PDA

View Full Version : Bards songs are unbalanced and fucked up. (FIX PLZ)

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Okay so this happened to me twice today. Basically if a bard hits a Mez/Slow or whatever on you then they can keep singing the same song forever without it having any chance of it resisting. It doesn't matter if you have 30 MR, 250 MR or 10000 MR, if you get hit once you'll be stuck for forever.

There is no way in the universe this is balanced or good for the server. You could basically roam around with bards and if you find someone keep them mezzed. Call your guild to port in and a 100% kill. Or just grief someone for hours without them being able to do anything. You could mez someone and go take a 30 min lunch break and when yer back you'd still have the same person standing there mezzed.

First situation today. I was exping an alt in Misty and then suddenly a bard arrive with a charmed guard and tries to kill me. Obviously since I'm the best and totally pure awesomeness I destroy him instead. Then I continue to exp and let him get his corpse etc. Then he comes back again just to be gay and start to chain mez me for over 10 minutes just to be annoying.

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/5O157375.jpg

Second situation today. I roam around trying to find people to kill. I find a Cleric and a Bard at Evil Eye in Lguk. I kill the Cleric and then suddenly I get mezzed and... situation 1 happens again. He keeps me mezzed for 5 min or something and then we start talking about how stupid and imbalanced it is.... He's agreeing with me and he's actually playing a bard.

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/ZzY57381.jpg

Anyway it basically works like this. If you hit a spell once you can keep spamming the same one and it can never resist, we tried on several different spells and it always worked. If you try to swap songs etc then you get a normal resist check again like it should be...

Solution to this is pretty simple.. There should always always be a resist check on every single pulse even if you use the same song.

valithteezee
11-03-2011, 06:07 PM
I noticed something similar with their dot lines. I resisted them outright then once It stuck I didn't see a resist message again. Needs more testing.

Darwoth
11-03-2011, 06:08 PM
the fact that you petitioned the bard is hilariously carebear.

Dojii
11-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Does the AE portion of the bard function on this server?

the bard mez is supposed to function pretty much like that in classic.

The AE bard mez is the most OP thing about classic. ;p thats why I wonder if it will be in and working.

Crazerous
11-03-2011, 06:14 PM
dam this lovely guy is a real cry baby l0l
"now i will get you banned if you dont stop, grats" LOL

Naez 4.20
11-03-2011, 06:14 PM
QQ

juicedsixfo
11-03-2011, 06:15 PM
now i will get you banned since you dont stop
grats

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:16 PM
LOL I even said I was a crybaby in the picture! I knew it would be the only thing people would comment on that's why I left it in the picture. Cause people are HURT HURT HURT and will be even more HURT on live.

I petitioned cause I had hopes there would be a GM online and I wouldn't wanna be stuck there for 2 hours or more.

Harrison
11-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Guy finds a legitimate game breaking bug, and you guys are butthurt he outed the pussies abusing it...

Confirmed terrible community.

Darwoth
11-03-2011, 06:18 PM
doesn't make much sense to say folks are hurt and going to cry come launch when your screenshot shows you being hurt and crying before launch.

the whole stone throwing in glass houses thing.

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm happy I can bring happiness to you guys with leaving that in the picture.

It's pretty much confirmed HURT when it's exactly the same people trying to pick on me every time I make a post. The same 10-20 people every single time and all those I've raped in beta numerous times or it's little pussies like yourself that wouldn't dare to fight me ever ever.

mitic
11-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Guy finds a legitimate game breaking bug, and you guys are butthurt he outed the pussies abusing it...

its just the way lovely is writing posts that makes people reply the way you see here

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:24 PM
its just the way lovely is writing posts that makes people reply the way you see here

Hahahahaaha yeah that's the whole goal of it. It's extremely funny to see who's hurt and who I should destroy extra much on live.

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Anyway I assume no one think it should be like this? Pretty stupid.

mitic
11-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Hahahahaaha yeah that's the whole goal of it. It's extremely funny to see who's hurt and who I should destroy extra much on live.

see what i mean folks?

Shinabaa
11-03-2011, 06:26 PM
I remember this from live, when I played my bard I could mez someone and once it stuck it wouldn't resist as long as I didn't stop my song, many people carried crim pots to counter this. Not a bug!

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Since you start the bitching I continue with it. Pretty simple. I'm never starting it

Dojii
11-03-2011, 06:28 PM
but yea its working correctly just, should be addressed if GMs want it to be that OP. Thats what im saying on other threads there are certain things that are classic that are just too OP. along with recharging OP items. there are sooo many uber ways to completely debilitate a player in classic. that they have no power to fight back at all and can be pwned instantly. But thats ultimately what happens at the end of PVP.

all the 1v1's and skirmishes on the way to 50 are fun sure. but when you are fighting over dragons in assist trains your life will flash before your eyes before you see loading please wait . . . .

or u may see a complete heal right as you hit the ground! if you have good healers in your guild. but... it all boils down to this.

Resists
and OP items/abilities.

those are the game breakers right there and thats whats going to get you killed.

but once you're geared I think the being Buffed vs Unbuffed portion is working pretty close to intended; from what i've read in other peoples feed back.

