PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to the board's veterans

Harrison
11-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Thank you for what you have done, sacrificed, or are doing for this country.

Seaweedpimp
11-11-2011, 02:25 PM
And thank you harrison most of all.

Massive Marc
11-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks pals !

Mardur
11-11-2011, 03:41 PM
I salute you, Harrison.

Knuckle
11-11-2011, 04:04 PM
I do everything in my power to make these boards a more enjoyable place. Makes me feel real special to get this shout out.

mitic
11-11-2011, 04:40 PM
yw!

Slathar
11-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Who gives a shit

Daldaen
11-11-2011, 05:03 PM
^ Obvious troll is obvious.

Massive Marc
11-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Who gives a shit

Slather p99 daily forum routine.

Click "Search" Button
Click "Advance Search"
Click "Show Results as Post"
Inputs Harrison into Search by user field.
Clicks Search.
Enters Thread.
Says something retarded.

Rinse/Repeat.

Shannacore
11-11-2011, 05:08 PM
sh0ut out to my p0ps!!

Truth
11-11-2011, 05:17 PM
sh0ut out to my p0ps!!

SearyxTZ
11-11-2011, 05:17 PM
I'll likely upset some people with this comment, but I can't salute anyone who went over to Iraq (due to the morality involved). I won't get into it any more than that.

I have massive respect for my grandfather who fought in WWII and received the purple heart after taking a shot to the head (he lived).

Diggles
11-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Searyx, you should get together with Hasbinbad.

Droxx
11-11-2011, 05:42 PM
I'll likely upset some people with this comment, but I can't salute anyone who went over to Iraq (due to the morality involved). I won't get into it any more than that.

I have massive respect for my grandfather who fought in WWII and received the purple heart after taking a shot to the head (he lived).

I forget that people have a choice on whether they get deployed to Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Saudi, South America, Turkey, etc.

mitic
11-11-2011, 05:53 PM

much of respect for those 100,000 killed iraqi civilians noone talks about. and of course also much of respect to those 3,000 victims of 9/11 but at least we do a commemoration day in the whole western world broadcasted on every tv-channel for the last 10 years and the next 100 years to come.

Nirgon
11-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Thanks for all you do Harrison

SearyxTZ
11-11-2011, 06:11 PM
I forget that people have a choice on whether they get deployed to Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Saudi, South America, Turkey, etc.

You always have a choice, or we might as well commend Nazi Germany for doing their duty and following orders. Individual moral responsibility is an American principle.

Some people agreed with the war, others don't. My grandfather condemns it. He fought in WWII, but he would not have gone to Iraq.

purest
11-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Thanks for all you do Harrison

harrison cuts deli meat at Kroger

harrison is a person who lied about being a combat medic on this forum, see this thread (www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=130387#post130387) and got called out on it by a real combat medic

this forum has many real veterans, some of whom are combat veterans, and don't have to lie about it on the internet to impress people, you can direct your thanks to them

Ektar
11-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I do everything in my power to make these boards a more enjoyable place. Makes me feel real special to get this shout out.

this is what I thought the thread meant when I rad the title lols

Nune
11-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Bros on p99 daily forum routine.

Click "Search" Button
Click "Advance Search"
Click "Show Results as Post"
Inputs Harrison into Search by user field.
Clicks Search.
Enters Thread.
Defends a grown man on a 13 year old game's EMU server
Rinse/Repeat.

Srs Not Ames
11-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Thank you for what you have done, sacrificed, or are doing for this country.

Thanks for getting discharged, You did us all a great service. I salute you.

Doors
11-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Oh man incoming stupid ass flames involving the military and government conspiracies. Like anyone in the Military can control where they get deployed.

Jerry Garcia
11-11-2011, 11:39 PM
anyone not in the military can control where they get deployed

by not enlisting.

if you enlisted prior to vietnam I'll give you a pass on your iraqi civilian massacre.

Bazia
11-11-2011, 11:54 PM

by not enlisting.

if you enlisted prior to vietnam I'll give you a pass on your iraqi civilian massacre.

I love how people who haven't served know exactly what happens during war, for all you know these places don't even really exist since you've never been there.

