PDA

View Full Version : Hey morans - RE:Ducking

PVPBetaChamps
11-05-2011, 02:44 PM
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010627.html

JUNE 27, 2001
Spell and Item Interruption: Ducking will now interrupt a spell instantly. You will no longer be able to sit while using items or casting spells. This will not affect bard songs, which will still work as they always have, but will affect all items, even those with song-like effects.

Spell and Item Interruption: Ducking will now interrupt a spell instantly.

Ducking will now interrupt a spell

JUNE 27, 2001

Naez 4.20
11-05-2011, 02:46 PM
not classic, working as intended

Brinkman
11-05-2011, 02:50 PM
You will no longer be able to sit while using items or casting spells

Kewl so if they are doing this, then they should allow us to sit while casting right?

Or are we doing that whole Classic .... but only when we want to thing again?

And yes please quote rogean saying " custom Classic ".

If you do that, then stop saying "classic" at all, you cannot argue classic, then 2 posts later claim its not

Naez 4.20
11-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes you may sit while casting, or at least that is the dev's intent.

PVPBetaChamps
11-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Kewl so if they are doing this, then they should allow us to sit while casting right?

If you do that, then stop saying "classic" at all, you cannot argue classic, then 2 posts later claim its not

what the fuck are you talking about

Terpuntine
11-05-2011, 02:54 PM

Pls clarify

gloinz
11-05-2011, 02:54 PM
morons* :cool:

PVPBetaChamps
11-05-2011, 02:55 PM
morons* :cool:

:cool:

nilbog
11-05-2011, 02:56 PM

lol

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53627

Booglie
11-05-2011, 02:57 PM
just because it was in originally doesnt mean it was a good choice...
if the argument is simply "well this is the way it was," not that it is also a good idea, then i want fear and charming players back in the game, and spells landing for full damage.

oldfish
11-05-2011, 02:59 PM
if the argument is simply "well this is the way it was," not that it is also a good idea, then i want fear and charming players back in the game, and spells landing for full damage.

Right. I remember chanters fearing people off cliffs in EC, major lulz

Bazia
11-05-2011, 03:00 PM

No one gives a poop about what you want :p

PVPBetaChamps
11-05-2011, 03:02 PM

September 13th, 1999 9:00am
----------------------
PVP Changes:
- In order to make PVP combat between spellcasters and melee types more
viable some changes to PVP spell effects have been made. All damage spells
cast in PVP combat will do less damage to the PC than the same spell would
do to an NPC. When a PC is under the effect of a root-type spell there is a
20% chance that they will break free when a direct damage spell is cast
upon them.

November 15th, 1999 2:00pm
---------------------

*PvP and PvP-Teams*

Any spell that results in a "Fear" or "Charm" effect may no longer be cast
on other players. Please note that this change will only be active on
Rallos Zek (PvP), Tallon Zek, and Vallon Zek (PvP-Teams).

nilbog
11-05-2011, 03:03 PM

So your argument is.. You want fear, charm, and spells to work classically because you think ducking shouldn't interrupt spells. As relevant as these topics aren't, I agree it should be as classic as possible.

PVPBetaChamps
11-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Right. I remember chanters fearing people off cliffs in EC, major lulz

OH DO YOU BRO? DO YOU?

Naez 4.20
11-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Shadows of Luclin was released on December 4, 2001.

So mid velious or so bad players can duck interrupt.

Muaar
11-05-2011, 03:06 PM
release luclin immediately

Booglie
11-05-2011, 03:06 PM
not all all nilblog. i just think the argument "look this is how it was when eq started" isn't a good argument when its only applied selectively.
if most people think the no ducking is for the better, fine, i can respect that. but having betapvpchamp imply that because it was in classic automatically makes it right is a crap answer.

PVPBetaChamps
11-05-2011, 03:07 PM
not all all nilblog. i just think the argument "look this is how it was when eq started" isn't a good argument when its only applied selectively.
if most people think the no ducking is for the better, fine, i can respect that. but having betapvpchamp imply that because it was in classic automatically makes it right is a crap answer.

so were the other two things you listed, what else bro

Booglie
11-05-2011, 03:09 PM
so were the other two things you listed, what else bro

i'm pretty sure one of us is failing at reading, and it could be me, but i don't quite understand what this comment means in response to what i wrote.

