PDA

View Full Version : Experience Rate

Albane
11-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Sorry if this is already listed somewhere, but I read the stickies and searched the PvP forums and found nothing definitive about the live experience rates.

I know the experience rate is currently 10x normal to allow for better testing, and I am guessing it will be dropped significantly for the games release.

What I would like to know is, what will the experience rate be on the release of November 18th? Will it be at least 2x, or will it be the classic rate?

While I can understand that many people feel the classic rate is fine, I really hope the rate is increased to at least 2x what classic was. My reasons for this are listed below, and come from experience playing MMORPGs since MUD days.

- Grinding 5 hours for 1 level does nothing for player skill. True skill comes at max level. 2 hours per level is plenty of a grind, especially considering it takes 4-5 levels between skill upgrades and there are still "Hell" levels.

- We have all gotten older and our RL responsibilities have increased since 1999. I am no longer a single college student whose only responsibility is to wake up at noon for a couple classes.

- This server is never going to be 1/4 as popular as the game was on release. We need to keep people playing as much as possible and we need to try and get new people to try this server out. A PvP server with a small population is not going to be much fun. In the end, a server with a 12 day played exp grind to reach level 50, will end up being 1 guild doing end game and no PvP competition.

- Sadly, we have all been exposed to games with content prior to end game. Whether it was a story line, quests, or dungeons worth grouping for. Everquest has nothing going for it from level 1-49. The gear is worthless, the quests are too rare and give worthless xp, and the storyline is non-existent. The only thing that sounds like fun is running around with friends and doing world PvP. Being forced to skip out on PvP so I can sit around killing Treants for another 20 hours to get my new spells, sounds like torture, not like a game.

Palemoon
11-09-2011, 01:25 PM
It will be the same rate that current blue99 has. We are all here on this emu because of the slow xp/no boxing etc. We enjoy the journey and the true investment in ones character.

But dont fear, for those that do want and need faster XP, almost every other game currently in existence offers that, so you have plenty of options.

p.s.

The only thing that sounds like fun is running around with friends and doing world PvP.

Without slow leveling, there would be no world pvp.

p.p.s. the slow xp is even more important here on the pvp server than it is on blue, because of what you said. Instead of just logging in and being instant max level so you can run around attacking people at random, the server's slow xp forces you to come to grips with the rest of the community beyond seeing them as passing gibs.

Run past somefolks in Qeynos hills and you and your friends kill them for the lulz? Now you have to deal with them attacking you while you grind for a few weeks in the karanas.

Slow xp and time invested into your character = a better community

jrwriter
11-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Exp rate will be normal

Albane
11-09-2011, 01:33 PM
It will be the same rate that current blue99 has. We are all here on this emu because of the slow xp/no boxing etc. We enjoy the journey and the true investment in ones character.

But dont fear, for those that do want and need faster XP, almost every other game currently in existence offers that, so you have plenty of options.

p.s.

Without slow leveling, there would be no world pvp.

p.p.s. the slow xp is even more important here on the pvp server than it is on blue, because of what you said. Instead of just logging in and being instant max level so you can run around attacking people at random, the server's slow xp forces you to come to grips with the rest of the community beyond seeing them as passing gibs.

Run past somefolks in Qeynos hills and you and your friends kill them for the lulz? Now you have to deal with them attacking you while you grind for a few weeks in the karanas.

Slow xp and time invested into your character = a better community

ps. World PvP takes place at level 50, it just takes place in less zones, meaning more of it.

pps. 6 days grinding xp is not instant max level. It is reasonable, especially when you consider how much goes into getting gear after reaching level 50.

Slow xp and time invested in an EMU = no community.

Cymbal
11-09-2011, 01:35 PM
your playing this server for the wrong reasons brah

nilbog
11-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Slow xp and time invested in an EMU = no community.

Because p99 was the least populated emu...

nilbog
11-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Anyways, exp will be normal. If it receives any increase, it will be minor.

This was one of the huge arguments prior to p99 launching. I didn't listen to it then, and proceeded onward. My experience since that time has shown I made the correct decision.

Krypt
11-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I don't think slightly faster to compensate for the inherent difficulties of a pvp server vs a blue server is a bad thing per se but for me its not really the end of the world.