Getting your information from biased new services (which goal is to make money by providing you with biased news stories that they think agree with your idea of what is happening) doesn't make you qualified to have an opinion.

Doors
11-12-2011, 12:25 AM

by not enlisting.

Very, very few people actually enlist to go kill people. College isn't free bro. Also that shit looks good on a resume whenever you get out.

Diggles
11-12-2011, 12:27 AM
military benefits are fucking amazing, it's the 4 years they have your ass that arent.

Jerry Garcia
11-12-2011, 12:38 AM
so you sold your soul to a machine whose stated purpose is to murder people in exchange for financial benefits. ok, where's the part where you got the moral high ground?

Bazia
11-12-2011, 12:48 AM
so you sold your soul to a machine whose stated purpose is to murder people in exchange for financial benefits. ok, where's the part where you got the moral high ground?

Who did we murder? Where you there?

No? Then where you do get an opinion from?

Oh right, self-serving BUSINESSES feeding you what you want to hear for money.

purest
11-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Very, very few people actually enlist to go kill people. College isn't free bro. Also that shit looks good on a resume whenever you get out.

ya, cause killing innocent civilians is a great resume enhancer in today's job market

reality: a small number of MOSes are broadly applicable to many civilian jobs, and those guys have no trouble when they seperate, but most MOSes have nothing comparable in the civilian world, and you essentially leave the military as unskilled workers. the unemployment rate for veterans has consistently been in the double digits and consistently has outpaced civilian unemployment rates, last year it rose to as high as 21.1 % unemployment among vets, its now around 11-13%

Bazia
11-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Why do people feel it's necessary to shit up this thread, it's Veteran's Day and someone wants to thank veteran's for service.

I don't feel like arguing with an army of neckbeards to defend the military, so I'm just going to say thanks for the consideration Harrison.

Also the military has lots of opportunities to provide if you are responsible and can take advantage of them, specifically people from low income backgrounds (such as myself) will find resources to become educated at low to no cost as well as a future career in high-paying government jobs if that is what you desire.

purest
11-12-2011, 01:21 AM
The youngest of veterans, aged 18 to 24, had a 30 percent jobless rate in October, way up from 18 percent a year earlier.

turns out, employers in today's job market don't look for experience killing innocent civilians on your resume despite what recruiters may have told you

Bazia
11-12-2011, 01:43 AM
turns out, employers in today's job market don't look for experience killing innocent civilians on your resume despite what recruiters may have told you

From the same story -

Veterans aged 25-34 did well. The BLS released figures in 2005 that showed veterans in that age group with a lower unemployment rate than their peers (just 3.8 percent vs. 5.0 percent.)

Yeah young people who are used to getting a paycheck and get out of the military fast without taking advantage of opportunities can end up unemployed when they get out.

Ugh trying not to argue with trolls... so... hard.... to.... resist.....

purest
11-12-2011, 02:13 AM
lewl @ using 2005 figures to compare to 2011

we are talking about 30 percent unemployment among veterans aged 18-24

on top of that, veteran unemployment across all age brackets is about 12 percent, 3 percent higher than the national average

any mentally stable person who looks at these cold, hard facts will surmise that despite what you want us to believe, employers give two shits about how many innocent civilians you raped and slaughtered

purest
11-12-2011, 02:22 AM
undeniable facts:

veterans are far more likely to be unemployed.

veterans are far more likely to be homeless.

veterans are far more likely to die on the streets while homeless.

veterans are far more likely to become addicted to drugs.

veterans are far more likely to be abusive towards their significant others.

veterans are far more likely to suffer from LDS (little dick syndrome).

Bazia
11-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Raped and slaughtered

If that's really what you believe happens overseas there is no point in arguing with you, it's just not the reality I was there I would know.

Only people killed were people who initiate contact, and villagers were almost always glad to have Taliban gone because they are basically the equivalent of gang members in the U.S. (They extort farmers for cash and shelter while refusing to contribute to society using their "holy war" as an excuse to be lazy and violent).

What were your experiences in Afghanistan?

