PDA

View Full Version : Top Issue Before Release

Knuckle
11-08-2011, 04:00 PM
With the increased power of Casters against high resist opponents it is critical to have AC properly increase mitigation before release. Right now the pure melee classes which are arguably the weakest classes in classic, are now even weaker than what live was like because AC does not provide increased mitigation. This is going to make leveling even more challenging, and makes them far weaker than they should be in PVP combat because they will suffer the same damage as a cloth class from pets or melee classes.

I don't particularly care to argue about built in hit rates for archetypes, I'm aware it is harder for a caster to hit a melee than vice versa, but a skeleton pet will hit a warrior as hard as a caster regardless of their gear.

Give us some incentive to strategize our gear for different PVP/PVE encounters as a melee, on live players would keep a set of high AC gear for pvp against melee opponents.

Sprinkle
11-08-2011, 04:01 PM
top issues before release were : Release date

half the people originally here are gone due to slow progress

should not have even been announced till november at the rate they worked on it , would have been a great secret

Nirgon
11-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Top issues:
AC in PvP
Guard/faction assist
Blind/stun/root/snare

All that's left I think?

Lulz Sect
11-08-2011, 04:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QhaYI.pngsrs bs

juicedsixfo
11-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Great thread. There's probably only 5 of us who plan on rolling Warrior, which is why this probably isn't getting as much attention as it should, but we'd appreciate knowing what the word is on AC mitigation status – as it's currently completely not working.

Avoidance seems to be working properly though. Is it possible to see a break down, similar to how Null posted the resist table, on how Agility and Defensive skill play into chances to miss, parry, dodge, and riposte?

stonetz
11-08-2011, 04:13 PM
I think the melee AC / mitigation etc can be fixed on the fly without being a huge deal where blind landing a lot / root / snare removing SoW is going to affect everyone.

I'd say fix those and then tune melee as we go because it affects a lot less people, but do it quick because it sucks =)

Nirgon
11-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Defense skill should also be having a hand aside from AC.

juicedsixfo
11-08-2011, 04:16 PM
I think the melee AC / mitigation etc can be fixed on the fly without being a huge deal where blind landing a lot / root / snare removing SoW is going to affect everyone.

I'd say fix those and then tune melee as we go because it affects a lot less people, but do it quick because it sucks =)

Melee wants to know before pumping 25 AGI into a wood elf warrior, versus going traditional AC meat tank

Sprinkle
11-08-2011, 04:21 PM
something not working on p99? NOWAI !

even on blue they shouldnt even be at kunark so much is broken

roll out velious wohoo

Lovely
11-08-2011, 04:32 PM
<----- Caster and first one to bring up the AC issue! Hero indeed.

Lulz Sect
11-08-2011, 04:35 PM
nt

Sprinkle
11-08-2011, 04:54 PM
harrison log on blue go to crushbone , go inside and stand on the table and pull an orc

he falls through the floor and goes the long way around the castle and pulls every orc

Harrison
11-08-2011, 05:01 PM
OMG GAMEBREAKING PATHING EXPLOIT AT LEVEL 10!

Shut up, retard.

I've found and reported (that have now been fixed) more pathing exploits than you've ever seen. Including two others in CB alone...

They fix things as they can. They're shorthanded because of the shitty community and stress/quitting. They'll get to the inconsequential shit (cb pathing exploits, fucking rofl) when they can.

Massive Marc
11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
CB SRS BIZZNOS

Chronoburn
11-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Pathing issues make EQ enjoyable.

Sprinkle
11-08-2011, 05:23 PM
camping the crushbone throne room is an epic milestone in EQ on fay , its great xp very very fun and gives that awesome eq feeling

it requires group teamwork , cc pulling etc and can be rewarding and fun

the hole in the table is a very big deal and it was very much broken well into kunark , which basically says alot

Maybe some people dont care but when i saw that my first week of p99 i quit immediately

p.s

harrison , dude your still so mad

better stock up on razorblades and huggies for the big roll

quido
11-08-2011, 05:26 PM
They're shorthanded because of the shitty community and stress/quitting.

Thank the lord almighty you're here to show them that the community isn't all bad!

Smedy
11-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Only read the first 3 replys and you missed the top issue...

Item recharging will be the top issue of all issues, unless attended to.