Nune
11-05-2011, 03:11 PM
lol

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53627

Nilbog.... oh my GOD THATS GOBLIN BACKWARDS!!1

PVPBetaChamps
11-05-2011, 03:11 PM
i'm pretty sure one of us is failing at reading, and it could be me, but i don't quite understand what this comment means in response to what i wrote.

-fear/charm was removed in classic era (1999)
-reduced dmg to players was patched in classic era (1999)

ducking was patched in VELIOUS era (2001)

do you see the difference in your examples, b0r?

oldfish
11-05-2011, 03:14 PM
I could swear i got fear/charmed off the EC cliff during 2000+

I guess i could be wrong.

Where are accurate patch notes, cuz i cant find it on the .jp one

Daliant17447
11-05-2011, 03:19 PM
where exactly are these cliffs in EC?

oldfish
11-05-2011, 03:20 PM
where exactly are these cliffs in EC?

Just before HHK

PVPBetaChamps
11-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Just before HHK

thats east karana, oldmoran

oldfish
11-05-2011, 03:25 PM
thats east karana, oldmoran

Right, i havent played in a year and a made a mistake.

My terminal cancer dad is also here in the house sitting in a wheelchair and we need 3 people to take care of him, and my mind wanders off a bit. Sorry for being such a moran, Champs.

I hope you can forgive me this grave mistake of naming EK, EC?

Booglie
11-05-2011, 03:25 PM
so you missed my point beta...
if the ducking rule is a good idea only because thats how it was in classic, then great, lets apply that to everything, and have everything exactly how it was when the game opened.
if we're selectively choosing to change bits and pieces of how it was when it opened, like charming/fearing players, which was funny but stupid for game mechanics, and resists for the same reason, then simply saying something is working as it should be because its working the same way as when the game started isn't a very good argument.

my biggest issue with it is back in early eq most pvp is dungeon based. the easiest place to find players is places like lguk. which means tight corners and small spaces. with the end of cast LOS rules in effect, any spell can be dodged from most places in a dungeon within a second or so by turning a corner. if i'm casting a 4 second spell, which is probably about average for the spells on a necromancer that can do damage, a player is free to run around a corner every time i start to cast. that leaves me with two choices. chase him, and know that he could be waiting for me and he gets a few seconds of free hits on me before i can start a new cast, because my last one isnt over yet. or stay where i am, but risk that the person runs off and i cant find them anymore.
thats pretty lame imo.

Naez 4.20
11-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Basically anything that makes EQ a first-rate actual playable MMO is not classic so

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tFoH3_BvcFE/TVqpg3w3XLI/AAAAAAAAAEA/gMKnqr9hbHY/s1600/DEAL-WITH-IT.jpg

Pudge
11-05-2011, 03:42 PM
my biggest issue with it is back in early eq most pvp is dungeon based. the easiest place to find players is places like lguk. which means tight corners and small spaces. with the end of cast LOS rules in effect, any spell can be dodged from most places in a dungeon within a second or so by turning a corner. if i'm casting a 4 second spell, which is probably about average for the spells on a necromancer that can do damage, a player is free to run around a corner every time i start to cast. that leaves me with two choices. chase him, and know that he could be waiting for me and he gets a few seconds of free hits on me before i can start a new cast, because my last one isnt over yet. or stay where i am, but risk that the person runs off and i cant find them anymore.
thats pretty lame imo.

well then you should be happy to know that you will indeed be able to cast around corners in dungeons.

pasi
11-05-2011, 04:12 PM
PC Charming or Bust.

Peppers
11-05-2011, 05:17 PM
well then you should be happy to know that you will indeed be able to cast around corners in dungeons.

I have read that there is a line of sight with spells. I have read that there is not a line of sight with spells. Can someone please explain to me the difference.

Vile
11-05-2011, 06:00 PM
I have read that there is a line of sight with spells. I have read that there is not a line of sight with spells. Can someone please explain to me the difference.

Same.. wtfux

Mingo
11-05-2011, 08:10 PM
----------------------
PVP Changes:
- In order to make PVP combat fun for all of Holocaust upon the release of Project1999 Red Server the player formerly known as Cast has been promoted to Coach.

Important: Rest of server stand forewarned, your shit is about to be pushed in.

