PDA

View Full Version : 6 man group schemes ideas

tbox
11-10-2011, 07:15 PM
I was wondering what class/race people think would be a really decent 6 person group for pvp.

I feel like with like 6 v 6+ fights nukers can run out of power before every target is dead and melee dps really shines with efficiency in the long dragged out fights. I am not a big fan of pure melee's in regards to having the chase everyone,

so I was thinking:

1 Cleric
3 Rangers
1 Bard
1 Shaman

Rational:
Everyone has ranged damage although ranger bow damage does not seem to be that great. Hopefully decent enough with 3 of the rangers assisting on 1 target should the called target insist on running.

I was also pondering:

1 Cleric
3 Orge sk
1 Bard
1 Shaman

The SK's combined harm touch would be effective at taking down a priority target. Although they would have less sustained ranged damage as compared to the ranger group although more hp and durability.

Another idea was:

4 Wizards
1 Druid
1 Bard

Have everyone live and die by the assist macro and try to 1 cast cycle kill each target while bard plays shadow step song. Druid can nuke and heal when needed plus a HP buff etc.

Any other ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

juicedsixfo
11-10-2011, 07:19 PM
here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6qoMoRN2Jk)

billyinorganic
11-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Funny i was just thinking about this today...

But rather then groups which could be base line effective i was thinking more along the lines of "unique" groups...

like 6 wizards..

5 wizards, 1 enchanter..

Weird stuff like that..

Not so much base line solid groups, but unique groups that all have ganking tactics that would have to be learned.

Tombom
11-10-2011, 08:07 PM
if your running a group of 6 have a bard
if your running a group have a bard
if your running have a bard
bard, have one.

Nirgon
11-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Lol @ all this.

gloinz
11-10-2011, 09:35 PM
3 rangers clearly trolling

lethdar
11-10-2011, 09:45 PM
must be troll

Authority
11-10-2011, 09:48 PM
They see me trollin'... They hatin'....

Muaar
11-10-2011, 10:47 PM
1 sk/pal/war
1 cleric/dru
1 shaman/enc
1 bard/enc
1 wizard/dru/mage
1 monk/rog/rng

john_savage1982
11-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Bard
Paladin
Shaman
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard

Nirgon
11-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Many solo casters, some groups of assorted casters. That's what I predict seeing.

Cymbal
11-10-2011, 11:29 PM
i agree with nirgon

wheres your avatar from by the way?

Nirgon
11-10-2011, 11:38 PM
The EQ instruction manual

Rust1d?
11-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Bard
Cleric
Pally
Shaman
Mage
Mage

Castle
11-11-2011, 11:27 AM
if your running a group of 6 have a bard
if your running a group have a bard
if your running have a bard
bard, have one. Truth. I think any good 6 man squad, needs a bard.

It depends if you only want to PvP or if you want to do some high end content as well.

Here are some good examples of some good 6 man groups...

Planeteers
4 Mage (Kwame, Wheeler, Linka, Gi) who use Earth, Fire, Wind, Water pets, respectively
1 Cleric (Ma-Ti) The power of HEART! Yay!
1 Bard (Captain Planet)

It's actually not a bad group. Mod Rods + heal song + mana song + the elemental powers combined into Captain Planet = epic.

Jackson 5
Erudite SK (Jackie)
Erudite Cleric (Tito)
Erudite Mage (Germaine)
Erudite Enc (Blakmykal)
Erudite Wiz (Marlon)
Human Bard (Whytmykal)

Powa Ranjas
5 Rangers (Red Ranja, Black Ranja, Yella Ranja, Blue Ranja, Pink Ranja)
1 Bard (Zordon)

Because trollin' Quillmane spawn is that important. 5 bard speed ranjas with 300+ range arrows will make any caster gate and any melee run.

------------------------------------------

Ideal group for balanced PvP/PvE... You need a tank, puller, healer, slower, and some deeps; all else is optional. Here is the crew I'll be running. We still got some slots left so check us out. PM me if interested.

<Terran> (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54200)

SK - tank, FD/pet pulls, DA, win-button
Cleric - gotta be good for something..
Shaman - resist buffs, spot heals, potions, DoTs
Bard - resists, speed, weak track
Wiz - ports, deeps
Mage - DS, deeps

The only weakness is a lack of JC and a good track. Adding an enchanter is useless with a bard/shm already on board though and the most replaceable class here is a mage.. but that's a lot of deeps to go. Monk could replace mage, but SK means there is already a FD puller. Bard track is good enough and with bard speed checking the few places people might be isn't hard.

Port in, bard speed around, til you find em. 40+ sv all shambuffs + bard resists + pot resists + main healer + spot healer + rooting cler/shm + snaring/mezzing bard + mage/wiz on deeps = duh... winning?

