PDA

View Full Version : Spell Damage/resists are F'ed

jjgerman
11-08-2011, 04:52 AM
Spell damage is way too high vs resists

root/snare landing on people with 100-150 mr on a somewhat consistent basis.......

has nothing to do with classic pvp, not even close to it really

all these vztz people pretending they know what shit is suppose to be as far as resists go, need to stfu.

root/snare on live had a very slim chance to land at even around 75 mr

only thing this system will do is allow gang rape groups to be 100% successful.

because even with max classic resist gear, u will be getting snared, or rooted lol.......

just retarded

Crazerous
11-08-2011, 04:55 AM
agreed snare/root/STUN/blind need to all be 95% resisted at 120+ MR. and 85% at 100MR

Darwoth2
11-08-2011, 04:57 AM
Spell damage is way too high vs resists

nope

Crazerous
11-08-2011, 05:02 AM
screw how hard spells are landing, i dont see whats so difficult in making root/snare/blind/stun pointless to cast when some1 reaches 120MR....i saw in another post that null had STUNS landing basicly 50% of the time on people with over 150MR .................. ????????? just fix the cc spells. then worry about partial nuke damage.

Darwoth2
11-08-2011, 05:10 AM
snares/roots/blinds are resisting the majority of the time with decent mr, the only thing really being debated at this juncture by anyone with intelligence is slight tweaks to root/snare and the frequency of stuns landing.

Lovely
11-08-2011, 05:15 AM
This is been discussed 500 times already and you're talking out of your ass without knowing shit. Go back to your cave plez

jjgerman
11-08-2011, 06:01 AM
a wizard that wants high spell damage, and roots that stick on people, go figure

i know for a fact u didnt play classic era or early kunark pvp lovely, stop pretending like u know shit cuz u got a lvl 50 wiz on a test server.

roots/snares/stuns = useless at 120 + magic resist.
thats eq, dunno wtf game u played here on some shitty vztz garage box.

Lovely
11-08-2011, 07:22 AM
a wizard that wants high spell damage, and roots that stick on people, go figure

i know for a fact u didnt play classic era or early kunark pvp lovely, stop pretending like u know shit cuz u got a lvl 50 wiz on a test server.

I don't have any interest in arguing with dumb people who obviously haven't followed these forums for more then a week. Since you don't seem to know a single thing about what the Developers have in mind for this server. So I'll just leave this sentence for you to read... --->

The developers doesn't want to have the same resist system as Everquest used in Classic and Early Kunark. It was total garbage and unbalanced. There you go.

Kelsar
11-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Lovely, I understand your sentence :) As a fellow wizard I can say us nuking for 896 damage is a bit too high and way out of balance. I haven't been around to test the resist rates much but the damage is a bit concerning. Does anyone know if the recent damage boost applies to dots as well? I generalized "spells".

Self buffed, without rune, I have 971 HP. Most casters will have similar base figures +/-100. Bards and Rogues will have slightly more. 896 damage is incredibly high for level 50 PvP. In the same context, the Druid dot Drifting Death took me to 23% in a single spell. I fear ebolt, if it's also increased from 60% to 80%, will be the absolute bane. If we're to deal with incredibly high damage spells, we should at least have the LoS check back in and not this shortened range/no LoS high dmg landing stuff.

Bazia
11-08-2011, 08:34 AM
As a wizard I can say us nuking for 896 damage is a bit too high and way out of balance. If we're to deal with incredibly high damage spells, we should at least have the LoS check back in and not this shortened range/no LoS high dmg landing stuff.

Even some of the more logical WIZ's are admitting it.

Tamiah2011
11-08-2011, 08:43 AM

Well I played from day 1 Beta classic all the way through the merging of RZ, the resists felt not to bad last night.SO please sit down and stfu

Tamiah2011
11-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Lovely, I understand your sentence :) As a fellow wizard I can say us nuking for 896 damage is a bit too high and way out of balance. I haven't been around to test the resist rates much but the damage is a bit concerning. Does anyone know if the recent damage boost applies to dots as well? I generalized "spells".

Self buffed, without rune, I have 971 HP. Most casters will have similar base figures +/-100. Bards and Rogues will have slightly more. 896 damage is incredibly high for level 50 PvP. In the same context, the Druid dot Drifting Death took me to 23% in a single spell. I fear ebolt, if it's also increased from 60% to 80%, will be the absolute bane. If we're to deal with incredibly high damage spells, we should at least have the LoS check back in and not this shortened range/no LoS high dmg landing stuff.

