PDA

View Full Version : Anon/Role should be disabled!

Scrooge
11-12-2011, 09:46 PM
To make things much more interesting! Like it was on Discord. Anyone agree?

Darwoth
11-12-2011, 09:50 PM
would be nice, "not classic" but neither is a lot of other shit at this juncture.

Kain
11-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Is this because your concerned there will be a lack of pvp? If so, its because were in beta and there will be more people on live.

I'd personally prefer this disabled to prevent zerg hunting.

lethdar
11-12-2011, 09:56 PM
It always seems like its a good idea, however eventually the server sheep catch onto the fact that they can just make hotkeys with /who pk name and /who 1 zone away and know with 5 minutes+ forewarning that they need to camp out.

It got so bad on vztz that people would camp out in chardok when they saw us port into skyfire, same would happen here within a month :(

Daldaen
11-12-2011, 09:58 PM
+1. I would prefer to see this on Blue though not Red. Reds would Q_Q about how it takes away from their element of suprise.

Darwoth
11-12-2011, 10:01 PM
yeah but while annoying that is better than having trouble finding targets, guess it comes down to whether or not it is better to sometimes have people log out on you or sometimes have trouble finding anyone to kill.

doesn't matter though i doubt this would ever be implemented as there are to many tear faucets from the blue server that plan to play for a week.

Kain
11-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Pre Kunark it can't be that hard to find people, I mean there's only a few high level dungeons.

Muaar
11-12-2011, 11:21 PM
NOT CLASSIC

Mardur
11-12-2011, 11:24 PM
I would be for this but it won't happen.

Muaar
11-12-2011, 11:36 PM
THEY SHOULD ADD EQ/AM3 HUE

Lovely
11-13-2011, 04:52 AM
No thanks. It actually creates less pvp since all known PK's and PK guilds will be monitored day and night.

Greenkrak
11-13-2011, 06:47 AM
horrible idea

Vinicito
11-13-2011, 06:58 AM
Nah, it looks good on paper, but anon & roleplay are necessary evils.

Smedy
11-13-2011, 07:31 AM
like queen lethdar said this is a good idea on paper, but will be more or less used to avoid pvp rather then encourage it.

Scrooge
11-13-2011, 09:16 AM
like queen lethdar said this is a good idea on paper, but will be more or less used to avoid pvp rather then encourage it.

But why even play on a PVP server if you plan on avoiding pvp? Heh.. PVP penalties aren't even that severe anyway.

As for the replies with "its not classic," well alotta things aren't classic already on P99 & Red99 both. This feature was used on a live hardcore PVP server by SOE, I thought it did a pretty good job.

Rushmore
11-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Would be neat to have some sort of alert once a zone got over so many people in it world wide... or a raid mob shout world wide once it got engaged to promoted PVP

Raid mobs getting ninja'd without any fight wouldn't be a good thing for the server...

Danien
11-13-2011, 11:47 AM
But why even play on a PVP server if you plan on avoiding pvp? Heh.. PVP penalties aren't even that severe anyway.

As for the replies with "its not classic," well alotta things aren't classic already on P99 & Red99 both. This feature was used on a live hardcore PVP server by SOE, I thought it did a pretty good job.

This argument is brought up quite often and it's quite retarded. I mean, why do any of us level beyond level 1, it is a PvP-server after all! We should ALL stay at level 1 and just log in and fight each other whenever we feel like playing!!

This argument seems based on the fact that people only PvE when they can't find PvP, while infact most people who play here will probably enjoy different aspects of both PvE and PvP.

One can both enjoy randomly ganking people or fighting over a specific spawn, just as someone else think it's fun to just camp efreeti with a couple buddies.

Smedy
11-13-2011, 11:53 AM

Depends on what you classify as pvp.

The only pvp that comes out of disabling anon (this has been tested btw) is gank squad pvp, which means a squad of buddies will roam around slaying solo or mixed groups of people without any real challenge.