PvE wise, this group could take anything in classic except gods/dragons/minis. Planar armor mobs, lguk, solb, whatever; not a raid force, it can do the rest though.

pickled_heretic
11-11-2011, 11:45 AM
you're mad to not include an enchanter. for raw grinding speed there's no better dps than a hasted pet, plus all the other benefits they provide. sure, bards can let you run around like a faggot in south karana. who cares?

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Nobody has a permanent group of 6 people they walk around PvP'ing with. What kind of ridiculous question is this. On Sullon Zek, everyone was either in some random xp group, raiding with their guild, or walking around solo pvp'ing.

Gnar
11-11-2011, 11:47 AM
must be troll

velious wood elf female ranger army ftw.

pickled_heretic
11-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Nobody has a permanent group of 6 people they walk around PvP'ing with. What kind of ridiculous question is this. On Sullon Zek, everyone was either in some random xp group, raiding with their guild, or walking around solo pvp'ing.

i was thinking that myself, when i saw castle's guild thread. getting 6 people together to play is a lot like herding cats. that's the reason you have a guild that is larger than a group, so people who are looking for groups don't have to wait for those that aren't.

it's not a prediction - i can guarantee that castle's group is going to fall apart shortly after release.

Blackyce
11-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Truth. I think any good 6 man squad, needs a bard.

It depends if you only want to PvP or if you want to do some high end content as well.

Here are some good examples of some good 6 man groups...

Planeteers
4 Mage (Kwame, Wheeler, Linka, Gi) who use Earth, Fire, Wind, Water pets, respectively
1 Cleric (Ma-Ti) The power of HEART! Yay!
1 Bard (Captain Planet)

It's actually not a bad group. Mod Rods + heal song + mana song + the elemental powers combined into Captain Planet = epic.

Jackson 5
Erudite SK (Jackie)
Erudite Cleric (Tito)
Erudite Mage (Germaine)
Erudite Enc (Blakmykal)
Erudite Wiz (Marlon)
Human Bard (Whytmykal)

Powa Ranjas
5 Rangers (Red Ranja, Black Ranja, Yella Ranja, Blue Ranja, Pink Ranja)
1 Bard (Zordon)

Because trollin' Quillmane spawn is that important. 5 bard speed ranjas with 300+ range arrows will make any caster gate and any melee run.

------------------------------------------

Can you make one up for the Voltron Force:

Keith
Lance
Pidge
Sven
Hunk
Princess Allura

Castle
11-11-2011, 12:00 PM
it's not a prediction - i can guarantee that castle's group is going to fall apart shortly after release. That's right because people can't duo or trio for exp... wait this is EQ, right?

Looking for people who want to put in some time so there will always be 2-3+ on which is plenty for a group for exp. If you're going to start with a base group of 6, might as well make it ideal. Obviously expecting all 6 to be on at once whenever they play is stupid. This is why we plan to expand; if you saw the thread I linked you'd know this, brah.

By the time we get up in 30s is when we will recruit more. It'll most likely be a natural progression with people we meet as we level. 6 is not a permanent solution at all, but you gotta start with a foundation and a group that can group well in pairs or 3s as well. My madmathskillz tell me there are 14 combinations of 2 that can be made from these 6. Only 3 of them kinda suck. If I am playing pretty often, with my sham I can duo or trio with any of em just fine.

The ultimate goal is to have a full group on average and 12-16 dedicated people on for raiding stuff.

tbox
11-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Whether or not Castle or I can keep a solid 6 man running or not something I prefer to waste time on debating. I really appreciate this communities insight into group pvp so please keep the group set up suggestions flowing.

tomtom brings up a good point regarding bards. It seems their resist boosting abilities make them pretty much mandatory along with other benefits of course.

valithteezee
11-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Honestly, 5 SK's and a bard probably can't be beat, lol.

This is theoryquest right here, but this might be a pretty fun team to have.

Shaman-Support heals, buff, potions, malo, dot

Shamans can adapt to pretty much any situation that rises on the battlefield. Their potions make the team pretty much immune to disease/poison dots.

Enchanter- Tash, mez, debuff, root, stun

Enchanters can offer a lot for team pvp. If the enemy does not have cloudy potions a tash + malo(from shammy/mage) can easily keep them CC'd for the duration of the fight.

SK- DPS, snare, HT.

SK's offer up plenty of DPS and a very annoying low cost snare.

Bard -resist, debuff, snare, selos, mez

SELO's at all times during the fight is +1. Also, the ability to debuff, snare, and DOT the enemy while being out of cast range is a +.