First off GM handed out free lvls and nice gear so ytou really cant make a judgement from that.Secound most of the people you were fighting im sure been playng beta from being and were very well buffed .

Bazia
11-08-2011, 08:49 AM
First off GM handed out free lvls and nice gear so ytou really cant make a judgement from that.Secound most of the people you were fighting im sure been playng beta from being and were very well buffed .

What the fuck does this comment have to do with Kelsar's post?

He said WIZ/DoT damage is too high, nothing about people being geared of buffs.

Quit huffing paint you moron, way to live up to your reputation.

Tamiah2011
11-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Even some of the more logical WIZ's are admitting it.

Really which pvp wizard are you speak about? If he/she a blue wizard he dosnt know shit about pvp, If you want your voice heard you better have your ass in pvp testing and not talking out your ass.If my caster are well buffed most all there resists over 110 and hps about 1400-1600 and wizard only hit about 450-500 ice comet, do your math.

Tamiah2011
11-08-2011, 08:53 AM
What the fuck does this comment have to do with Kelsar's post?

He said WIZ/DoT damage is too high, nothing about people being geared of buffs.

Quit huffing paint you moron, way to live up to your reputation.

Damage is just fine, so stop being such a freaking noob and learn to build a toon.

Bazia
11-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Damage is just fine, so stop being such a freaking noob and learn to build a toon.

You're so stupid you can't even comprehend peoples posts and respond in a way that makes sense.

You are either the greatest troll ever or the Helen Keller of the internet and I'm actually impressed you figured out how to use a computer.

Tamiah2011
11-08-2011, 08:57 AM
You're so stupid you can't even comprehend peoples posts and respond in a way that makes sense.

You are either the greatest troll ever or the Helen Keller of the internet and I'm actually impressed you figured out how to use a computer.

Wow, you still complaining cause you suck at pvp? Blue server is still up, what you waiting on?

Authority
11-08-2011, 09:12 AM
^ osko, confirmed bad mage.

Smedy
11-08-2011, 09:13 AM
100 cr should make you resist all ice comets imo, wizards to good if they can kill people semi afk letting them cast a 6.5 second nuke without you reacting to it

Amuk
11-08-2011, 09:47 AM
To be honest all the known vz/tz players are saying the same thing the OP is saying about roots/snares/stuns/blinds etc it's just the random n00bs that didn't play live arguing balance and that stuff should land (Lovely for example).

I haven't tested, I thought the charts looked ok, but yea TBH 80% at 150 mr is 1/5, that's pretty spammable and retarded - im leaning more towards casual mage/necro every day, especially if I get this new job.

Tamiah2011
11-08-2011, 09:52 AM
100 cr should make you resist all ice comets imo, wizards to good if they can kill people semi afk letting them cast a 6.5 second nuke without you reacting to it

What you smoking BROTHER? you really need to stop smoking them rocks and find a job..

Zalaerian
11-08-2011, 09:54 AM
im leaning more towards casual mage/necro every day, especially if I get this new job.

Fired

Amuk
11-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Tamiah do you ever get tired of being the dumbest mother fucker around?

valithteezee
11-08-2011, 10:17 AM
I agree with OP, I landed blind/root several times on 140+ MR.
The problem is ROOT/SNARE strips sow and if it lands once you're screwed!!!

Tamiah2011
11-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Tamiah do you ever get tired of being the dumbest mother fucker around?

Well until I meet your Brother herman

Tamiah2011
11-08-2011, 10:22 AM
I agree with OP, I landed blind/root several times on 140+ MR.
The problem is ROOT/SNARE strips sow and if it lands once you're screwed!!!

you probabley landed on him cause I was Tashi most of them dumbass

kprobe
11-08-2011, 10:31 AM
snare/roots seem right, maybe a bit more on the root resists needed.

nukes do too much damage even with golden resists and great gear people have its not worth the mitigation. You might as well be stacking hp.

If you want gear to mean anything, then let resists shave off more damage than it does. Somewhere between where we are now and where we were pre-patch is good.

Smedy
11-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Tamiah2011 reverse trollin hardcore

Tamiah2011
11-08-2011, 10:35 AM
snare/roots seem right, maybe a bit more on the root resists needed.

nukes do too much damage even with golden resists and great gear people have its not worth the mitigation. You might as well be stacking hp.

