PDA

View Full Version : For those of you that missed the PvP War Event (video included)

C5BAMF
11-02-2011, 12:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/C5BAMF#p/u/1/MDuHwa0ao_0

Cheers :cool:

---Edit---
Originally I was working on a metal version, it was shorter with the drawn out fights clipped and shuffled, but I ran into some issues and dropped it. I managed to patch up some problem areas, however both videos are missing a few of the other fights unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/user/C5BAMF#p/u/0/e0ZkJWbialM

See you all at launch.

Softcore PK
11-02-2011, 01:08 AM
http://soundcloud.com/betamorph/logam-your-mom-makes-dubstep

horsethief
11-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Anyone watching this video can tell the PvP balance is worse with crowd control resists altered to be different from EQ live. The SK vs Druid parts especially, even though the SK was a 2/10 in skills:

"ME SLAM YOU IN FACE TO INTERRUPT ALL SPELLS, HERE COME DARKNESS SO YOU CAN'T ESCAPE EITHER"

Wizard and necro aren't really affected since they can just spam shadowstep to avoid getting gang banged by short duration CC spam. Others will face death by an avalanche of African penises to the face.

These changes to crowd control spells are completely illogical and should never be implemented.

gloinz
11-02-2011, 09:59 AM
ya shadowknights gonna be super op for sure with snare landing as it does, although null did say he put in new resist code so maybe he looked at that

Smedy
11-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Nicely done pal! Damn looked like a good time, i'll be playing the next time around (on release!)

Bkab
11-02-2011, 11:16 AM
ya shadowknights gonna be super op for sure with snare landing as it does, although null did say he put in new resist code so maybe he looked at that

especially with snare/darkness canceling sow. at 156 MR on my shaman that shit still lands way too often.

Nirgon
11-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Snare/darkness should cancel SoW fellas.

As far as shadowstep, wait till that only moves you right next to where you're standing a few times. Even better, try casting it in plane of fear or indoors/plane of hate. Not all pvp happens in the karanas, bros.

Crenshinabon
11-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Softcore, that dubstep needs a lower base bro. My speakers didnt rattle enough.

ChubbyBubbles
11-02-2011, 11:25 AM
http://www.topglittergraphics.com/tggp/thank_you/043.gif

Thanks for taking the time to do some recording also.

gloinz
11-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Snare/darkness should cancel SoW fellas.

but when this was how it worked, it also virtually never landed on ppls with 100 + resist and it does now a ton so its a double rainbow of ggness

Knuckle
11-02-2011, 11:38 AM
but when this was how it worked, it also virtually never landed on ppls with 100 + resist and it does now a ton so its a double rainbow of ggness

this is true, should be looking at around 85% resist rate on snares at 150+ mr

C5BAMF
11-02-2011, 11:57 AM
1) Players will fight in whatever position they put themselves in; that druid chose to stand between circles of swarming melee, while he could have been on the outside picking players off 1 by 1.

2) Melee stuns (Bash, Slam, Kick) have been around a long time; strategies adjust accordingly.

3) The best casters I have ever fought never relied on CC in PvP.

4) My 30HP life taps in pvp do not cover the DPS pure casting classes dish out, and my melee does not overcome their healing; which is why 90% of my deaths still come from Necromancers, Shaman, and the occasional druid.

5) Large FFA battles such as this aren't exactly prime examples for the PvP balancing you are raging about.

6) If you do not have a strategy for recovering after a CC spell lands (even for a moment) you are wrong.

Nirgon
11-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Yes and its also not supposed to like ever land on 100+ mr :P.

85% still promotes someone spamming it until it lands. It just shouldnt work like 97%.

C5BAMF
11-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Yes and its also not supposed to like ever land on 100+ mr :P.

85% still promotes someone spamming it until it lands. It just shouldnt work like 97%.

It just sounds more like players shouting "I want to be immune after I get my gear".

Jessie
11-02-2011, 05:54 PM
The attack button is your friend

pokra
11-02-2011, 08:16 PM
The reason you're running slow at minute 03:00 is because I engulfing darknessed you from on top that house =X

Amuk
11-02-2011, 08:43 PM
In all honesty the gear they gave out was mediocore, I had like earring of disease reflection, and a cold one, an enviro suit etc a bunch of crap - I had 85 MR unbuffed as a rogue. So people getting snared was meh, once my gmr dropped I was getting cc'd as I should have been.

Amuk
11-02-2011, 08:43 PM
I received no legs, my arms were like rubicite straight armor, etc etc lots of junky 0 mr pieces.

C5BAMF
11-02-2011, 09:31 PM
The reason you're running slow at minute 03:00 is because I engulfing darknessed you from on top that house =X

hahaha I was wondering who the hell cast that

Toomuch
11-02-2011, 09:50 PM
The druid (Shiftymcgee) was my (Expendible) afk autofollow healbot that I never casted a single spell on during the fight :( Lost autofollow when he got snared, and 1 or 2 fatties standing still beating on a target attracts a crowd really fast :*(. I realized it and tried to heal a little too late. My Warrior managed to last a really long time though! Eventually a tunnel vision zerg pain train got me after all the easy pickins were gone. And then as soon as I came back, Lovely lured me into a tarp over a hillside, and then used like 398 charges of redwood wand to guarantee a killshot after I was clearly hosed. And then Cazic-Thule(s?) showed up like immediately after.

Props on the video though, despite picking on my bot! Was a ton of fun, would play again. I'd probably only play 1 char though, so that might make the next video a little less awesome :(

horsethief
11-03-2011, 06:46 AM
It just sounds more like players shouting "I want to be immune after I get my gear".

Under your idiotic balancing viewpoint, we might as well have blind and gflux land every time. It didn't land on EQ live because the devs were smarter than you.

C5BAMF
11-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Under your idiotic balancing viewpoint, we might as well have blind and gflux land every time. It didn't land on EQ live because the devs were smarter than you.

http://youtu.be/ss2hULhXf04

Korisek
11-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Watching that troll waddle side to side with his hands in the air like he just don't care is mesmerizing.

C5BAMF
11-03-2011, 04:58 PM
added the alternate version to OP.

Lulz Sect
11-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Good videos. After turning the sound off. Very poor taste in music.

C5BAMF
11-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Good videos. After turning the sound off. Very poor taste in music.

Poor taste is being selective. I have a very broad interest.

Lulz Sect
11-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Smedy has good taste in music when making EQ videos. You do not. Don't take it personal. Just stating facts.

C5BAMF
11-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Smedy has good taste in music when making EQ videos. You do not. Don't take it personal. Just stating facts.

Smedy is king. Period.
Now, I regress. If my taste of music is poor, as you said, then it is my failure. If you simply weren't interested in the music, it is by then out of your preference. Therefore, I would like to agree with your opinion by matching such an opinion with my opinion while articulating just how your opinion is worse than my opinion.

juicedsixfo
11-04-2011, 05:49 PM
I think your music choice was pretty boss in both videos. Good work, it was nice to see a full capture of the event.

Nune
11-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Smedy is king. Period.
Now, I regress. If my taste of music is poor, as you said, then it is my failure. If you simply weren't interested in the music, it is by then out of your preference. Therefore, I would like to agree with your opinion by matching such an opinion with my opinion while articulating just how your opinion is worse than my opinion.

bros

Lulz Sect
11-04-2011, 06:12 PM
God damn he's polite.

Humerox
11-04-2011, 06:22 PM
video was great and the music was fine.