PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Bard Charm Bug

Prova
11-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Way charm should work in regards to agro:

Bard charms Mob A, has it attack mob B
Charm Breaks
Mob B's agro towards Bard should not include damage/actions of charmed mob A
Mob A's agro to bard is whatever the base charm agro is. It is otherwise memblurred.

Way charm currently works
Bard charms Mob A, has it attack mob B
Charm Breaks
Mob B's agro towards Bard fully includes damage/actions of charmed mob A
Mob A's agro to bard is whatever the base charm agro is. It is otherwise memblurred.

Without this bug, it is possible to charm a mob, send it at another, and when you recharm after a break, the other mob will very likely stick back onto the recharmed mob after a combat round of damage (as you have accrued no agro other than proximity on the mob). You currently just get raped by both mobs after charm breaks, which eliminates one of bards only ways of soloing in dungeons.

Fix seems easy. It would logically appear that bards charmed pets are considered 'pets' rather than 'charmed pets'. If you could split off charmed pets into their own category, and make it so that their damage does not accrue to the bard/enchanter in the form of agro, viola, issue fixed.

Kelsar
11-10-2011, 10:31 PM
This is more than a charm agro issue, although the charm component you're describing cannot be dismissed.

I noticed the same thing watching my wife play a mage. If she is sitting when she sends her pet in on something it immediately B-lines for her. She can even wait a minute and sit with same results. This, to me, means something is wrong, in general, with pet agro. I believe you're noticing it more because you're charm fighting.

Glitch
11-11-2011, 06:23 PM
It was actually an intentional patch that was made on blue a long time ago, back in the days where charm was unusually reliable.
Basically, it seemed like to solve the issue of charm classes being too easy to play, they made all of the aggro generated by the pet transfer onto the owner on the break.

I don't remember that mechanic on live and uuuussuaaaalllyy they don't change things without archived sources, but go do some googling and pull something up if you'd like them to change it back.