Your arguments are just bad.

Crenshinabon
11-09-2011, 01:50 PM
keep it classic baby.
If you wanted faster xp, you should have played one of the dozens of fail boxes that were open in the past few years with a population of 50-90.

Nirgon
11-09-2011, 01:51 PM
I'd consider the xp loss thing only kicking in maybe after a certain level broseph. People tightly packed in the newbie areas is gonna be seeing some delvlin'.

Albane
11-09-2011, 01:57 PM
keep it classic baby.
If you wanted faster xp, you should have played one of the dozens of fail boxes that were open in the past few years with a population of 50-90.

I like the idea of classic EQ. I quit the game shortly after Luclin, and my favorite memories are from the PvP in Lavastorm and Sol B. But I don't have the time to invest in this game that I had when I was younger.

To compare P99 Blue to P99 Red is moronic. There were 30+ blue servers and 3 PvP servers in Classic EQ. If you want to compare Red to Blue, then you have to expect this server to have 10% the population of P99 Blue.

I see that I am the minority and will not bother arguing my point further. I hope you guys all enjoy your server and find the PvP that made EQ memorable.

Rushmore
11-09-2011, 01:58 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsFFMHqs8IPP0EhWcyeHqdU45bQ3rI_ uZOC7phz0ERZziWeQvg7d_isf2m

Korisek
11-09-2011, 02:03 PM
- Sadly, we have all been exposed to games with content prior to end game. Whether it was a story line, quests, or dungeons worth grouping for. Everquest has nothing going for it from level 1-49. The gear is worthless, the quests are too rare and give worthless xp, and the storyline is non-existent.

We are not playing the same game apparently.

Lulz Sect
11-09-2011, 02:06 PM
so much wisdom in this thread or ima oldfg nostalgn

Lovely
11-09-2011, 02:06 PM
We are here because we want the Classic experience. If you want boosted EXP and other shit then I suggest another Emulator my friend.

Do not increase the experience!!

mitic
11-09-2011, 02:27 PM
just get rid of hybrid exp penalty, imo.

Softcore PK
11-09-2011, 02:31 PM
My vote is for giving ogres and dwarves an extra 50% exp penalty ;)

Eldaran
11-09-2011, 02:43 PM
We are not playing the same game apparently.

Kain
11-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Thoughts on Hybrid Penalty by ability and power.

SK-HT is powerful, and they get pretty strong late game.
Keep Penalty ^

Paladin-LOH, Group healing and on pretty much on Par with SK.
Keep Penalty ^

Bard-Best PVP class, can literally do everything except solo dungeon bosses. Actually
has an option not to die. Wrist might hurt for some.
Raise Penalty ^

Ranger-Has track, loses DPS if casting weak nukes and has poor heals. Bow is a joke. Can be OP with Mistwalker and Sky gear.
Lower Penalty ^

In the end, my ideas aren't "classic" and just my humble opinion.

Nirgon
11-09-2011, 03:44 PM
No custom changes :P.

SearyxTZ
11-09-2011, 03:45 PM

This was one of the huge arguments prior to p99 launching. I didn't listen to it then, and proceeded onward. My experience since that time has shown I made the correct decision.

I think you're right on this, even though I'm going to absolutely hate it personally (I don't have near as much time to play as I used to).

It does keep people playing longer, and there is something to be said about the "investment in your character".

I played a lot on the fast exp red servers and they were very short-term in scope. They skipped a massive chunk of the game + an integral part of the overall experience. The economy suffers because there's no real market for low level items. Nobody goes to zones like Unrest or Solusek A or the Karanas. "Mid level PvP" doesn't even exist. Etc.

I do, however, wholeheartedly agree that the hybrid exp penalty is fucking retarded + should be removed. It would make sense if those classes were stronger than the ones that level at a normal rate, but they aren't. In fact, Rangers are pretty horrible. It really shouldn't be in the game and I don't think anyone can put forth a compelling argument to keep that "classic" feature.

mitic
11-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Thoughts on Hybrid Penalty by ability and power.

