PDA

View Full Version : Spell file from Setup guide - classic spell icons

Telstar
04-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Does anyone know how to replace the classic spell icons that display when you use the spell file from the setup guide with the spell icons that look more advanced and each looks different then the old classic very low quality icons

mixxit
04-06-2010, 12:21 AM
hey telstar can you rephrase that for me i can barely understand you! :-)

grindle
04-06-2010, 10:00 AM
He (if I'm correct) wants to replace the spell icons from the setup guide with a set of spell icons that are higher quality and more distinct ones. I also have wondered if this is possible, when i try to replace the spell icons they end up garbled and the spells wont match the icon. If anyone knows how to fix this please let us know.

mixxit
04-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks!

The client opens up the TGA files and grabs each image in a box by making use of co-ordinates.

Because the client spell files are in different co-ordinates in the older version, the client will look at the new version and pull them from the same positions.

The quickest fix around this is to open the spell gem files for your new version and move everything into the position it should be in. If someone could do this and share it on the forum i'm sure many would find it helpful!

guineapig
04-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks!

The client opens up the TGA files and grabs each image in a box by making use of co-ordinates.

Because the client spell files are in different co-ordinates in the older version, the client will look at the new version and pull them from the same positions.

The quickest fix around this is to open the spell gem files for your new version and move everything into the position it should be in. If someone could do this and share it on the forum i'm sure many would find it helpful!

This sounds like a lot of work.... :(
On second thought I love the old icons! :p

FatMagic
04-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Which ones does the Titanium client have by default? The old ones right? I can't remember now.

Malrubius
04-06-2010, 02:58 PM
I believe the Titanium ones are newer. P1999 setup files contain the old ones (which I personally prefer, being an old-school kinda feller).

SoW == big ugly boot, ftw!

That said, I think you *can* get the newer ones, but I'm not sure exactly how it would be done.

FatMagic
04-06-2010, 03:11 PM
OK I think I have the old icons then :)

mitic
04-06-2010, 04:40 PM
i would pay if someone would fix this!

Malrubius
04-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Fix what??