PDA

View Full Version : Help the poor mages.

mimixownzall
11-12-2011, 12:18 AM
I watched a mage try to fight some classes the other day. He fought against a shaman, a warrior and an SK (SK didn't use any spells other than snaring/fearing the pet).

His strat was pretty good. What I mean by this is that he tried to keep his pet from being CC'd while he ran around to avoid taking damage. I don't think he ever got one of them below 90% hps. I played an Epic mage on SZ and know how horrible life can be as a mage at the high levels; yes, mages dominate the lowbie ranks pretty easily, but this changes drastically at higher levels. With mage spells taking forever to cast and mages having no CC ability other than the pets (which can be easily resisted) our primary damage (IE: almost all damage) comes from pets. Pets already miss more than they should (they miss in pvp 20x more than PC's do) but to cut their damage down by 50% is quite ridiculous. Pets are easily CC'd so they should hurt when they aren't.

It's pretty bad when you got a ranger there watching begging to be the next one to fight the mage.

Shamanx
11-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Wut? First off, a single nuke would put any of them below 90%. A warrior can't do anything against a mage if the mage just runs around as long as they both have the same runspeed. Shamans.. well yea they own mages.

He needs to play better.

mimixownzall
11-12-2011, 12:32 AM
Wut? First off, a single nuke would put any of them below 90%. A warrior can't do anything against a mage if the mage just runs around as long as they both have the same runspeed. Shamans.. well yea they own mages.

He needs to play better.

Really? Getting a 7 second nuke off against a warrior? Warrior would either interrupt it or just run out of range. That is 2 slam chances against a bolt.

Bazia
11-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Me thinks someone wants to roll mage.......

valithteezee
11-12-2011, 01:12 AM
He's right. Mages need help, at least the pets do.

mimixownzall
11-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Me thinks someone wants to roll mage.......

You're right, I would love to roll a mage and use him for more than just an item farmer. That is why I am asking the devs to look into them for me.

There is a reason why everyone on the server is rolling SKs/Shamans/Necros/wizards. Hell, there are more warriors and rogues pvping than there are mages.

Nune
11-12-2011, 01:51 AM
You're right, I would love to roll a mage and use him for more than just an item farmer. That is why I am asking the devs to look into them for me.

There is a reason why everyone on the server is rolling SKs/Shamans/Necros/wizards. Hell, there are more warriors and rogues pvping than there are mages.

Pretty sure sorrow will not be the emotion filling me in regards to Mages once I hit level 6 in Gfay - getting MR. They get their time to shine, it's just not high end imo.

Pets already miss more than they should (they miss in pvp 20x more than PC's do) but to cut their damage down by 50% is quite ridiculous

Huh? mage pets dmg is lowered 50%? or they miss alot there fore are 50% effective? I'm :confused: what you mean

Tombom
11-12-2011, 02:13 AM
You are a confirmed pedo and a mage user? We cannot be friends.

Bazia
11-12-2011, 02:28 AM
You are a confirmed pedo

Mimix a pedo? Wha?

chuck
11-12-2011, 03:03 AM
I hope phil collins daughter didn't inherit her fathers hairline

Envious
11-12-2011, 05:31 AM
The mage pet melee dmg has a 50% reduction on it.

Mages are just weak... no HS, SS, heals / taps, root, mez, quick casts, crap hps...

They are good during the leveling process, when they have a earth or air pet, and a bolt (16, 34, etc)... but flatten out fast.

And yes, Mimix is a pedo, just like Sandusky.

Lovely
11-12-2011, 06:07 AM
I'm amazed everytime I read threads like this one. So if 1 awul Mage that got no clue how to play it is loosing duels then the class is broken?

Why not make a similar thread about Rogues and how they lose 1v1 over and over and now needs fixing, or why don't I let my 7 year old cousin play my Wizard in a few duels and then make a thread about it being broken cause he can't win a fight.

Also you're not forced to only use your latest nuke in duels. It's usually more effective to use low lvl nukes in 1v1 situations if you have trouble getting spells off.

