PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Issue With Spells Not Wearing Off On Both Client & Server Simultaneously

Lovely
11-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Did some brief testing with it. Hit me around 45%ish at 156MR.

However there is a bug with the spell and most likely with other enchanter mezzes as well? When I got dazzled it always lasted around 40 sec or whatever but when it runs out (the debuff is gone) then the Enchanter won't get a "Your Dazzle spell has worn off" instead you get that like a minute later or so and during that whole minute of not being mezzed the other person can't cast any spells or do anything besides running away and jumping. I assume it's not suppose to be like that?

Lovely
11-06-2011, 12:24 PM
This seems to be an issue with other CC spells as well.

Basically when you get messed for example it says

You are stunned! (In white text)
You are mesmerized. (In blue text)

When the buff wear out you get

You are unstunned. (white text) and the debuff goes away.

But for some reason the server never update the blue text message which would be

"You are no longer mesmerized"

So the server think you're still mezzed and therefor can't use any abilities/spells. You can however run away freely.

Aesop
11-06-2011, 04:23 PM
I was just coming to report the same thing :) I dazzled someone and after a little bit they ran away then way later I got the "your dazzle spell has worn off" message. Also color skew landed on 160 MR which I thought was pretty amazing lol.

Smedy
11-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Hi,

I've tried to work out what the issue can be behind this and i've spoken to Null about it.

This is the issue:

Example #1

You cast mez (enchanter spell) on target, and then wait for it to fade.

Once it fades on the client you casted it on, he will be able to run around, yet he cannot cast spells or attack you, neither did you (the caster of mez) receive a message saying "your spell has worn off".

Example #2

You cast root on target. Your target waits for the root to fade, once the root has faded the user who was rooted will not be able to cast jboots on themselves, neither did you (the caster of root) receive any "root has worn off" message.

It seems there's something out of sync between the client and the server, maybe it has to do with the specific "time reduction" for pvp yet either the server or the client is going by different rules making them out of sync with each other.

Would be cool if this was fixed.

Lasher
11-06-2011, 06:26 PM
sounds like a serious issue. On a side note should the caster recieve a message when the spell fades? I thought that "spell has worn off" message was added later

Smedy
11-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Not sure, but the message does appear later if you wait awhile.

It's out of sync somehow, rogean with his matrix emu skills can probably find the issue.

Travo
11-06-2011, 09:48 PM
After being mezzed with dazzle and the spell wearing off, several of us were unable to use spells or attack even though we could walk around. This happened in Innothule Swamp, and was reproducible with several people. Zoning seemed to fix this, or waiting for 30ish seconds fixed this

- Stark <Savage Wolves>

Travo
11-09-2011, 06:18 PM
It appears Smedy already reported this bug here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53759

Smedy
11-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Looks like null has found the issue and fixed it, not sure when the fix goes lives but just wanted to update that there's an possible fix coming.

Lasher
11-11-2011, 10:27 AM
thanks for updating us with the update