PDA

View Full Version : Recharging Clickies? Confirm/deny

Castle
11-15-2011, 09:36 AM
This true? Confirm/deny. Hoops n all?

I love me some hoops, but shootin' that many hoops is too much basketball for one server to handle bros.. Someone say it ain't so...

Smedy
11-15-2011, 09:43 AM
hoping for a word on this to, if recharging is in i'd like to see some kind of customized price to recharge, some items are just to cheap to recharge and that makes them sorta game breaking

Darwoth
11-15-2011, 09:44 AM
hoops cost 15k to buy back, and i have gone as long as a string of 73 rubies without getting one. dont think hoops will be a problem.

most of the high end charge items from dragons/planes cost 1200ish to buy back and the mid level shit 417p to buy back.

golem wands are 300p to buy back.

so 30k per hoop, 2400 per dragon/planar item, 840 for misc other shit and 600 per wand bomb.

some of the lower level stuff that wont effect high end fights much/at all are cheaper, but yeah recharging is not an issue and those acting like it is are retards looking for something to bitch about.

Darwoth
11-15-2011, 09:48 AM
forgot to add, some folks say there is a bug to recharge everything for free. these same people are in guilds that have the most vocal supporters of removing charging or making the cost ridiculous, which if followed would remove charging for the entire server but for the handful that know whatever the sploit is.

Smedy
11-15-2011, 09:56 AM
hoops cost 15k to buy back, and i have gone as long as a string of 73 rubies without getting one. dont think hoops will be a problem.

most of the high end charge items from dragons/planes cost 1200ish to buy back and the mid level shit 417p to buy back.

golem wands are 300p to buy back.

so 30k per hoop, 2400 per dragon/planar item, 840 for misc other shit and 600 per wand bomb.

some of the lower level stuff that wont effect high end fights much/at all are cheaper, but yeah recharging is not an issue and those acting like it is are retards looking for something to bitch about.

To me 300 pp for a golem wand is god damn cheap for what it gives you.

I just hate to see pvp being all about farming cash, the bluebies will wreck some naggers on here

Lovely
11-15-2011, 10:02 AM
What Darwoth said. The prices are already really high and it's a good PP dump for the economy.

I got 1 Invandyr in over 60 rubies. Pain in the fkin ass. You won't even notice that Hoops exist on the server. No one is gonna spend a whole day farming platinum just to get another 5 charges for one PVP fight. I'm definitely only getting one per character at least.

PS: Recharging a Golem Wand is actually 600pp since you gotta buyback two wands to recharge one.

People who enjoy PVPing are gonna spend all their time killing people not farming platinum. If you see people farming at good PP places such at Seafuries then just go kill them, not to hard.

Peppers
11-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Can someone explain to me why these items have charges? Thank you.

valithteezee
11-15-2011, 10:12 AM
People who enjoy PVPing are gonna spend all their time killing people not farming platinum. If you see people farming at good PP places such at Seafuries then just go kill them, not to hard.

Should make gem's lootable if that's the case.

Lovely
11-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Can someone explain to me why these items have charges? Thank you.

I CAN! So you are restricted to only using the particular item once per fight.

But if you wanna discuss things like that then there is a thread on the blue forum about it. It's a fact that EQ developers knew about recharging and didn't do anything about it during Classic, Kunark, Velious and to whatever else expansion. I didn't play much after Velious since the game started to stink!

Lovely
11-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Should make gem's lootable if that's the case.

I agree! That would be an awesome change :D

Peppers
11-15-2011, 10:33 AM
So you are restricted to only using the particular item once per fight.

Best attempt to reduce an otherwise intricate game down to a one dimensional boring waste of time sink.

A+

Castle
11-15-2011, 10:45 AM
I was thinking the costs were cheaper, but if it costs that much should be no problem, EXCEPT golem wand... 600pp for full wand still seems a bit cheap.

PhantomRogue
11-15-2011, 10:48 AM
I've already posted code on how to fix the golem wand, just needs a developer to confirm/deny that they think it is a problem.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=459335#post459335

Lovely
11-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Dunno why a few people think clickers are an issue. Don't you guys PVP on a PVP server?

Do you think people wanna spend 600pp or more every time they PVP? The people that actively PVP does 5-10+ fights an hour. Even if you farm PP and recharge items on a regular basis you wouldn't use any of them in more then 1% of your fights.

600pp is already a lot for a Golem Wand imo and the other shit is even more expensive. It definitely don't need to be changed. Recharge items are great for a PVP server, they add a new dimension to the game and they also help the weaker classes have a chance vs superior classes.

People that think it's gonna be a spam fest are retarded and delusional. You'll barely notice that clickers exist on an active PVP server.

Lasher
11-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Dunno why a few people think clickers are an issue. Don't you guys PVP on a PVP server?

Do you think people wanna spend 600pp or more every time they PVP? The people that actively PVP does 5-10+ fights an hour. Even if you farm PP and recharge items on a regular basis you wouldn't use any of them in more then 1% of your fights.

600pp is already a lot for a Golem Wand imo and the other shit is even more expensive. It definitely don't need to be changed. Recharge items are great for a PVP server, they add a new dimension to the game and they also help the weaker classes have a chance vs superior classes.