Bazia
11-12-2011, 02:27 AM
undeniable facts:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbxAwUbC3L7we7gjZEtcOz_dc1N_C16 gdvp8drelXlAyk-uLDN3w

purest
11-12-2011, 02:33 AM
If that's really what you believe happens overseas there is no point in arguing with you

are you retarded bro

if you are in the military you should have no illusions about what your job is. it is to go to another country and kill other people and break their shit.

these maggots were not drafted but are all willing participants. this "war" has been going on now for nearly ten years, high time to stop giving soldiers an unconditional pass

bring the murderers home asap, before they kill more

Bazia
11-12-2011, 02:34 AM
undeniable facts:

Actually if you want me tbh about it, a lot of the reasons these things are true is about 30% of the military are useless pieces of shit who are all on phony "physical disability profiles" and never deploy or contribute to this country in any way.

You can't really get fired from the military until your contract is over unless you break the law and some abuse this to use it as a form of welfare, those individuals are probably the people responsible for those poor statistics.

Veteran's Day is for honoring those who excel and serve in the military, not flame because of the shitbags who use it as welfare, do not deploy overseas, and never make it past E-3.

Bazia
11-12-2011, 02:43 AM
are you retarded bro

if you are in the military you should have no illusions about what your job is. it is to go to another country and kill other people and break their shit.

these maggots were not drafted but are all willing participants. this "war" has been going on now for nearly ten years, high time to stop giving soldiers an unconditional pass

bring the murderers home asap, before they kill more

There is no illusions about it, I can not justify being there but the blaming soldiers for the war and accusing them of "Murder and Rape" is wildly inaccurate.

In general the people there like Americans for cleaning up their districts of terrorizing gang members.

Why we are in Afghanistan playing police is something like I said cannot justify or explain.

Some join to honestly serve, some join to be taken care of and abuse the system. No one joins to "Murder or Rape".

If anyone is there to vilify it would be politicians voted in by American people sending soldiers who are trying to serve (deployments are very easy to sham out of) to fight violent gang members in a country no one can justify being involved with.

Also I enjoy arguing on the internet.

Slathar
11-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Comparing the draftees of WWII to the volunteer rape gangs of Iraq and Afghanistan is laughable. They aren't protecting me from shit.

burkemi5
11-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Wow, I really hope you guys are just trolling for trolling's sake, and if that's the case go back to RnF. If you want to argue about the military and all that BS, go make a thread in RnF. This thread is to offer up appreciation for our armed forces. Thank you to our veterans for serving and putting themselves at risk so I don't have to.

Bazia
11-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Why do people feel it's necessary to shit up this thread, it's Veteran's Day and someone wants to thank veteran's for service.

picodefaggo
11-13-2011, 10:11 PM
thank u for del monte canned pineapple

jarshale
11-13-2011, 10:21 PM
If it wasnt 4 our brave men, the toliban wuld be on our shores rite now

God bless america!

Awwalike
11-13-2011, 10:39 PM
FUCK

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7HTO3jP-_lk/Sjzw4ClOqUI/AAAAAAAADPg/PQh5PU5D-wU/s400/team-america-world-police-1.jpg

YEAH

Autotune
11-14-2011, 03:45 AM
Last time i checked, i didn't give a fuck if people over seas died.

Hmm, still don't give a fuck.

Humerox
11-14-2011, 05:01 AM

Thanks to the Vets that died, asshats still have the right to say what they want--for the time being anyway.

Corporate America suffered a slim defeat this last week in the Senate on the Net Neutrality bill; the vote was 52-46. That's the real war on freedom atm, along with the momentarily stifled Internet Blacklist bills. (bills that could take our emulations away from us-- among other things--without anyone doing anything but claiming copyright violation; they want to make it so the search engines won't even list the links, along with making it a crime to even discuss the numerical IP, since the government is going to rely on DNS redirect.)

Also, Veteran's Day is to remember the fallen--not the living. You're welcome anyway.

Truth
11-14-2011, 05:47 AM
The elite financed the development of the internet as a means to track the sheeple. Of course they want to shut it down now that it airs their dirty laundry.

And yes, expect full chinese style blacklists to make it to America. Probably under the guise of fighting warez and child pr0n.