him. "huurrrrrrr funny he's AFK stupif bluebie kill time......" -- if there is a REASON to kill him, like for his camp, then by all means go ahead. but killing for no reason is just going to make bluebie wonder why the fuck he wanted to dive into our cesspool community in the first place.

why the fuck do you think everyone left vztz? because they found logging in to be surrounded by a bunch of assholes tiresome and pointless. this is a social game. if the community is shit, then no one will be there. then you can sit in your ghost town server and DOMINATE any blue newb who dares enter your domain, yeah!!!!

don't be pieces of shit please. we've waited long enough for this server. pls don't make it fail like all the others. the magical content and mechanics of the p99 servers is not going to save you from ghost town

so by this rational we should all hold hands and sing songs in east commons
and i dont know why everyone thinks they are the prophetic nostradamus fortune cookie masters, you dont know the server will be a ghost town at all. theres plenty of people who actually like pvp servers that are gonna play, the bluebies who cant hack it will find themselves back on the girlyman server like it should be

also i doubt if a bluebie who cant handle dying when hes a tard for being afk can make it past level 3

Tumdumm
11-17-2011, 05:11 PM
also i doubt if a bluebie who cant handle dying when hes a tard for being afk can make it past level 3

unless its beta with 10x exp rate, then the whining ends around level 6 :P

Pudge
11-17-2011, 05:18 PM
so by this rational we should all hold hands and sing songs in east commons
no, pvp with a point is fine. if hes at a camp you want, or an asshole, or in a guild competing with yours, etc. then fine. but not killing some random newb afk in town just to cause him grief (exp loss, potential corpse run, more exp loss when ppl see him naked standing at bind..)

and i dont know why everyone thinks they are the prophetic nostradamus fortune cookie masters, you dont know the server will be a ghost town at all. theres plenty of people who actually like pvp servers that are gonna play, the bluebies who cant hack it will find themselves back on the girlyman server like it should be

thing is.. it's happened before and i witnessed it till the end. not saying the server would ghost-town in 6 months.. im talking over the long haul. it will eventually become just the same old "pvpers" that play all the boxes, if everyone acts the same as they have been. and then population will die off from there as it did on the latest vztz

we need "fresh blood" but not to scare them away or ostracize them. griefing greenie just makes him go somewhere he finds no grief - either another server, or another game

gloinz
11-17-2011, 05:25 PM
no, pvp with a point is fine. if hes at a camp you want, or an asshole, or in a guild competing with yours, etc. then fine. but not killing some random newb afk in town just to cause him grief (exp loss, potential corpse run, more exp loss when ppl see him naked standing at bind..)

theres that approach, which the majority of players probably take, and then theres the pvp champ approach which is similar to a snow plow, you'll find a nice balance on this box instead of vztz and other shit boxes because we have an influx of bluebies and oldschool ppls

http://www.crossbros.com/content/images/snowplow2.jpg

thing is.. it's happened before and i witnessed it till the end. not saying the server would ghost-town in 6 months.. im talking over the long haul. it will eventually become just the same old "pvpers" that play all the boxes, if everyone acts the same as they have been. and then population will die off from there as it did on the latest vztz

we need "fresh blood" but not to scare them away or ostracize them. griefing greenie just makes him go somewhere he finds no grief - either another server, or another game

this box isn't any other box emu box its far superior and has attracted ppl that played on one of the FOUR pvp servers who said fuck the other emu boxes. those FOUR pvp servers survived just fine for years and thrived early on (classic - velious era)

using what happened on an emu to make a judgement on what will happen on here is wrong imo

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/100320007/High_Quality_Mdf_Plain_Box_Ready_For.jpg

Doors
11-17-2011, 05:27 PM
This server will not be a ghost box lol.

Even if worse came to worse, TR and the rest of the basement dwelling blue scrubs would make the transition over for legacy pixels. But it won't even come to that.

valithteezee
11-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Gloinz, The Official Champ Of Metaphors imo.

Crazerous
11-17-2011, 05:41 PM
gloinz is right...im from RZ and Zek and ive already ran into a few other people i knew from zek who never played VZTZ either.

Atmas
11-17-2011, 05:43 PM
this box isn't any other box emu box its far superior and has attracted ppl that played on one of the FOUR pvp servers who said fuck the other emu boxes. those FOUR pvp servers survived just fine for years and thrived early on (classic - velious era)

This box does not have the same ruleset as any of the live servers. I'd give a lot to have that live experience again.

Psykes
11-17-2011, 05:44 PM
A:A
F:Free
K:Kill

lethdar
11-17-2011, 06:21 PM
loooooool, doesn't matter if guards assist or not, go afk and you're gonna die.