People that think it's gonna be a spam fest are retarded and delusional. You'll barely notice that clickers exist on an active PVP server.

I think recharging should stay but i also think golem wands drop way to common, maybe i got lucky.

I dont know why you think they add a new dimesion to an almost 13 year old game, maybe you didnt know about them on live and its new to you now?

Smedy
11-15-2011, 11:11 AM
I dno, i don't like insta clickies, clearly takes away whatever skill everquest pvp has, especially the hoop and the wizard conflag wands.

I'm glad there's no item loot at least.

PhantomRogue
11-15-2011, 11:36 AM

I think you are the retarded and delusional one. Golem Wands were always used in classic because there were not 1000 insta click buffs like there were later in EQ and stripping buffs was important.

Sure, they aren't used in every fight, but they are always charged and ready to go.

As soon as the rash of insta click buffs started to emerge, it made the Golem wand less valuable. However, when we have BUFFED resists that reach around 120... the Golem wands become that much better to strip the buffs to ensure spells land and to remove other buffs such as DSs, Levi, etc.

Golem Wands are an OP item in EQ PvP until the game progressed into Velious and Resists on Items because more prominent. There was a reason they were the most camped item and why people always had 'the clean merchant' to buy/sell them to.

The problem is not that the Golem Wand exists, its that its insanely cheap and easy to get additional charges without the risk and time invested to camp it again.

Lovely
11-15-2011, 11:48 AM
It's Classic and this is suppose to be a Classic server rite? So I don't see the issue. In all other thread people argue that it was "like this in Classic" so ill use the same one here.

Classic is Classic. People want the Classic experience!! :D

I'm not gonna have much access to the best camps for recharge items or other items for that matter since it's gonna be zerged down by zerg guilds. But I enjoy them being in the game, I also enjoy when people waste their charges on me. I like the element of surprise they bring to PVP. If you don't know what your enemy is sporting then the result won't be obvious and I enjoy it like that.

Knuckle
11-15-2011, 12:01 PM
I dno, i don't like insta clickies, clearly takes away whatever skill everquest pvp has, especially the hoop and the wizard conflag wands.

I agree, the clickies shouldn't be rechargable, keep them lore/uncommon but not super rare. if you want to farm one and use it in pvp then do it. but rechargable golem wands are going to be retarded

Smedy
11-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Can we come to the conclusion that golem wands need to be at least manastone type rarity?

They drop almost every time now and are rechargeable, everyone on the box within 3 weeks are going to have golem wands making buff classes useless.

Either make golem wands ultra rare or make them retarded expensive to recharge / disable recharge for golem wands

gloinz
11-15-2011, 01:45 PM
fook instaclickies imo

Smedy
11-15-2011, 01:47 PM
the champ has spoken

minakto
11-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Can we come to the conclusion that golem wands need to be at least manastone type rarity?

They drop almost every time now and are rechargeable, everyone on the box within 3 weeks are going to have golem wands making buff classes useless.

Either make golem wands ultra rare or make them retarded expensive to recharge / disable recharge for golem wands

Manastone ultra rare smedy? I usually support my fellows but to make this that rare is kind of dumb. It shouldnt be common, make it uncommon but not manastone ultra rare. Sorry just couldnt agree

Lovely
11-15-2011, 01:53 PM
How about we keep the server Classic?

There are thousand of things on this server that I personally consider overpowered and bullshit, but that's Classic Everquest for you and that's what people enjoy. People are drawn to this website for one simple thing and that's to get a the Classic Everquest Experience one more time. Not to play on a modified emulator where everything is different. In the start of this Beta I actually wanted a modified server but later on I realized that most people do not and the most enjoyable experience I can get is a healthy server that is as close to Classic Everquest as possible.

The only reason people are discussing the spell system is because the Developers decided to modify it. But everything else should remain Classic.

Announcing Project 1999 Red, Classic PvP Server

To be released the evening of Friday, November 18th, 2011

* Built from the most popular, most accurate classic Everquest server.
* PvP Range scaling for competitive PvP at all levels.
* Coin loot only.
* Progressions on a slightly increased timeline, including initial legacy items such as Manastones and Guise of the Deceiver.
* Proven anti-cheat / anti-hack system.

This is what people are promised and that's what they should get. If you want something changed then look for things that aren't Classic, not the other way around. Thanks

Darwoth
11-15-2011, 01:54 PM
as a class that is reliant on its buffs i hope they leave shit how it is, if someone wants to blow 600 plat to debuff me i will deal with it and leave/rebuff/come back, lot better than classic where everyone i fought dumped a vendor bought egg shaped on me at a cost of 12p.

was able to deal with it then, dont see how folks blowing golem wands at a cost of 600 per every now and again is going to hurt anything other than the occasional ego of a raid buffed zerger.

Amuk
11-15-2011, 01:58 PM
These forums are so frustrating, once again Lovely feels the need to spam his opinion as a solo scrub pvper. Golem wands are very OP for group pvp where an assist train can burn a targets entire buff set off with a few clicks. If they are this common and cheap to recharge it's reasonable to expect several people to have one in an assist train, you'll just call in who's using theirs and burn targets down far too easily.

