PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Skeleton rattling bone Sound

Striiker
04-05-2010, 10:34 AM
I noticed that skeletons do not make that rattling bones sound when they stand up from being at rest. It's a minor issue but I miss that sound.. I don't recall if the skeletons make a similar sound when they sit (and fall into the bone pile).

maultar
04-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Good catch, I'm sure they will throw it in the next update seems like an easy fix.

FatMagic
04-05-2010, 10:38 AM
The sound you are looking for is the one attached - and I haven't noticed it in game either. And I believe it only occurs when the Skeleton stands up.

Striiker
04-05-2010, 10:43 AM
I am quite certain that the server needs to send the associated sound command to the clients near the skeleton when it executes the stand / sit animations and so it's a simple fix. I'd like to say that the sitting skeleton also makes the sound (about 85% certain). I enjoyed being in this form with my enchanter as it made it easy to identify who I was to the group (and it was cool :) ) so you'd think I could remember.

maultar
04-05-2010, 10:57 AM
I never had the sound under the sounds directory. The server might be sending the command we just don't have the file. I can't test until after work though :(

Striiker
04-05-2010, 11:08 AM
I never had the sound under the sounds directory. The server might be sending the command we just don't have the file. I can't test until after work though :(

I just tried copying the file to the sounds directory and tested the skeleton sit / stand animations with a necro pet and didn't hear anything. I am sure that if the server was sending the commands to the client, that we'd see some error message..

maultar
04-05-2010, 11:16 AM
K ya, guess we'll have to wait for the dev's fix next update.

FatMagic
04-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Yah the sound I posted wasn't from the EQ directory, but something I found online months ago (from a huge sound repository before I started play on P99)

Rogean
04-05-2010, 01:17 PM
We can't fix client side issues.

maultar
04-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Client side? Can you elaborate please? I found it funny that the titanium disks wouldn't even install that file. Was that noise not at classic release?

Does client side in this case mean it's our issue not the servers?

Striiker
04-05-2010, 04:12 PM
This is a client side issue?! I ran EQ Live off of the Titanium client in the past and the sound that the skeletons make was present then. I also remember the sounds back in the classic days. I'm not familiar with the exact mechanics but I assumed that the server sends out a command to those in audio range to play a particular sound, similarly it would send out a command to the clients to play a death animation at a particular spot which the client renders based upon distance, LOS etc.
It's a minor issue and I (and everyone) obviously will live without it but I wanted to raise this as a bug since it is different from any live server during any era. I really like the sounds from Everquest and this was a part of it. It was even a warning when I got too close to the dread corpse in Qeynos Hills.. Get too close to the pile of bones and you suddenly hear those rattling bones coming your way..

doacleric
04-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Its possible that the /pet sit down sound command isn't being sent to the client. However, more than likely, the ability for the client to play that sound for skeletons was completely removed by SoE themselves. Are you 100% sure that the get up sound effect worked in eqlive back around 2005 with the LDON skeleton models?

Striiker
04-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Its possible that the /pet sit down sound command isn't being sent to the client. However, more than likely, the ability for the client to play that sound for skeletons was completely removed by SoE themselves. Are you 100% sure that the get up sound effect worked in eqlive back around 2005 with the LDON skeleton models?

If you mean when they released the newer looking skeleton models, I am pretty sure. I of course start to question myself because it has been quite a while. I remember making the sound when as an enchanter, I stood up while in skeleton or drybone form. I am going to assume that it has always been in game. The reason being that it really stood out to me when I first started playing on P1999. The first time I saw the skeletons stand up, it was immediately noticed as missing. I wasn't sure if it was something server-side as there are other sounds which are missing (which I mentioned in another thread) which I recall while playing live. I was hoping it was a simple change to have the sound associated with a particular action (such as the shuffle sound when one sits or stands, or death sounds associated with a death animation). Come to think about it, I don't recall hearing the death cries from anyone in P1999 when they fall to the ground dead (I could be wrong). I'll review this further and post.

Sundawg
05-24-2012, 04:53 PM
And I believe it only occurs when the Skeleton stands up.

Should happen when the skeleton stands up and sits down. Same sound for either action.

maximum
04-12-2015, 01:29 PM
Bump. What's up with this?

Shoop
07-27-2015, 06:09 AM
yes this sound should happen when you sit down in skeleton illusion form too

LGraves
07-27-2015, 07:37 AM
yeah i miss this sound. wish it worked.

uolen
07-27-2015, 04:36 PM
I made a new bugs forum post about this, and they refered me to this post, which as we all can see, accomplished nothing.