Right now you can recharge insta clicky death wands for 500pp, pvp will be fucked.

Hopefully some sane person fixes this.

2 possible solutions.

Make recharging ridiculously expensive to do.

Remove item recharging all together.

Having paladins with 6 insta clicky lay on hands, all wizard with the power to burst out 4k dps within a second and anyone who raids vox the ability to rez 10 people insta click is just the beginning of what's coming with the current item recharge bullshit.

Salty
11-08-2011, 05:32 PM
They're shorthanded because of the shitty community and stress/quitting.

hahaha

Quit your job at McDonalds because it's too hard to put grease in the fryer.
Quit your job at McDonalds because of the bums who walk in.

lololollolol

Tombom
11-08-2011, 05:34 PM
please for the love of God just stop recharging all together, gate rings so ghey. If some no-life wants to camp a million golem wands and strips me thats fine i'll take my butt plundering, for the love of brell just dont let him recharge after waisting em on me.

Naez 4.20
11-08-2011, 05:38 PM
?

Harrison
11-08-2011, 05:58 PM
hahaha

Quit your job at McDonalds because it's too hard to put grease in the fryer.
Quit your job at McDonalds because of the bums who walk in.

lololollolol

Salty has never contributed positively to the project or community.

You and your "guild" are the perfect example of the type of lowlife scumbags that ruin the project.

Sprinkle
11-08-2011, 06:05 PM
salty is hilarious tho , in game and on this forum

the characters on the server are the most interesting imo , thats what makes this world great is the hilarious people who live here

where would we be without guys like salty who got associates degrees at clown college?

Sprinkle
11-08-2011, 06:06 PM
whats your major? BASICALLY HAHAHAH

Smedy
11-08-2011, 06:10 PM
can you post more cat pictures they are so funny

my grandpa browsed the web and found many very funny cat pictures the other day

Thaaaaankss

Lazortag
11-08-2011, 07:03 PM

Right now you can recharge insta clicky death wands for 500pp, pvp will be fucked.

2 possible solutions.

Having paladins with 6 insta clicky lay on hands, all wizard with the power to burst out 4k dps within a second and anyone who raids vox the ability to rez 10 people insta click is just the beginning of what's coming with the current item recharge bullshit.

OMG smedy, you're so right! Item recharging is going to completely ruin the game. We have no evidence that it's ruined the game on Live, Beta, Blue99, or any other server that's ever existed where item recharging actually worked correctly, but we should trust your prediction that item recharging will ruin the server, and thus we should change things to not be classic in advance before actually seeing first hand if anything is adversely affected by a mechanic that was in for the entire duration of the classic period.

PS: what rechargeable item gives Pallies the ability to LoH six times? And what item gives Wizards the ability to do 4000 damage in a second?

Cymbal
11-08-2011, 07:11 PM
A) lessen nuke damage

B) more cat pictures

amirite?

Rykk
11-08-2011, 07:23 PM
paladins soulfire is probably the item hes talking about but tis only 5 times but im not sure if u can recharge it. as for the wizard item im thinking hes talking about the one that drops in hate maybe? not sure

Nirgon
11-08-2011, 07:38 PM
You can't recharge it because you can't sell it to a vendor (soul fire).

Classes other than paladin can use it from their inventory too.

tsaC
11-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Recharging:

If you are not against this in some form, you are crazy.

We, Holocaust, are going to utilize the current iteration to the fullest extent possible. For brevity, it means we are going to destroy you in every encounter because our members will have all available clickies and the plat to recharge them as needed.

We're also huge advocates of CHANGING the current form of recharging, or removing it entirely. Again, we (much like many of you) can see where pvp fights are headed if it's not changed.

Crenshinabon
11-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Why are there no dev responses on these remaining issues. I am starting to get worried.

Top issues by far atm are.

-AC mitigation does nothing in pvp.
-Recharging insta click items is freaking broken for any casual player.
-Guards still do not assist in pvp fights allowing grief of newbies in towns.
-Stuns land way too often.

Null, Nillbog, Emp Rogean, Amelinda, anyone got anything on a fix?

Lovely
11-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Why are there no dev responses on these remaining issues. I am starting to get worried.

Top issues by far atm are.