There was a reason they removed instant dispell pumice - it was just too OP and easy to obtain, currently golem wands are the same.

Amuk
11-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Yeah people won't farm 600p a week for Naggy, np guys Darwoth won't be there, and he'll just gate from random pvp and come back later.

Darwoth
11-15-2011, 02:00 PM
dont think a golem wand that you have to farm at arguably the most contested spawn on the server and blow 600p per is the same as egg shaped pumice you could buy in unlimited quanities for 12p.

Nirgon
11-15-2011, 02:01 PM
600p isnt so bad to save for contesting spawns every week. Besides, you only hafta shut people out of spawns a few times before they all quit.

Lovely
11-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Once again Amuk who's obsessed with Lovely needs to mention Lovely's name. It's not healthy for you bro

LOL watching your post history, my name is in almost every second post. Jeez help might be needed for you.

Darwoth
11-15-2011, 02:02 PM
yeah lets shit up the mechanics of the server because amuk is afraid someone will strip his buffs at some hypothetical nagafen war.

because you know, people wont have them regardless at such an encounter be it farming them or charging them.

Darwoth
11-15-2011, 02:04 PM
if both sides have golem wands in whatever zerg vs zerg contestation i fail to see how that is any less balanced than neither side having them, as i have said in numerous threads it is primarily the gimps running around in raid buffs that make up the vocal minority on wanting charging removed.

that and the bedshitters that will be happy to sit on their splayed ass cheeks for 16 hours a day to farm wands.

Kringe
11-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Thing is.. Golem wand you only need 2 (they arent lore)... 600plat will be shit... Items will sell for a fuckload as guilds lock down zones for awhile..
EG - FBSS 3 chances to spawn, and will go for around 5-8k.. One of those will provide you with 10 + recharges of golem wand farming... took me a hour and a half to get 3 fbss's... You do the math, I have just provided myself with 30 recharges of golem wand usage...

There are a few items that should have their recharge value "upped" to keep things in balance.. Again, I made this post 5 weeks ago addressing it, and Its fine and dandy for me, but I'm thinking moreso longevity of the server..

Amuk
11-15-2011, 02:07 PM
You're either a troll or retarded, I just hope Null doesn't take your posts seriously.

Darwoth
11-15-2011, 02:07 PM
the economy isnt going to be like the blue server where everyone rerolls a new character as soon as they are done levelling the previous one, a month or two after 50 all but the rarest of items wont sell for shit.

Knuckle
11-15-2011, 02:09 PM
There's nothing classic about a recharge dupe from live servers I thought it was suppose to be classic with some fixes to bugs and exploits.

Darwoth
11-15-2011, 02:10 PM
You're retarded

thats what i thought when rejecting your app, go weld some rusty i beams or something together you artist you.

Darwoth
11-15-2011, 02:11 PM
There's nothing classic about a recharge dupe from live servers I thought it was suppose to be classic with some fixes to bugs and exploits.

you could always recharge items during classic, not sure what you mean in regards to a dupe. if there is one that needs to be addressed.

Kringe
11-15-2011, 02:12 PM
True and I thought about this already.. I'd expect them to sell for 1/3 of what they do on Blue... Thing is they will still sell Dar, cause this isnt a item loot server.. Smaller guilds/solo's wont have any other choice than to purchase items... I just used Fbss as an example of course.. Manastones.. etc will go for much larger values.

Lets not bring in Planar gear (cryo webshields) numerous other high end droppables... It will be no where near what blue is I concur, but I'd gamble that 1/3 will be a safe bet.

Amuk
11-15-2011, 02:12 PM
What app huh?

Darwoth
11-15-2011, 02:22 PM
yeah manastones will sell for a lot, but that and maybe a half dozen other things will be the only items that hold their value imo and most of those things would be wisely held onto until later for trades instead of plat.

i would wager most of the high priced gear of the old days will be largely unsellable 2 months after most of the server hits 50.

Bazia
11-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Fuck Golem Wands being rechargeable, it devalues ENC by a shitload.

Let's just fuck ENC even harder because their illusions don't work correctly, MR based nukes are easy to resist, you can't charm players.

Just take it off the character selection screen lol.

(No I do not plan on rolling ENC, just doesn't seem fair)

Lovely
11-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah man poor Enchanters, that just leaves them with best haste in game, best MR buff in game, best mez in the game, best rune in the game, best mana buff in the game, best mana regen buff in the game, best dispell in the game, best str debuff in the game, best debuff in the game (tash 1 sec cast), best aoe stuns in the game, slows, root, fear, charm and lets not forget that they have a pet. I can probably go on.. POOR enchanters. I feel for them...............