Lets say i'm sitting in guk by manastone camp, you guys can see me by doing a /who all gukbottom, the thing is i already have my macros setup to do a /who all innothule and a /who all guktop everytime i sit/stand/move so instantly when someone enters any of these zones i'll know about it. And if you bring your 2 buddies, i won't stick around to fight you. Why would i, i can't win 3v1.

It's as simple as that, no one goes willingly into a pvp fight if they ain't at least 200% certain they will win the fight in question. (Gloinz pvp champ excluded)

This has been tested and proven by 3 years of non-anonymous playing on vztz, it was used to avoid pvp more than anything. And to me it's more exciting not knowing what's waiting behind the next zoneline, surprise pvp the real deal, other pvp should be called "duel" which is a different game all together.

Booglie
11-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Depends on what you classify as pvp.

The only pvp that comes out of disabling anon (this has been tested btw) is gank squad pvp, which means a squad of buddies will roam around slaying solo or mixed groups of people without any real challenge.

Lets say i'm sitting in guk by manastone camp, you guys can see me by doing a /who all gukbottom, the thing is i already have my macros setup to do a /who all innothule and a /who all guktop everytime i sit/stand/move so instantly when someone enters any of these zones i'll know about it. And if you bring your 2 buddies, i won't stick around to fight you. Why would i, i can't win 3v1.

It's as simple as that, no one goes willingly into a pvp fight if they ain't at least 200% certain they will win the fight in question. (Gloinz pvp champ excluded)

This has been tested and proven by 3 years of non-anonymous playing on vztz, it was used to avoid pvp more than anything. And to me it's more exciting not knowing what's waiting behind the next zoneline, surprise pvp the real deal, other pvp should be called "duel" which is a different game all together.

those macros work anywyays for watching people coming at you, anon doesn't hide people when you who all a zone, it just hides their level and class.

Smedy
11-13-2011, 12:14 PM
No, if you are /anon you won't show up in /who all gukbottom list of users.

Pretty sure that's the way it works, you can always /who your current zone.

Rushmore
11-13-2011, 12:18 PM
yes you can still do /whogukbottom etc.... but if there are 20 players in the zone but 10 that are anon only 10 come up on the list....

now once inside the zone if you hit /who all of the 20 list out for you.

I say disable /who altogether.... would be interesting.... really interesting.

Smedy
11-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Well that's exactly what i ment, if you are anon you won't show up in the /who list for the zone if someone does /whois from outside the zone

Completely disabling /who as in not seeing even your own zone? Well i don't have any opinions on this, i think it's fine to see what's going on in the current zone you're in.

Booglie
11-13-2011, 01:00 PM
did anon always hide who was in a zone when you /who all whateverzone? did that change at some point on live? i remember using it to track when other guilds were gathering up. the trick was to go through the list of random newb zones they were possibly buffing up in before they moved to their real location.

Crenshinabon
11-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Didnt i see mentioned that /who "name" or zone is disabled?

Peppers
11-13-2011, 01:19 PM
i won't stick around to fight you. Why would i, i can't win 3v1.

Why would i, i can't win 3v1.

, i can't win 3v1.

i can't win .

we know

Smedy
11-13-2011, 01:21 PM
i have several video proof of my basketball mad skills pal, u ain't got shit on teh smedy

Lovely
11-13-2011, 01:25 PM
i have several video proof of my basketball mad skills pal, u ain't got shit on teh smedy

Lets compare videos

Peppers
11-13-2011, 01:30 PM

http://if-guild.com/wp-content/gallery/uploads/eq000160-538be443835060ce79ef1b05726a133a9947f50c.jpg

"You are no longer set for Player vs. Player combat." is your claim to fame now.

Bro.

Smedy
11-13-2011, 01:38 PM
smedy white knight providing valid bug reports in the horde of trolls attempting to ruin our lands

gloinz
11-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Lets compare videos

my video is bigger than ur video