SK-HT is powerful, and they get pretty strong late game.
Keep Penalty ^

Paladin-LOH, Group healing and on pretty much on Par with SK.
Keep Penalty ^

Bard-Best PVP class, can literally do everything except solo dungeon bosses. Actually
has an option not to die. Wrist might hurt for some.
Raise Penalty ^

Ranger-Has track, loses DPS if casting weak nukes and has poor heals. Bow is a joke. Can be OP with Mistwalker and Sky gear.
Lower Penalty ^

In the end, my ideas aren't "classic" and just my humble opinion.

HT and LOH is nice but certainly not a reason to keep the penalty

rangers suck overal so there is no need for a penalty there

bard, yes, bards are OP, especialy in pvp but then again, mages and necros are op too

penalties have been one of verants worst decisions back the day

Pfap
11-09-2011, 04:21 PM
I know the experience rate is currently 10x normal to allow for better testing, and I am guessing it will be dropped significantly for the games release.

I know the experience rate is currently 10x

experience rate is currently 10x

10x

I am guessing it will be dropped significantly for the games release.

Gonna throw out a total random guess and say that the exp will be 10 times slower then on beta and that is the way it should be, screw leveling up every class to max lvl in a week aka VZTZ, pick a class and stick with it.

Crenshinabon
11-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Penalties are there simply because the class/race can level faster than another.
Trolls and ogres are clearly more powerful than the smaller races and hence will kill shit faster and have a small xp penatly.
Paladins / SKs/ Rangers / Bards will all kill mobs 10 times faster and have a LOT less downtime than a pure melee class.
It makes sense.
Now all the pet classes get a xp penalty with their pets taking xp.
So it seems the most fair than it has ever been.

lindz
11-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Yes because a paladin xps faster than a druid. They totally need to get 40% less xp...

That was the original logic yes, but they realized it was retarded later on and removed the hybrid penalties. This was however not in the P99 timeline so we won't see it.

Lasher
11-09-2011, 04:45 PM
penalty is there because its taken from D&D. Your logic on them lvling faster is not sound since almost all casters will lvl faster and do not share similar exp penalty

Sarkov
11-09-2011, 04:50 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing a slight xp boost to compensate for xp loss from pvp death, like Sullon Zek.

Or make pvp xp death rezzable, again like Sullon Zek.

But, that's a minor nitpick. Certainly I do not want faster XP than blue99. Nilbog's instincts are +++.

Lovely
11-09-2011, 05:03 PM
HT and LOH is nice but certainly not a reason to keep the penalty

rangers suck overal so there is no need for a penalty there

bard, yes, bards are OP, especialy in pvp but then again, mages and necros are op too

penalties have been one of verants worst decisions back the day

Ill be glad to take the penalty on my monk and wizard for a LOH or HT abilitiy, Id even take a 100% reduction without complains.

Greenkrak
11-09-2011, 05:04 PM
casters get 10% xp penalty

FACT

Bazia
11-09-2011, 05:26 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsFFMHqs8IPP0EhWcyeHqdU45bQ3rI_ uZOC7phz0ERZziWeQvg7d_isf2m

Nirgon
11-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Ill be glad to take the penalty on my monk and wizard for a LOH or HT abilitiy, Id even take a 100% reduction without complains.

What's a mend

SearyxTZ
11-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Bards are OP?

Not in the slightest, certainly not in old world. They kill slower than Clerics and won't scratch anyone with 80+ resists. They are one of the weakest classes for indoors pvp. I never died to Bards on live, even the geared ones in PDM. I could run all the way across Dreadlands before they had my HPs in any real danger with their annoying DoT chants.

Bottom line: the game was never really balanced around these penalties. A paladin sure as shit isn't leveling 30% faster than a Monk or Necro or Druid. 30% slower maybe, and with no exp penalty.

Envious
11-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Too bad there is no remorting...

Always wanted that in an MMO.

Either way, penalties are good IMO.

Sks and pallies hold aggro much easier, so they are preferable to some extent.

Rangers end up pretty boss, so that's legit.

Bars kiting is retarded, they need a 100% penalty IMO.

It makes sense when I think about grouping.

mitic
11-09-2011, 05:53 PM
slow, snare, mezz, selfresists, chants, charm, selos, heal... bards are op, specialy in pvp

Nirgon
11-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah some classes are really powerful in pvp. Great. We're not changing class specifics. If it's so powerful, play one.