Super beast mode and removed from classic:
Fearing players
Charming Players
Whirl till you hurl perma stun

Beast mode abilities functional in classic:
Bard Mez
Bard Snare
SK Snare
Necro Mez/stun/(originally a fear spell/ Screaming Terror, Kind of a Mez/STun i believe.)
Pally and cleric stun line.
Shaman Potions (TBA Im not sure what is going on and what will be available recipes but so godly)
Cazic Potion ( all / all LORE ITEM clickable from inventory --INSTANT GATE, get out of death free card cannot channel while stun or mezzed though.)
Golem metal Wand ( Rechargeable I think? Remove 4 buffs all / all )
Ivandyr's Hoop (all / all unresistable what 3-5 charge life tap?? )
Conflag wand (dependent on resist but beastmode wizard item if it lands)

General lockdown mostly resisted when resist geared and buffed:
Roots (wiz/necro/druid/shaman/enchanter list goes on
Snare (druid/ranger/
Ensnare ( druid ranger
Darkness Line (sk / nec
Mez / Chanter Stuns AE and PBAE
incapacitate
Debuffs Shaman and Malo line

Tash
deserves its own thread. and website. if you wanna win pillage enchantment and tash. Enchanters step your game up for Red99. You will be Godlike and loved with your runes and overall uberness.

Finally;
Crimson Potion (item all / all must have if you want to avoid mez ganks)
Dispell (everyone can use via pumice)
Pillage Enchantment ( 4slot pell enchanter only. or all / all golem metal wand item)
Always have pumice, if possible get cure disease and poison potions.

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:29 PM
I remember this from live, when I played my bard I could mez someone and once it stuck it wouldn't resist as long as I didn't stop my song, many people carried crim pots to counter this. Not a bug!

Bug or not. It's still stupid. You shouldn't have to carry Crimson potions to be able to play the game. If a bard does that all you can really do is /q and hope he ain't there when you come back.

Also I assume Crimson Potion won't help you if a Bard keeps you SNARED forever and ever. People are crying about snares and roots. A bard can actually keep you snared/stunned FOREVER and you can't do anything about it. So if that's the case then roots and snares should be buffed. But I assume fixing the bard bullshit is a better solution.

juicedsixfo
11-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Also I assume Crimson Potion won't help you if a Bard keeps you SNARED forever and ever.

Wow

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Wow

You can Wow all you want. I don't know everything about this game but I will still rape and outplay you all day so it doesn't really matter. Does it?

mitic
11-03-2011, 06:32 PM
You shouldn't have to carry Crimson potions to be able to play the game.

you just outed yourself :D

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:34 PM
you just outed yourself :D

Outed myself? Explain little boy

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:34 PM
3 pages in 5 minutes. I'm happy to be on your radar!

mitic
11-03-2011, 06:38 PM
wow, how old are you since iam a little boy at the age of 34 for you

no crimson pots = guaranteed death to every cc class (if they know what they are doin)

Dojii
11-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Outed myself? Explain little boy
hes trying to troll you for saying you don't want to have to pack crimsons just for PVP.

but always remember you should.

always have at least 2 or 3 in your inventory. one for you. one for a pal. and one for emergency.

Amuk
11-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Yep majorly broken - snares/mez's should not be landing on 163 mr, period.

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:42 PM
That explains your keyboard turning. Yes I know Crimson Potions are important and I carry them around and usually have them on my bar. I'm sure there is some on previous screenshots in some other thread.

Still doesn't mean someone should be able to Mez you forever with 0 chance of resist if you haven't popped one. People are talking about how root and snares that hit like 30-50% of the time at best and usually only last a second or two are overpowered. But you agree on permanent snare or mez without any chance to resist. Makes sense. Not

Dojii
11-03-2011, 06:44 PM
That explains your keyboard turning. Yes I know Crimson Potions are important and I carry them around and usually have them on my bar. I'm sure there is some on previous screenshots in some other thread.

Still doesn't mean someone should be able to Mez you forever with 0 chance of resist if you haven't popped one. People are talking about how root and snares that hit like 30-50% of the time at best and usually only last a second or two are overpowered. But you agree on permanent snare or mez without any chance to resist. Makes sense. Not

yea you guys should make a bug report then as well. but I know with nulls code he still gives bard mez and snare Viability but.... i've seen this op function as well when it just holds. and doesn't pass resist check again.

overall it will probably just be tuned up a bit. but will still have a great part to play in PVP. but not as op.

mitic
11-03-2011, 06:45 PM
i dont see any word here from my side saying different.

just try to be less emotional when you are posting here ;) looks like you are female for real irl :D

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:45 PM
hes trying to troll you for saying you don't want to have to pack crimsons just for PVP.

but always remember you should.

always have at least 2 or 3 in your inventory. one for you. one for a pal. and one for emergency.

Trust me I always carry them and I'll always have them on my bar when I'm not out of stock. That still has nothing to do with my opinion about it.

Missing clicking a certain potion still shouldn't allow a Class CC you forever with no resist check.

Lasher
11-03-2011, 06:47 PM
It doesnt seem like that should work that way but i do remember at times getting perma mezzed by bards, i think the song also had a push back and they culd would move me around the zone

Amuk
11-03-2011, 06:47 PM
I remember perma mez with ancient bard mez in velious - and pretty much wanted to quit the game after seeing a release like that.

Darwoth
11-03-2011, 06:49 PM
dont know if thats how bard songs worked or not, but it didnt matter due to the fact bard snare and mez was not a factor on anyone with mr gear, when under the resistance system 150+ mr results in being snared every engagement anyway the previous non issue becomes one.

dont think bard supported zerger squads of shadowknights need any MORE power behind them in the form of a bard standing there playing snare song being the equivalent of a deathtouch.