Lazortag
11-15-2011, 03:54 PM
The only reason this discussion is happening is because (a) some people are completely illogical and can't answer the basic question of, "why don't you just wait to see if it's a problem before preemptively fixing it" (literally no one has answered this question after I've asked it several times already), and (b) some people know of an exploit whereby they can recharge items for free, so they want to take away the ability of honest players to recharge items entirely so that they can have a monopoly on item recharging. I can count the number of clicky items I'll actually care about recharging on one finger, so this doesn't impact me, but anyone saying this is going to completely destroy the server needs to have their head examined. This wasn't an issue on Live, it wasn't an issue on past pvp servers, it won't be an issue on red99. Stop trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

Lovely
11-15-2011, 04:01 PM
The only reason this discussion is happening is because (a) some people are completely illogical and can't answer the basic question of, "why don't you just wait to see if it's a problem before preemptively fixing it" (literally no one has answered this question after I've asked it several times already), and (b) some people know of an exploit whereby they can recharge items for free, so they want to take away the ability of honest players to recharge items entirely so that they can have a monopoly on item recharging. I can count the number of clicky items I'll actually care about recharging on one finger, so this doesn't impact me, but anyone saying this is going to completely destroy the server needs to have their head examined. This wasn't an issue on Live, it wasn't an issue on past pvp servers, it won't be an issue on red99. Stop trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

I applaud you! You win this topic.

It wouldn't surprise me if the KNOWN cheaters in this thread from certain guilds only vote against it so they can exploit recharge items to have full monopoly. I really hope the GM's monitor players closely on red99, especially all the known cheaters from TZ/VZ or whatever it's called which seems to be basically everyone that played on that server.

minakto
11-15-2011, 04:04 PM
didnt dev alter how Ivandyr hoop was being recharged for raids because it was causing a problem? Obviously blues dont give a shit about golem wand so yeah, that wont cause an issue on p99

Lovely
11-15-2011, 04:09 PM
didnt dev alter how Ivandyr hoop was being recharged for raids because it was causing a problem? Obviously blues dont give a shit about golem wand so yeah, that wont cause an issue on p99

Yes and if something else cause problems then they can fix that as well. Red99 hasn't even started yet and people wanna make changes of things that's never been an issue of 12 years of Everquest.

Kringe
11-15-2011, 04:13 PM

Trying to address the issue before hand for several reasons....

One, so we can nip it in the bud before it does get out of control, and theres 1million posts about SOANDSO Guild did it to win zone control 1000times, and finally we get a chance to do it and you NERF IT??? Bullshit...

Two, so it doesnt completely destroy the smaller groups whom dont fit into the larger scale of things... IE- Trying to keep a solid good population flowing instead of two giant guilds spamming clickies for zone control rights over/pof/poh/naggy.... Get the picture?

Truth
11-15-2011, 04:18 PM
golem wand was 150pp each to recharge in 2002

Lazortag
11-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Trying to address the issue before hand for several reasons....

One, so we can nip it in the bud before it does get out of control, and theres 1million posts about SOANDSO Guild did it to win zone control 1000times, and finally we get a chance to do it and you NERF IT??? Bullshit...

Two, so it doesnt completely destroy the smaller groups whom dont fit into the larger scale of things... IE- Trying to keep a solid good population flowing instead of two giant guilds spamming clickies for zone control rights over/pof/poh/naggy.... Get the picture?

(a) you need to prove that it actually causes these problems. The only way to prove this is through empirical evidence on a real classic server, not a fucking terrible server like VZTZ.

(b) the problem can never be "out of control". It can always be controlled; just nerf it like we did with Ivandyr's hoop on blue99. I don't see why that wouldn't work on red99.

Also, most of your post is kind of incoherent. I realize this is the norm with red players but if you want to get your point across, at least take a few English classes first. Just saying.

Kringe
11-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Sorry, I apologize I wasn't aware the grammar police, followed the forums... But let me elaborate for you.

A). The only "empirical evidence" you are going to get from a "Classic Server" is John Doe's feignt memory of what went down when he/she played.. There hasnt been a "True" Classic Server since the end of Velious/Beginning of Luclin..
So you can forget any incline of information being put forth about a "True Classic Server" providing you the information to fall back on that you seek.

B). "Out of control" is what happened on P99 Blue with Ivandyr's hoops, in which case they implemented a remedy of their own to resolve such. Had this been thought out ahead of time, this would have been addressed before hand, and there never would have been a thread concerning such.. EG - What we are attempting to accomplish here. Capesh?

C). Moreso we have a few experienced players who know the in's and out's per se of what will/can happen if this continues to go on. Those few players are just trying to remedy this solution before it is addressed 10 fold 3 or 4 months from now.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Lovely
11-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Kringe all you are doing is trying to have things your way in a non Classic manner. Also weren't you a cheater on the TZVZ server?

Kringe
11-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Kringe all you are doing is trying to have things your way in a non Classic manner. Also weren't you a cheater on the TZVZ server?

Lovely... My Dear... I am a strong proponent of farming said items... This does nothing but hurt me in everyway shape or form... I, unlike yourself (which wants to only think about the wizard class) am looking out for players whom will be continuously shit on by such recharging...

That is all.. Move along now.

P.S I am destroyer of worlds... Know this.