Rykk
11-09-2011, 05:59 PM
actually one thing I would like to see changed is hybrids in a group causing exp penalties....or did they decide to get rid of that already?

Envious
11-09-2011, 06:18 PM
actually one thing I would like to see changed is hybrids in a group causing exp penalties....or did they decide to get rid of that already?

Nah, and shouldn't.

It's the only reason people will group warriors etc

Greenkrak
11-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Bards are OP?

Not in the slightest, certainly not in old world. They kill slower than Clerics and won't scratch anyone with 80+ resists. They are one of the weakest classes for indoors pvp. I never died to Bards on live, even the geared ones in PDM. I could run all the way across Dreadlands before they had my HPs in any real danger with their annoying DoT chants.

Bottom line: the game was never really balanced around these penalties. A paladin sure as shit isn't leveling 30% faster than a Monk or Necro or Druid. 30% slower maybe, and with no exp penalty.

obviously u havent playd on beta because legit bards are easily landing mez (on 120+ MR) and their fire n ice dots do pretty dam good damage/ and almost never resisted - this with being lvl 50 with gear n shit

the Hit n Run bard is ownin purty much everyone right now/ dot and range jousting ftw im seein bards easily handle 1v2 1v3 situations without breakin a sweat

indoors yea u can kill em

Lulz Sect
11-09-2011, 07:09 PM
bards pwn me but then again im nub

Palemoon
11-09-2011, 07:16 PM

Yeah this is the only part that really bugs me (and the main reason the xp penalties got dropped , once word got out the hybrids was sucking up everyone elses xp and being shunned).

I dont mind leveling slower, but I hate to "burden" my group with my penalty. Feeling like a charity case, unloading my xp penalty on them.

Anyways, this will be a different story on red. If you shun that SK, expect a HT :)

Mardur
11-09-2011, 07:53 PM
I leveled a char to 50 and nearly 57 on P99; I'm really fucking sick of grinding and even I wouldn't touch the exp rate for Red99.

It just makes the game more enjoyable.

Nirgon
11-09-2011, 08:08 PM
There's pvp with the grinding on this one.

Salty
11-09-2011, 08:13 PM
2 boxing should be allowed with the slow rates later on if pop slunks to 70.

Palemoon
11-09-2011, 08:19 PM
2 boxing should be allowed with the slow rates later on if pop slunks to 70.

Then I and many others will leave and it will be you 2 boxing with 15 others.

Kain
11-09-2011, 08:36 PM
No 2 box! I am all for two different people in the same household.

SearyxTZ
11-09-2011, 08:42 PM
obviously u havent playd on beta because legit bards are easily landing mez (on 120+ MR) and their fire n ice dots do pretty dam good damage/ and almost never resisted - this with being lvl 50 with gear n shit

the Hit n Run bard is ownin purty much everyone right now/ dot and range jousting ftw im seein bards easily handle 1v2 1v3 situations without breakin a sweat

No I haven't. I'm basing this off EQlive which this is supposed to be emulating.

On live that mez shit NEVER landed. They would have to try to land the -MR chant to even have a shot at it getting through.

Kain
11-09-2011, 08:50 PM
I played a pvp server on live for a little bit, and at lvl 6 or so I'd constantly get killed by a 50 bard in gfay starting area.

I probably died to this guy at least 20+ times, and not once was I mezz chained, and I'm kind of surprised since the guy's whole purpose was to grief anyhow.

Perhaps it lends Searyx some credit regarding the situation on live back then.

zixxer
11-09-2011, 09:04 PM

Make it slower imo

DarthPeon
11-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Bards are OP?

I can confirm what this guy is saying. Anyone thinking bards are op has not been in this beta testing the class. Their songs are constantly resisted vs anyone with 80-100 mr and given that snare/stuns land way more commonly than you recall they are not going to be harassing anything worth a damn outside.

Even twisting full resists, shm buffs - cc lands often on a bard dancing around. Solo they are dead fast.

Practically the worst class inside dungeons as well.

slow, snare, mezz, selfresists, chants, charm, selos, heal... bards are op, specialy in pvp

You're in for a surprise. Did you level a bard in beta and test all the above across a range of levels?

