PDA

View Full Version : Cure Disease should remove plague

gloinz
11-14-2011, 08:39 PM
since we are going the balance route and not the classic route, I believe cure disease should remove plague after 2 or 3 casts (depending on either chance or whatever you think) rather then the current 9 casts

while paladins usually stand a fair chance vs any class, as it stands us noble paladins are gonna get our shit pushed in by semi competent shamans bc we can do nothing when we are plagued. casting insidious malady and then plague makes it so you would have to cure disease (the only disease cure available to paladins until lvl 55~) 18 times to get rid of plague
shamans are already mega powerful and im sure this change wouldnt make shamans suck or anything, just give us noble pallys a chance

Asystole the necro dot might be having the same problem, though i have not confirmed

Crenshinabon
11-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Considering Plague is lower damage, higher mana cost, this is like the best thing about the spell is it tougher to get rid of. I am gonna have to say no on this one personally.

Bazia
11-14-2011, 08:42 PM
SHM OP

Truth
11-14-2011, 08:45 PM
9 casts is a bit excessive. even 2-3 is not easy to get off sometimes in the heat of things.

but if its the classic counters we cant touch it now can we

dogbarf
11-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Shield of the immaculate.

Null
11-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Use a condom and this wont happen naez.

gloinz
11-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Shield of the immaculate.

by the time you channel 9 cure diseases dog dog will have ripped your leg off and the shaman would have put ebolt, venom of the snake, and plague back on for good measure

Smedy
11-14-2011, 08:51 PM
cure is viable in pvp

Truth
11-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Use a condom and this wont happen naez.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/197/179/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png?1320780305

dogbarf
11-14-2011, 09:01 PM
by the time you channel 9 cure diseases dog dog will have ripped your leg off and the shaman would have put ebolt, venom of the snake, and plague back on for good measure

Hrmm the version i saw linked in ooc during beta was instant cast. Anyone confirm/deny?

tsaC
11-14-2011, 09:03 PM
appreciate if u cast it on me every fight so i dont have 2 use crim pots thanks

Kain
11-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Confirmed instant cast.

I'd like to add that it only has a chance to drop off of Innoruuk on a weekly basis. So I'm guessing it won't be the average player who even has it.

The fact that it is droppable might even make it harder to get. I imagine a guild having Innoruuk on monopoly and trying to sell it for insane profit.

tsaC
11-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Confirmed instant cast.

I'd like to add that it only has a chance to drop off of Innoruuk on a weekly basis. So I'm guessing it won't be the average player who even has it.

The fact that it is droppable might even make it harder to get. I imagine a guild having Innoruuk on monopoly and trying to sell it for insane profit.

notsureifsrs.jpg

stonetz
11-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Hrmm the version i saw linked in ooc during beta was instant cast. Anyone confirm/deny?

Shield: I thought it was always instant cast and still is on live?

Plague: Leave it classic

dogbarf
11-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Nah definetly got nerfed at some point on live to 1 second cast.

stonetz
11-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Nah definetly got nerfed at some point on live to 1 second cast.

Is there pre nerf and a nerfed or all became 1sec?

tsaC
11-14-2011, 09:21 PM
[x] lets complain and argue about shit that will never affect us in game, not even once
[ ] lets not

glad u morans picked the right 1

dogbarf
11-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Pretty sure they all got nerfed. They werent nodrop and I never saw an instant cast one for sale. Even at 1 second cast they are useful to remove crimsons.

Castle
11-15-2011, 06:43 AM
Though I enjoy the sporadic humor of the OP, I have to call out his stupidity here...

Cure disease wasn't intended to be an efficient counter to Plague. A low level cure spell for a high level DoT?

It's like a ranger complaining Healing doesn't heal enough when a wizard IC's him... You would need to cast your low level cure a lot or have a priest cast Abolish Disease on you.

It's just like if a wiz ICs you, you will need a bigger heal from a priest to restore your HP, or you can cast your weaker heal multiple multiple times. It's the exchange between being a hybrid vs a pure caster.

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-15-2011, 07:19 AM
It only took 1 cure poison cast to remove venom of the snake on VZTZ I'm pretty sure. Dunno why it would be 9 casts to remove plague which is basically the same difference.

Castle
11-15-2011, 07:47 AM
1) VZTZ was whack, jack. Cure Dis/Poisshould ta

2) VoS is the 2nd to last poison DoT in vanilla. Plague is last dis dot in vanilla. You'd need to equate Ebolt to Plague, not VoS.