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:49 PM
i dont see any word here from my side saying different.

just try to be less emotional when you are posting here ;) looks like you are female for real irl :D

lol you're the first person to ever say that to me.

Crazerous
11-03-2011, 06:52 PM
makes sense now lol

Softcore PK
11-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Bards have been op since the beginning of time, pvp and pve :P

Yes this was classic, and yes it was mostly a non-issue at high end because mez never ever landed. Until ancient mez was introduced.. unresistable!

Solution: mez on players should have a resist check every cast of the song. Also, make it a bit harder to land than enchanter mez.. enchanters can't recast it at no mana cost every 3 seconds like bards can.

juicedsixfo
11-03-2011, 06:57 PM
It doesnt seem like that should work that way but i do remember at times getting perma mezzed by bards, i think the song also had a push back and they culd would move me around the zone

It did have a push back but I don't think it's ever worked on an EQEmu server.

But bard mez has always been shitty if you get caught unprepared and completely alone (if you don't want to make friends then get used to it). You can mez/debuff someone completely down. You can mez/regen yourself if it's a 1v1. There's a million bard tactics and a bunch of them involve mez. The bard probably won't be able to kill you but it can definitely fuck with you. That's been the bard's m.o. since the dawn of time. They only get more annoying/dangerous come Kunark.

Now, with 160 MR, I do agree there should be a lot of resists woven in there.

Jirr
11-03-2011, 06:59 PM
On live, back in the day, if a bard mezzed you, the best option as a wizard was to /q. The first IC or SS that your now mez immune wizard casts would kill most bards.

juicedsixfo
11-03-2011, 07:09 PM
People have been crying about bards for years (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=55032). Bards are pests, and that's it. Welcome to EverQuest.

Lovely
11-03-2011, 07:14 PM
I don't mind them being pests or whatever. But there should be a resist chance on every pulse like every other CC ability in the game.

Combobreaker
11-03-2011, 07:22 PM
I don't mind them being pests or whatever. But there should be a resist chance on every pulse like every other CC ability in the game.

Idk if classic or not, but this makes incredibly good sense.

Muaar
11-03-2011, 07:31 PM

started out hating harrison posts but now hes one of the more tolerable posters on here

Dojii
11-03-2011, 07:33 PM
its working like classic but wether devs want it like this or not is their choice. and later on ya bard mez moved the target in the direction the bard was facing when it pulsed.

something like that.

Blingx
11-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Solution: mez on players should have a resist check every cast of the song. Also, make it a bit harder to land than enchanter mez.. enchanters can't recast it at no mana cost every 3 seconds like bards can.

While you're at it, make enchanter mezzes last 3 ticks max.

Not_Kazowi
11-03-2011, 08:09 PM
pretty simple to carry around a crim pot, every single one of lovelys post has some screen shot screaming for attention. troll more pal

Naez 4.20
11-03-2011, 08:21 PM
awful thread working as intended

Softcore PK
11-03-2011, 08:39 PM
While you're at it, make enchanter mezzes last 3 ticks max.

In those 3 ticks, bards have time for 6 chances of mezing again. And if it doesn't resist more, bards are gonna be more OP with a badass way to interrupt spells :P

Even with this nerf, bards will be best pvp class imo.

dusk883
11-03-2011, 08:44 PM

^

dusk883
11-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Even with this nerf, bards will be best pvp class imo.

Easy killer... ever play a bard past Crushbone?

Softcore PK
11-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Bard was my main on live.

Naez 4.20
11-03-2011, 09:00 PM
me2

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=453523&postcount=7

Humerox
11-03-2011, 09:12 PM

^^

This.

Mingo
11-03-2011, 09:45 PM
What a load of shit. Carry crimson pots for fucks sake. You roll with 15 buffs, you have instant click red wands, ivandyrs hoops, golem wands on beta. You have max gear better than most on beta. You're crying about a bard perma mezzing you?

Fucking /q. Relog. Click crim pot. Kill bard.

Faggot.

Petition Bug Forum is this way: http://www.project1999.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Attention whoring as a shittalking apparent failure at basic EQ pvp mechanics this way: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53484

You talk a lot of shit Lovely, i hope I run into you upon release, wonder if you'll be rolling around max geared, with max plat to recharge clicks with the ability to login 4 toons to max buff yourself to kill people grinding and beta testing. Hopefully you're as big and bad as you claim to be, maybe you can teach me something about EQ pvp. Until then, your method of reporting bugs appear to be more of a cry for attention.

L1ch
11-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Confirmed. Hawtt pwnned me in this manner earlier tonight. Thought I was just being nub.

mimixownzall
11-03-2011, 09:52 PM
What a load of shit. Carry crimson pots for fucks sake. You roll with 15 buffs, you have instant click red wands, ivandyrs hoops, golem wands on beta. You have max gear better than most on beta. You're crying about a bard perma mezzing you?

Are you fucking retarded? Crimson pot will break mez, but it does not make you immune to mez. The mez landing will still prevent casting. Thus the wizard still not being able to kill bard.

