PDA

View Full Version : Through unbalance comes balance.

returnofahipster
11-04-2011, 10:32 AM
most of the red99 community is going to be people engaging in pixialted jihad to compensate for their errors in their own lives. if their race/class combo isn't a full proof plan to making others miserable (to make themselves feel better) they are going to whine and complain. im suprised we haven't had more complaning about removing hybrid penalty for pvp server. Fact is in nearly every class is op in some form or another just in different ways.

Bard - jack of all trades, . played well, your worst nightmare.
Ranger - track, can stalk you and wait for a good time to strike, bows.
Paladin - can heal decently, Lay of hands, stuns. ability to last awhille.
Shadowknight - harm touch, pet is a nuisance, darkness spells, large races.
Enchanter - Tash, Mez, Charm pets, Jewelcrafting for making pp.
Wizard - Given an ideal setting, will drop most chars 1 vs 1 quickly.
Magician - Big griefer early on, Earth pet, Damage shield.
Necromancer - Nice pet though undead, Dots, Life taps, Darkness, Good 1vs1.
Druid - kings of the outdoors, sow, snare, Damage shield, dots.
Shaman - Big buffs, SoW earliest, Great Dots, large races, cannabilize.
Cleric - Divine Aura, Best heals,Buff all resists, Cure all conditons, a hard kill.
Warrior - With support and resists they are a juggernaut. Best hp, Good dps.
Monk - With support from friends a quick and brutal amount of dps. FD, Mend.
Rogue - Backstab. Great Dps. Good at sneaking in when enemy is low on hp!

No not every class has a win / kill button. But would the game be any fun if it did? The closest thing you get to a kill button is Wizard, but they have their disadvantages too. No everquest isn't balanced in the sameway modern game are, but at the same time its developers weren't stupid. Designed for pve? Yes. Classes unable to pvp in general? No! Every class has its moments to shine, some will more then others. The questions we must ask ourselves are is the point of Red 99 to Player kill, grief, and be the mike tyson of a box? Or is the point of the new server Nostalgia, pvp added to end disputes, an added element of suprise, additional high level player vs player content, and being able to start 100% classic on a fresh box! For the average player I think the mindset is somewhere between the two. Im sorry everyone can't get what they want, but saying "not classic" has become like declaring shenanagins. Just play your class well, and you will have your moments to shine (and die too :( )

stonetz
11-04-2011, 02:33 PM
most of the red99 community is going to be people engaging in pixialted jihad to compensate for their errors in their own lives. if their race/class combo isn't a full proof plan to making others miserable (to make themselves feel better) they are going to whine and complain. im suprised we haven't had more complaning about removing hybrid penalty for pvp server. Fact is in nearly every class is op in some form or another just in different ways.

Paladin - can heal decently, Lay of hands, stuns. ability to last awhille.
Shadowknight - harm touch, pet is a nuisance, darkness spells, large races.
Enchanter - Tash, Mez, Charm pets, Jewelcrafting for making pp.
Wizard - Given an ideal setting, will drop most chars 1 vs 1 quickly.
Necromancer - Nice pet though undead, Dots, Life taps, Darkness, Good 1vs1.
Cleric - Divine Aura, Best heals,Buff all resists, Cure all conditons, a hard kill.
Warrior - With support and resists they are a juggernaut. Best hp, Good dps.
Monk - With support from friends a quick and brutal amount of dps. FD, Mend.
Rogue - Backstab. Great Dps. Good at sneaking in when enemy is low on hp!

No not every class has a win / kill button. But would the game be any fun if it did? The closest thing you get to a kill button is Wizard, but they have their disadvantages too. No everquest isn't balanced in the sameway modern game are, but at the same time its developers weren't stupid. Designed for pve? Yes. Classes unable to pvp in general? No! Every class has its moments to shine, some will more then others. The questions we must ask ourselves are is the point of Red 99 to Player kill, grief, and be the mike tyson of a box? Or is the point of the new server Nostalgia, pvp added to end disputes, an added element of suprise, additional high level player vs player content, and being able to start 100% classic on a fresh box! For the average player I think the mindset is somewhere between the two. Im sorry everyone can't get what they want, but saying "not classic" has become like declaring shenanagins. Just play your class well, and you will have your moments to shine (and die too :( )

Ranger - kind of sucks pre EQ AM3 - gets SoW / snare
Paladin - depends a lot if stun lands
Shadowknight - mean in pvp unless resists really screw them somehow
Enchanter - Going to depend on final MR resists a lot
Wizard - Depends on resists but probably rock people, lures in Kunark make resists not an issue.
Necromancer - If taps are unresistable it will be hard as hell to beat
Warrior - Geared they rock but depends on how resists are, if they can be rooted and snared easy etc they're toast.
Monk - Choo Choooooooo!!!
Rogue - If your best bet is to jump someone weak sitting down (who can't kill someone that way) then you suck. I killed Rogues on my druid with just my DS and a heal or two. In classic rogues were terrible, I felt bad for them until I logged back in a year ago and they were one shotting people. DS destroys them, might not be so bad before everyone has see invis though. Easy epic when Kunark comes out.

