PDA

View Full Version : Spells: feign death and charm problem

ammut
04-06-2010, 12:40 AM
If a necro charms a mob, send it against another mob and feign death both mobs will come after the necro if charm breaks. That bug appeared after last patch.

Haynar may u tell us if it is working as intended by the devs or it is a side effect of the faction war fix and will be fixed soon?

grindle
04-06-2010, 09:55 AM
If they come after you after you stand up you may not be staying FD long enough to wipe agro if they are coming after you while you are still FD i would say that is definitely broken

Zanti
04-06-2010, 11:07 AM
They come for you while FD.

Excision Rottun
04-06-2010, 12:04 PM
I also had this issue with my standard pet.

Pet on mob.

FD successfully, no spells, no AE hit me.

Pet dies.

Mobs come for me while still FD.

This happened since that last patch (3/28/10), only had it happen once so far but haven't been on lately to test it again

LazyFuj
04-15-2010, 02:14 AM
any word on this?

Haynar
04-15-2010, 06:47 PM
There were things added about passing on of some of the aggro of pets to owners in the patch. I do not have access to that code, but something would need added to only pass it on if owner is not FD. This would be causing that. I experimented with similar things myself, so I am pretty sure that is the cause. This would be something to fall in the Rogean fixes, as once again, I do not have access to that branch of the source.

Haynar

Shamaeso
04-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Any status update on this issue as it is extremely annoying and causes a lot of deaths

ammut
04-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Could we get an update about that important issue to necros ? Haynar? Rogean?

Dabamf
04-25-2010, 12:06 AM
You should never get attacked while FD unless a spell/AOE breaks your feign.

However, when you FD, your charmed pet should uncharm and return to spawn point. That's how it was in classic.

Being able to FD with a charmed pet intact would be absurdly OP. I could solo the entirety of lower guk simultaneously doing this.

ammut
04-25-2010, 11:35 AM
dabamf we had that discussion a few months ago. Feign death breaking charm was added around 2001 before that you could feign death and keep mob charmed.

The pblem is not only about charm, you get the same bug with regular pet.

Shamaeso
05-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Any update one this issue?