PDA

View Full Version : Walls / Trees

Sarkhan
11-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Hello all,

Quick question here -> managing to crawl your way into a wall / tree seems like an obvious exploit. I'm curious to know how, if at all, players will be dealt with when (because you know some will) wedge themselves into places that they shouldn't be in. (mom jokes aside)

Whether they are stuck or not, should players be able to use it to their advantage? I remember certain zones being exploitable like this -> for example only, Dulak (LoY) was one that you could run up a wall and fall behind and then run around a good part of zone (near zone in) and watch from behind the wall as people zoned in. You could cast on them but i don't believe they could cast on you...

Also, would the situation change how severe they should be punished? Like if they can get in a wall (like dulak) that they can cast on you and you can't cast on them.. what about if they are in a wall where they CAN"T cast on you, but still can watch / hide from you?

Truth
11-13-2011, 07:00 PM
if its in da game its in da game

hard to draw a line. I remember maggets crying about me binding on top of freeport walls or getting on top of karnors castle in dreadlands.

Sarkhan
11-13-2011, 07:08 PM
I think using levitate or other ways to get on top of walls is a little different than hiding inside of a wall... I remember people using levitate to get on top of the roof of structures in OT (and anywhere basically) and rain down death upon melee...

But what about hiding inside of walls or hiding inside of a tree? Granted I think in trees you can still be attacked, should it be allowed then if you're attackable or should trees/walls be disallowed altogether?

Lasher
11-13-2011, 07:09 PM
We lost vietnam war because geneva convention didnt hire enough GMs to monitor charlie hiding in shit holes and trees

Lemons
11-13-2011, 07:45 PM
We lost vietnam war because geneva convention didnt hire enough GMs to monitor charlie hiding in shit holes and trees

haha!

Maelzai
11-13-2011, 08:43 PM
my feeling on this and its kinda doulbe edged, is. If one person can get there without hacks, any other character can as well, its knowledge of game. If its a caster stuck in a small spawce casting on ppl. Send a melee that knows how to use the 'exploit' and you win. Just play smart.

Its just like levi'ing ontop of walls in MM and being able to rape any melee, or caster with los easily until they levi'd up there with you.

On live ppl used AON bug to get them higher and higher with levi cause the skelly illusion stood taller or something than regular illusion. You could get ontop of walls you had to click aon for 5 min to get high enough for and own pvp and it was considereed legit. Pets + knowing the game.