I did - and it's not pretty. You will be CCed trying to dip in and harass way too easily regardless of your resists.

DarthPeon
11-10-2011, 12:44 AM

I'm sorry, but you are full of shit. What is your bards name in beta? Come and try to own our group in ec 1v3 or any group for that matter and post your screenshot. You can find people sitting at the ec/fp line 24/7 looking for pvp.

Try to do it 1v1 even vs a rooting/stunning class.

Doubt you even played a bard in this iteration.

Pyronost
11-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Hey man, hes got his insta50 bard with full lewts man. He knows all about bard bro. You should come at him bro.

kprobe
11-10-2011, 04:32 AM
I'm sorry, but you are full of shit. What is your bards name in beta? Come and try to own our group in ec 1v3 or any group for that matter and post your screenshot. You can find people sitting at the ec/fp line 24/7 looking for pvp.

Try to do it 1v1 even vs a rooting/stunning class.

Doubt you even played a bard in this iteration.

Actually, no, this (1v3) is doable. Has been done, I'm Phantom.

A bard doing the right things will range abuse properly and you'll nearly never land a spell.

Pre-patch the bard could shrug off an entire mana bar of wiz nukes, needless to say that is no longer the case; hence why range abuse will become their main tactic.

Indoors is a whole different story, we can chain mez you, but if you have the right clickies, it's a short-lived abuse and bards will be dead.

Tip: fight them in dungeons.

DarthPeon
11-10-2011, 04:54 AM
Actually, no, this (1v3) is doable. Has been done, I'm Phantom.

A bard doing the right things will range abuse properly and you'll nearly never land a spell.

Pre-patch the bard could shrug off an entire mana bar of wiz nukes, needless to say that is no longer the case; hence why range abuse will become their main tactic.

Indoors is a whole different story, we can chain mez you, but if you have the right clickies, it's a short-lived abuse and bards will be dead.

Tip: fight them in dungeons.

Ok Phantom, please go ahead and post your screen shot taking out a rooting/stunning group of 3 players, or any proficient solo stunning class played by a proper player.

With stun landing 59% of the time against 150mr (directly from the developers numbers and in line with my experience), what are you going to range abuse exactly? Perhaps you intend on twisting a resist combo pack and wooing them to death...

You come in to chant, and you will eventually get hit by a 1.5 second cast of similar range. Within the first 1-5 dips you will be stunned, you will be gang raped.

Bottom line, you may not have run across anyone trying to actively stun you yet. Look I'm not for or against bards, but don't mislead the masses. People have the right to make informed decisions.

Anyways this thread is way off topic, cheers.

kprobe
11-10-2011, 06:08 AM
Ok Phantom, please go ahead and post your screen shot taking out a rooting/stunning group of 3 players, or any proficient solo stunning class played by a proper player.

With stun landing 59% of the time against 150mr (directly from the developers numbers and in line with my experience), what are you going to range abuse exactly? Perhaps you intend on twisting a resist combo pack and wooing them to death...

You come in to chant, and you will eventually get hit by a 1.5 second cast of similar range. Within the first 1-5 dips you will be stunned, you will be gang raped.

Bottom line, you may not have run across anyone trying to actively stun you yet. Look I'm not for or against bards, but don't mislead the masses. People have the right to make informed decisions.

Anyways this thread is way off topic, cheers.

There were rooting classes/snare classes (druids/sks; also some paladins but those were pre-patch and couldn't land anything), and they couldn't land snares/roots on me consistently. Cleric/Pally stuns last 4 seconds at best, in that time you have to be able to close 200 range, doable, but every time?

I typically have an MR in the 190 range, 230 if I'm paranoid. It significantly changes things.

I'm not saying its fool proof, but its doable at the current state of mechanics.

As said, bards have counters, mainly where selo's isn't viable(indoors), nukes landing, having a lot of good clickies or generally catching them offguard, but people thinking its like back in live where Tuyen's chants were hard to land will be in for a surprise, you're looking at 98-131 pvp dot's with safe resist and selo's twisting and a peak 5-dot twist of 264 in PVE at 50 with naggy drums (not ever gonna be useful in pvp though, too short range).