-AC mitigation does nothing in pvp.
-Recharging insta click items is freaking broken for any casual player.
-Guards still do not assist in pvp fights allowing grief of newbies in towns.
-Stuns land way too often.

Null, Nillbog, Emp Rogean, Amelinda, anyone got anything on a fix?

AC mitigation they know about and are already working on it.

Recharging instant clickers is something good for casuals cause all hardcores will farm the items 500x times if recharging don't work and will have them anyway,

Guard assist they are also already working on and have said so 100 times on the forums already,

Stuns landing to often? What stuns are landing to often? Cause it's definitely not Wizard stuns cause they aint landing for shit, costing shitloads of mana and doesnt last for shit.

pasi
11-08-2011, 08:10 PM
From those parses, I think the overall damage intake between INTs and Warriors isn't too far off from an ideal point (87% vs 64% hit rate). You're talking a ~40% difference in melee on a warrior vs a caster when you factor in 100AC as a 1.58% increase in mitigation.

With that said, it's stupid that 100 AC is only a 1.58% increase in mitigation. This screws warriors relative to non-INTs (well, pending if you thinka 40% difference is large enough). Since this basically means that casters are getting crushed while rogues and WIS casters are mitigating like warriors and monks are taking the least damage from melee.

Ideally, we want overall melee damage intake to look like Plate Tank > Monk (via avoidance) > Bard/Cleric >> Chain >> Druid > INTs. So yeah, decrease the relative potency of avoidance AC and increase the potency of mitigation AC seems like a good end goal from here.

Double the effect of AC from 100AC:1.5% to 100AC:3%, decrease the relative miss gap (ie, how often an attack misses, not counting combat skills) by 1/2. Without including combat skills, the parse shows a 26% warrior miss rate and a 10% caster miss rate. Half the relative miss gap would be 8%. So, the naked Warrior hit rate would go from 64% to 72% while the value of AC doubles.

Not sure how easy that is to actually input.

Salty
11-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Salty has never contributed positively to the project or community.

You and your "guild" are the perfect example of the type of lowlife scumbags that ruin the project.

No GM past or present could handle leading 300 people on a pvp server after a dragon when it's obvious to everyone that none of the players in said guild have ever pvp'd before.

Every single one of said staff, past or present, wouldn't be able to handle the competition of forces who have been playing pvp 5+ years, especially on the Emu releases.

I state as evidence that your original rant is nothing more than a bunch of grown ass men getting their feelings hurt and running away.

What you understand, and why you come at me when given the opportunity, is that I'm an Emperor. I'm better than you, and will continue to be better than you and all other whiny babies who can't handle the heat.

Cry when things don't go your way, that's how blues roll. I take whats mine. First peg cloak at 30 in SK on red99 beta? No fucking problem bro, come at me.

Terpuntine
11-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Salty for president, make me a general of the fish bro.

Sprinkle
11-08-2011, 08:56 PM
like i said salty is hilarious and i hope he stays un banned

the characters on this forum are more awesome , i luv em all

Knuckle
11-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Thank you everyone for shitting up my thread <3

Sprinkle
11-08-2011, 08:58 PM
bro if you dont want your thread shitted up put it on a diff website

guaranteed poop lasagna here

Lazortag
11-08-2011, 09:20 PM
No GM past or present could handle leading 300 people on a pvp server after a dragon when it's obvious to everyone that none of the players in said guild have ever pvp'd before.

It was "obvious" to me that you had never pvp'd before when I handily killed you in a 1 on 3 in possibly the most unbalanced matchup (in your favor), in addition to making you run/camp/gate every single subsequent time we were in the same zone because the thought of a "bluebie" killing you again would shatter what little street cred you have in the pvp community. But then it turned out that you had pvp'd before and you're just like a dumb dog that can't learn how to play even after years of playing this game.

Salty, until I met you I had never known someone with such delusions of grandeur. You will always be mediocre. Please realize this before your crushing failure on red99 at the hands of my guild causes you to consider suicide.

Knuckle
11-08-2011, 09:43 PM
It was "obvious" to me that you had never pvp'd before when I handily killed you in a 1 on 3 in possibly the most unbalanced matchup (in your favor), in addition to making you run/camp/gate every single subsequent time we were in the same zone because the thought of a "bluebie" killing you again would shatter what little street cred you have in the pvp community. But then it turned out that you had pvp'd before and you're just like a dumb dog that can't learn how to play even after years of playing this game.