Smedy
11-15-2011, 04:56 PM

see my kringe aka dontbrag illustration here

http://if-guild.com/wp-content/gallery/uploads/dreamcircus.jpg

2 legit 2 quit

also fiegi's makes my face melt, he is a real bro dog

Lasher
11-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Real issue is making icecomet vox raid component only

Truth
11-15-2011, 04:58 PM
The difference is "back in the day" not everyone knew about all the crazy expendable clickies, much less about recharging them. So if we run into mass pvp and everyone is spamming pillage every battle it will be extremely lame. When even Kringe acknowledges its a problem something is up because he is notorious abuser of these kinds of things.

I don't really care cuz I am too lazy to farm items/plat to recharge every fight so will just call ppl n00bs if used on me.

Lasher
11-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Dude we talking about ice comet now

Truth
11-15-2011, 05:01 PM
dont ever ninja post on me

never ninja post on me

Smedy
i though ice commet was vox drop only? isn't that how it's suppose to be?

Lasher
Good point. Ninjas dont get ice comet

Lasher
11-15-2011, 05:02 PM
i though ice commet was vox drop only? isn't that how it's suppose to be?

True, way later they eventually add a quest to help out wiz, might be in kunark

chuck
11-15-2011, 05:02 PM
how is lovely gonna get ice comet if hes gonna be a lone gunman

Zalaerian
11-15-2011, 05:03 PM
I can't believe you waited this long to break that back out Smedy.

Lovely
11-15-2011, 05:05 PM
LOL

Lovely
11-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Kringe I'm pretty sure you'd rather use your exploits to recharge items then paying PP for them. I've heard that it's your guilds style.

Zalaerian
11-15-2011, 05:06 PM
P.S. Keep in recharging in if people are too ignorant to understand how dumb wand spam is. I will gladly spam kids buff less all day.

Kringe
11-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Kringe I'm pretty sure you'd rather use your exploits to recharge items then paying PP for them. I've heard that it's your guilds style.

Clearly because everyone and their mother wont try anything and everything to get me banned... I'd assume there would be a "close watch" on me if shit was reported continuously ... It would be idiotic of me to try said things after investing the leveling time of my character..

Move along.. Next rebuttal?

Silikten
11-15-2011, 05:09 PM

The good items are rare to get and some even class only. It doesn't take any skill away per se, all it does is allow for that one time to get someone.

Example: Friedchicken is running to zone plug but Smedy has a conflag wand. Boom, fried chicken....pun! That didnt take away anything from your skill as a wizard!

Lovely
11-15-2011, 05:12 PM
The good items are rare to get and some even class only. It doesn't take any skill away per se, all it does is allow for that one time to get someone.

Example: Friedchicken is running to zone plug but Smedy has a conflag wand. Boom, fried chicken....pun! That didnt take away anything from your skill as a wizard!

This is what I've said all along. You actually use clickers when people run like little bitches when they know they are going down. If you instantly strip someone of their buffs then they will most likely not fight you and just run away instantly. Rather have a fair fight and use them as a last act if they try to flee like little bitches.

Smedy
11-15-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm just worried considering the fact that we all know about the items before we start playing it's quickly going to become something you must have in order to compete in pvp.

I've said this before and i'll say it again, a big reason why these things worked on live was because 95% of the population didn't know about it.

Lasher
11-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Lovely getting cornered in the back court. Run out of room to dribble you start trying to call fouls that arent there.

Losers lose

Lovely
11-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Lovely getting cornered in the back court. Run out of room to dribble you start trying to call fouls that arent there.

Losers lose

I'm in a documentary where I play Basketball, if you're nice I might even let you see it in the future.

Lasher
11-15-2011, 05:17 PM
China basketball league footage is only entertaining to third world guilds

Cwall
11-15-2011, 05:19 PM
This is what I've said all along. You actually use clickers when people run like little bitches when they know they are going down. If you instantly strip someone of their buffs then they will most likely not fight you and just run away instantly. Rather have a fair fight and use them as a last act if they try to flee like little bitches.

remember when you first got those red wood wands on beta and the moment someone started dodging your ice comets by running out of range you resorted to burning out 3+ wands on them to make up for the damage?

yeah i remember that

i don't expect you to burn a golem wand on someone as they're running away, this makes no sense

Nune
11-15-2011, 05:19 PM
This seems one of those ask for Classic rules / server set-up and then ask for changes from Classic rules / server set-up things to me. If they are changed in any way (made ridiculously expensive to charge, rare drops, hard to obtain things in general) it would seem to me the only people who would have access to them / afford to use them would be big guilds (IF, Lolo, Spear of bluebie fags). I agree that wand spam is retarded and detrimental to the PvP integrity we all want, but adjusting the rules so that it becomes a 1337d|_|d3 only item gives me horrid flashbacks of TZVZ days.

Lovely
11-15-2011, 05:22 PM
remember when you first got those red wood wands on beta and the moment someone started dodging your ice comets by running out of range you resorted to burning out 3+ wands on them to make up for the damage?

yeah i remember that

i don't expect you to burn a golem wand on someone as they're running away, this makes no sense

No, I remember using them on cowards who ran like little bitches every time I stopped by. Or when people tried to zone to plug after I landed an Ice comet.

I only used them on people who spent their time running instead of fighting.

Smedy
11-15-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm in a documentary where I play Basketball, if you're nice I might even let you see it in the future.