Agreed offtopic, but people should indeed be informed and know what to expect.

DarthPeon
11-10-2011, 07:03 AM
There were rooting classes/snare classes (druids/sks; also some paladins but those were pre-patch and couldn't land anything), and they couldn't land snares/roots on me consistently. Cleric/Pally stuns last 4 seconds at best, in that time you have to be able to close 200 range, doable, but every time?

I typically have an MR in the 190 range, 230 if I'm paranoid. It significantly changes things.

I'm not saying its fool proof, but its doable at the current state of mechanics.

As said, bards have counters, mainly where selo's isn't viable(indoors), nukes landing, having a lot of good clickies or generally catching them offguard, but people thinking its like back in live where Tuyen's chants were hard to land will be in for a surprise, you're looking at 98-131 pvp dot's with safe resist and selo's twisting and a peak 5-dot twist of 264 in PVE at 50 with naggy drums (not ever gonna be useful in pvp though, too short range).

Agreed offtopic, but people should indeed be informed and know what to expect.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt to bow out with your dignity, but one last time...

You're either twisting your resists to 200+ OR chanting them down with your "98-131" dps assumption while dipping in and out with selos. Which is it champ?

Apparently you (and only you in your dreams) can twist unlimited resist songs, keep up selos after you are stunned, perhaps even clear off any dots on yourself and continue chanting them down with 3 dots... :rolleyes:

And if that wasn't enough you admit to not running into a stun in the current patch iteration. Your 190MR = 66% stun res only.

You should not have been commenting on something you don't know, but good attempt at deflecting with some non-sense about pve in relation to what we are discussing. I'm done with this thread.

Lovely
11-10-2011, 07:16 AM
I thought this thread was about experience rates :D

SearyxTZ
11-10-2011, 07:17 AM

230 MR..... right, well - let me know when most Bards are running around with that much during classic era.

Until then you get conflag'd for 60% of your hp and then book it to the unpopulated part of South Karana with selo's.

Keep in mind that that most of the big dog PvP in classic takes place in Lower Guk and Solusek B. The outdoor zones (Fear/Hate) are too agro for Bards to take advantage of.

Maybe my opinion is skewed but in Kunark I could nearly outregen most bard damage on my ikky monk.

This isn't to say that Bards suck - they're impossible to kill outdoors and will give casters a rough time if they're prepared for it + pick off the occasional undergeared melee. If this is classic EQ PvP though then they don't go beyond that. I haven't been playing the beta but you should not be able to chain the mez song on someone in PvP. That wasn't doable on live against anyone with a moderate amount of MR.

Muaar
11-10-2011, 10:58 AM
I think Classic would be best as long as this server is gonna be around forever. 2x wouldn't be server ruining but it's 2x faster, not classic. Pretty sure they will never consider changing it seeing how well blue99 has done.

kprobe
11-10-2011, 11:31 AM
I gave you the benefit of the doubt to bow out with your dignity, but one last time...

You're either twisting your resists to 200+ OR chanting them down with your "98-131" dps assumption while dipping in and out with selos. Which is it champ?

Apparently you (and only you in your dreams) can twist unlimited resist songs, keep up selos after you are stunned, perhaps even clear off any dots on yourself and continue chanting them down with 3 dots... :rolleyes:

And if that wasn't enough you admit to not running into a stun in the current patch iteration. Your 190MR = 66% stun res only.

You should not have been commenting on something you don't know, but good attempt at deflecting with some non-sense about pve in relation to what we are discussing. I'm done with this thread.

Dots have 4 ticks, which means you can 5-twist them, 98 pvp dpt is from 2 dots and you twist resist and selos on top of that, bringing to total of 4, this is standard. If you're not concerned with them closing 200 gap, you can swap out selos OR resists for another 32dpt, or what I usually do is cycle targets and keep 2 dots up on them while keeping selos up with the risk of eating a quick cast.

Again stuns are short duration and you have to be able to close a 200 rng gap in that time, if it wears off the bard has anywhere between 0-9sec left on selos. Roots/snares take all of 3 seconds to dispell, jboots and off you go.

