PDA

View Full Version : Class Choice - Pure Caster

HippoNipple
11-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Wiz or Necro? Magician I never considered and I figured enchanters become less and less useful the better the player base is - which I'm assuming the player base will be pretty tough here. Maybe this is wrong and I'm open to changing my mind still - I just know I'm not interested in magicians.

My play times are not consistent. I will get to play a fair amount but can't count on being able to play every night. I will probably do a couple hours here and there, skip some weekends then play heavy on other weekends. This is why necromancer seems good for me since I need the option to solo.

The only class I have ever leveled up the hard way is a necro so I know them better than any. I have also had a wizard from 1-50 but had help from friends so it wasn't an issue. I quit before the game progressed much back in 2000-2001 I believe, can't really remember exactly when I quit but all I ever played was RZ and TZ.

Is it possible to level up efficiently solo as a wizard? I know you can quad kite once you are around 32+ but do you rely on groups until then? Also I'm thinking quad kiting on this pvp server could get ugly or tough due to crowding. If a wizard is going to rely too heavily on having groups at all times I may just stick with the necro, but it would be nice to try something else for a change.

Would love some feedback and am willing to sort through the bullshit that will most likely be 90% of the replies.

Lemons
11-17-2011, 12:06 PM
we are the 90% !

id go necro or druid or mage cause the server is going to be really lacking all of those classes im sure every guild will want to snatch you right up.

HippoNipple
11-17-2011, 12:26 PM
we are the 90% !

id go necro or druid or mage cause the server is going to be really lacking all of those classes im sure every guild will want to snatch you right up.

Well honestly I'm not too worried about a big guild so if I actually liked the play style of those classes I wouldn't care how many others there were.

I just want to find a good group to run with and pvp - doesn't need to be a big guild or even a perfect group of 6. Running with a group of 2-4 and pvping is fine with me.

Raiding at this point isn't a big deal to me either - I might change my mind later but pking some players from serious raids will probably be enough fun for me.

Cymbal
11-17-2011, 12:49 PM
necro is more OP but u should play wiz since u didnt play 1 be4

you dont HAVE to group and most of the good groups will not want a wiz anyway

all they do is sit and leach

Lovely
11-17-2011, 12:49 PM
If you wanna be OP and level fast then go Necromancer. If you wanna be gimp and level slowly go Wizard.

Cymbal
11-17-2011, 12:50 PM
lol wiz is far from gimp on this server but u got the level slower part right

valithteezee
11-17-2011, 01:00 PM
at 38 or w/e isn't that the level wizzies can quad seafurries? How could a necro keep up with that XP rate?

Lovely
11-17-2011, 01:03 PM
at 38 or w/e isn't that the level wizzies can quad seafurries? How could a necro keep up with that XP rate?

I assume you're trolling. You can barely solo kill one at level 50 without root/snare kiting it to regen mana.

It takes 1850 mana + root/snare (without any resists) to kill ONE at Level 50 using the most mana efficient nukes.. At level 38 you can't even get them to 75% with single target spells due to resists. For quad kiting multiply the mana it cost it takes to kill one with single spells with about 3x. Then try to figure out how long it actually takes to quad them at level 50. We're talking way over 10 minutes.

Hangerbaby
11-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Play a rogue, duh

tbox
11-17-2011, 01:50 PM
I think it boils down to this PVP Wiz> Necro
PVE Necro> Wizard.

Necros are not horrid at pvp but if the target can heal or be healed it becomes a real struggle to out dps heals. Whereas a wizard can out dps a greater heal or 2 and even a superior heal.

gloinz
11-17-2011, 01:54 PM
PVE Necro> Wizard.

Necros are not horrid at pvp but if the target can heal or be healed it becomes a real struggle to out dps heals. Whereas a wizard can out dps a greater heal or 2 and even a superior heal.

looool necros are kings of pvp if played right
mayb not as strong as shamans but very close, and a different style

and a wiz cant out dps a greater heal when he is bashed in the face

Lovely
11-17-2011, 01:54 PM
PVE Necro> Wizard.

The truth, all who was gonna roll Necros please go Wizard and be more powerful!!!!!

No no Gloinz, all necros choose other classes now!!