PDA

View Full Version : Rogean: Null is out of control and must be stopped

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-04-2011, 12:32 AM
Spells like this did not land on EQ live against anyone wearing resist gear and it's obvious to any sane person why:

Spell: Flash of Light
Mana: 12
Casting Time: 1.5
Duration: 2 ticks

This spell is far too powerful for it's mana cost and has no reuse timer either. You can spam it all day without your mana bar moving at all. This 12 mana spell is even more detrimental than being hit by a partially resisted, level 50 druid nuke for 2100% more mana cost in many situations. Anything less than a 90% resist rate for this spell against a well geared player is just completely unacceptable to any rational person.

The same thing applies to spells like this:

Spell: Clinging Darkness
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 8 per tick
2: Decrease Movement by 30% (L10)
Mana: 20
Casting Time: 1.75

For 20 mana which makes virtually no dent in your mana bar, you get to snare someone and remove their SoW. Assuming you believe such a spell should even be in PvP at all, how much mana do you think it should cost to snare someone and remove their sow at the same time? I'd say 100mana at the very least (equivalent to 80% resist rate), and up to 200 mana at the high end (90% resist rate). Otherwise, the spell would be too powerful for it's mana cost.

Do you see a pattern here? If you actually believe these spells should land in PvP, the server needs a resist system that makes you cough up enough mana in relation to how powerful the spell is. Currently, it doesn't.

The most obvious way to fix this problem is use normal EQ magic resists but cap it at 90% instead of 98%. This means if someone had 120 magic resist, it would take you 10 casts to land snare, darkness, or blind and the appropriate amount of mana would be deducted from you to get it to land. This also makes the spell land infrequently enough so that it's not the main PvP strategy for every fight, unlike how it is currently.

Players like Lumie, yes, Lumie, are already refusing to play on this server due to these ridiculous game mechanics. If you have game mechanics that prevent someone from playing whose favorite website is http://lunaticoutpost.com then something is obviously wrong.

The following picture is not a caricature, this is a real life picture of Null:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3389/evilagentsmith.jpg

Combobreaker
11-04-2011, 12:34 AM
Oh boy

Titanuk
11-04-2011, 12:34 AM
he mad

Pudge
11-04-2011, 12:37 AM
.................................................. .................................................. .........

please remove this thread from general chat. maybe rants and flames is more appropriate.

stonetz
11-04-2011, 12:38 AM
flash of light landing is pretty lame though.

Other than that Lumie isn't going to be here?

stonetz
11-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Couldn't devs just make like a +50 resist check or something on the really mean spells like flash of light. I guess it would screw it up in pvp though.

Scowl
11-04-2011, 12:41 AM
No Lumie?

Peace.

Toomuch
11-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Ok, that was a bit of a flame, but he's got a point that these spells are landing a bit too easily. I like the 90% idea, or something at least more along those lines than how easily things land, some kind of middle ground or something. I haven't played in the last couple of days, been way busy with work and other RL things going on, but at the time of the event, snare/root, blind, and stun were all way too easy to land for the massive difference that they make in a fight, even if the durations end up being short.

Naez 4.20
11-04-2011, 12:51 AM
decent

SearyxTZ
11-04-2011, 12:59 AM
The following picture is not a caricature, this is a real life picture of Null:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3389/evilagentsmith.jpg

This is not correct.

Null is the Architect

http://thepopulist.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/matrix-architect.jpg

I am the evil box-killing virus. You aren't Neo though so lol

SearyxTZ
11-04-2011, 01:00 AM
Also having 1 post and using "Lumi won't play here" isn't helping your cred much. Just sayin

SearyxTZ
11-04-2011, 01:02 AM
I do agree on this though

The most obvious way to fix this problem is use normal EQ magic resists but cap it at 90% instead of 98%.

But your example with clinging + FoL is a little flawed unless you bring the 49 darkness into the argument. If you balance based around clinging darkness..... what happens to the 49 version? It's useless. It sucks. It costs 90000 mana but is subject to the same resist rates. You have a strike a balance there.

pasi
11-04-2011, 01:21 AM
I do agree on this though

But your example with clinging + FoL is a little flawed unless you bring the 49 darkness into the argument. If you balance based around clinging darkness..... what happens to the 49 version? It's useless. It sucks. It costs 90000 mana but is subject to the same resist rates. You have a strike a balance there.