Ohh *****, shit just got real, documentaries happened

Cwall
11-15-2011, 05:25 PM
No, I remember using them on cowards who ran like little bitches every time I stopped by. Or when people tried to zone to plug after I landed an Ice comet.

Only used to finish people who spent their time running instead of fighting.

i specifically remember you boasting in /ooc that you could kill somebody without casting a single spell, and then you showed up in innothule and after i ran out of range to avoid ice comet you burned out 3 wands on me

i think you mistake people running out of range of your iwin button as fleeing the fight

i haven't figured out if it's out of stupidity or if it's to try and fuel your ego even more

mite b both

Lasher
11-15-2011, 05:26 PM
just got /threaded

Silikten
11-15-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm just worried considering the fact that we all know about the items before we start playing it's quickly going to become something you must have in order to compete in pvp.

I've said this before and i'll say it again, a big reason why these things worked on live was because 95% of the population didn't know about it.

Same thing as being level 45 vs level 50. It is obvious you need 50 to compete with 50s, right? Well, if you need to get a golem wand to compete (your awful first off) then get it. It keeps the game evolving since you constantly need to replenish your bag of goodies. Plus, it keeps the spawns competitive.

Smedy
11-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Same thing as being level 45 vs level 50. It is obvious you need 50 to compete with 50s, right? Well, if you need to get a golem wand to compete (your awful first off) then get it. It keeps the game evolving since you constantly need to replenish your bag of goodies. Plus, it keeps the spawns competitive.

How does it keep the spawns competitive if you only need 2 golem wands and then you never ever have to camp them again dog?

I am for camping the items, but the fact that you can perma recharge something for a weak price is retarded and un-competitive.

Vile
11-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Make them expendable and we all win. If you wanna wand people go camp it. The end.

Kringe
11-15-2011, 05:32 PM
How does it keep the spawns competitive if you only need 2 golem wands and then you never ever have to camp them again dog?

I am for camping the items, but the fact that you can perma recharge something for a weak price is retarded and un-competitive.

I dont think Silikten knows that golem wands, aren't lore here...

Lovely
11-15-2011, 05:36 PM

Bazia
11-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Real issue is making icecomet vox raid component only

Crazerous
11-16-2011, 06:41 AM
I bet you haven't heard much about this wand. This is partially because it's ultra rare, and also because no one wants others to know about it. You are extremely luck if you have one. But the power comes from having 2. I waited a half a year to find my 2nd wand. It will do about 300hp damage when you use all 5 casts. The casts are instantaneous, so you can cast all 5 instantly, basically giving you unbelievable power at lower to mid levels. It is NON lore. Sell your fully charged one to a vendor who has an empty vendor slot, then sell your uncharged one, and buy them both back fully recharged, at 8pp each! This wand rock. Pure power. It's gotta be one of the most powerful weapons out there for PVP servers
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2353

Rofl that sounds like something lovely would do....sitting at lvl 20 spamming those..then farming for hours and recharging constantly......this kid NONstop spams instant clicks and wizard spells...such a faggot

Crazerous
11-16-2011, 06:42 AM
err.. nonstop spams the forums on instant clicks and wizard spells*

Lovely
11-16-2011, 07:40 AM
You got me Craz......

Welcome to 1 month ago

Cwall
11-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Rofl that sounds like something lovely would do....sitting at lvl 20 spamming those

he was at 50 on beta when he used those for "chasing people down when they run"(not actually how he used them)

been talked about to death though, it won't be viable at high level now that resists are being worked on, but at low levels it's retarded if you can recharge them after killing 5 bandits in the zone you got them in

Palemoon
11-16-2011, 09:31 AM
In the interest of item sinks/decay i'd be fore the end of recharging. At least its some small way for items to leave the economy.

Cymbal
11-16-2011, 09:44 AM
I like what Kringe said as in

I have also been on here nonstop trying to help the weaker classes (the ones im probably going to play, i wont lie) when ever I can.

Golem wands are pretty game breaking heh, and really hurts the enchanter as a class.

but all in all, i think this issue can be address later, and is not a big deal atm. spell damage is a much bigger issue, being too OP for some classes and non existant for others.

Rushmore
11-16-2011, 10:50 AM

Do this before Friday...or we will have to wipe in 3months.

Envious
11-16-2011, 11:28 AM
took me a hour and a half to get 3 fbss's...

R99 so different than P99 then.

Rushmore
11-16-2011, 12:08 PM
stuff drops that easy on Project 99?

Titanuk
11-16-2011, 01:32 PM

I just hate to see pvp being all about farming cash, the bluebies will wreck some naggers on here

Greenkrak
11-16-2011, 03:06 PM
3 fbss in 1hr and a half is suppper fucking rare.

i could be wrong but in beta it seemed like shit dropped alot more often.

If p99 and r99 drop rates are the same then FBSS is a pretty rare drop/ having known people to spend 24hrs at frenzy with no luck.

But also have seen 2 drop in the matter of 3 hrs.

3 FBSS in 1hr and 30min is either just super fuckin lucky or the drop rates on beta are increased due to the fact that its beta.

