PDA

View Full Version : Best Solo PVP class at 50

Galacticus
11-02-2011, 07:14 PM
What is the best pvp class played solo at level 50.

Best at pvp means they can kill most other classes, not just outlast them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6NXyxEtCR8&feature=related

Durk
11-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Warriorz or Roguez

Galacticus
11-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Warriorz or Roguez

They wont stop anyone from running.

Durk
11-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Hehe didn't meant to troll you. I would say Necro/SK/Droid are all good

Doors
11-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Shamans.

juicedsixfo
11-02-2011, 07:43 PM
I would honestly like to vote for Rogue.

Smedy
11-02-2011, 07:51 PM
In classic, i'm thinking shaman

Bkab
11-02-2011, 07:56 PM
as a shaman I can pretty much solo/outlast anyone 1 on 1. only class i have trouble with is skilled necros.

Shamanx
11-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Shaman

Cymbal
11-02-2011, 08:17 PM
i repspect the guy that chose bard,

he actually knows this game well

Jerin
11-02-2011, 08:47 PM
get a brain morans, necro will beat anyone 1v1 ez pz so ez

I dont know, my little cleric on beta thwarted many a necro,
although i never lvld him past 24, so maybe that would change.

returnofahipster
11-02-2011, 09:07 PM
well thats the strange thing about clerics. they are poorly equipped to fight anyone just about except necros. nearly all of clerics spells counteract what a necro does. Disease resistance / disease cure. Poison Resistance / poison Cure. Heal / nullify magic. they have root / fear also. and their spells with dealing with undead make a the necro pet a nuisance at best. a higher level paladin can also do some of these things but not as well as the cleric. the cleric prolly wont score a winning kill but as with most classes who attack a well played cleric they will most likely eventually flee or something to that effect.

people who say necro/druids/mages are the best pvp class what they really mean is they are the best class to score some kill with little or no skill. a well played hybrid would most likely be the best at nearly any level (maybe not before level 9) with a well played bard prolly being the ultimate pvp char. I dont play a bard so im not trying to boost em up or anything but if your smart/quick you can tailor your skills to any situation and send any class running!

Tamiah2011
11-02-2011, 09:22 PM
really it come down to gear and connection speed..very little skill needed

Muaar
11-02-2011, 09:29 PM
really it come down to gear and connection speed..very little skill needed

wrong this is eq not wow

the results of this thread are why im making a monk and not a necro on live

Tamiah2011
11-02-2011, 09:37 PM
wrong this is eq not wow

the results of this thread are why im making a monk and not a necro on live

and again the one best geared will win everytime...

DarthPeon
11-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Wizard. In a solo encounter they will hand you your ass with a full mana bar.

Evoken
11-02-2011, 10:05 PM
in the current iteration as far as resists and stuff, definitely sk. "classic", seems like it would be shaman.

gloinz
11-02-2011, 10:14 PM
in the current iteration as far as resists and stuff, definitely sk. "classic", seems like it would be shaman.

this

although as a paladin the champ is confident of wrecking basically any other class 9/10 times if i got to choose the fighting location (which in pvp i always will)

edit: or if they are packing some certain op instaclickies which imo should be taken out, if this is the case i'd just heal and run

Muaar
11-02-2011, 10:41 PM
and again the one best geared will win everytime...

if that person with gear also has a higher skill than the person theyre fighting then they should win. if its you playing a geared druid against a naked necro youd probably still lose

mimixownzall
11-03-2011, 12:00 AM
I respect the person who didn't even include magician. They know they suck strait up.

Combobreaker
11-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Why is cleric not an option? It should be, because as a cleric... you'll never be solo :D

Amuk
11-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Combobreaker griefed off beta by superior monk Goxendo - have a nice night pal

taakyn
11-03-2011, 02:20 AM
Combobreaker griefed off beta by superior monk Goxendo - have a nice night pal

Combo would own you 1v1 fag

Bkab
11-03-2011, 02:51 AM
I am willing to fight tamiah 1v1 naked and i guarantee i'd still win

Diggles
11-03-2011, 02:53 AM
i'm pretty sure even I could kill tamiah 1v1

gnomishfirework
11-03-2011, 03:02 AM
I've been chanted down by extremely well geared bards post luclin, but can't recall one time I was attacked by a high level bard on rz or tz.