Necros shouldn't be using the level 49 darkness over the level 29 darkness. I get the point you're trying to make, but yeah - I don't think a necro should even try to snare MR'd targets in PVP at all. And if you are really pressed to use a snare in PvP or PvE, you're gonna be rocking Dooming Darkness.

Null
11-04-2011, 01:39 AM
Couldn't devs just make like a +50 resist check or something on the really mean spells like flash of light. I guess it would screw it up in pvp though.

It already has a +75 check.

Also as I have said a few times in other threads, lots of changes are coming next patch so complaining about the way things are is worthless.

Kain
11-04-2011, 03:24 AM
Hah, I was actually thinking of rolling a paladin just so I can spam flash of light on people..

Tamiah2011
11-04-2011, 06:08 AM
I played classic 1999 RZ and I do remimber Flash of light landing very easy and It is not very hard to counter.

Tamiah2011
11-04-2011, 06:10 AM
Necros shouldn't be using the level 49 darkness over the level 29 darkness. I get the point you're trying to make, but yeah - I don't think a necro should even try to snare MR'd targets in PVP at all. And if you are really pressed to use a snare in PvP or PvE, you're gonna be rocking Dooming Darkness.

Back in 99 we use to use lower lvl spells cause they did not resist as easy and cost alot less to cast.

Glam
11-04-2011, 06:36 AM
isnt snare a lvl 1 druid spell and should be +75 check or somthing to then?

Most be a druid complaining on this and think they have same with there spell dot and snare.....

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-04-2011, 06:37 AM
I played classic 1999 RZ and I do remimber Flash of light landing very easy and It is not very hard to counter.

Yea, because everyone on RZ was naked and you're casting on people with 25MR, not on any real server.

Tamiah2011
11-04-2011, 06:47 AM
Yea, because everyone on RZ was naked and you're casting on people with 25MR, not on any real server.

I think RZ was the best pvp server ever, If you think no item loot is a real pvp server you should play a carebear server.

mitic
11-04-2011, 07:18 AM
i have to defend null on this one.

i played a pal on last pvp event and others where resisting FoL half of the time or it lasted less than a tick

working as intended, just work on your resist armor

mostbitter
11-04-2011, 07:33 AM
having played a cleric during live i remember flash of light landing far less often than half the time and landing more like rarely/never

Billbike
11-04-2011, 07:42 AM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/djreverendrob/Waaambulance.jpg

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-04-2011, 11:40 AM
i have to defend null on this one.

i played a pal on last pvp event and others where resisting FoL half of the time or it lasted less than a tick

working as intended, just work on your resist armor

Oh, so blind only lands half the time, like a spell that makes your entire screen black like your computer just crashed landing 50% of the time isn't retardation incarnate.

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Blind and snare aren't "every spell in the game" last time I checked.

mitic
11-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Oh, so blind only lands half the time, like a spell that makes your entire screen black like your computer just crashed landing 50% of the time isn't retardation incarnate.

or it lasted less than a tick

Tamiah2011
11-04-2011, 03:07 PM

first hotkey your spells 1-10 and when you get blinded do not stand in one place unless casting then you have all your spell in hotkeys.Do not erase target.

Mardur
11-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Wehrmacht is setting himself up for when he sucks on this box he can just blame Null's resist system and not take any blame for being terrible.

"YOU PKED ME BECAUSE NULL SABOTAGED THE BOX!!!11"

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-04-2011, 03:47 PM
first hotkey your spells 1-10 and when you get blinded do not stand in one place unless casting then you have all your spell in hotkeys.Do not erase target.

Why do you keep posting this? You do know there are other classes besides caster right?

Tamiah2011
11-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Why do you keep posting this? You do know there are other classes besides caster right?

really you sure? if you have resist gear on why worrie about blind, the classes that use blind couldnt kill if they tried solo, well not unless your naked and just stood there.

jjgerman
11-11-2011, 01:43 PM
eh? shamans?

people here are so stupid