Salty, until I met you I had never known someone with such delusions of grandeur. You will always be mediocre. Please realize this before your crushing failure on red99 at the hands of my guild causes you to consider suicide.
Delusions of Grandeur? That award was given to Dojii a long time ago. :o

Sprinkle
11-08-2011, 09:44 PM
very bold statement

and like i said guys like this are the reason this server will fail

they are so serious and die hard about a 11 year old game its just twisted
dude i think you should commit suicide yourself

Smedy
11-08-2011, 09:48 PM
OMG smedy, you're so right! Item recharging is going to completely ruin the game. We have no evidence that it's ruined the game on Live, Beta, Blue99, or any other server that's ever existed where item recharging actually worked correctly, but we should trust your prediction that item recharging will ruin the server, and thus we should change things to not be classic in advance before actually seeing first hand if anything is adversely affected by a mechanic that was in for the entire duration of the classic period.

PS: what rechargeable item gives Pallies the ability to LoH six times? And what item gives Wizards the ability to do 4000 damage in a second?

Blue99: I know there was a costum nerf made to some items cause some bluebies were spam using it to kill dragon.

1 point to smedy

Live: The game was new, the first 2 years which is considered the classic period only about 20% of the entire population found out about the good items and recharging, thus resulting in "not a big deal" considering were all pretty much eq experts here (besides you of course) we know that all these items abused will fuck up pvp.

2 points to smedy

Red99Beta: Well there are already people spamming golem wands making all buff classes useless, since no one gives a shit on beta no one cares to farm these items (the harder ones). Neither has anyone raided fear so the clicky sticks for wizards have not been abused obviously.

3 points to smedy

Paladins have soulfire, first part of the paladin epic, 5 charges complete heal, instant cast.

Wizards get wand of conflaguration 5 charges instant cast conflaguration (i think)

There are also other game breaking items with many charges that are incredible easy to attain, such as the snare staff from warrens, drops from a lvl 10 mob gives you 10 charges instant cast darkness.

Let's face it, no one wants recharging pvp, it simply just doesn't require any skill to spam a button with instant cast items, and the only reason it "turned out okey" on live was because no one knew about these items.

3 - 0 Dog, nothing but net... Swish

Sprinkle
11-08-2011, 09:51 PM
clicking my mouse requires skill i have no idea what your talking about

Lazortag
11-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Blue99: I know there was a costum nerf made to some items cause some bluebies were spam using it to kill dragon.

1 point to smedy

Live: The game was new, the first 2 years which is considered the classic period only about 20% of the entire population found out about the good items and recharging, thus resulting in "not a big deal" considering were all pretty much eq experts here (besides you of course) we know that all these items abused will fuck up pvp.

2 points to smedy

Red99Beta: Well there are already people spamming golem wands making all buff classes useless, since no one gives a shit on beta no one cares to farm these items (the harder ones). Neither has anyone raided fear so the clicky sticks for wizards have not been abused obviously.

3 points to smedy

Paladins have soulfire, first part of the paladin epic, 5 charges complete heal, instant cast.

Wizards get wand of conflaguration 5 charges instant cast conflaguration (i think)

There are also other game breaking items with many charges that are incredible easy to attain, such as the snare staff from warrens, drops from a lvl 10 mob gives you 10 charges instant cast darkness.

Let's face it, no one wants recharging pvp, it simply just doesn't require any skill to spam a button with instant cast items, and the only reason it "turned out okey" on live was because no one knew about these items.

In basketball you get either 2 or 3 points from scoring, so that's the first inaccuracy in your post. Secondly, Wand of Conflagration has 3 charges. Thirdly, Soulfire isn't rechargeable because it's no-drop. Fourthly, you still didn't respond to what I said about how you could nerf charges after they're discovered to be a problem, rather than pre-emptively, which is what you're suggesting. Instead you just gave me an example of where this was possible (Ivandyr's Hoop on blue99), further proving that you're wrong.

So clearly you don't understand how either basketball or item recharging works.

The warrens is released in Velious you imbecile. You really think that every single rechargeable item should be pre-emptively nerfed because of an item that won't exist for two years? Are you actually stupider than Cozmonaut?