Naez 4.20
11-03-2011, 03:48 AM
Before kunark, level 49-50 shaman were the most powerful PvP class in the game. Level 34: I suggest you stop leveling here. There may never be another mass-market RPG that is so PvP imbalanced ever again, so enjoy it now.

-Blart/fansy c.y2k

Tamiah2011
11-03-2011, 07:02 AM
if that person with gear also has a higher skill than the person theyre fighting then they should win. if its you playing a geared druid against a naked necro youd probably still lose

Again best gear player win everytime, even without skill and no a naked necro would not win, especially with resist system at this point.

Tamiah2011
11-03-2011, 07:04 AM
I am willing to fight tamiah 1v1 naked and i guarantee i'd still win

you would not play naked, you would need would GMs to give you free lvls and Free gear first, so i guess you will never get past newbie zone without GMs help.I am very sure you will be griefed out of pvp the first week....noob

Authority
11-03-2011, 09:50 AM
you would not play naked, you would need would GMs to give you free lvls and Free gear first, so i guess you will never get past newbie zone without GMs help.I am very sure you will be griefed out of pvp the first week....noob

Id like to see this, and when bkab is done, ill kick your ass, gear bagged aswell.

Rust1d?
11-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Pallys are very tough..stun, root, blind and can heal plus LoH. I always hated fighting them.

Lovely
11-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Paladins are just plain gay. You won't kill them and they won't kill you. Unless one of them is a baddieee.

dcapotos
11-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Lol Mage is missing on the list. Epic thread

Nirgon
11-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Paladin does get greater heal (same as dru/shm) by 50, pally also gets superior heal in the later 50s. Before chloroplast showed up, I'd say paladin ain't so bad..

Roll dorf => profit.

Arillious
11-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Really depends on the situation. Over 75% of solo pvp in eq is one guy running around and ganking people while they are not paying attention / otherwise not prepared for a fight. In this case, wizards kind of take the cake cause they can bring other caster's down in a few nukes. They can also use ports to search for popular area's pretty efficiently rather than running there.

In straight up 1 v 1, hard to argue against necro's and mages(not on list). Especially on this server where resists are kind of up in the air. Non resistable lifetaps and mage pets will be good.

Druids get a nod as well due to being able to track and port and use sow. They will simply track down and catch up to more targets. In straight up 1v1's... hard to tell at this point with resists still being worked on.

lethdar
11-03-2011, 02:34 PM
In straight up 1 v 1, hard to argue against necro's and mages(not on list). Especially on this server where resists are kind of up in the air. Non resistable lifetaps and mage pets will be good.

lol u bad.

SearyxTZ
11-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Depends on who you're fighting against + how well you're geared.

Newb 50 against Newb 50 = pick a caster (including clerics!). I would put Shaman/Necro/Wizard at the top of this pack (mages are very strong against some classes, but also counterable by others). Overall, those three are going to be getting the most kills and dying the least. Necros and Shamans are especially dependent on player skill too though. When played to full potential they are nasty. Wizards you can get by with less skill via dropping bombs on newbies + basic timing on stuns.

Geared 50 against Geared 50 = Shadow Knight. This gets a lot more complicated. Old world era Warriors are also an absolute pain to deal with indoors, once properly geared (read: Monsoon/Bladestorm, lots of MR, indicolite).

source: someone who played red EQ at basement dweller status

Ames
11-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Level 49: E-bolt, poison 1130 dmg DOT, the shaman’s ice comet. Plague 1210 disease dmg DOT, the shaman’s slower ice comet. Stack em both, and you can drop a full health warrior. Before kunark, level 49-50 shaman were the most powerful PvP class in the game.

/Thread

lethdar
11-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Oh fuck man, x2 dotted i guess im dead, the shaman totally didn't just trade 620 mana for 200 damage and x4 potion clicks.

georgie
11-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Level 49: E-bolt, poison 1130 dmg DOT, the shaman’s ice comet. Plague 1210 disease dmg DOT, the shaman’s slower ice comet. Stack em both, and you can drop a full health warrior. Before kunark, level 49-50 shaman were the most powerful PvP class in the game.