SearyxTZ
11-04-2011, 02:45 PM

^lol

So what's the point here - that every class has different skills? Groundbreaking stuff, man.

Best regards,
Mike Tyson of the box

juicedsixfo
11-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Rogue - If your best bet is to jump someone weak sitting down (who can't kill someone that way) then you suck. I killed Rogues on my druid with just my DS and a heal or two. In classic rogues were terrible, I felt bad for them until I logged back in a year ago and they were one shotting people. DS destroys them, might not be so bad before everyone has see invis though. Easy epic when Kunark comes out.

If you fought rogues who continued to hit you without dispelling your damage shield, then yes, you fought a bunch of newbs. While druid's are one of the worst match ups for a rogue, it's still plenty doable with the right items and some actual skill at your class. It might take the rogue a bunch of pells (on his target and himself) and sure, the druid can always run away, but who's playing this game to play 1 vs 1 anyway?

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-04-2011, 03:02 PM
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1557/91919161.jpg

Amuk
11-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Nah he's right, not much a rogue can do vs a druid - two clickies is enough to cancel your pumice spam. I mean if you want to theorycraft a golem wand into a 1v1 he'd probably just gate and laugh. Once druids get chloroblast as long as they can chill in a corner you can't out dps it, regardless of their gear.

Muaar
11-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Yeah that's the beauty of EQ and why WoW sucks ass.

guineapig
11-04-2011, 03:43 PM
what happened to all the other posts? or did this moran just make an entire new thread posting the same thing

No, server chat isn't meant for stupid troll posts.

stonetz
11-04-2011, 05:20 PM
If you fought rogues who continued to hit you without dispelling your damage shield, then yes, you fought a bunch of newbs. While druid's are one of the worst match ups for a rogue, it's still plenty doable with the right items and some actual skill at your class. It might take the rogue a bunch of pells (on his target and himself) and sure, the druid can always run away, but who's playing this game to play 1 vs 1 anyway?

DS buried, fully buffed with junk buffs up top and instant clickies rogues never killed my DS. If a druid knows how to play there is no reason in hell he should lose to a rogue unless it's something really stupid / unfair.

If they're both skilled the druid should win even if the rogue is really geared. If the druid is has no idea at all what they're doing and the rogue does / is geared then they might have a chance. I think druid vs rogue is about as unfair as it gets unless you're talking about ungeared melee in general.

juicedsixfo
11-04-2011, 05:54 PM
DS buried, fully buffed with junk buffs up top and instant clickies rogues never killed my DS. If a druid knows how to play there is no reason in hell he should lose to a rogue unless it's something really stupid / unfair.

If they're both skilled the druid should win even if the rogue is really geared. If the druid is has no idea at all what they're doing and the rogue does / is geared then they might have a chance. I think druid vs rogue is about as unfair as it gets unless you're talking about ungeared melee in general.

I'm pretty sure I said druids are one of the worst match ups for a rogue. I totally agree. All I said was that it's "doable" under the right circumstances (which goes for just about any class vs class argument). There's always plenty of newb druids and I'd be willing to bet the majority of people still playing a rogue at 50 will know what they're doing. But again, 1vs1 isn't what end game PvP is about.

stonetz
11-04-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm pretty sure I said druids are one of the worst match ups for a rogue. All I said was that it's "doable" under the right circumstances. There's always plenty of newb druids and I'd be willing to bet the majority of people still playing a rogue at 50 will know what they're doing. But again, 1vs1 isn't what end game PvP is about.

Yep I agree, if the druid really sucks and the rogue doesn't he can win.

Crazerous
11-04-2011, 06:08 PM
what match up is good for a rogue in classic? lol

juicedsixfo
11-04-2011, 06:27 PM
what match up is good for a rogue in classic? lol

One where the rogue has a bard, shaman, shadowknight, and necro with him :)

Tumdumm
11-04-2011, 06:32 PM
im suprised we haven't had more complaning about removing hybrid penalty for pvp server.

WOAH JACKPOT

taakyn
11-04-2011, 07:01 PM