PDA

View Full Version : Never did PvP, I'm Curious.....

Vladigan
11-13-2011, 12:11 AM
How does the economy work here? What stops you from just killing the guy that is going to "buy" your item and run off with his coin?

How do groups work? Can you suddenly turn on a group member? Does AOE spells wipe out the group and the NPC at once (long live rain spells)

I played a little bit of the "team" based PvP on live, by little i mean like 10 levels and I got into the whole work as a team thing, but none of my friends like PvP... so whats the big deal?

Share some stories of your best PvP moments, I am very curious about this....

Bazia
11-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Once upon a time a guy played on a PvP server for the first time and got raped.

He then ragequit.

THE END.

Crazerous
11-13-2011, 12:30 AM
red>blue no waiting in line for camps

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-13-2011, 02:26 AM
dix in the azz

billyinorganic
11-13-2011, 04:08 AM
pvp servers emulate reality better then tv.

Maelzai
11-13-2011, 04:33 AM
PVP server functions alot diff from a PVE server that is for sure. But its hard to say how any given server will pan out given it is driven by the community alot more than any PVE server ever would be.

The economy. Yes, on live one of my favorite things to do was go to Gfay as a DE Enc illusion random lighty race and tell someone i was kos in kelethin to meet me at X location for trade. I give him plat for said item, start casting mez while Fleshmelt run in from the distance and we get the item and the plats. Be smarter than the average bear. Make low lvls for trades or twinks that are out of pvp range or are going to be harder to kill. (reputations will be made also, legit traders/nonlegit ect.)

Turning on grp members will rarely happen as it really doesnt gain you anything, and if its just a random grp most likely they will side with you... but i can't say i never saw it happen when someone wouldnt stop looting all the plats or we felt like he was going to ninja loot an item if something good dropped (guy that is always there to loot named corpse... lootwhore). Or the instance where random grp has a good spawn and guy in random grp gets guild grp together to take it over.<<

Best PVP experience, there are tons, from live and from emu.

I remember a GM event where they split everyone into the teams, after server was completely crossteam. 400+ ppl there and they evened out the teams where it was only 3 teams. I managed to stay alive till the last 15~ or so. Dark team vs Humans, and Noggins maybe?, but a pally elf that no one could/bothered to kill. Was an epic like 3 hr fight where Daelron and Caliel on same team ended up winning it for Humans.

Guild PVP is always the best, for loots or just bragging rights. I'm hoping with anon working on this server that we will see more scouts ect in strategies for pvp and raids.

My fondest PVP experience was probably the Torrent and Aduentus for Seb.
But my favorite and ill make this short. Was Luclin era, fighting for Vex Thal against Zephyros and a handful of Defiant. Phroak being their main assist for the fight and hating me so had pretargeted me in a skirmish. I ported up to next floor and got a CoH about 5 min into the fight when he finally decided to look for a new target and they had lost most their force. I did this regularly whenever they would pretarget me and i knew it but it rarely worked this effectively.

Evoken
11-13-2011, 05:19 AM
I think I remember p99 saying that red99 will have level 1 city protection, so prob just trade mules in cities. Also probably the majority of people you trade with in the beginning won't be in your pvp level range anyway.

Truth
11-13-2011, 05:38 AM
Loaded up into GFay and it was like "No Level 1 PvP Protection Here Pal", but I had the (de)buff on /boggle /wut

Crenshinabon
11-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Just buy gems with your plat and use those for trades..... i would never run around with a lot of plat on you.

Vladigan
11-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Just buy gems with your plat and use those for trades..... i would never run around with a lot of plat on you.

Now thats a good idea... thank you