PDA

View Full Version : few timeline related questions

nilbog
11-17-2011, 01:54 PM
I have the option of removing quest functionality, or removing npcs. After I do this once, it will be easy to revert in the future. We have a new method of enabling/disabling npcs, loots, and quests by timeline occurrence, so I have only to set these up once.

Ivy Etched - 2 npcs in Kithicor.

Should they exist prior to the opening of sol ro and not offer their quests, or not exist at all?

Crafted Armor - 2 npcs in Southkarana.

Should they exist prior to the opening of sol ro and not offer their quests, or not exist at all?

Ro Armor - Rathe Mountains

The npcs on the hill in rathe mountains. Should they exist prior to the opening of sol ro and not offer their quests, or not exist at all?

Totemic Armor - 2 npcs in Lake Rathe

Zone openings:

-dates hateplane/fearplane/airplane opened in 1999 ?

Annnd.. anything else I might be forgetting? Any prekunark quests/npcs which should/shouldn't exist that hasn't been addressed?

Hangerbaby
11-17-2011, 01:57 PM
I say leave them. Classic suffered from a lack of content and I cannot see it hurting too much to have such minor things implemented in the game

nilbog
11-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Nope.

This isn't designed to be a discussion thread.

If you know the answers to the questions, please chime in. I wanted specifics before I made guesses.

Darwoth
11-17-2011, 02:04 PM
the planes opened a few months after launch, dont know exactly when. thought plane of sky opened some time after hate/fear though.

as for the armor quests it probably doesn't matter much one way or the other.

also i have asked a few times in various threads you've made and not gotten an answer, is the oaken scimitar going to be dropping?

edit: pretty much certain that sky opened later than the other planes, there was a period of time that the plane itself existed and was not populated, then a period of time after that where it had mobs but no itemization.

Barn
11-17-2011, 02:17 PM
I will miss Ulan Meadowgreen as a merchant if he is not there, but I don't know if he was a merchant before he was a crafted questgiver.

billyinorganic
11-17-2011, 02:19 PM
fear was first on bertox

PhantomRogue
11-17-2011, 02:19 PM
the planes opened a few months after launch, dont know exactly when. thought plane of sky opened some time after hate/fear though.

as for the armor quests it probably doesn't matter much one way or the other.

also i have asked a few times in various threads you've made and not gotten an answer, is the oaken scimitar going to be dropping?

Sky DEFINITELY came out much later than Hate and Fear. Sky was released just prior to Kunark. Early 2000

dusk883
11-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Sky DEFINITELY came out much later than Hate and Fear. Sky was released just prior to Kunark. Early 2000

^ this is how I remember it

Bazia
11-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Pretty sure it was just PoF first with the Cryosilk and Lustrous drops,

then PoH was added with class specific drops,

with PoF being stripped of Cryo and Lustrous more class specific were put in to replace Lustrous and Cryo,

PoS came much later.....

guineapig
11-17-2011, 03:00 PM
The dates of zone releases are all known by the staff and posted in multiple threads on the forums.

Apr 99 - Game goes live
Oct 99 - Temple of Solusek Ro
Jan 00 - Plane of Sky
Feb 00 - City of Paineel
Apr 00 - Kerra Ridge + Splitpaw 2.0
Apr 00 - Kunark
June 00 - The Hole
Sep 00 - Epic Quests
Dec 00 - Velious
Mar 01 - The Warrens
Mar 01 - Hate + Fear 2.0
Aug 01 - Stoneburnt
Dec 01 - Luclin

That's not what Nilbog is asking for!

Hangerbaby
11-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Remove NPCs entirely until they are quest accessible
I do believe that no matter what you do you will be told it is broken, anyways, but its easier for you to make the NPCs untrackable so no one finds them and whines about it.

Dfn
11-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Was the Thex Dagger quest fixed? Is the blued two handed hammer in? I'm assuming jboots is a drop?

nilbog
11-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Was the Thex Dagger quest fixed? Is the blued two handed hammer in? I'm assuming jboots is a drop?

yes
no
yes

mitic
11-17-2011, 04:05 PM
so will there be lowlvl split paw 1.0 ?