PlayervsDen
11-03-2011, 10:03 PM

The only problem is a resist check at every pulse means it wont just fuck a bard. if theres a resist check at every PULSE then it will affect spells like snare or dots or ANYTHING thats about to fade. A spell starts fading at 30 seconds. each pulse is 2 seconds, so every 2 seconds starting at that 30 second mark, theres a resist check.

now im just going to create numbers to use as an example for this:

lets say you resist snare 80% of the time. lets say it lands on you for one minute. when it gets down to 30 seconds left it pulses, then continues to pulse every 2 seconds. For every 2 seconds thats an 80% chance it will resist and snare is gone.

Furthermore, lets say snare lands and it lands with 30 seconds left. It immediately starts pulsing. so if snare isn't resisted it still gets a resist check for its first pulse at 30 seconds. so Even if you land snare you gotta hope it doesn't immediately fall off.

Lastly, I never truly paid too much attention to stuff like hit/miss ratios and resist checks and all that bullshit while playing on live because i spent my time actualy working around that shit ingame. was more fun actualy PLAYING the game and finding ways around the bullshit rather than whining like a pussy about it. unfortunately i don't the time to actualy play the game quite yet, so this information is based off of logical deductions and hypothesis' that have yet to be tested(if at all) by yours truly.

Smedy
11-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Haven't tested it but not gonna troll against it. If it is indeed unresistable, it's an issue.

Wonton
11-03-2011, 10:18 PM
tl;dr. goodnight

PlayervsDen
11-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Perhaps a better idea than fixing resists for this would be to change the chance of missing a note? increase the chance the bard will miss a note, which will end the song, and cause the bard to start the song over and add in a perhaps a 8 second coooldown on that song, forcing him to play a new song. even better would be to increase the chance of missing a note in specificly PVP instead of both PVP and PVE so that we balance the PVP part of bards but not totaly fuck their PVE game.

Naez 4.20
11-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Are you fucking retarded? Crimson pot will break mez, but it does not make you immune to mez. The mez landing will still prevent casting. Thus the wizard still not being able to kill bard.

wizard is awful then cause it's probably one of the better bard killing classes

bards have no cures, ancient mez, mana drain, overhaste et al til Luclin++ shit do they even get a velious hybrid disc? and complaining about OP lol yall are so bad

pasi
11-03-2011, 10:30 PM
The only problem is a resist check at every pulse means it wont just fuck a bard. if theres a resist check at every PULSE then it will affect spells like snare or dots or ANYTHING thats about to fade. A spell starts fading at 30 seconds. each pulse is 2 seconds, so every 2 seconds starting at that 30 second mark, theres a resist check.

now im just going to create numbers to use as an example for this:

lets say you resist snare 80% of the time. lets say it lands on you for one minute. when it gets down to 30 seconds left it pulses, then continues to pulse every 2 seconds. For every 2 seconds thats an 80% chance it will resist and snare is gone.

Furthermore, lets say snare lands and it lands with 30 seconds left. It immediately starts pulsing. so if snare isn't resisted it still gets a resist check for its first pulse at 30 seconds. so Even if you land snare you gotta hope it doesn't immediately fall off.

Lastly, I never truly paid too much attention to stuff like hit/miss ratios and resist checks and all that bullshit while playing on live because i spent my time actualy working around that shit ingame. was more fun actualy PLAYING the game and finding ways around the bullshit rather than whining like a pussy about it. unfortunately i don't the time to actualy play the game quite yet, so this information is based off of logical deductions and hypothesis' that have yet to be tested(if at all) by yours truly.

???

I'm not sure where to begin. Everytime the buff or debuff pulses on your UI (2 seconds, I guess?) - that's not a resist check happening. Second, DoTs won't fade early on their own. If you land a DoT, it's gonna run it's course unless you dispel it or die. Third, spells with periodic resist checks do such on the standard 6 second interval. Fourth, I -think- the OP meant pulses as the song refreshing itself from being left on.

Softcore PK
11-03-2011, 10:31 PM
wasn't puretone velious?

Naez 4.20
11-03-2011, 10:31 PM
lol if so

Cwall
11-03-2011, 10:36 PM
i'm not sure if lovely is cut out for this game

his emotions run wild when he hits that enter norrath button

i'm not even kidding; this seems like a legitimate issue for him and it cannot be healthy

on topic, this is one of those things that appears to be classic but is also retarded

Pudge
11-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Okay so this happened to me twice today. Basically if a bard hits a Mez/Slow or whatever on you then they can keep singing the same song forever without it having any chance of it resisting. It doesn't matter if you have 30 MR, 250 MR or 10000 MR, if you get hit once you'll be stuck for forever.

There is no way in the universe this is balanced or good for the server. You could basically roam around with bards and if you find someone keep them mezzed. Call your guild to port in and a 100% kill. Or just grief someone for hours without them being able to do anything. You could mez someone and go take a 30 min lunch break and when yer back you'd still have the same person standing there mezzed.

lol this is exactly what happened to me in vztz one time. i was harassing big rosanne pretty hard on my druid, killin him repeatedly as he boxed cleric as well. anyway after about 45 minutes dojii came and kept me mezed for literally 30 minutes before 4 of his guildmates came and surrounded me to kill. (don't worry though, i still escaped. cheetah'd off a cliff and gated)

Not_Kazowi
11-03-2011, 10:59 PM

Faggot.

