PDA

View Full Version : Plugging Theory

Kain
11-10-2011, 06:19 AM
I noticed most pluggers I see are those playing melee classes. Had a guy plug on me today and he was out in 3-5 seconds (Fast!)

Then I noticed I had trouble killing casters because they would just gate.

So Plugging=Melee Gate!

Tombom
11-10-2011, 06:23 AM
well done prof. kain, you finally figured out that i'd rather plug and log back in 5 minutes than spend 20 minutes running from bind to loot my corpse.

Lovely
11-10-2011, 07:15 AM
It's not 3-5 seconds, it's always much longer then that.

C5BAMF
11-10-2011, 10:54 AM
just after 2 minutes in the video, /q lasted roughly 17 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/user/C5BAMF#p/u/2/6fh3sXCn_jE

am I wrong thinking it was longer on live though? closer to 60 seconds at least?

Kain
11-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Hey when Lulznemesis plugged on me he was gone in 5 seconds at most. I had time for one bash lol.

Lovely
11-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Feels a bit fast. It should be around 30 seconds imo!

Tamiah2011
11-11-2011, 08:59 AM
I feel if you unplug you should be left in LD stat for 30 mins, so everyone can rap your arse.

Vile
11-11-2011, 10:21 AM

am I wrong thinking it was longer on live though? closer to 60 seconds at least?

wow... thats horrible.

this absolutely needs to be fixed ASAP.

Lasher
11-11-2011, 10:26 AM
if you plug or /q and you are engaged i think should stay in game for a while, if not engage then should drop in like 30 sec

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Who gives a rats ass about plugging. I channeled gate with the entire Heresy guild attacking my naked shaman mule in Fear MULTIPLE TIMES. Gating in the middle of fights is way worse than plugging.

Vile
11-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Who gives a rats ass about plugging. I channeled gate with the entire Heresy guild attacking my naked shaman mule in Fear MULTIPLE TIMES. Gating in the middle of fights is way worse than plugging.

So you're saying the fact that a caster can cast gate and channel it while being attacked, makes it ok for a melee in the same situation you described (where he'd die 100% of the time), should be able to /q and not die, just because a caster can channel and get their gate off?

We're not talking about your basic plugging at a zoneline here, if you watch the video, this melee /q out in the open, fought back as LD status for a few seconds, then poofed.

Harrison
11-11-2011, 02:08 PM

Because evidence from shitty vztz code is relevant here, right?

Shut the fuck up.

Plugging is an exploit that needs to be fixed to prevent pussies from dodging fights with no repercussions.

juicedsixfo
11-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Hey when Lulznemesis plugged on me he was gone in 5 seconds at most. I had time for one bash lol.

I've ran into Lulznemesis like three times and every time he goes instant fucking /q and he's out in 5 seconds.

valithteezee
11-11-2011, 02:21 PM
I've ran into Lulznemesis like three times and every time he goes instant fucking /q and he's out in 5 seconds.

Yes. Devs fix this please. I'm pretty sure that's why the reconnect to the server is so fast but it needs at least a 60 second timer.

juicedsixfo
11-11-2011, 02:32 PM
As a melee, I understand the need to escape a gank – and making it to the zone line and plugging is one way – but /q shouldn't just be a quicker version of /camp where you can stand up and still take damage.

Kain
11-11-2011, 06:27 PM
I just used it myself today, I was logging on my druid to test UI changes because I had no spell icons.

Looks like I'm mezzed instantly, I quickly explain the situation and /q

So much better than spending time on cr memming spells when I'm trying to get technical issues out of the way.

Nune
11-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Because evidence from shitty vztz code is relevant here, right?

Shut the fuck up.

Plugging is an exploit that needs to be fixed to prevent pussies from dodging fights with no repercussions.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/killXsmile/harrison.jpg

Chronoburn
11-11-2011, 06:51 PM
If you plug while zoning, your char should not appear on the other zone side. At least it was like this on live.

Also, if you /q or go LD during a fight, your character should not drop until the engagement/agro is over/gone. This was how it was on live.

I remember fighting LD warriors and typically the LD combatant was a harder fight.

This /q shit is completely wrong, it should be fixed.

Truth
11-11-2011, 06:53 PM

Looks like you got outplayed.

Plugging is classic we can't pick and choose people so ffs: stop whining. -ahnold :cool:

juicedsixfo
11-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Looks like Amberlamp basically trolled you for two minutes lol

C5BAMF
11-13-2011, 11:47 PM

Or i just never burned HT to finish him because I didn't take the fight seriously in the first place.

Needless to say, plugging should be addressed.

Bazia
11-13-2011, 11:53 PM

No, looks like Amberlamp is a fucking terrible player and /q'd after getting raped because they have no fucking pride.

Werksan
11-14-2011, 12:39 AM
No, looks like Amberlamp is a fucking terrible player and /q'd after getting raped because they have no fucking pride.

you're such a scrub. Pride? lulz. The point isn't an SK "raping" a green con warrior.

Yes this should be addressed b4 launch.