PDA

View Full Version : Mage Pet Self Sustaining?

Kain
11-10-2011, 05:57 AM
I was trying to kill a mage and he happened to zone from Ro to EC tunnels. Looks like his pet didn't zone with him.

Then he just went back to Ro from EC and I chased him. I zone first and what do I see?

His Earth Pet just chillin. Huh? I don't recall this in classic, hows this work?

Lovely
11-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Probably a graphical bug on your part and if not then it was a bug. Wrong forum either way.

Blingx
11-10-2011, 12:24 PM
I know during classic on Rallos Zek there was a way for 'rogue' pets to exist. Meaning they had no master and were KOS to everyone. The exact method for this to occur I forget, prolly had something to do with charm or fear and zoning.

Anyway I don't think this can happen on the beta server at all though it would be fun. I recall a time a mage let his high level earth pet go rogue at the nek/ec zone line in EC. Lowbie corpses piled high that day.

nilbog
11-10-2011, 12:47 PM
I know during classic on Rallos Zek there was a way for 'rogue' pets to exist. Meaning they had no master and were KOS to everyone. The exact method for this to occur I forget, prolly had something to do with charm or fear and zoning.

Anyway I don't think this can happen on the beta server at all though it would be fun. I recall a time a mage let his high level earth pet go rogue at the nek/ec zone line in EC. Lowbie corpses piled high that day.

There were two different classic ways I know pets could become aggro NPCs.

If a group member begged your pet, and you went LD, your pet would become a kos npc.

If an npc charmed your pet, it would persist as that npc's pet and never break. Example, I remember in Cobalt Scar my pet range aggroing a siren before I did. It charmed the pet. As a mage without a pet, I ran to the zone. When I can back through, it still had the pet, and kept it for a day or two.

I'm sure there are other ways it worked on eqlive, but I do not believe any of them are intentionally working on p99.

Nirgon
11-10-2011, 01:25 PM
For a while you could hit your pet and it would turn on you and become kos and stick around. This was removed for reasons of obvious abuse. The pet would hit for unmitigated pvp damage, proc summoned swords on you etc..

The necro pet would even assist other skeletons if they were attacked nearby.