Petition Bug Forum is this way: http://www.project1999.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Attention whoring as a shittalking apparent failure at basic EQ pvp mechanics this way: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53484

You talk a lot of shit Lovely, i hope I run into you upon release, wonder if you'll be rolling around max geared, with max plat to recharge clicks with the ability to login 4 toons to max buff yourself to kill people grinding and beta testing. Hopefully you're as big and bad as you claim to be, maybe you can teach me something about EQ pvp. Until then, your method of reporting bugs appear to be more of a cry for attention.

this made me smile

Not_Kazowi
11-03-2011, 11:02 PM
also: lol at lovely crying about someone griefing and it having nothing to do with PVP. pretty sure you bind camped my naked cleric at her bind with 4 of your buddies, eventually trying to knock me into lava and cause me xp loss, while i was trying to beta test. that all definitely has a lot to do with "pvp" although i didnt care, i waited for you to move on then proceeded to play Everquest, take notes son.

you really made yourself a sore thumb in this beta, i dont think live is going to be as badass as you think it is for yourself

PlayervsDen
11-03-2011, 11:27 PM
???

I'm not sure where to begin. Everytime the buff or debuff pulses on your UI (2 seconds, I guess?) - that's not a resist check happening. Second, DoTs won't fade early on their own. If you land a DoT, it's gonna run it's course unless you dispel it or die. Third, spells with periodic resist checks do such on the standard 6 second interval. Fourth, I -think- the OP meant pulses as the song refreshing itself from being left on.

I wasn;t saying "this is how it is" i was responding to lovely's quote with a reason why i didn't think it would work that way:

there should be a resist chance on every pulse like every other CC ability in the game.

see? i was simply telling him why it wouldn't work with resist checking every pulse. and you are correct the op meant pulses as the song refreshes itself from being left on.... which if i remember correctly is every 2 seconds. I'm not completely sure if it truly is refreshed every 2 seconds. I'm also unsure whether or not it is completely coincidental that the timing of the spell in your UI fading is the ssame as a bards song refreshing itself. as i pointed out at the end of my last post i don't know all the mathematics, simply creating an idea useing what little knowledge i have combined with some logic.

Softcore PK
11-03-2011, 11:31 PM
I haven't played in years, but I'm pretty sure it's every 6 seconds.

PlayervsDen
11-03-2011, 11:32 PM
the bard song refreshes every 6 seconds or every tick is 6 seconds?

Softcore PK
11-03-2011, 11:35 PM
A server tick has always been 6 seconds, and a song left on without canceling (no twisting) refreshes itself every 6 seconds.

Right?

PlayervsDen
11-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Aaaah i see. thanks for pointing that out :) i knew a tick was every 6 seconds, i was unsure if bard songs refreshed with each tick or if it was a separate timer.

Lazortag
11-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Just to be clear, when red99 launches I will be chain mezzing Fish Bait members until they detag themselves. I've chain mezzed players for several days straight so don't think I'll eventually get tired. I feel this is a legitimate tactic to deter people from making poor decisions like joining a guild with Salty as leader.

Basically, this is what you get for fucking with bluebies:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/itsnotrightnotright/EQ000310.jpg

Detag from Fish Bait and renounce griefing, and you may be spared from my Bardly wrath.

Terpuntine
11-04-2011, 12:20 AM
I like your style lazortag.

Lulz Sect
11-04-2011, 12:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5YUDP.png

Dojii
11-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Bard song which is a DS Psalm of Purity (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=716) needs to have cure poison counters on it. I believe it removes 3-6 counters of poison per pulse.

Psalm of Vitality (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=715) is a damage shield but should also remove disease counters.

Essentially thats how bards cured in classic was through that DS song. It wasn't later till they removed the cure function of these songs and the created the Cure disease and poison song.

So those songs need to be curing as well as providing a Damage Shield.

ALSO Kelin's Lucid Lullaby (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=724) should be AREA EFFECT mez in classic.

You can read some of the alla comments and players are talking about its huge power in gathering and sustaining a whole zone of mobs. great for powerleveling I might add. so... make sure you make alot of bards!!!

Naez 4.20
11-04-2011, 12:52 AM
i agree with everything u said

Humerox
11-04-2011, 01:34 AM
I like your style lazortag.

G rocks. He needs to start that guild.

rivalxl
11-04-2011, 03:27 AM
The song is resistible, i had a naked necromancer resist it last night. I am sorry that i didnt take a screen shot and cry for nerf when i saw the resist.

Softcore PK
11-04-2011, 03:29 AM
It's resistible, yes. The issue is, though, that the song only checks that first time for a resist. So once it lands, so long as the bard does not cancel song, a person is mezzed 4 ever.

Lovely
11-04-2011, 05:36 AM
Good morning my friends!

People cry about root/snare landing to much and is OP in group pvp due to spam.. How freaking OP isn't a Bard snare then? 1x Bard alone can you keep you snared forever and ever while his buddies beat you down. What potion are you gonna use for that? Gate potion? Not like dispelling it will make a difference.

SearyxTZ
11-04-2011, 05:47 AM
the fact that you petitioned the bard is hilariously carebear.

This.

Carebear confirmed.

Lovely
11-04-2011, 05:50 AM
1v1 on beta rite now. Bring it any class you like

Preferably Shaman/Necro/Sk to shame you

Bazia
11-04-2011, 07:46 AM
1v1 on beta rite now. Bring it any class you like

Preferably Shaman/Necro/Sk to shame you

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkOizt0OmId9jjEwd0B7s7mSfNq_xHQ qCXPfwIJfPBtAN8WevKyQ

Authority
11-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Meet me at the flagpole at 3:30.