Mardur
11-17-2011, 04:17 PM
no

Silikten
11-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Remove npcs. No function= no need.

Sky came after hate/fear. not sure on timeline though, sorry!

Kringe
11-17-2011, 04:28 PM
I have the option of removing quest functionality, or removing npcs. After I do this once, it will be easy to revert in the future. We have a new method of enabling/disabling npcs, loots, and quests by timeline occurrence, so I have only to set these up once.

Exist before Sol Ro (not gamebreaking)

Exist before Sol Ro (not gamebreaking)

The npcs on the hill in rathe mountains. Should they exist prior to the opening of sol ro and not offer their quests, or not exist at all?

Should they exist prior to the opening of sol ro and not offer their quests, or not exist at all? Exist before Sol Ro (not gamebreaking)

Zone openings:

Pofear was released first, a month or so after launch (distictively remember it wasnt even a 46+ zone initially, people were rushing level 1s in there and logging them out.. Initially it was a non kos zone.) Id say open PoFear within the first month of launch.

PoHate followed shortly after, I'd say roughly 3-4months after launch. I wouldnt object to this being on the same timeline as PoFear because it only hinders other classes from their gear other than whats randomly dropped from Phobos

PoSky - I'd say wait approximately 3-4months after release. People will be accustomed to the dynamics of the Planes somewhat, and can start getting owned in Sky.
Annnd.. anything else I might be forgetting? Any prekunark quests/npcs which should/shouldn't exist that hasn't been addressed?

Pudge
11-17-2011, 04:41 PM
if you REALLY don't want ppl posting about these broken quests/missing NPCs in the bug forums.. leave the quest NPC in, and have it respond to a hail with "THIS QUEST WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED BY P1999 STAFF UNTIL A LATER DATE" or some other such jarring, immersion-shattering message.

nilbog
11-17-2011, 04:45 PM
I actually think it would happen more if the npcs were left there. i.e. NPC NOT RESPOND TO CRAFTEZ ARMOUR MELOLS. WHY U PUT IT IN IF CAN"T USE< THIS PLACE SUX AND U HARD ON NOOB. etc.

So, quest npcs not involved in other quests will be removed until their time is appropriate. Centaurs in SK, Totemic folks in lakerathe, etc. Easiest way I guess unless someone has evidence to the contrary.

Thanks for helps.

guineapig
11-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Sky came after hate/fear. not sure on timeline though, sorry!

Jan 00 - Plane of Sky

ugh...

fistses
11-18-2011, 10:43 AM

Zone openings:

FEAR was launched with live, with NO level restritction. Level restriction was then placed to 45+ when Hate went live in I want to say September.. then sky went live in January

Epochal
11-26-2011, 12:59 AM
My problem is if a npc is taken out of the game, why is there info on how to do the quest, what rewards you can get, even on the guide for warriors it shows the items pre planar....If the two centaurs in SK are removed I've been wasting my time gathering items and losing almost a full level for nothing. This page doesn't say if the npc stayed or were taken out which is the info I am looking for. Little help please, there is little to no small plate for halfling warriors and trying to gear a little is being snuffed out if this quest is not available anymore.

Nirgon
11-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Nope.

This isn't designed to be a discussion thread.

If you know the answers to the questions, please chime in. I wanted specifics before I made guesses.

The sign on the Freeport boat house says "Kunark" on it at the bottom. Have fun with that one, Slick.

Galanteer
11-26-2011, 01:27 AM
will level ones be able to zone into fear? think that lasted a week or two in live...

Grento
11-26-2011, 09:56 AM
FEAR was launched with live, with NO level restritction. Level restriction was then placed to 45+ when Hate went live in I want to say September.. then sky went live in January

I'm pretty sure hate launched some time in september/oct. I remember it was after school started because i ditched class early to go raid the day it opened.

Drayc
11-26-2011, 12:11 PM

No this is not correct, it did launch soon after live but it was not at launch. I was working for a game news website GameSpy at the time and we covered the opening of fear with a horde of level 1 ogres running into fear.