You can still keep up 2 dots and 2 resists and selos if you alternate dots every round (it will drop down dps if you miss a note/etc), not standard but if you're a decent bard its doable.

If you played a bard right, you would know all this.

230 MR..... right, well - let me know when most Bards are running around with that much during classic era.

I run currently with 91 innate(a druid buff could bring it up to 135), twist in elemental or purifying you're up to 162 then if you really need it you can top it off with guardian giving you 233. This is classic with Naggy drums.

I expect these to be much lower on live due to this being top-tier classic gear, but you get the idea.

Back on-topic: keep experience rate classic or classic+20% IMHO.

edit: had to revise resist numbers once I confirmed. I typically run with elemental/purifying with an MR buff so 202 mr rather than 190ish.

Gravy
11-10-2011, 12:30 PM
All in all, the types of players that actually stick out the classic xp rates are going to be a higher quality of player. Isnt that what were looking for? Id rather have a lower population server with some competition than a huge epeen fest with people who didnt even learn how to play their class because they le eled them to max in 5 days.

Nirgon
11-10-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't think you're prepared to realize how low the population of pvp servers can go/has gone and you'd regret that statement later.

Albane
11-10-2011, 01:31 PM
I think Classic would be best as long as this server is gonna be around forever. 2x wouldn't be server ruining but it's 2x faster, not classic. Pretty sure they will never consider changing it seeing how well blue99 has done.

Can someone argue the point than in Classic EQ there were 10x more servers for Blue players than Red. Blue does good as a single server, because there are more people interested in farming mobs than PvP. This is a PvP server, so the population will be much much smaller than Blue99.

valithteezee
11-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Fact: Bards are the best outdoor PVP Class.
Fact: If you are getting killed as a bard outdoors you are doing something wrong.
Fact: Bard chants are landing on 120+ CR/FR resist

FAQ: Can bards deal damage slowly to players without ever being hit once, or be in range of a spell to land.

A: Yes. A bard is known to slowly dwindle it's target down without it ever being able to scratch them.

FAQ: Are bards useless indoors?

A. No. Bards, if played right can charm mobs indoors and use it against their foe! If played right, they can stack buffs on the mob so that even dispelling the creature will not break the charm!

Seriously, how can you argue these points?

A bard can chain dispell all of your buffs off, dot you, and run around completely safe. I'm not complaining but this is the way it's always been. It's no different on this beta. I was getting chizzled down to 60% and couldn't even land a spell or get into melee range and I was self buffed as a shammy. Save me the bard sob stories because if you are dying as a bard you need to step your game up.

Sarkov
11-10-2011, 02:01 PM
In this thread, we continue to debate for pages about something Nilbog already clearly stated policy on.

Also,

Fact: Dicks.

1x XP >>>>>

Nirgon
11-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Uh no, you can kill bards really easily before they get magic resist.

stonetz
11-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Bards: Fighting bards sucks, also gayest class there is. It's embarrassing to get killed by a sparkling blur named "tootles twonote" I'd play one but it's like floating around someone and pinching them until they die, not my idea of fun. In bard PVP there's no massive deathblow, it's just slowly sucking their will to live.

Experience: If it's hard and slow to level up then people may also be less likely to hack / break other rules that would get them banned.

Nune
11-10-2011, 03:56 PM
I think the biggest oversight(s) being made here is that:

a) This game is 10+ years old. If you're here, odds are you played EQ live during the 99 era so you know what you're getting into. We all signed up to play this, so what's the mystery? Leveling sucks and is slow, but being able to kill people while you do it = win.

b) Be careful what you wish for. On a CLASSIC server, there's not a lot of gear to be had nor are there a lot of places for you to camp it. If everyone's 50 in a week, the ones with no life and like company will run everything. Look what happened to TZVZ.. Rexx and the moms basement crew had twice the gear of 90% of the server and though I had a lot of fun battling it out with the Heresy folks (most of you are complete morons, but good EQ PvP players), most people didn't enjoy getting killed, CR, followed to zone line, zone, get killed at that zone line, cr, etc.. over and over. No buffbots, no ez mode leveling will equate to a longer road to 50 and gear, thusly letting people PvP and get better over a long period of time, which I think is why most of us came to play. Just my 2cp