XiakenjaTZ
11-04-2011, 09:23 AM
It should do a resist check each time the song cycles.

The way he brought this up is lame but he is not wrong

Crazerous
11-04-2011, 09:42 AM
has this lovely dude ever even played eq pvp that wasnt on an emu server??? the guy is a idiot lol. needs to be the 18th already so i can bind camp this newb

Nune
11-04-2011, 09:48 AM
has this lovely dude ever even played eq pvp that wasnt on an emu server??? the guy is an idiot lol. needs to be the 18th already so i can bind camp this newb
fyp

Lovely
11-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Bind camp the greatest? I don't think so. But feel free to list your live names and we'll see who will do the bind camping :D

Lulz Sect
11-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Lovely, stock up on these to get past this.

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/4/e/4ecc22c608ca0dbca4e8189174ccd878.png

XiakenjaTZ
11-04-2011, 10:12 AM
you all really think a song like that should just have one resist check at the beginning and never again?

Prova
11-04-2011, 10:14 AM
I've always considered this to be fundamental to how the bard plays. If you're sticking to one song because it landed and you can't risk another resist of it, thats a choice. As previously stated, if resistances are nailed down a little better, this ceases to be an issue. If we're talking about mid level stuff where resists are out of the question, there are far bigger concerns than bards at this level. If a a bard gets the drop on you 1v1, you should have a crim pot up no question. In group PvP, bards trying this strategy will be forgoing resists and selos. Since they can't twist, in group v group they'd be easy to FF down if they have someone snare locked.

Just because a few griefers had bards boosted up to 50 here don't let that fool you into thinking you will see many on live. With charm agroing not functioning correctly, they're going to be significantly more difficult to level solo, and without the direct ability to blow people up or save lives, most will get tired of them pretty quick.

Overall I think that any change is unnecessary. The mechanic is engrained as they come and I don't think think the PvP consequences will be as great as they appear due to the above reasons (scarcity and a higher pop). The change would mostly just hurt the bard PvE while leveling.

If the server is such a waste land that he can keep you mezzed unharassed for long periods then we have more important problems to be thinking about.

Crazerous
11-04-2011, 10:15 AM
this will be my name

Lovely
11-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Lovely, stock up on these to get past this.

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/4/e/4ecc22c608ca0dbca4e8189174ccd878.png

Thanks for the tip

Here is some screens probably 2 weeks old

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52416

Check inventory

Lovely
11-04-2011, 10:26 AM
It's pretty obvious that the developers will try to fix the Bard issue. Not much else to discuss. The way it currently works is stupid and if you can't see that then your also STUPID LAWL

Krypt
11-04-2011, 10:31 AM
It's pretty obvious that the developers will try to fix the Bard issue. Not much else to discuss. The way it currently works is stupid and if you can't see that then your also STUPID LAWL

Its a little lame. But it was funny when it happened.

Gnar
11-04-2011, 10:33 AM

people like you are the reason people like us play eq

Lazortag
11-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Bard song which is a DS Psalm of Purity (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=716) needs to have cure poison counters on it. I believe it removes 3-6 counters of poison per pulse.

Psalm of Vitality (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=715) is a damage shield but should also remove disease counters.

Essentially thats how bards cured in classic was through that DS song. It wasn't later till they removed the cure function of these songs and the created the Cure disease and poison song.

So those songs need to be curing as well as providing a Damage Shield.

ALSO Kelin's Lucid Lullaby (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=724) should be AREA EFFECT mez in classic.

You can read some of the alla comments and players are talking about its huge power in gathering and sustaining a whole zone of mobs. great for powerleveling I might add. so... make sure you make alot of bards!!!

Dojii, have you ever played on p99 or on the red99 beta? Firstly, Kelin's Lucid Lullaby is an ae on the server already (although its resists are nowhere near classically accurate). Secondly, Psalm of Purity and Psalm of Vitality were not DS's in classic (just look at old everlore archives). They removed 1 poison counter, which again is something you can confirm with a little bit of research.

Lovely
11-04-2011, 10:49 AM
people like you are the reason people like us play eq

Haha that's what I'm saying. I'm happy I can bring so much joy to the server! My goal is to have as many people as possible wanting to kill me. It makes my gaming experience so much more interesting and enjoyable.

Win/Win situation!

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Having crap like this is no surprise to anyone that played under the Null resist regime on VZTZ. There will be all kinds of broken things like this which is why I was horrified when I found out Null was doing resists here.

Lulz Sect
11-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Having crap like this is no surprise to anyone that played under the Null resist regime on VZTZ. There will be all kinds of broken things like this which is why I was horrified when I found out Null was doing resists here.

http://i.imgur.com/4wp0t.png

Nirgon
11-04-2011, 11:09 AM
pretty simple to carry around a crim pot, every single one of lovelys post has some screen shot screaming for attention. troll more pal

Or have a nearby buddy hit you to break it.

Lulz Sect
11-04-2011, 11:12 AM

<--- http://i.imgur.com/5AQqv.jpg

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-04-2011, 11:15 AM

Are you kidding, this is the VZTZ resist system we're talking about. Soon as mez breaks, a chanter will walk up and perma stun you with whirl till you hurl, or a rogue mage pet will wander by and one round you for 9999 damage.

