PDA

View Full Version : Worth it for anything but agnostic?

valithteezee
11-10-2011, 11:56 AM
After reading Vile's thread and seeing some deity specific items it got me wondering..

As far as classic is concerned is it worth it to go anything but agnostic? I know if you follow some of the "Darker" religions you get additional KOS to NPC's which can be a hassle.

I know for troll shammy's they have that snare necklace if they follow innoruk etc etc.

Anyone know any more benefits?

Vile
11-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Other than the Inny snare neck I don't think there is anything game changing deity wise. When POP was out, the deity armor came out and was amazing, but we'll never see it..

Smedy
11-10-2011, 12:17 PM
i usually go for tunare faction if i can, to get unkos faction in pog for pvp later in velious, other then that, i don't know

Vile
11-10-2011, 12:17 PM
i usually go for tunare faction if i can, to get unkos faction in pog for pvp later in velious, other then that, i don't know

Ah, good call.

Yea that might be the only other benefit... to go Tunare if you can for PoG faction.

Not sure if CT faction makes you un KOS in fear in classic?

Castle
11-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Not sure if CT faction makes you un KOS in fear in classic? Don't think so, but a few fail PvP servers I was proud to dominate had this feature and I just so happened to be CT or have a CT alt... fun.

mitic
11-10-2011, 12:24 PM
there is a tunare only sword for pals or rng i velious, i forgot

Lulz Sect
11-10-2011, 12:24 PM
CT follower here can confirm that at least FEAR entrance mobs are KOS to me on Beta.

Jigga
11-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Never heard of castle

Nirgon
11-10-2011, 01:11 PM
I usually like to get my gear from PoG and have that shit going into tov. Either that or spend those hard earned gems on Thurg armor... you pick.

PoHate revamp will be sweet. Iksars unite.

Softcore PK
11-10-2011, 02:07 PM
You should pick a deity for RP reasons, not something silly like faction or items :/

juicedsixfo
11-10-2011, 02:24 PM
You should pick a deity for RP reasons, not something silly like faction or items :/

I'm going warrior and picking Prexus and plan on pretending my rusty halberd is a golden trident, and I will constantly drink water while also handing some out to any of my thirsty group-goers, while referring to them as my trusty sea horses.

Lovely
11-10-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm going Agnostic for RP reasons

Samoht
11-10-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm going Agnostic for RP reasons

When does Imbued Platinum Fire Ring (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4988) come out? The only real RP choice for Wizards is Sol Ro unless you're RPing that you don't want to be a Wizard...

Muaar
11-10-2011, 04:15 PM

But I..... I caun't be a wizuhd! I'm Harry... Just Harry....

Lovely
11-10-2011, 04:28 PM
When does Imbued Platinum Fire Ring (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4988) come out? The only real RP choice for Wizards is Sol Ro unless you're RPing that you don't want to be a Wizard...

Hm that ring is pretty smexy. I'm also wondering when it comes out, anyone know?!

Softcore PK
11-10-2011, 04:57 PM

I think it's really interesting that high elf wizards can follow Quellious. That's what I would be :P

But I..... I caun't be a wizuhd! I'm Harry... Just Harry....

LOL <3 :)

Nirgon
11-10-2011, 05:19 PM
It's from Luclin era with the other racial stuff I believe. It's not Velious.

Atmas
11-10-2011, 05:40 PM
The earliest posts in the alla thread are from March of 01 so could it have been in Velious?

Palemoon
11-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Obviously diety choice also effects faction. And if Rogean can be convinced to have faction play SOME sort of role in the pvp enviornment regarding NPC assist, then diety choice can give you an edge (or protection) in certain areas vs. certain others.

And there are "caps" to faction, so in some places particular combos will hit a glass ceiling and not be able to advance their faction farther.

Of course if guards and NPCs have no regard for different faction levels when PvP is going on around them, then diety choice has a ton less meaning.

Still have my fingers crossed that faction will impact faction assist .. in some way.

stonetz
11-10-2011, 05:55 PM
The earliest posts in the alla thread are from March of 01 so could it have been in Velious?

Might have been or maybe it was showing up on test at that point, not sure.

Edit:
Only pre Luclin benefits I remember are not being KOS in places like Kael.
Also there was the root click neck for tunare (think that's original but it's hazy).
Other than that seemed pretty weak and pointless to pick a religion.

Nirgon
11-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Very true, religion would definitely help if NPC faction assist was implemented.

Samoht
11-10-2011, 06:20 PM
It's from Luclin era with the other racial stuff I believe. It's not Velious.

Racial trade skills existed before Luclin. It wasn't anything special, though. For example, the dwarven chain armour was basically the same stats as banded with 2 or 3 sv fire for each piece, 2 or 3 each dex/agi if you worshiped bristlebane (rogue) or 2 or 3 each str/stam if you worshiped brell

Softcore PK
11-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Obviously diety choice also effects faction. And if Rogean can be convinced to have faction play SOME sort of role in the pvp enviornment regarding NPC assist, then diety choice can give you an edge (or protection) in certain areas vs. certain others.

And there are "caps" to faction, so in some places particular combos will hit a glass ceiling and not be able to advance their faction farther.

Of course if guards and NPCs have no regard for different faction levels when PvP is going on around them, then diety choice has a ton less meaning.

Still have my fingers crossed that faction will impact faction assist .. in some way.

This! And if possible adding in faction hits for killing people in their hometowns would make it even better :)

Nirgon
11-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Racial trade skills existed before Luclin. It wasn't anything special, though. For example, the dwarven chain armour was basically the same stats as banded with 2 or 3 sv fire for each piece, 2 or 3 each dex/agi if you worshiped bristlebane (rogue) or 2 or 3 each str/stam if you worshiped brell

I meant the ring mentioned and the Rallos Zek religion only plate armor etc.

Samoht
11-10-2011, 06:46 PM
ring was clearly in the database before Luclin, sol ro or gtfo

Kelsar
11-10-2011, 07:57 PM
I thought it was originally only available to purchase (imbue fire opal) when the Ragefire vendor was up in sol b... was a bit shocked to see it's sold in Freeport. That also means it was definitely way before velious. If it's not sol ro era, it's day 1 kunark.

Aesop
11-11-2011, 02:39 AM
Don't think so, but a few fail PvP servers I was proud to dominate had this feature and I just so happened to be CT or have a CT alt... fun.
Castle never dominated anything except maybe in his own head lol.

Korisek
11-11-2011, 03:50 AM
I wouldn't mind if any of the custom content coming after Velious focused on making religion actually mean something more in Norrath.

Deity-specific quest lines would be cool, as well as deity-specific spells, in addition to diety-specific gear.

Kain
11-11-2011, 04:46 AM
Iksars who follow Cazic Thule con warmly or amiably I believe but basically non KOS.

The rest of the planar mobs will be KOS to them.

I don't believe the first children the Trolls share the same love from their daddy.

Can you blame the guy for making such hideous children on his first try? The dude doesn't even have a face.

Gnar
11-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Iksars who follow Cazic Thule con warmly or amiably I believe but basically non KOS.

in fear?