Sprinkle
11-08-2011, 10:03 PM
soul fire can be recharged , so can anything no drop

if you know how to do it

Sprinkle
11-08-2011, 10:04 PM
it requires the-pump shoes tho

which they dont give out at the library in akkanon

although the wizard GM Does have pumps

Smedy
11-08-2011, 10:32 PM
In basketball you get either 2 or 3 points from scoring, so that's the first inaccuracy in your post. Secondly, Wand of Conflagration has 3 charges. Thirdly, Soulfire isn't rechargeable because it's no-drop. Fourthly, you still didn't respond to what I said about how you could nerf charges after they're discovered to be a problem, rather than pre-emptively, which is what you're suggesting. Instead you just gave me an example of where this was possible (Ivandyr's Hoop on blue99), further proving that you're wrong.

So clearly you don't understand how either basketball or item recharing works.

The warrens is released in Velious you imbecile. You really think that every single rechargeable item should be pre-emptively nerfed because of an item that won't exist for two years? Are you actually stupider than Cozmonaut?

fuk, i blame coach cast for not teaching me classic basketball

taking time off to reflect on this

http://if-guild.com/wp-content/gallery/uploads/boxlife_latest_edition.jpg

tsaC
11-08-2011, 10:33 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2112/2242519931_f1311fcb1b_o.jpg

boss
11-08-2011, 10:46 PM
free throws faggos

Sprinkle
11-08-2011, 11:09 PM
smedy with the win cut and paste haha ah epic dude im loling

Pudge
11-08-2011, 11:28 PM
o yea, forgot to mention the rechargable, 10-charge 300 HP instaclick heals that everyone will be running around with as well. the cost of recharging the item will be well worth it, considering rarity + gamebreakability

Darwoth2
11-08-2011, 11:34 PM
dont think six months from now the one guy on the server that MIGHT have gotten lucky and scored not one but two dragon loots will want to spend 2500p every time he fights someone.

gloinz
11-08-2011, 11:38 PM
dont think six months from now the one guy on the server that MIGHT have gotten lucky and scored not one but two dragon loots will want to spend 2500p every time he fights someone.

if hes fightin the pvp champ he's gunna need a bigger boat

Tombom
11-08-2011, 11:54 PM

man why are you so terrified of losing your clicky advantage? babby getting angry because big boys making sense? NOO MOMMA ROGEAN PLEASE DONT LET THEM TAKE MY ADVANTAGE!! HOW WILL I COMPETE WITH THE PROS NOW?!?

blue bitter babby babbles bashfully bout beta

tsaC
11-09-2011, 12:07 AM
if hes fightin the pvp champ he's gunna need a bigger boat

gotta love gloinz, keeps all his posts in his wheel house. doesn't need to reach for those pitches that ain't going over the fence. Keep it real dawg.

Lazortag
11-09-2011, 12:11 AM
You guys will still get stomped by bluebies with or without rechargeable items. I just want the server to be classic. Why are VZTZers so afraid of classic?

o yea, forgot to mention the rechargable, 10-charge 300 HP instaclick heals that everyone will be running around with as well. the cost of recharging the item will be well worth it, considering rarity + gamebreakability

Just out of curiosity, what item are you referring to?

SearyxTZ
11-09-2011, 12:11 AM

1 point to smedy

2 points to smedy

3 points to smedy

Smedy with the crossover...

SMEDY PASSES TO SMEDY

SMEDY WITH THE PUMP FAKE ON IVERSON

STOPS ON A DIME (9 cents change), BASELINE THREE AS THE SHOT CLOCK EXPIRES

Sprinkle
11-09-2011, 12:12 AM
lol @ The people on this forum , i hope i dont get banned within 1 day like last time

i love it here

pasi
11-09-2011, 12:29 AM
You guys will still get stomped by bluebies with or without rechargeable items. I just want the server to be classic. Why are VZTZers so afraid of classic?

Just out of curiosity, what item are you referring to?

I think he meant Prayers of Life.

Pudge
11-09-2011, 12:34 AM
also no one needs two of each item.. the guild bank will have 1 item of each, to be passed out to whoever needs their shit recharged

Lazortag
11-09-2011, 12:39 AM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3655

Well recharging of this was finally nerfed a few months ago, for those of you who said couldnt recharge for the last few yrs, u missed a lot of 2-5k hp worth of heals for 1200pp buyback per prayer ...

