PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Chaotic feedback coded as stun rather than nuke

lethdar
11-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Chaotic feedback like SoL was nearly unresistable on live, being used forever as a quick cast interrupt. Just tested it out and I full resisting them with good level of MR, leading me to believe they're lumped in with the stun resist code due to the .1sec stun rather than the standard nuke resist code like shock of lightning.

chuck
11-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Chaotic feedback like SoL was nearly unresistable on live, being used forever as a quick cast interrupt. Just tested it out and I full resisting them with good level of MR, leading me to believe they're lumped in with the stun resist code due to the .1sec stun rather than the standard nuke resist code like shock of lightning.

this is true

Chaotic Feedback was very reliable for an enchanter as a quick interrupt, don't even remember EVER resisting it really........ needs a look into

Lovely
11-08-2011, 07:43 AM
same deal with Shock of Lightning for Wizards. But Null said that they most likely won't change it so we just have to ignore those spells I guess,.

minakto
11-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Not classic but maybe remove the stun portion of ench spells besides chaotic feedback and then give chaotic feedback a -mod adjustment.

Or go in and code all nukes with a stun interupt( 1 sec or less) differently than other stuns so they are not lumped together

Pudge
11-09-2011, 03:10 AM
ya i agree needs fixin. these are spell interrupts more than "cc" stuns

Lovely
11-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Shock of lightning just knocks you back like a tiny tiny tiny little bit. Even when it hits you'll be able to cast through it most of the time without moving and if you got l2p then you take a small step up and always manage to cast.

It should definitely not count as a stun. But if you don't want it to have the same resist as nukes at least give these spells a -MR modifier so they will hit most of the times.. Cause they should!

jjgerman
11-13-2011, 01:51 AM
with shock of lightning, yea it was nearly unresistible, and was the bread and butter of any wizard finishing a player, without that spell they are much weaker in pvp.

Liebestod
11-13-2011, 11:35 AM
It seems alot of people on these forums have a fear of Enchanters, I played one in live and let me tell you, once the MR IS GOD word got out, Enchanters lost any inkling of care. Our nuked rarely landed until they introduced partial resist, our Mezzes stopped landing (against geared players I mean)

The one thing they could do was use chaotic feedback at any level to interupt a spell cast. That was a guaranteed win. It was completely unresistable until they screwed with the resist table back in Luclin. That's when previously unresistable things like HT and Chaotic Feedback suddenly didn't land.

xarzzardorn
05-15-2014, 07:29 PM
i feel like this spell still isn't working as it once did on live.

SamwiseRed
05-16-2014, 12:31 AM
got prof?

Nirgon
05-16-2014, 11:47 AM
The enchanter nuke line was very easy to resist in pvp on live with the exception that chaotic feedback would land for some reason rather easily.

Might be something to do with lower damage spells not being fully resisted as much or something because draught of jiva (stun component easy as fuck to resist) was like this spell. Voltaic draught was extremely resisted compared to draught of fire. I had posts stating magic spells were just easier to resist I'd read in recent times.

I think we are awaiting Alecta's glorious return before we get things moving in this department. Miss dat guy.

Technique
05-29-2014, 02:32 AM
In all the original spdats I've viewed in EQCaster, the spell is parsed as a DoT with a duration of 1 tick
Chaotic Feedback
DoT for between 43 (L8) to 48 (L13) Hit Points (HP) in 1 ticks
Stuns targetwhereas all the other enchanter nukes are parsed as DDs, for example:
Anarchy
Decrease Hit Points (HP) from 273 (L34) to 288 (L39)
Stuns targetWhether this has something to do with the fact that CF wasn't resisted like the other nukes, I don't know, but it's a notable anomaly.

Pudge
06-03-2014, 07:06 PM
Nice work technique. I'm guessing the first tick is instantaneous? Bump, these stuns never got resisted.