PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Cure disease doesn't remove plague/insidious malady

gloinz
11-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Cure disease should remove plague/insidious malady after 2 casts i think, currently you have to cast it like 9 times

Palemoon
11-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Plauge puts 9 disease counters on you, so yes, you have to cast cure disease 9 times.

gloinz
11-13-2011, 07:44 PM
guess ur right for the classic sense

for the balanced sense we are taking for resists/pvp i think it should be 2-3 since
as a holy paladin who is supposed to cure diseases and be the bane of shamans everywhere having to cast cure disease 18 times to remove plague (if they cast insidious malady first) doesn't seem very possible

and it was later boosted to have a 4 disease counter removal

Palemoon
11-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Level up then if you want to remove a level 49 spell in two casts, with counteract disease. In your mid 50's you will be a plauge cureing fool, look out evil shaman.

But no, you should not wipe out a level 49 disease with a level 1 spell (for shaman) in two casts.

edit: and when was it boosted to remove four counters? Had to have been sometime after Planes of Power. not classic.

Nirgon
11-14-2011, 04:05 PM
I feel like with things like ignite blood or ebolt, if you spammed the lowest available cure/dispel it wouldn't come off no matter how many times you casted. Maybe someone remembers the same.

Kain
11-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Well if this is the case then paladins can't cure disease or poison cast from shamans for a long time.

gloinz
11-14-2011, 08:31 PM
I feel like with things like ignite blood or ebolt, if you spammed the lowest available cure/dispel it wouldn't come off no matter how many times you casted. Maybe someone remembers the same.

your right on cancel magic not getting rid of the big man dots, gotta nulify that shit

gloinz
11-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Well if this is the case then paladins can't cure disease or poison cast from shamans for a long time.

ya its a sad day brosky shamans gunna b the one class big gloinz doesnt have a chance against (though it was tough enough when you could actually cure plague)

Palemoon
11-14-2011, 09:45 PM

What do you mean?

Paladins gets cure disease at level 15.

lvl 15 paladin vs. lvl 15 Shaman... go fight!:

Shaman casts his best Disease dot on the Paladin, Sicken.

Paladin cures Sicken with ONE cast of his cure disease.

Shaman runs to the boards and crys nerf.

40 levels later, the Paladin wants to use his same little cure disease to do the same things vs. the Shaman in his 50s? lol no, use Counter Act diesease, thats what its for.