Only a colossal idiot would pay 1200 plat to recharge this item. Can you people actually come up with a gamebreaking example that isn't easily refuted?

Knuckle
11-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Armor needs to be fixed

Melveny
11-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Item charging should stay in, it is classic.

Everyone sounds worried about insa gib wands from planes and ledge. Ok throw a no drop tag on them and call it a day. There is no sense in caster insta gib wands ruining recharging for everyone.

As it currently stands though, those wands are lore. So on a no boxing server to recharge them you will have to to through a stupid amount of effort to do so. Only easy way I can think of requires a second person to designate a slot from inventory or bank and help u with the recharge EVERY time. If some fool is this pathetic, let them have it.

You all also sound like this is a feature that can't be changed later. Why are people so unwilling to give it s try, see if it has a place or is constant insta wand gibbing and then go from there.

Cymbal
11-09-2011, 12:38 PM
its pretty damn easy to recharge a lore item...

i can tell u how to do it BY YOURSELF in 1 sentence but i want you to think...

dont hurt yourself

anyways,

why are we worried about recharging planar items? this can be fixed down the road if it gets out of hand

there are bigger problems to fix, ie spell damage.

taakyn
11-09-2011, 12:41 PM

2 possible solutions.

totally agree

PhantomRogue
11-09-2011, 12:54 PM
totally agree

Why not just modify the vendor code to check if an item has charges, make the cost quadrupled or something?

EDIT 1: Assuming the SellRate field in the Items database is the modification of the vendor price, just jack that up.

EDIT 2: Yup, Sell Rate determines how much the Vendor buys it for and how much it resells for, PRICE is how much they buy it for.

Run this SQL

update items
set sellrate = 4000
where [id] = 14313

Changes the sell rate on the golem wand from 100, to 4000. Isntead of selling for 100x the price, it now sells for 4000x the price (Price being what the merchant buys it at)

boss
11-09-2011, 01:03 PM

u still haven't apologized to smedy for calling him inaccurate about scoring. there is indeed 1 point in basketball elfaggo.

Cymbal
11-09-2011, 01:04 PM
here u wanna fix the recharge bs

1) jack up the prices

2) make all npcs never return items to the player

easiest 2 fixes

now lets talk real issues plz thx

boss
11-09-2011, 01:06 PM
u still haven't apologized to smedy for calling him inaccurate about scoring. there is indeed 1 point in basketball elfaggo.

realer issue

Nirgon
11-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Faction assist, root, snare, blind, stun, ac/defense in PvP along with atk having a bearing.

Knuckle
11-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Armor needs to be fixed.

mitic
11-09-2011, 02:29 PM
fix ac and i promise to play a mele

juicedsixfo
11-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Going to play woof elf warrior with 125 agi just to be safe. I won't be able to wear bronze but who cares since it doesn't do anything.

Knuckle
11-09-2011, 03:18 PM
http://pitbullextreme.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/pit-bull-armor-plate.jpg

Kain
11-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Recharging:

If you are not against this in some form, you are crazy.

We, Holocaust, are going to utilize the current iteration to the fullest extent possible. For brevity, it means we are going to destroy you in every encounter because our members will have all available clickies and the plat to recharge them as needed.

We're also huge advocates of CHANGING the current form of recharging, or removing it entirely. Again, we (much like many of you) can see where pvp fights are headed if it's not changed.

Paladins can easily repeat the Soulfire quest just to have 5 charges of LOH on them at all times.

Its not so difficult when you know what to do and the guild works together for PVP dominance.

mitic
11-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Paladins can easily repeat the Soulfire quest just to have 5 charges of LOH on them at all times.

Its not so difficult when you know what to do and the guild works together for PVP dominance.

yea its realy easy, once a week one sword, serverwide.

Kain
11-09-2011, 03:35 PM
I didn't know it was once a week. That can add up but I thought Lucan was the tougher to find spawn. Only 4 hours on Allakhazam.

Rushmore
11-09-2011, 03:36 PM
does AC not work on Blue server?

Authority
11-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Along those lines, who tanks raid mobs in Blue 99? Mage pets?

