PDA

View Full Version : working out / nutrition / supplements

Awwalike
11-13-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm 6' 2'' and weight 180lbs. looking to break into the 185-190 region while maintaining a very cut look.

if you have any routines, nutrition advice, and supplement suggestions I would love to hear about them.

post in here or PM me.

:)

Truth
11-13-2011, 09:40 PM
lightweight buddy!

http://jojonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Ronnie-Coleman2.jpg

SlankyLanky
11-13-2011, 09:43 PM
steel reserve, and a budget that guarantees you maybe one meal a day.

Harrison
11-13-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm 6' 2'' and weight 180lbs. looking to break into the 185-190 region while maintaining a very cut look.

if you have any routines, nutrition advice, and supplement suggestions I would love to hear about them.

post in here or PM me.

:)

www.google.com

Awwalike
11-13-2011, 10:10 PM
www.google.com

wow I thought that link was going to be a virus but I ended up checking it out, damn what a cool website the guy who made it must be really rich.

lululalana
11-14-2011, 04:32 AM
supplements = expensive pee

Truth
11-14-2011, 05:50 AM
wow I thought that link was going to be a virus but I ended up checking it out, damn what a cool website the guy who made it must be really rich.

You might like this 1 too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HGH

Csihar
11-14-2011, 06:22 AM
Probably best if you first get the best diet you can get and try to reach your goal before reaching to supplements.

Ektar
11-14-2011, 07:29 AM
without supplements~

eat lots of protein, and try to do so right after working out. Basically, structure your meals to be after some sort of physical activity (wake up and run in the morning, eat breakfast; do a workout for a muscle group or two, eat lunch; workout related body parts, eat dinner). The sooner the better; if you can have it premade and ready to go immediately, that's fantastic.

it's also better to eat like 5 meals a day but idk I don't have that kind of willpower where I can eat so little as to constitute 5 meals a day.

Workouts should be light weight, high reps to stay slim and build physique. If you're going to a gym then do nothing under 10 reps, and without a gym you may even be better off. Pushups of many kinds and you can do so, so much with just a pair of dumbells.

and uh, this isn't a specific thing but just incase, never workout the same muscle two days in a row - it needs at leeeast 1 day between to recover.

oh, google.com. I'm an asshole.

skorge
11-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Well im 5'9 195 lbs myself...hardly no body fat at all. I've been working out consistently for over six years now. When I started I only weighed 125-130 lbs.

If you only want to gain 5-10 lbs of solid muscle I would recommend doing this:

-increasing your protein to about 100 grams a day (you will not be doing heavy lifting so you will not need more than 100 grams)
-eat protein bars, walmart has some $7 for a pack of 6 (20 grams)
-whey protein powder ($15 for a tub at walmart also)
-eat healthier snacks that add protein (yogurt, jerkey, peanuts, etc)
-do bodyweight workouts
-push-ups
-sit-ups
-pull-ups
-light weights
-jog/run

This should gain you 5-10 lbs of muscle in a few months and keep you tone/cut.

If you want to gain more muscle you need to lift heavy. The golden rule is 5 sets of 5 at about 75% max.

pickled_heretic
11-14-2011, 02:40 PM
protein is beyond retarded for MASS GAIN, it is very inefficient and difficult for your body to break it down and utilize it as energy.

instead, eat a normal amount of protein, with lots of carbs, and work out a shitload.

dcapotos
11-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Raw eggs (organic free range is a must) + quality whey protein + coconut. Avoid sugar like the plague. If you have a similar body type as me, you will work out real hard and be sore for like a week. I'm fairly certain it's genetics, some body type are prone to building muscle easy. Other people will only be sore for a day or two at best. It sucks. I think Bruce Lee has this body type for example.

pickled_heretic
11-14-2011, 03:19 PM
if you're sore for a week after working out it's because you're not working out enough. work out for 3 days in a row exercising the same muscle group and you will not get sore again unless you stop working out entirely for a considerable length of time.

dcapotos
11-14-2011, 04:18 PM
if you're sore for a week after working out it's because you're not working out enough. work out for 3 days in a row exercising the same muscle group and you will not get sore again unless you stop working out entirely for a considerable length of time.

I've worked out regularly off and on and this doesn't help. Also, it's hard to work out really sore muscles a second day, I think you aren't supposed to anyway. It's been like this for me since high school.

Ektar
11-14-2011, 07:35 PM
never, ever work out the same muscle two days in a row.

Your muscles will be less sore as you do the same workout routine for a while. Your problem is "off and on." So if you start working out and suck it up for a week or so and stick to the routine, you will find yourself not being sore after your workouts (unless you go really hard for a day or something)

Kope
11-14-2011, 07:37 PM
I figured I should share my dad's words of wisdom when it comes to supplements:

You body is very good at getting rid of excess nutrients it doesn't need, and it gets quite used to doing this if the excess nutrients are consumed over and over. This is one problem with the current supplement bandwagon: When people stop taking supplements they've been taking for a while their body keeps getting rid of (what now used to be excess nutrients). They then become malnourished, or at least need more of the specific vitamins they used to have an excess of.

Just a word of warning. Be careful of what you put into you body, even a lot of a good thing over time is bad.

Bazia
11-14-2011, 08:06 PM
never, ever work out the same muscle two days in a row.

Your muscles will be less sore as you do the same workout routine for a while. Your problem is "off and on." So if you start working out and suck it up for a week or so and stick to the routine, you will find yourself not being sore after your workouts (unless you go really hard for a day or something)

Good advice, you'll always be sore at first until your body gets used to the high intensity exercise.

SearyxTZ
11-14-2011, 11:09 PM
I was pretty hardcore into bodybuilding around 2007'ish.

For bulking: you have to eat a lot. I was 180 and 6"4, went up to 220. My metabolism burns through shit, which made it especially tough. I was taking in over 5000 calories a day for a while.

You can do meal replacement shakes and stuff like that if you want (they're pretty dense). I had a lot of peanut butter / nuts in my diet, and of course a ton of protein (like 250g a day). Split your meals up, spread them out. Do not gorge on 1500 calories at once or you will just end up getting fat. Bulking and cutting is not easy on your body, so know that you are making a long-term commitment here. It's work.

If you are lifting heavy in your workout, do simple carbs (dextrose, grape juice, whatever) both before and after the workout. You probably already know that. And of course do protein after your workout as well. The reason some nutritionists actually recommend chocolate milk as a good post-workout drink is because it combines both.

For supplements, don't get too crazy or get yourself ripped off by GNC bullshit. Fish oil is #1 -- get this stuff and take it every day. Take at least two. BCAA powder is good to have. Protein - however you want to get it. Avoid soy protein. Whey is good and fast-acting. Casein is good too (works slower).

I did ECA stacking for a while (ephedra, caffeine, aspirin) and I just can't recommend that in good faith. It gives you energy but it's incredibly bad for you. I would stick to maybe aspirin and natural sources of caffeine like green tea, and for bulking it's counterproductive anyway since your appetite will go down.

Don't use Nitric-Oxide. Stay away from prohormones and steroids.

Creatine is ok but know that it is only putting water weight on you, and you will have to drink a ton of water while you're using it.