PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate PvP Game - No BS

Humerox
11-13-2011, 01:19 AM
Found this interesting little MMO called Haven and Hearth (http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/). It's been out a couple years and I'd never seen it. It's complex as hell, and any of you real red players should check it out. If anybody is interested in starting a village, let me know. Play a week or two first to get the hang of it. Highest I've seen online so far is about 1k.

Cons:

Point and click. Irritating but you get used to it.
World can reset at any time...it's considered alpha but is complete in playability.
2D with sprites. This game ain't for the graphics. (compareable to Shadowbane)
Server can be down for long periods when it crashes.
Gameplay at first is mundane and boring as hell.

Pros:

Skill-based combat, not just button mashing.
Lots of Russians to kill.
Hack protection.
Java-based, so no downloads.
World was just reset October 24th.
Everything in the game is made by players.
Completely skill-based.
Permanent death. (A pro for us deep reds.)
Can track and kill other players if they've stolen or vandalized, and can kill any player - unless they kill you first, lol.
Grief to your heart's content. There are bands of raiders that village together and go off raiding.

This game ain't for pansies. I'm not promoting this to take away from EQ...it's fun to play when there ain't shinola going on.

Raiders storming village. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNxbAMnL6Mc) (NSFW - Swearing, lol)

They were using Ender's game client (http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14575&hilit=modified+by+ender) to hide the trees and stuff, which show as red squares in the video. I'm guessing they had other stuff hidden too, which is why the town looks so bare. Or the town was built by scrubs. If you want to play, and not die 50 times in the first 2 days to boars and bears, grab that client.

Diggles
11-13-2011, 01:35 AM
global agenda #1 pvp mmo

mrgoochio
11-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Looked at this a few months ago but never started.. How long have you been playing and are you playing with anybody else?

Humerox
11-13-2011, 07:12 AM
Just started myself. Have a cabin up, planted a few starter crops, tanning rabbit hides to make a sling, lol. Doing the hermit thing atm...not trusting anyone I don't know.

Good time to start, really...with the reset and all.

Lovely
11-13-2011, 07:39 AM
holy shit that looks awful.

Humerox
11-13-2011, 07:57 AM
Like I said...the graphics ain't the gameplay, lol. I thought it looked awful too...it's extremely deep though. Shadowbane graphics sucked, and I think the PvP in this game is better than SB.

Knuckle
11-13-2011, 11:56 AM
1/10

Doors
11-13-2011, 12:09 PM
pass

mrgoochio
11-13-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm willing to give it a shot if you want to play together. I don't know if I can start near you though? There was a huge thread over on teamliquid about it but I couldn't really get anyone to help me out.

SlankyLanky
11-13-2011, 05:22 PM
lame

lululalana
11-13-2011, 05:32 PM
best pvp game is Face of Mankind

lululalana
11-13-2011, 05:43 PM
stay off the ramp