PDA

View Full Version : Ducking should interuppt your cast for the love of skillful PVP!

Lovely
11-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Please make it so you can instantly cancel spellls by ducking!! It makes pvp a lot more skillful and you can adjust to new situations a lot faster instead of being stuck in a 7 second cast.

What's the reason for it not working anyway? Why the change from the Blue server?

Half of the time PVP just becomes becomes a guessing game with the current system in 1v1 situations since you can't instantly duck and adjust. For example Lovely is casting an Ice comet. Target starts running OOR. Then Lovely would like to to cancel it and try a snare/root/stun instead of running around stuck in my cast for 6.3 seconds.

I really don't see a reason for it not working beside that it might help baddies that only spam Ice comet for example :D:D:D:D:D:D

Mardur
11-05-2011, 08:59 AM
So in your delusional thought process a system where you can instantly stop any "incorrect spell choice" promotes skill over a system that requires you to make thoughtful choices on which spells to cast ahead of time?

DarthPeon
11-05-2011, 09:13 AM
The current system of ducking as intended provides for a higher level of skill. You absolutely have to think about what you prefer to cast and the consequences.

It's a small but simple way of bridging the gap between casters and melee.

Definitely should not be changed from how it was in classic.

Booglie
11-05-2011, 09:21 AM
it also allows you to respond to a situation that changes rather then just guessing what the situation will be by the end of your spell. much more fun imo.

Smedy
11-05-2011, 11:52 AM
So in your delusional thought process a system where you can instantly stop any "incorrect spell choice" promotes skill over a system that requires you to make thoughtful choices on which spells to cast ahead of time?

this.

or try jumping, seriously.

PVPBetaChamps
11-05-2011, 12:20 PM
yea, try jumping off a bridge u fucking moran

Knuckle
11-05-2011, 01:07 PM
lol

Naez 4.20
11-05-2011, 01:23 PM
not classic working as intended

valithteezee
11-05-2011, 01:40 PM
not classic working as intended

Not classic, ruining my immersion.

oldfish
11-05-2011, 02:06 PM

Its not the point, ducking to stop casting was in classic. I see no good reason to alter it.

Softcore PK
11-05-2011, 02:12 PM
not classic

oldfish
11-05-2011, 02:19 PM
not classic

Yes, its classic. Its classic Rallos Zek at least, i remember quite vividly ducking to cancel a spell's loading bar.

I only started to play during roughly summer 2000 though, so it might not actually be classic.

Softcore PK
11-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Yes, its classic. Its classic Rallos Zek at least, i remember quite vividly ducking to cancel a spell's loading bar.

No, it wasn't classic. I'm not sure at what point it was added into the game, but it wasn't at the start. They will add the ability to cancel spells this way at some point, probably during kunark.

oldfish
11-05-2011, 02:23 PM
No, it wasn't classic. I'm not sure at what point it was added into the game, but it wasn't at the start. They will add the ability to cancel spells this way at some point, probably during kunark.

If that is indeed the case, i guess they should leave it out until the timeline hits.

Mardur
11-05-2011, 02:28 PM
It's classic as fucc you morans

Ames
11-05-2011, 03:48 PM
immersion ruined