3) It's 6.1 sec cast time. Cure Disease is 2 sec.

4) Deal with it. If you can easily cure pois/dis, DoT classes become useless in PvP because DD being instant is so much better.

It wasn't classic then, and it doesn't make sense to change it now. Get Abolish Poison/Disease.

Smedy
11-15-2011, 08:49 AM
Voted no btw, sorry gloinz, but NOT CLASSIC

give the silly shamans a shot you silly paladin

gnomishfirework
11-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Can we balance everything to make enchanters have an advantage against every class? I plan to play an enchanter, not a paladin.

I will be playing a shaman second, maybe, so keep plague in as is. I want shamans to have advantages versus every class as well, but only when I start mine.

Thanks.

Darwoth
11-15-2011, 09:33 AM
not sure if it was unintentional or if not when it was changed but during velious it only took one cast of lowbie cure to remove plague/ebolt, i never used the counteract line and bought the cheaper shaman pots because of that.

Krypt
11-15-2011, 09:47 AM
It cures pretty quickly for me.

valithteezee
11-15-2011, 10:25 AM
suck it up whiners.

Lovely
11-15-2011, 10:28 AM
I don't wanna make a new thread about this

Does anyone know if Jboots are common, rare, UBER rare from Drelzna?

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/xa967218.jpg

minakto
11-15-2011, 10:30 AM
thought shamans cant stack ebolt and venom on this server. Also try using counteract line.

Low lvl cure vs a high lvl dot should be hard to cure

minakto
11-15-2011, 10:34 AM
not sure if it was unintentional or if not when it was changed but during velious it only took one cast of lowbie cure to remove plague/ebolt, i never used the counteract line and bought the cheaper shaman pots because of that.

talking about like Etherias Poison Antidote? if those that casts counteract

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-15-2011, 10:41 AM
So low level cure spells did 4 levels on VZTZ and only 1 level of cure on here?

If it takes 10 casts of cure poison to remove ebolt, yet only 1 cast of dispel to remove druid dots, that doesn't sound very balanced considering Null made shaman dots land just as easy as druid ones do.

Those shaman dots would fully resist a lot against even a tiny amount of DR/PR on EQ live. When I was in Dreadlands on Sullon Zek, a shaman only 2 levels lower than me had his plague fully resist probably 50+% of the time against my miniscule 50DR or so.

EQ live had druids and shamans as both having pluses and minuses to their dots, there wasn't some enormous power advantage maintained by shaman. Something needs to be changed so shaman dots aren't superior in every way since it's pretty much never been like that on EQ live.

Castle
11-15-2011, 10:42 AM
He's correct, even then I think it takes 2 clicks of Etheria's, don't know if it was 2 sec cast in classic, but that's what it is now.. I see a nerf in sight.

Their dots arent stacking correctly here, but that will be changed because they did in classic.

valithteezee
11-15-2011, 10:45 AM
considering Null made shaman dots land just as easy as druid ones do.

Not true bro, ever try casting EBOLT on a DMF necro? Get's resisted pretty often. Druid line is pretty sure to stick.

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-15-2011, 10:45 AM
If it actually was classic, dots didn't even give you a feedback report of doing damage. You just cast them then go "I wonder what that spell did".

gloinz
11-15-2011, 10:57 AM
He's correct, even then I think it takes 2 clicks of Etheria's, don't know if it was 2 sec cast in classic, but that's what it is now.. I see a nerf in sight.

Their dots arent stacking correctly here, but that will be changed because they did in classic.

gotta get me some of this magic juice

Nirgon
11-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Like most people will actually try to dispel or cure here anyway. Classic implementations pls.

Knuckle
11-15-2011, 02:12 PM
It only took 1 cure poison cast to remove venom of the snake on VZTZ I'm pretty sure. Dunno why it would be 9 casts to remove plague which is basically the same difference.

because you didnt update your spellfile.

Nirgon
11-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Yerp you could still log into VZTZ without an updated spell file. Not so much the case here!

gloinz
11-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Like most people will actually try to dispel or cure here anyway. Classic implementations pls.

ya which is why this change should be made us pvp champs use this and ppl are like woah howd he do that

Palemoon
11-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Yerp you could still log into VZTZ without an updated spell file. Not so much the case here!

lol what a joke, why did people bother playing there? So glad I skipped it/it was too lame to even hear about on the internet therefore I did not know it existed.