If you want gear to mean anything, then let resists shave off more damage than it does. Somewhere between where we are now and where we were pre-patch is good.

resists were working great, seems alot of blue server players come in for 1 night and figured it all out.

casdegere
11-08-2011, 10:39 AM
OMG, R99 hasn't even been released yet. Lets get it released then do some hard number crunching and testing to confirm balance to Classic, shall we? You rocket scientist know-it-alls are giving me a headache.

Nirgon
11-08-2011, 11:58 AM
TBH 80% at 150 mr is 1/5, that's pretty spammable and retarded

This.

People woulda looked at me funny for casting stuns on live as a wizard unless someone was bare ass naked unbuffed.

valithteezee
11-08-2011, 12:11 PM
you probabley landed on him cause I was Tashi most of them dumbass

Um, yeah yesterday when we we're testing resists and you somehow brought your enchanter on my screen and ninja tash'd everyone. Good one.

Tamiah2011
11-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Um, yeah yesterday when we we're testing resists and you somehow brought your enchanter on my screen and ninja tash'd everyone. Good one.

If you were in ecommons lastnight, I am very sure you got tashi and died...

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-08-2011, 01:23 PM
root/snare landing on people with 100-150 mr on a somewhat consistent basis.......

has nothing to do with classic pvp, not even close to it really

Yea, I'm probably not even going to bother playing if Rogean actually lets Null implement the exact same crowd control bullshit as VZTZ all over again. EQ live was fun, VZTZ isn't.

only thing this system will do is allow gang rape groups to be 100% successful.

Yep, just get 6 random idiots in a group and run at people spamming CC spells for free kills, boy that sure sounds fun. Actually no, I would rather play super mario on Nintendo emulator.

Lovely
11-08-2011, 01:32 PM
There is not much reason to fear any of the long cast spells. In a 1v1 you can avoid them all easily. A good player will almost never be hit by Ice comets, Ebolts, Bonds and whatever else there is unless they do it with an ulterior motive. You should watch 2 good wizards duellin each other. Not a single strong spell will ever hit, it will basically come down to spammin 300 range level 16 bolts cause that's the only thing you can't avoid easily or other low level nukes. In the end none of these things will kill the other Wizard so in the end you just say cya and move on or team up.

I assume the same thing goes for most other classes in outdoor 1v1.

And in group PVP none of these spells are that powerful due to resist buffs/hp buffs and bards.

valithteezee
11-08-2011, 01:37 PM

Nope, wrong guy pal I never got tashed yesterday. Apology accepted.

Tamiah2011
11-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Nope, wrong guy pal I never got tashed yesterday. Apology accepted.

well play tonight ill make sure to tashi you..

Nirgon
11-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Yea, I'm probably not even going to bother playing if Rogean actually lets Null implement the exact same crowd control bullshit as VZTZ all over again. EQ live was fun, VZTZ isn't.

Yep, just get 6 random idiots in a group and run at people spamming CC spells for free kills, boy that sure sounds fun. Actually no, I would rather play super mario on Nintendo emulator.

Ease up on big Null. I would await such a press release before comin' @ him. He isn't trying to hide anything from you. He posted data and testing and asked what we thought. How can you hate on that! I think the overall consensus is becoming that stuns,roots,snares,whirl, blind etc need a look and damage based abilities are very close. That's quite a bit of progress for him so far and he does read and respond.

The danger being obviously that a caster is going to only try in big pvp battles to spam roots/snares so the melee train can obliterate them quickly. That's what I'd be doing if the rate was 1 out of 5 and I had 6 melees backing me.

ChubbyBubbles
11-08-2011, 01:44 PM
well play tonight ill make sure to tashi you..

http://tannerdobson.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/prince.jpg

he's calling you out pal.

Lovely
11-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Spells like Whirl and hurl seem to be a high +MR resist check to them. I guess they will be powerful at low levels but completely useless later on unless it's on a TASH'D+MALO'd target. Cause I got like 29 of 30 resists at 140ish MR when casting Hurl on myself.

valithteezee
11-08-2011, 01:46 PM
You better lube up Tamiah.

Nirgon
11-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Spells like Whirl and hurl seem to be a high +MR resist check to them. I guess they will be powerful at low levels but completely useless later on unless it's on a TASH'D+MALO'd target. Cause I got like 29 of 30 resists at 140ish MR when casting Hurl on myself.

Good, those spells just didn't land on live bruh.

Kelsar
11-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Tamiah2011 = TIMMMYYHH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TloqFIEZJ6E