Bazia
11-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Sounds like MAG is a great PvE class and a shitty PvP class.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF_o3UwopMSOmskKPyh-lPm2u8j_LrpPQ-LRatd_R6ZfMCz57BmA

Lovely
11-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Mages might not be the best 1v1 class, but they are easily one of the very best when combined with a few classes in duo's both in PVP and PVE.

valithteezee
11-12-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm just curious but why was the damage reduced to 50% on pet classes? Also, I know this has been discussed but the earth pet still does not cast root on PC's with any movespeed buff on.

gdg
11-12-2011, 12:11 PM
As far as pet damage goes, I'm going to go out on a limb and say because mage DD spells are actually not far off of wizard spells damage wise.

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-12-2011, 12:17 PM
I would be fine with mage pets doing normal, EQ live damage. If they do less, then that's kind of dumb. They definitely don't need any improvements beyond normal EQ though.

I remember having sowed mage pets attack my monk in giant, outdoor, velious fights. The pets would be doing a decent bit of damage, it was similar to being perma-ebolted or something. (and yes I fd'd over and over and they just keep spamming pet attack even though they're 2 miles away)

lethdar
11-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Help, x class is pretty bad in straight up prepared duels, need buffs!

Know what other class blows real hard against more than half of the classes in duel settings? Wizards.

BUFF WIZARDS.

Lovely
11-12-2011, 12:24 PM

Know what other class blows real hard against more than half of the classes in duel settings? Wizards.

BUFF WIZARDS.

Buff Wizard

Wizards barely have a nuke advantage vs Druids and they also got SoW, buffs, track, heals, DS, regen etc.

Buff Wizard

Truth
11-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Buff wizard lol you are awful shut the fuck up you can't even full resist nukes in gears no1 will have for ages

Truth
11-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Buff wizard lol you are awful shut the fuck up you can't even full resist nukes in gears no1 will have for ages

You're all fucking so bad at this game, and it kills me :(

mimixownzall
11-12-2011, 01:57 PM

BUFF WIZARDS.

Box trash need not post unless they have something constructive to say.

I didn't say buff mages. Just make them more classic.

They were nerfed by significantly lowering the damage in pvp. This was done before any testing had been done at all.

mimixownzall
11-12-2011, 01:58 PM

You got trolled so hard.

Truth
11-12-2011, 02:01 PM
I knew Lethdar was trolling obviously. Lovely was not. He constantly whines about how bad he is at wizard in almost every thread

Rykk
11-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Actually i'd say make mages more classic also. Not gonna lie, I was gonna roll mage, but now having heard that their pets do %50 dmg I'll probably roll shaman like everyone else

lordyamish
11-12-2011, 02:03 PM
I knew Lethdar was trolling obviously. Lovely was not. He constantly whines about how bad he is at wizard in almost every thread

totes mad

Truth
11-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Do not confuse my ravenous demeanor with anger.

lordyamish
11-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Do not confuse my ravenous demeanor with anger.

so totes mad

Truth
11-12-2011, 02:16 PM
¿no hablo retardo?

lordyamish
11-12-2011, 02:21 PM
¿no hablo retardo?

you just asked me if you speak in a delayed manner

Truth
11-12-2011, 02:23 PM
thing is haahaa i aint even mad

http://troll.me/images/you-mad-xzibit-1/wiz-sucks-i-aint-even-mad.jpg

lordyamish
11-12-2011, 02:28 PM

http://troll.me/images/you-mad-xzibit-1/wiz-sucks-i-aint-even-mad.jpg

totes fronting

tsaC
11-12-2011, 02:33 PM
]

http://i42.tinypic.com/dwz56w.png

Truth
11-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Are you angered my brother??

btw nice wind0ze 95 bro olo

tsaC
11-12-2011, 02:38 PM
thing is haahaa
i aint even mad tho

pojab
11-12-2011, 05:01 PM
50% pet dmg nerf is less destructive to mages than no spellsets/right click spell menu. have fun spending your entire life re-meming spells to keep you and your pets buffs stacked properly with 10 minute buff timers and also not being able to see buffs on your pet.

Lovely
11-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Can we at least buff Wizards. Mages got a overpowered pet that solo Seafuries, they can summon cool stuff, they got 300 RANGE nukes and god knows what else. Wizards only have nukes and they all got 200 RANGE :/

Worst class ever. Buff. Make all Wizard nukes 300 range also to make it fair plz

Truth
11-12-2011, 05:15 PM
yea SO WUT ! Wizards get bomb ass stuns, lures, runes, shadowstep, etc.

You're gonna have a field day when they finally fix the retarded nuke resist system.