Peppers
11-17-2011, 06:36 PM
loooooool, doesn't matter if guards assist or not, go afk and you're gonna die.

Having to explain that means the bluebies will not give the challenge i was hoping for.

Marras
11-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Is this a serious thread?

Nune
11-17-2011, 07:15 PM

Yeah, play a completely fictional game based on Fantasy and Magic then bitch because you feel it lacks realism... uhhhhh

Unleashed
11-17-2011, 08:01 PM
They are trying to put in guard assist. Do /q if you want to be safe if you go afk. I feel like there will be a large enough anti pk presence that eventually things will be safer. Just gotta tough it out until we can fix this community

Nune
11-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Hahahahaha ^ your faggy guilds gonna get it worse than anyone bro, i think the community intends on fixing YOU.

Lazortag
11-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Hahahahaha ^ your faggy guilds gonna get it worse than anyone bro, i think the community intends on fixing YOU.

I'm not really afraid of someone who can't even type out a legible sentence in his first language.

Sithel1988
11-17-2011, 08:19 PM
shits getting serious bro

Kain
11-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Spear of Nation chose the wrong spot, as much as I hate Holocaust your gonna get zerged.

Tombom
11-17-2011, 08:38 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/14nee79.jpg

spear chuckers of the nation

Marras
11-17-2011, 08:40 PM
grats on pve

Psykes
11-17-2011, 08:40 PM
ROFL TOM

Lazortag
11-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Spear of Nation chose the wrong spot, as much as I hate Holocaust your gonna get zerged.

We have more members than they do and I also highly doubt they're actually starting in Qeynos. Moreover, we're just generally smarter and better at pvp than them so I'm not really scared. Qeynos is the best starting area for experienced ae kiters like myself so I will not be deterred even if the entire server starts in Qeynos.

Cwall
11-17-2011, 09:29 PM
We have more members than they do and I also highly doubt they're actually starting in Qeynos. Moreover, we're just generally smarter and better at pvp than them so I'm not really scared. Qeynos is the best starting area for experienced ae kiters like myself so I will not be deterred even if the entire server starts in Qeynos.

it's painful to read the things you say because you're trying so hard to troll and it's slightly pathetic

do me a favor and stop talking altogether

Unleashed
11-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Not everyone on the forums aspires to be a troll. It's not like its a large achievment.

Lazortag
11-17-2011, 09:35 PM
it's painful to read the things you say because you're trying so hard to troll and it's slightly pathetic

do me a favor and stop talking altogether

It's kind of funny that you respond to literally every post I make where I claim bluebies are smarter than red players. You're so insecure it's kind of sad. But, if it makes you happy to rationalize my bluebie wisdom as mere "trolling", I won't stop you from deluding yourself.

(I'm not sure why you think it's trolling though - red players complain about ten times more, tend to be dumber and less able to express complex thoughts, while also cheating much more than blue players so the evidence would suggest that bluebies are indeed better)

billyinorganic
11-17-2011, 09:37 PM
^
not sure if real..

or just likes to hide his rape...

Traldom
11-17-2011, 09:41 PM
All I know is that I'm going to have a lot of money if these people go afk as much as they say they will.

No real lives allowed here in R99.

billyinorganic
11-17-2011, 09:41 PM
OMG WOLFRAM ALPHA DUDE I STUDY NETWORK THEORY AND STEPHEN W's "a new kind of science" WAS WHAT INSPIRED ME

Tombom
11-17-2011, 09:42 PM
It's kind of funny that you respond to literally every post I make where I claim bluebies are smarter than red players. You're so insecure it's kind of sad. But, if it makes you happy to rationalize my bluebie wisdom as mere "trolling", I won't stop you from deluding yourself.

(I'm not sure why you think it's trolling though - red players complain about ten times more, tend to be dumber and less able to express complex thoughts, while also cheating much more than blue players so the evidence would suggest that bluebies are indeed better)

lol evidence on ackin plz?

last I heard blue 99 was decimated by bans because you babbys couldnt even handle a strictly pve game without a helping hand.

damn these pixels are outsmarting me!

Darwoth
11-17-2011, 10:11 PM
i had largely forgotten how pathetic blue server players are until the last few weeks when they started coming over to this board.

if you are to inept to not go afk without taking 30 seconds to log out (or whining about it when you dont and get killed) it would not matter what the mechanics of the server are as you would still be unable to cope and wind up back on blue arguing over who gets to camp the whateverthefuck spawn.

Tombom
11-17-2011, 10:14 PM
My favorite part is how much they'll talk now before launch.
A few days in after getting shitstomped and deleveling twice
they will blame "red griefing mentality" instead of their own stupidity
for not logging off the few minutes and getting some sun while the
enemies move on.