/Thread

ya and after that you are oom good luck with those fizzles and resists

georgie
11-03-2011, 03:13 PM
well thats the strange thing about clerics. they are poorly equipped to fight anyone just about except necros. nearly all of clerics spells counteract what a necro does. Disease resistance / disease cure. Poison Resistance / poison Cure. Heal / nullify magic. they have root / fear also. and their spells with dealing with undead make a the necro pet a nuisance at best. a higher level paladin can also do some of these things but not as well as the cleric. the cleric prolly wont score a winning kill but as with most classes who attack a well played cleric they will most likely eventually flee or something to that effect.

people who say necro/druids/mages are the best pvp class what they really mean is they are the best class to score some kill with little or no skill. a well played hybrid would most likely be the best at nearly any level (maybe not before level 9) with a well played bard prolly being the ultimate pvp char. I dont play a bard so im not trying to boost em up or anything but if your smart/quick you can tailor your skills to any situation and send any class running!

ever heard of nuke - stun cast - nuke -stun cast - nuke -stun cast -melee down

gloinz
11-03-2011, 03:13 PM
quadruple dot and if they dispell run and call them a hacker = you win

juicedsixfo
11-03-2011, 03:14 PM

/Thread

You should give credit (http://www.notacult.com/guide_trollshaman.html) to where it's due when you quote someone.

Muaar
11-03-2011, 03:15 PM
You should give credit (http://www.notacult.com/guide_trollshaman.html) to where it's due when you quote someone.

you should join (http://www.notacult.com/forums) us.

Amuk
11-03-2011, 05:25 PM
It's kind of an impossible question, I'm sure it's been answered already - but imo a shaman can just dispell necro dots, keep the pet parked and out heal the taps - a druid can do the same, a necro with pots can do the same to the sham. 1v1 arena style to the death no running maybe a necro? I don't fucking know - I would think the necro pet would beat the shaman pet, and eventually be the key to out lasting the shaman/druid. I don't think a melee would take it - maybe the bard.

In real pvp none of those classes will kill each other outdoors unless the other ones pretty bad or undergeared and can get cc'd. They will just gate after they get bored.

juicedsixfo
11-03-2011, 06:08 PM
It's kind of an impossible question, I'm sure it's been answered already - but imo a shaman can just dispell necro dots, keep the pet parked and out heal the taps - a druid can do the same, a necro with pots can do the same to the sham. 1v1 arena style to the death no running maybe a necro? I don't fucking know - I would think the necro pet would beat the shaman pet, and eventually be the key to out lasting the shaman/druid. I don't think a melee would take it - maybe the bard.

Let's not forget the Shaman may most likely land a slam or two and possibly interrupt a crucial cast to give themselves the go ahead advantage. If it's an Ogre/Troll shaman with Butcher Gloves and some decent gear, he can be 150 PR/DR easily. Shamans should be rolling with a full 15 buff set. I'm not sure just how well geared we're talking here, but if that Shaman has a Blight, I think the gap gets even larger.

Malosi, Ebolt, Insidious Malady, Plague. At 50 on my Shaman that's half of my mana, and would leave me enough for 4 DDs or heals.

SearyxTZ
11-03-2011, 06:19 PM
I agree on Shaman for the most part (for reasons in my post).

You can theorycraft the shit out of anything and find X scenario where X class sucks, but *overall*, they are really strong at 49-50.

The good news is that most people playing shamans suck and don't know how to use their pet.

pasi
11-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Shamans would be awesome to play if buffing wasn't such a pain in the ass. "Sorry, I forgot to click my spyglass - can you rebuff me with str/agi/dex/stam/sow/resist?"

Tamiah2011
11-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Id like to see this, and when bkab is done, ill kick your ass, gear bagged aswell.

Sure you will Jessie Jackson, go play your rap music and sthu

stonetz
11-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Shamans would be awesome to play if buffing wasn't such a pain in the ass. "Sorry, I forgot to click my spyglass - can you rebuff me with str/agi/dex/stam/sow/resist?"

Yeah same reason I'd rather play nec / wiz over druid / shaman.

I played a druid for 8 years on TZ did enough buffing and rebuffing for one life.
Time to change it up and play a class that doesn't buff much (ever).