Wizard- dps

Wizards and chanters pair really well together. If the group is CC'd at all by the bard or chanter this gives the wizard free reign to ice comet a squishy and take them out of the fight.

Cleric- heals, stuns.

Best heals in the game, two DA's, stuns, root.

This entire strategy is riding on the fact that 1-2 players can get CC'd and have de-buffs stick without enemy team pumice/curing.

Players would have to be very organized for this to work since it lacks melee power but it could work.

Xantille
11-11-2011, 02:59 PM
here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6qoMoRN2Jk)

$$$$

The first ToT Tallon Zek group had some interesting classes, though there are seven of them in the intro (1:03 into video).

Lazdal (Shaman), Lightadam (Wiz), Cuick (Rog), Tssunami (Monk), Druegan (Cleric), Kreepindeth? (Mag) plus whoever the human cleric was.

valithteezee
11-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Also, depends what expansion we're talking about. In classic i would want a completely different team than in Kunark.

Lovely
11-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Theorycrafting only works when you know what you're facing. Aka PVE.

billyinorganic
11-11-2011, 03:23 PM
probability distributions..

Nirgon
11-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Have fun leveling your bards.

Nune
11-11-2011, 07:09 PM
$$$$

The first ToT Tallon Zek group had some interesting classes, though there are seven of them in the intro (1:03 into video).

Lazdal (Shaman), Lightadam (Wiz), Cuick (Rog), Tssunami (Monk), Druegan (Cleric), Kreepindeth? (Mag) plus whoever the human cleric was.

haha, Lightadam. Ohh the fond memories of TZ :)

stonetz
11-11-2011, 09:34 PM
TZ was fun, I lost the love after PoP, Velious was my favorite I think.

Really dumb to have a group without a Bard.

Would be fun to have

Druid - Snare / sow / ports / buffs / heals
Bard - Selo's / resists / dispel / buttsex
Mage x4 / sow'd pets / mean nukes

That would all depend on how the pets are though, if they suck then maybe swap for melee.

tbox
11-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Any more ideas folks? Thanks to those who already posted!

dusk883
11-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Last night's Arena trials show Bard groups consisting of anything > No bard group of anything else. We had people coming and going in the group, so long as you had a bard, you were going to win. Oh, and Oatmeal's bard group > Betabeats bard group.

tbox
11-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Last night's Arena trials show Bard groups consisting of anything > No bard group of anything else. We had people coming and going in the group, so long as you had a bard, you were going to win. Oh, and Oatmeal's bard group > Betabeats bard group.

I figured as much so bard plus ... ideas folks.

Nirgon
11-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Group with shaman+chanter+cleric buffs vs group without. Same deal. You can dispel selo's on pulse and gank the bard.

dusk883
11-14-2011, 02:30 PM
You can certainly try. The bard who shadow steps is a little harder.

tsaC
11-14-2011, 09:30 PM

wow... this is absolutely brilliant.

How the FUCK did you guys figure this stuff out? Any good parsing or research papers submitted yet?

Brb need 2 make thread on holocaust forums 2 confirm validity of your statements.

Authority
11-15-2011, 12:12 AM
T sac, you're posts are neither witty or funny. calling yourself coach and pretending your black, play ball, and other lame shit is just ridiculous. your guild calls themselves pvp champs for rolling ONLY in gank squads, and ONLY hitting solo, or lesser sized groups. fucking lame. that's not pvp. that's pussy shit.

basically.

you're a bitch.

Haul
11-15-2011, 12:33 AM
you're mad to not include an enchanter. for raw grinding speed there's no better dps than a hasted pet, plus all the other benefits they provide. sure, bards can let you run around like a faggot in south karana. who cares?

hahaha

chuck
11-15-2011, 12:39 AM
T sac, you're posts are neither witty or funny. calling yourself coach and pretending your black, play ball, and other lame shit is just ridiculous. your guild calls themselves pvp champs for rolling ONLY in gank squads, and ONLY hitting solo, or lesser sized groups. fucking lame. that's not pvp. that's pussy shit.

basically.

you're a bitch.

yikes

take a step back

then a few deep breaths

Knuckle
11-15-2011, 12:47 AM
If we are talking serious here for a moment:

1 Cleric
1 Shaman
1 Warrior
1 Shadow Knight
1 Enchanter
1 Bard

Good Luck CCing any of those targets, have fun getting pillaged and raped by SK/Warrior with full buffs + shaman dots. Double heals between cleric/shaman when needed. Full resist songs + selos from bard. Game set match. *****s

chuck
11-15-2011, 03:26 AM
So pretty much having run speed faster then your enemy will give you a significant advantage in pvp huh??

learn something new every day