GET A LIFE BLUE BABBYS

Cwall
11-17-2011, 10:16 PM

lol
2/10 made me reply

Softcore PK
11-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Hey guys, be nice :(

Some of my best friends are blue.

Tombom
11-17-2011, 10:21 PM
<Spear of the Nation> - Anti-PK, Anti-Grief, Anti-Table Authoritarianism .... (╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

you are blue

Softcore PK
11-17-2011, 10:24 PM
<Spear of the Nation> - Anti-PK, Anti-Grief, Anti-Table Authoritarianism .... (╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

you are blue

I won't stand for this pro-table propaganda. Post reported.

Lazortag
11-17-2011, 10:28 PM
My favorite part is how much they'll talk now before launch.
A few days in after getting shitstomped and deleveling twice
they will blame "red griefing mentality" instead of their own stupidity
for not logging off the few minutes and getting some sun while the
enemies move on.

GET A LIFE BLUE BABBYS

Everyone knows red players cry more than blue players. Just see the pvp bugs forum for proof of this.

Ryba
11-17-2011, 10:34 PM
This forum is like watching chimps sling their own shit at each other, plus there is a grown man with an Amelie avatar which we all ignore because it is too disturbing to come to terms with.

There is no way I would join one of the premade guilds on this server.

boozehammer
11-17-2011, 10:41 PM
plus there is a grown man with an Amelie avatar which we all ignore because it is too disturbing to come to terms with.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Softcore PK
11-17-2011, 10:44 PM
What's wrong with my Amélie avatar? :(

Ryba
11-17-2011, 10:51 PM
What's wrong with my Amélie avatar? :(

What is right with it. That shit is sinister. That is the face of a pre-op tranny mime watching someone poop.

Softcore PK
11-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Amélie is an American hero.

Tombom
11-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Everyone knows red players cry more than blue players. Just see the pvp bugs forum for proof of this.

didn't address any of my points, see you in game barddboi

Tombom
11-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Amélie is an American hero.

for once we agree on somthing, can we be friends?

Softcore PK
11-17-2011, 11:07 PM
for once we agree on somthing, can we be friends?

Of course we can be friends :)

<3333

NenshouStar
11-17-2011, 11:11 PM

<3333

I feel so left out, I can't believe i'm ignoring my girlfriends for this... oh wait.
yes i can. somebody offer me some condolences.

Tombom
11-17-2011, 11:14 PM

<3333

I am glad we are now pals, I take back everything I ever said about you. Your guild is still poopy but I can overlook that and see you for a true friend. It will be like fox and the hound.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2610pb7.jpg

Tombom
11-17-2011, 11:15 PM
in b4 closeted furries ruin everything as usual

billyinorganic
I feel so left out, I can't believe i'm ignoring my girlfriends for this... oh wait.
yes i can. somebody offer me some condolences.

Screen capped your post, trolled your account and found your FB profile, msged pic to girl friend..

Softcore PK
Awww, you made me the fox :)

Having friends is a great goodness xD

Tombom
11-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Screen capped your post, trolled your account and found your FB profile, msged pic to girl friend..

top tier internet detective. good work sherlock, capitol idea watson

NenshouStar
11-17-2011, 11:17 PM
LOL, -no comment-

NenshouStar
11-17-2011, 11:21 PM
I can't believe I actually checked my profile on here to see if i had any personal info up.. thanks bro

billyinorganic
11-17-2011, 11:22 PM
dude its too late... tiny eye reverse image + rl pic thread..

Storys ended bro..

Ryba
11-17-2011, 11:40 PM
in b4 closeted furries ruin everything as usual

That is exactly what a closeted furry would say after testing the waters with such a questionable photo.

Wanteddead
11-18-2011, 02:51 AM
I dont know how many of you really were around in 1999 but I was, and guard hugging was classic, if you had the faction the gaurds defended you. If you want this server to be truely classic lame ass guard hugging should be in.

Producer
11-18-2011, 03:22 AM
I dont know how many of you really were around in 1999 but I was, and guard hugging was classic, if you had the faction the gaurds defended you. If you want this server to be truely classic lame ass guard hugging should be in.

I was just thinking the same thing. What is the point of "faction" if we can't take advantage of it. :*(

Darwoth
11-18-2011, 03:34 AM
nobody said it shouldn't be in, just that until it is stop crying about it not.

not like guards assisting is going to keep you from being killed if you go afk anyway, which is the topic of the thread.

Tombom
11-18-2011, 03:54 AM
That is exactly what a closeted furry would say after testing the waters with such a questionable photo.

confirmed sexually frustrated furry never saw the beauty of friendship that
the fox and the hound gave to us all... this is what I was worried about
calm your red rocket clifford and let us normal cools enjoy a classic animated film