Nirgon
11-09-2011, 03:42 PM

Only Paladins can equip it, anyone can use the charges from inventory. This has nothing to do with quickly recharging something at a vendor. It'd be a waste to use it in pvp for bragging rights. It'd be useful for finishing up tanking a mob when another raid force tries to kill you from behind while engaged on something to free up your healers etc.

Soulfire's fine. Drain soul, shock of swords and conflag wands are pretty rare and you need to get two of them to drop. I recharged conflag wands on live (full one on an alt, main one on me) and on a no drop server, a sunstrike + a wand dump was enough to kill really anything. An ice comet + wand dump would be really brutal too, almost definitely a kill on a lower resistance target. I'd see these as a nice thing to have. By the time a group has 2 wands (btw you have to have 2 people involved they're lore), resist gear should be pretty abundant.

That said, I'm still in favor of fixing item recharges on vendors.

mitic
11-09-2011, 03:46 PM
I didn't know it was once a week. That can add up but I thought Lucan was the tougher to find spawn. Only 4 hours on Allakhazam.

welcome to classic eq ;)

Nirgon
11-09-2011, 03:46 PM
It becomes a daily spawn I think once epics come out.

Knuckle
11-09-2011, 03:59 PM
http://www.biology-blog.com/images/blogs/10-2007/organic-armor-for-dogs.jpg

juicedsixfo
11-09-2011, 04:02 PM
http://www.biology-blog.com/images/blogs/10-2007/organic-armor-for-dogs.jpg

He's going to get hit as hard as that other dog you posted apparently, even though he obv has greater armor

Vile
11-09-2011, 04:16 PM
WTB dev response to questions about AC working properly and rechargable items making PvP retarded...

Lovely
11-09-2011, 05:08 PM
WTB dev response to questions about AC working properly and rechargable items making PvP retarded...

If I was a DEV I'd instantly ban everyone who cry about the same things 45 times a day.

mitic
11-09-2011, 05:15 PM
If I was a DEV I'd instantly ban everyone who cry about the same things 45 times a day.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53484
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53219
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52725
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52299

lovely you are so lovely!
:D

Knuckle
11-09-2011, 05:17 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53484
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53219
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52725
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52299

lovely you are so lovely!
:D

beat me to the

punch

Melveny
11-09-2011, 05:19 PM
1) server isn't out yet
2) it will be awhile untill people reach 50.
3) planes are not going to be released right away as far as I am aware

Lovely
11-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Those are all different things and it's the issues the Devs has been working on the most to fix. Are you trying to thank me or what?

mitic
11-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Those are all different things and it's the issues the Devs has been working on the most to fix. Are you trying to thank me or what?

yea i know, your issues are more important than others ;)

Lovely
11-09-2011, 05:37 PM
yea i know, your issues are more important than others ;)

Thanks but it's not my issues. It's server issues and all of the issues ive reported has been changed or are in the process of being changed.

You seem to stupid to understand the difference between reporting an issue and crying about known issues over and over in several thread.

juicedsixfo
11-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Fix armor, thanks

Knuckle
11-09-2011, 11:36 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOgWlFIwvHUNxtoGlx-7XEfoZUQmAprt4MKszo6mqbHyEBfh_iOxp7qck0Zw

Nune
11-10-2011, 02:58 AM
Thanks but it's not my issues. It's server issues and all of the issues ive reported has been changed or are in the process of being changed.

You seem too stupid to understand the difference between too and to

fyp

Tombom
11-10-2011, 03:05 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOgWlFIwvHUNxtoGlx-7XEfoZUQmAprt4MKszo6mqbHyEBfh_iOxp7qck0Zw

these are making me lol big, thank you knuck

http://i43.tinypic.com/xoinn7.jpg

Nune
11-10-2011, 03:38 AM
Froglok War, Sony beat you too it Knucks
http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/1125000/1125080_3646_sqr.jpg

Muaar
11-10-2011, 11:16 AM
devs all gonna be playing skyrim after tomorrow

Lulz Sect
11-10-2011, 12:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bFP20.jpg

Nirgon
11-10-2011, 01:09 PM
I think the point's across for what we're hoping gets fixed in time. If not, probably soon after and hopefully the sooner the better (like before people get a meaningful amount of AC).

mostbitter
11-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Only Paladins can equip it, anyone can use the charges from inventory. This has nothing to do with quickly recharging something at a vendor. It'd be a waste to use it in pvp for bragging rights. It'd be useful for finishing up tanking a mob when another raid force tries to kill you from behind while engaged on something to free up your healers etc.