Nirgon
11-04-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm suggesting a viable option cuz its ffa and not teams.

I've complained about the resists as well. I'm not touching this with a 100 foot pole wearing gloves with a glove on the end of the pole until that's changed up.

Mardur
11-04-2011, 11:22 AM
It did have a push back but I don't think it's ever worked on an EQEmu server.

Definitely worked on VZTZ, I played a bard and mezpushed big Littlegyno off bee island with it.

Lazortag
11-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Holy shit some of you are stupid. It's actually frustrating reading your posts because you have no clue whatsoever what you're talking about. I seriously worry that people will read what you say and believe that it accurately portrays how the mechanics of red99 work so far.

This has nothing to do with Null. This is a bug on p99 also and it works on NPC's (I knew about it for a while but wasn't aware that it was a bug).

Are you kidding, this is the VZTZ resist system we're talking about. Soon as mez breaks, a chanter will walk up and perma stun you with whirl till you hurl, or a rogue mage pet will wander by and one round you for 9999 damage.

This is a classic server, so whirl till you hurl isn't going to last 12 seconds every time. It was classically nerfed on p99 months ago. Also, if you've actually tested resists you'll find they're not that bad. From my experience at high resist values (100+) I would be extremely surprised if any one enchanter could perma stun you.

I'm suggesting a viable option cuz its ffa and not teams.

I've complained about the resists as well. I'm not touching this with a 100 foot pole wearing gloves with a glove on the end of the pole until that's changed up.

I'm assuming you've just never played on the beta server in the past few weeks, and that you have no idea what you're talking about.

It's amazing how much the vztz crowd whines about red99 when it's clearly going to be vastly superior to the server they knew and loved so much. Incredible.

edit: yes, Crission's Pixie Strike has a slight knockback effect, but it only works in pvp for some reason. That should be looked into.

Lovely
11-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Wasn't this beta server a straight copy from the blue project99 server? I think Null is doing a great job so far. The server has slowly been improving every patch and I'm sure the next patch will be the best one so far.

Just report the stupid spell imbalances and I'm sure they will be fixed!

Lulz Sect
11-04-2011, 12:10 PM
haven't looked back to blue 1999 since beta launched

yes it's that good

JayFiveAlive
11-04-2011, 12:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5YUDP.png

Off topic:
Omg you are hilarious! I love that your name is Lulz Sect and you are a troll rofl. I see what you did there :D I had to show your screenshot to some friends just cause of that.

On topic:
Bard songs should do resist check at each tick plx. Seems more fair anyway.

Softcore PK
11-04-2011, 12:32 PM
yes, Crission's Pixie Strike has a slight knockback effect, but it only works in pvp for some reason. That should be looked into.

I remember this working the opposite way on live. NPCs would be pushed, but PCs would stay in place..

gloinz
11-04-2011, 12:51 PM

<--- http://i.imgur.com/5AQqv.jpg

lol ill b ur buddy pal

Jessie
11-04-2011, 01:51 PM

Faggot.

Lovely should read this every morning. Good stuff, would read again.

Lovely
11-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Lovely should read this every morning. Good stuff, would read again.

The anxiety and fear i put into you people. I understand it's hard to have someone so superior around.

Jelly jelly jellyyyy

Edit: Should see how scared most people are when I jump them, they panic so hard that they spam slam on me when I'm not even casting spells lawlll

Lovely
11-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Let the hating begin..

Jessie
11-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Every community needs a "Lovely". It would be boring if someone wasn't crying all the time.

Lovely
11-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Every community needs a "Lovely". It would be boring if there wasn't someone who made everyone cry all the time.

Jessie
11-04-2011, 02:21 PM
LOL I even said I was a crybaby in the picture!

QQ

Darksinga
11-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Lovely...

If mez song hits it has a MR debuff on it, hence why if you get hit once you'll be stuck in it...

Learn to have a crimson pot, bards can't cure poison/disease til LoY so CP makes bard mez void.

Lulz Sect
11-04-2011, 02:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/N3o3w.jpg

Lovely
11-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Hahahahahahha that made my day

Darksinga
11-04-2011, 03:04 PM

please please please don't listen to these kids about nerfing bard mez. It was ALWAYS like this, hence why a bard could own practically any caster except maybe a necro/shaman.

It's bad enough we don't have our high level mez to mez 40+ pets, and charm doesn't poof pets like how it did until kunark-velious or whatever xpac it was taken out, so we have to fear pets. lol.

Also, if the bard is "mez blasting you," your chances at resisting his mez are MUCH higher because the MR debuff only applies when the mez is still on, so if he breaks the mez for a split second, the MR debuff won't be on.

Darksinga
11-04-2011, 03:07 PM

How about no? Since forever you could leave the mez on if it hit once. Like some one else said, /q out, spam 10 on your keyboard to hit CP once your in and bam you're golden.

Just be happy charm isn't in game, or bard's would pull you under the water and play EB song for themself. Much more of a grief than this.

Darksinga
11-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Perhaps a better idea than fixing resists for this would be to change the chance of missing a note? increase the chance the bard will miss a note, which will end the song, and cause the bard to start the song over and add in a perhaps a 8 second coooldown on that song, forcing him to play a new song. even better would be to increase the chance of missing a note in specificly PVP instead of both PVP and PVE so that we balance the PVP part of bards but not totaly fuck their PVE game.