Lovely
11-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Pretty sure a certain someone is exaggerating a bit. All drop rates should be exactly the same as Blue99

Smedy
11-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Pretty sure a certain someone is exaggerating a bit. All drop rates should be exactly the same as Blue99

Yeah im certainly hoping so, if someone (on staff) got trolled by some fag and for some reason bumped drop rates (reversed searyx'd) it's gonna fuck up the server.

Don't change anything when it comes to PVE imo, that shit has been tested for over a year on p99 blue and is solid.

I highly doubt anyone has touched the drop rates though, it would be a stupid thing to do.

nilbog
11-16-2011, 03:19 PM
The drop rates are the same. The db .. is essentially the same.

The only difference is certain items will drop on r99 that do not drop on p99 anymore. i.e. Guise of the Deceiver. Guise will drop until removed, at which time it will be replaced by Mask of Deception. The % of drop still does not change.

Darwoth
11-16-2011, 03:37 PM
is the oaken scimitar in?

Smedy
11-16-2011, 03:39 PM
The drop rates are the same. The db .. is essentially the same.

awesome

Wonton
11-16-2011, 03:42 PM
forgot to add, some folks say there is a bug to recharge everything for free. these same people are in guilds that have the most vocal supporters of removing charging or making the cost ridiculous, which if followed would remove charging for the entire server but for the handful that know whatever the sploit is.

pretty sick conspiracies theories darworth

Lazortag
11-16-2011, 04:05 PM
pretty sick conspiracies theories darworth

Dude, it's not a conspiracy theory. The last thread there was about this had Smedy, Cozmonaut and some others saying that there was such a bug. Notice how they are peculiarly silent about it now that they've been called on exploiting it.

XiakenjaTZ
11-16-2011, 05:23 PM
I think I read something about quest mobs that would hand back an item they did not want. If you gave them a depleted item the version you get back would be charged.

No clue if this is true but thats the post I read and probably the same one you are thinking of.

Authority
11-16-2011, 06:41 PM
It depends which conspiracy theory you believe: men in caves penetrated all levels of US defense security, made NORAD stand down, and blew up building 7 using military grade nano-thermite along with the easter bunny; or rogue elements of the shadow government that gave Al-CIA-Duh $6.5 billion from 1989 to 1992 helped aid them.

please, don't fuck around with 9/11 conspiracy theory shit. it's still very real to a lot of us that work/live/lost loved ones in that tragedy.

Pudge
11-16-2011, 06:58 PM
sorry but if you ever watch building 7 go down.. there is no doubt it was taken out with explosives. watch some demolition videos and compare.. they look exactly the same.

building 7 was burning on one corner/side.. doesn't look too bad...then all of a sudden the entire thing collapses neatly into itself?

XiakenjaTZ
11-16-2011, 07:34 PM
looks like a stress fracture along a vertical structural support.

My money is on the lizard people.

Rushmore
11-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Let's have a political conversation

dogbarf
11-16-2011, 08:57 PM
This won't be a problem at launch but will be 6 months down the road.

People on blue have shitloads of platinum. 600pp to completely gimp half of the classes in the game and remove buffs from pvp? No thanks.

Conflag, Golem, and redwood wands need to cost x5 what they currently do be left in.

To the people who want these left in with no change. THIS ISNT 2001, you might camp them first and score a few extra kills get some good shitalk in etc, but in a few months everyone will be using these if they are left as is and it will make pvp garbage.

Amuk
11-16-2011, 10:12 PM
I was told that the way the towers were designed was to have an indestructable frame, and that each floor were hanging within said frame. The way they were forced to collapse was by heating the welds on the top suspended floor to the point of melting, with the jet fuel on fire. Once the first suspended floor fell it overloaded the second then the third etc.

I don't have any proof of any of this, just an engineer friends explanation - and haven't cared much to follow up on it. But by this explanation it would make sense by how it collapsed, and that there wouldn't need to be a lot of damage to force it - just high temperature on the top floor.

Peppers
11-16-2011, 11:38 PM
and it will make pvp garbage.

Combobreaker
11-16-2011, 11:40 PM
I know a good channel if you're wanting to know about some "conspiracies".

e/

http://www.youtube.com/user/kevin604bc

kevins got some neat shit. dont indulge in it, if you study and learn about it, youll understand and be ready.

Darwoth
11-16-2011, 11:46 PM
anyone that thinks the world trade center was some conspiratorial plot is a retard, there were a lot of other excuses to invade the litterbox and if there werent there are a lot easier ways to conduct a false flag op than to hijack a bunch of fucking planes and plow them into the hub of your economy.

Truth
11-16-2011, 11:47 PM
911 was an inside joke.

Welcome to 2003.

Moving on...

Authority
11-16-2011, 11:48 PM
I was told that the way the towers were designed was to have an indestructable frame, and that each floor were hanging within said frame. The way they were forced to collapse was by heating the welds on the top suspended floor to the point of melting, with the jet fuel on fire. Once the first suspended floor fell it overloaded the second then the third etc.

I don't have any proof of any of this, just an engineer friends explanation - and haven't cared much to follow up on it. But by this explanation it would make sense by how it collapsed, and that there wouldn't need to be a lot of damage to force it - just high temperature on the top floor.