Soulfire's fine. Drain soul, shock of swords and conflag wands are pretty rare and you need to get two of them to drop. I recharged conflag wands on live (full one on an alt, main one on me) and on a no drop server, a sunstrike + a wand dump was enough to kill really anything. An ice comet + wand dump would be really brutal too, almost definitely a kill on a lower resistance target. I'd see these as a nice thing to have. By the time a group has 2 wands (btw you have to have 2 people involved they're lore), resist gear should be pretty abundant.

That said, I'm still in favor of fixing item recharges on vendors.

Seems pretty obvious you didn't play during the live era. Soulfires are absolutely worth using in pvp encounters. Pandemonium used them to win a best of the best tournament against people who had them severely out geared.

Furthermore Golem wands are going to be recharged like fucking crazy, which is personally my biggest problem with item recharging on a pvp server. A soulfire still takes a lot of effort, a golem wand does not and can completely and easily change the outcome of a pvp encounter.

The nuke wands are a big deal as well especially since they are practically a common drop and you'll only need you and a pal to have them for the rest of your play time. If item recharging is left in everyone will be forced to do it in order to stay competitive and the game will devolve into a contest of how many instant cast clickies you have.

Tombom
11-10-2011, 07:47 PM
I am mostbitter about golem wands.

no but really, total horseshit classic or not.

Nirgon
11-10-2011, 08:33 PM
I saw all of 0 Soulfire clicks used in pvp on RZ until Kringe started carrying one on his warrior. This was of course after Lucan became a more regular spawn. Full guilds won't be carrying them to contest spawns every week, let alone duke it out at the Lavastorm druid portal or wtfever.

To win a best of the best? Yeah sure, great. To use on a wipe your ass with it basis? It's gonna run out real fast bud.

Oh and just for the sake of mentioning it, you know Rallos won the Test of Tactics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6qoMoRN2Jk), right?

Ssok (the Strategist's) weapon (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=56973) for winning.

Prova
11-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Just did a group PvP. Stuns and Roots CCing people with a bard in group @ 180MR. As beneficial as it was to me, that's just not right. What's the point of resists at that rate?

juicedsixfo
11-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Pretty ridiculous. Not sure what good armor is or even resists at this point.

Nirgon
11-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Big Null, any word on if you intend to change root/stun/snare etc. Armor I think is a given whenever you can get it nailed down.

Lazortag
11-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Just did a group PvP. Stuns and Roots CCing people with a bard in group @ 180MR. As beneficial as it was to me, that's just not right. What's the point of resists at that rate?

How long were the stuns and roots lasting?

Prova
11-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Few seconds, when someones strafing around its very challenging to get hits in, those seconds drop people like flys. Literally, in a group thats running all around chasing someone, the stun will pause them for 2-3 seconds which is enough for the 3 or so melee to get maybe 2 combat rounds a piece, which can be enough to drop a caster entirely or take them to maybe 20%? A second or two might not seem like a big deal but it really is.

Crazerous
11-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Few seconds, when someones strafing around its very challenging to get hits in, those seconds drop people like flys. Literally, in a group thats running all around chasing someone, the stun will pause them for 2-3 seconds which is enough for the 3 or so melee to get maybe 2 combat rounds a piece, which can be enough to drop a caster entirely or take them to maybe 20%? A second or two might not seem like a big deal but it really is.

yea thats why i said stuns and roots/snares need to be 95% or more resisted when u hit the 150 MR point...some idiots like lovely apparently thinnk they need to be somewhat left in at 75%...right now stuns are like 50% with 150mr or something totally crazy

Lulz Sect
11-11-2011, 01:04 AM
enable classic spellbook meditate

http://almarsguides.com/Almar%27s%20Stuff/EQ/Spells/EQSpellbook.jpg

Haul
11-11-2011, 01:07 AM
CB SRS BIZZNOS

lol

Knuckle
01-28-2012, 06:45 PM
ojoradar.com cihazlarına dikkat

http://www.project1999.org/forums/search.php?searchid=1224298