PDA

View Full Version : Interrupting spells

nilbog
11-05-2011, 01:09 PM
There are a few scenarios which should or should not interrupt spells.

-while casting a spell, ducking should not interrupt until the end of the cast

-while casting a spell, moving should not interrupt until the end of the cast

-while casting a spell, jumping should not interrupt until the end of the cast

-while casting a spell, being stunned should interrupt the cast. (bashed, stunned by spell, etc)

-while casting a spell, if you move from your original location, arrive at the same x/y/z location you began your cast while not ducked, it should still resolve.

-while casting a spell, it should be possible to sit. If you are standing at the end of the cast, and at the same x/y/z coordinates you began the cast, it should resolve.

What works and what doesn't? I'm not interested in reading opinions of how they should work, only what does or doesn't so it can be fixed.

PVPBetaChamps
11-05-2011, 01:13 PM
There are a few scenarios which should or should not interrupt spells.

-while casting a spell, ducking should not interrupt until the end of the cast

-while casting a spell, moving should not interrupt until the end of the cast

-while casting a spell, jumping should not interrupt until the end of the cast

-while casting a spell, being stunned should interrupt the cast. (bashed, stunned by spell, etc)

-while casting a spell, if you move from your original location, arrive at the same x/y/z location you began your cast while not ducked, it should still resolve.

-while casting a spell, it should be possible to sit. If you are standing at the end of the cast, and at the same x/y/z coordinates you began the cast, it should resolve.

What works and what doesn't? I'm not interested in reading opinions of how they should work, only what does or doesn't so it can be fixed.

everything except for highlighted i know works, smedy was saying jumping interupts but IDK

Softcore PK
11-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes all of that is working as intended except possibly jumping. I have not tried jumping while casting.

nilbog
11-05-2011, 02:54 PM

This is working?

Smedy
11-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Cannot confirm jumping, but i though it worked, i don't know brews, i just don't click the wrong spells i am amazing no need to cancel anything

PVPBetaChamps
11-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Cannot confirm jumping, but i though it worked, i don't know brews, i just don't click the wrong spells i am amazing no need to cancel anything

this

Nixus
11-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Yes, you can sit and stand back up for land

Lulz Sect
11-05-2011, 08:23 PM

You begin casting Shieldskin.
spam /sit

You cant use that command right now...

Wonton
11-05-2011, 10:17 PM
If you are casting a spell and you jump, your spell won't be interrupted until end of cast... it's all working as said in the original post

edit:

this isn't working. you can't sit unless you hit the camp button or hit ctrl X.

Btw, I remember having to stand before casting a spell. Currently, you can be sitting and click a spell gem and it'll automatically stand you up.