Just so you know, all the bullshit about temperatures and that is, well, bullshit. I'm a fireman. In NYC. fires here regularly get over 2000 degrees, and that's just couches and shit burning. Steel loses something like 40-60% of it's strength at 1000 degrees, as well as expanding a great deal. Those two factors alone, are what caused the towers to come down.

I will not comment on this anymore, 343 men from my job gave their lives that day. For me, that's enough.

Rexxin
11-17-2011, 02:00 AM
This won't be a problem at launch but will be 6 months down the road.

To the people who want these left in with no change. THIS ISNT 2001, you might camp them first and score a few extra kills get some good shitalk in etc, but in a few months everyone will be using these if they are left as is and it will make pvp garbage.

Lazortag
11-17-2011, 02:12 AM
sorry but if you ever watch building 7 go down.. there is no doubt it was taken out with explosives. watch some demolition videos and compare.. they look exactly the same.

building 7 was burning on one corner/side.. doesn't look too bad...then all of a sudden the entire thing collapses neatly into itself?

Why is it that when someone hears about a conspiracy theory they don't immediately google it to see if it's bullshit or not? There are probably tens of thousands of websites that provide rebuttals to virtually every single 9/11 conspiracy theory, with not one single peer-reviewed journal that supports said conspiracy theories, and yet people still believe in this horse shit.

Truth
11-17-2011, 02:14 AM
Yea I agree with Giegue tens of thousands of websites do refute the official conspiracy theory

Lazortag
11-17-2011, 02:17 AM
Yea I agree with Giegue tens of thousands of websites do refute the official conspiracy theory

My point isn't that all of those websites are authoritative, but that when people are confronted with an extraordinary claim, for some reason their initial reaction is to believe it instead of searching for alternative views. So far I'd say the evidence is overwhelming that there was no 9/11 conspiracy theory. The fact that only simpletons like Wehrmacht believe in these conspiracies is really enough proof for me.

Pudge
11-17-2011, 02:28 AM
just look at the videos man. if it's not a conspiracy, it's a lie. that building did not fall due to "structural damage caused by a fire"

edit: o i see the Truth's videos have been deleted from this thread. it is obvious guineapig is under the influence of the conspirators

Lovely
11-17-2011, 02:38 AM
My point isn't that all of those websites are authoritative, but that when people are confronted with an extraordinary claim, for some reason their initial reaction is to believe it instead of searching for alternative views. So far I'd say the evidence is overwhelming that there was no 9/11 conspiracy theory. The fact that only simpletons like Wehrmacht believe in these conspiracies is really enough proof for me.

That's exactly how America works. A few hundred million dumb people who need someone smarter, wiser to represent them. Almost every American are subjective to things like nationalism, religion and other retarded cheer leading effects. They also can't help it since they are dumb, they grew up around dumb people and they go to work with dumb people. The American goverment is so greedy that they send hundreds of thousands soldiers to die into wars just to make money $$$. Give any random guy a microphone and yell "God bless America" and wave an American flag and you'll get every dumb redneck with you within a minute.

If the American government had solid reasons to go to war then they would share it to the public instead of keeping everything a secret. Trust me there is no threat out there for America beside a few even dumber cave people. The only ones killing Americans the Americans themselves.

Truth
11-17-2011, 02:40 AM
^ stupid swed go eat meatbull and criticize American wars that your country sends NATO/PfP troops to

Lemons
11-17-2011, 02:40 AM
clicked hoping to find lovely talking about recharging clickys, left suprised but happy. would read again.

Aenor
11-17-2011, 05:04 AM
Where were the jets from Andrews AFB?

war_party
11-18-2011, 02:27 PM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2353

red wood wand

12p recharge... spammable x5 75dmg aoe

decent for low/mid pvp. seems to be dropping 100% from the level 17 npc on blue server

billyinorganic
11-18-2011, 02:33 PM

your body ready brah?

jews here bro... careful.

juicedsixfo
11-18-2011, 02:35 PM
just look at the videos man. if it's not a conspiracy, it's a lie. that building did not fall due to "structural damage caused by a fire"

You're right man, I heard George Bush was even flying the plane himself and ejected at the last minute so that he could teleport back to that school to read to children! 9/11 = U.S. Black OPs Conspiracy!!

Crenshinabon
11-18-2011, 02:46 PM
So with Redwand, can you literally just spam it 5 times within a few seconds to deal a good little chunk of damage? Thats pretty broken. I would not mind so much if I knew they could not recharge it or if it cost more. But 12plat, thats insanely low.

keto
11-23-2011, 05:39 PM
So with Redwand, can you literally just spam it 5 times within a few seconds to deal a good little chunk of damage? Thats pretty broken. I would not mind so much if I knew they could not recharge it or if it cost more. But 12plat, thats insanely low.

100% verified.

Amuk
11-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Meh proven 100% that Lovely doesn't give a fuck about the server, and is just a basement dweller who wants to troll for an edge, what a faggot.

Bazooka
11-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Confirmed Swedish soldiers came to my unit for me to lecture them (As an E-4) less then a week ago about how to do their job better.

Swedes confirmed friendly but horrible at war.