Pudge
11-05-2011, 08:21 PM
if you lose line of sight, then your spell can still go through, but the spell will have a reduced range. so if you lose LoS and the target is right around the corner, you will still hit your opponent. but if he is farther off, you wont. i don't know what the exact distance is

fistses
11-06-2011, 04:18 PM
IF you use ducking to stop spell casting you are the following
1. terrible at eq
2. noob at pvp
3. should slit wrists asap

Blingx
11-07-2011, 12:12 AM
----------------------
PVP Changes:
- In order to make PVP combat between spellcasters and melee types more
viable some changes to PVP spell effects have been made. All damage spells
cast in PVP combat will do less damage to the PC than the same spell would
do to an NPC. When a PC is under the effect of a root-type spell there is a
20% chance that they will break free when a direct damage spell is cast
upon them.

November 15th, 1999 2:00pm
---------------------

*PvP and PvP-Teams*

Any spell that results in a "Fear" or "Charm" effect may no longer be cast
on other players. Please note that this change will only be active on
Rallos Zek (PvP), Tallon Zek, and Vallon Zek (PvP-Teams).

Do bards/clerics get 4 months of fun?

------------------------------
March 29, 2000
------------------------------

This morning's update consisted primarily of server-side changes to
improve performance of the game engine in general. No items, spawns,
spells (with the exceptions below), etc., were changed as a result of
this patch.

Area Effect "Fear" spells will no longer work in PvP. This affects a
bard song, as well as the Cleric "Wave of Fear" spell.

Corrected a bug with some of the Resurrection spells that caused them
to return too little experience.

We plan on publishing data and item changes next week if all goes well
on the Test server. We apologize to those who are inconvenienced by
having to wait for the expected changes.

- The EverQuest Team

Nirgon
11-07-2011, 03:07 PM
I was able to sit while using items with a cast time until that was fixed late Velious :P.

I'm looking @ you, wizard PoG robe.

Rust1d?
11-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Classic is launch day eq minus bugs/exploits. Anything other than that is going to be custom classic. Just having the resist system we have in place makes this a custom classic server. Having jboots as a quest but manastone drop off the eye is custom classic.

So everyone left images server because it was custom classic only to play on.....wait for it......a custom classic server.

Nirgon
11-07-2011, 03:40 PM
He's putting the jboots on Drez to start. The resists look to be moving in the right direction minus the dispel thing and the root/stun/blind/snare deal atm.

Rust1d?
11-07-2011, 04:02 PM
In any case, the server will never truly be "classic" unless you had the exact code from that time. I mean if you want classic, you would have to use the classic UI, stare into the spell book until 35 etc. People are going to have to except "custom classic" whether they like it or not. It is just a matter of how "custom" it is. K&B was very custom. Red69 was not as custom, but still custom. I am not sure what resist system they used but I believe it was pretty good.

Nirgon
11-07-2011, 04:11 PM
There's classic intention and custom intention. This is classic intention and the intentions are upheld rather well given the latest batches of regular changes along with the work that has gone in thus far.

Rust1d?
11-07-2011, 04:31 PM
There's classic intention and custom intention. This is classic intention and the intentions are upheld rather well given the latest batches of regular changes along with the work that has gone in thus far.

I agree, but it will never be truly 100% classic. Without the old code, one can only guess as to how things worked.

Another problem is what version of pets do you put in? The ones that quadded like crazy with FS daggers, the other OP one or some other version? Also, is every quest working? Also, there were so many merchants added/taken away, which do you implement? Unless you do it from launch day, you will have to take parts from various times and decide whther or not it should be in the game.

Nirgon
11-07-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure if trying to argue/making a point of being able to make things 100% exact to the letter is possible. Even if it was, people would still disagree/complain. Looking for a working system based on the best of everyone's memory + best info we can find.

Rust1d?
11-07-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure if trying to argue/making a point of being able to make things 100% exact to the letter is possible. Even if it was, people would still disagree/complain. Looking for a working system based on the best of everyone's memory + best info we can find.

I do not think you can make it 100% because that code is gone. Like you mentioned, people would still complain anyway. Even if we use the best information we can find, you will have people that agree or disagree with it being implemented. For example, we all know that you had to stare into the spell books till 35 and that you also only had use of one UI.

Since people do not like these things, it is up to the devs whether to include them. Including them would be more "classic" but that does not mean people will be against it. The community is so divided as to what it wants, it is no surprise that these pvp servers fail so often.

Nirgon
11-07-2011, 04:48 PM
The code is gone but many of us who did play are still here and could point out glaring problems (like npc guard faction assist).

Rust1d?
11-07-2011, 04:58 PM
The code is gone but many of us who did play are still here and could point out glaring problems (like npc guard faction assist).

Which I would love to see implemented before the sever goes live.