With ideas like this I want to shoot myself in the foot.

Lazortag
11-04-2011, 03:14 PM

It's bad enough we don't have our high level mez to mez 40+ pets, ...

What are you talking about..? Bard mezzes are capped at 55. Am I the only one on this forum who knows anything about everquest?

Darksinga
11-04-2011, 03:15 PM
It's resistible, yes. The issue is, though, that the song only checks that first time for a resist. So once it lands, so long as the bard does not cancel song, a person is mezzed 4 ever.

Always worked like this bud... You said you played a bard??

Darksinga
11-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Dojii, have you ever played on p99 or on the red99 beta? Firstly, Kelin's Lucid Lullaby is an ae on the server already (although its resists are nowhere near classically accurate). Secondly, Psalm of Purity and Psalm of Vitality were not DS's in classic (just look at old everlore archives). They removed 1 poison counter, which again is something you can confirm with a little bit of research.

+1 put this is so I can keel shamans/necros

Amuk
11-04-2011, 03:20 PM
I don't ever remember a bard being able to keep me perma mezd pre ancient mez - but at this point I don't even really care.

Darksinga
11-04-2011, 03:24 PM
What are you talking about..? Bard mezzes are capped at 55. Am I the only one on this forum who knows anything about everquest?

Didn't know this mez went up to 55.

http://web.archive.org/web/200012050344/http://eq.castersrealm.com/spells/spelldescriptions.asp?Id=1009

Musta been a later on nerf that made it cap at 40 something like how it does on live/other emu servers. Only applied to NPC's not PC of course.

Lazortag
11-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Technically there was no level cap on Crission's Pixie Strike or Song of Twilight, but mobs above level 55 were immune to all resistible mezzes, so they effectively had a level cap of 55. However, they could still land on 56+ players.

The link you posted actually shows that it was obviously not capped at 40 since someone claims they could mez mobs in Hate (which are level 49-51 except for the pets and the bosses).

Lovely
11-04-2011, 03:41 PM
While we are at it. Whirl till you hurl is totally overpowered as well. It doesn't matter how high MR you have. When it hits once you will spin for over 10+ seconds no matter what. It should definitely last shorter then it does like all other stuns.

Lazortag
11-04-2011, 03:55 PM
While we are at it. Whirl till you hurl is totally overpowered as well. It doesn't matter how high MR you have. When it hits once you will spin for over 10+ seconds no matter what. It should definitely last shorter then it does like all other stuns.

It was nerfed for PvE on p99 a long time ago, did the nerf not transfer to pvp or something? Or are you just going by your vztz experience?

Softcore PK
11-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Yes, even ancient mez was capped at 55 I think. Though the caps never meant anything in pvp, it was possible to land any bard mez in pvp on a 60.

EDIT: no it looks like ancient goes to 59 in pve

Lovely
11-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Since I'm so loved here I decided to make a daily blog of my adventures!

Check it out here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53563

Decided to post it in the flame forum lawl!

Dojii
11-04-2011, 11:14 PM

read page 1,2,3 of this thread. have u even, omg, read the first page of this thread?

Lazortag
11-04-2011, 11:39 PM
read page 1,2,3 of this thread. have u even, omg, read the first page of this thread?

The mez being cast in the first page is not Kelin's Lucid Lullaby. It's Crission's Pixie Strike, a targeted mez bards learn at level 28.

DarthPeon
11-05-2011, 08:56 AM
you all really think a song like that should just have one resist check at the beginning and never again?

You really think we should go in and do a custom change to every class and spell we deem to be unbalancing?

Its how it was in classic. Besides, If a bard intends on playing 1 song only to avoid further resist checks then they are gimping themselves to simply grief you. It's a wash at best. What's stopping you from logging out and taking a break or playing an alt?

Lastly, you are basing this on people handed a level 50 bard in beta. If someone intends on leveling a bard solely to grief, I'll be surprised.

XiakenjaTZ
11-05-2011, 11:30 AM
You really think we should go in and do a custom change to every class and spell we deem to be unbalancing?

Its how it was in classic. Besides, If a bard intends on playing 1 song only to avoid further resist checks then they are gimping themselves to simply grief you. It's a wash at best. What's stopping you from logging out and taking a break or playing an alt?

Lastly, you are basing this on people handed a level 50 bard in beta. If someone intends on leveling a bard solely to grief, I'll be surprised.

Yes I do. For things that are truly broken.

Also is anyone spamming the bind sight song at people? Thats annoying as hell also.

PVPBetaChamps
11-05-2011, 12:24 PM
If someone intends on leveling a bard solely to grief, I'll be surprised.

http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2011/3/18/11/14-looks-more-like-new-trollface-30550-1300460664-42.jpg

Blingx
11-05-2011, 12:44 PM

Also is anyone spamming the bind sight song at people? Thats annoying as hell also.

I read that the enchanter bind sight was working backwards, however the bard version of this is working properly. What part of it is deemed 'annoying'? Unless you are getting a message every time it lands on you?

Envious
11-05-2011, 12:46 PM
QQ~

Salty
11-05-2011, 02:35 PM

I think im gonna go bard instead of druid just to be a gigantic homosexual.

Confirmed.

Dojii
11-05-2011, 02:37 PM
you are already sexually homo and real big.