PDA

View Full Version : New Server,How does this FFA work?

Tassador
11-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey question for you all. I have recently started playing on the blue server about 2 weeks ago. Have not played eq in a minute =/ But i remembered Tallon-Zek was a 41 mage but it was team oriented. What should be the basics a newb should know on how the pvp works in FFA?

minakto
11-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Free for all to kill you if they are in your range which changes depending what lvl you are. I dont recall exact scale but at low lvls its -+4 then as you incrase in lvl it goes up to +-8

JayFiveAlive
11-03-2011, 03:13 PM
First - trust no one.
Second - after you break rule number 1-- never fully trust anyone, but find those who are nice and stick close to them. Friendships are very valuable on free for all PvP server.
Third - always watch your back.
Fourth - since coin loot only, make a point to head to the bank if you are carrying enough change to be upset if you get killed with it.

Those are a few basics I thought of haha.

nerfed
11-03-2011, 03:24 PM
basically this
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=448388#post448388

Patch notes for PvP Beta

PvP Range is now scaled as follows:
Levels 1 to 19: 4 Levels
Levels 20 to 39: 6 Levels
Levels 40+: 8 Levels
Combat will be allowed based on the lower level player's pvp range.

The Dynamic System has been disabled.
In addition to a red name, conning a player will now indicate if they are attackable by giving a faction of threateningly instead of indifferently.
You should now be able to dispell your own pet.
The following zones are now FFA PvP (They contain no PvP Level Limit):
Solusek B
Permafrost
Plane of Hate
Plane of Fear
Plane of Air
Sebilis
Veeshan's Peak

The following items are now ingame
Cryosilk Robe
Lustrous Russet
Bladestorm, Katana of Steel Sleet
Manastone
Box of Abu-Kar
Guise of the Deceiver
Rubicite Armor
Scimitar of the Mistwalker

Flunklesnarkin
11-03-2011, 07:28 PM
I could just imagine what farming would look like on the new pvp server... people would just camp the bank when lowbies go to put their plat into the safe storage.

Incoming gank fest

juicedsixfo
11-03-2011, 07:35 PM
I could just imagine what farming would look like on the new pvp server... people would just camp the bank when lowbies go to put their plat into the safe storage.

Incoming gank fest

Guards will react to PvP. Also there is a level range.

Flunklesnarkin
11-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Guards will react to PvP. Also there is a level range.

ahh i tried out the beta and guards weren't helping me lol

Tassador
11-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks nerfed! Is there exp loss from player kills? In a FFA how do buffs/heal work is it teambased?

stonetz
11-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks nerfed! Is there exp loss from player kills? In a FFA how do buffs/heal work is it teambased?

XP loss from PK yep.

Buff / heal anyone.