http://www.project1999.org/forums/member.php?u=2332

good/bad?

Combobreaker
11-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Sirkens whistle shiny

Melveny
11-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Big Sirken Yall,

Glad to see him aboard, thought he had learned his lesson.... :)

PVPBetaChamps
11-01-2011, 10:45 PM
this was announced probably a week ago, if not more.

Gloinz you are failing me. Go pray to Kaladi'ma that he may forgive your terrible behavior of late.

gloinz
11-01-2011, 10:48 PM
this was announced probably a week ago, if not more.

Gloinz you are failing me. Go pray to Kaladi'ma that he may forgive your terrible behavior of late.

shit thought i uncovered a goldmine using a little birdie and a solo cup phone

in anycase i didn't see no threads on this feller and keepin an eye on gm's is a must since they can ban ppl and all

as a person who was subjected to gm domestical ban abuse for no apparent reasons in the past gotta know my enemy naw mean

PVPBetaChamps
11-01-2011, 10:50 PM
as a person who was subjected to gm domestical ban abuse for no apparent reasons in the past

Cleary, I na'wat'mean:

PVPBetaChamps PVPBetaChamps

Silikten
11-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Sirken is pretty legit.

Naez 4.20
11-02-2011, 12:41 AM
stop whining -ahnold

stonetz
11-02-2011, 01:47 AM
I could be wrong but wasn't he a GM on VZTZ?

If he's the same guy he's as legit as you get and great to deal with. Hoping so.

Tombom
11-02-2011, 03:15 AM
sirks is the man

horsethief
11-02-2011, 03:20 AM
The saga continues:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9248/unled12us.png

Lovely
11-02-2011, 05:03 AM
As long it's not Uthgaard I'm happy.

solid
11-02-2011, 08:08 AM
The saga continues:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9248/unled12us.png

After they made the bannings forums public I remember reading that in my thread and it was a very "Et tu, Brute?" moment for me; if only because Sirken previously told me that he had been secretly following me + enjoyed the work I was doing.

But I don't hold it against Sirken/Null anymore, ~30% of all daily petitions about one player does make the banning seem pretty reasonable. Furthermore, I was always pretty sure the GM staff knew I was subsequently playing Curbstomp, and they never busted balls.

Anyways: Sirkens a great GM, big victory for the server.

Nixus
11-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Sirken have my babies!

Palemoon
11-02-2011, 09:41 AM
If he is a hardcore anti cheater crusader, thats great and what we need.

No Mercy.

gloinz
11-02-2011, 10:03 AM
ya lets bring in sirken, cause its not like gm favoritism didnt exist on vztz right ???

good call

for truth not sure when sirken jumped on board but if it was for the box 1.0 i played then he's corrupt, if not then he's a okay in my book until proven otherwise

taakyn
11-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Good to have sirken on board. Thought he would be playing but gm is even better

Smedy
11-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Sirken is a legit GM, and always had good intentions with his decisions.

He did however trust the community a little to much with some stuff but considering he was very lonely in the staff team, Voidd really didn't give a shit, and Keegan was just running the forums & hosting the server.

I think he did his best in a really shitty situation.

mostbitter
11-02-2011, 10:37 AM
to be totally honest it surprises me anyone involved in the vz/tz box has enough positive reputation left to be let onto the staff here

Melveny
11-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Sirken is the man, we should be happy to have him.

Rushmore
11-02-2011, 10:44 AM
to be totally honest it surprises me anyone involved in the vz/tz box has enough positive reputation left to be let onto the staff here

No offense to anyone. But the probability of you having a pvp server without us is very doubtful. Just because someone is VZTZ doesn't mean they cheat. We just want a fair legit server like the rest of ya.

taakyn
11-02-2011, 10:46 AM
No offense to anyone. But the probability of you having a pvp server without us is very doubtful. Just because someone is VZTZ doesn't mean they cheat. We just want a fair legit server like the rest of ya.

This

Rushmore
11-02-2011, 10:46 AM
hey old pal! Do big things come NOV. 18

taakyn
11-02-2011, 10:53 AM
I have a trick or 2 up my sleeve. You guys have a solid crew. Gonna be tough to beat. I'm gonna b playing more casual bc of job baby etc but we will see. Will prob be more of the small group pvp for me this go round. :(

Nirgon
11-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Need more people to have the come to Jesus talk with the community, admit their previous cheating ways and be done with it. VZTZ full of MQ, we all knew it, it isn't here, move on now friends.

taakyn
11-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Need more people to have the come to Jesus talk with the community, admit their previous cheating ways and be done with it. VZTZ full of MQ, we all knew it, it isn't here, move on now friends.

Vztz will own this server when its all said and done. I've ran into so many noobs on beta who can't joust for shit, doesn't pell debuffs, etc. I'm looking forward to see how hard all u mq cryers get owned when it goes live. When vztz is on top what will u blame then?

Gnar
11-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Get your woman to play tink, she is vicious IRL and tore you up pretty good. that shit makes for an aggresive, top-notch pvper.

taakyn
11-02-2011, 11:43 AM
I got that Bitch in check now bro. No more tink beatings

Andis
11-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Sirken was one of the best GM's on VZTZ, if not the best...glad to see him on board!

Bkab
11-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Everyone should be thrilled about this. Sirken was the most legit GM on the box. Glad to see he's gonna be around here. If anyone can deal with all the retards here, it's him.

Nune
11-02-2011, 01:11 PM

Yeah, that way all the old TZVZ people can cheat to get ahead of everyone..? For fucks sake people were getting banned for cheating on a BETA server. With great nerdrage comes great responsibility. Being someone who played TZVZ to max lvl, I dont buy all the coy forum all-star bullshit. Same people will cheat, same drama will ensue. Lets just hope that the playerbase isnt so poor this time around that the GMs dont give up on the server and that the outside playerbase can enjoy playing. Because honestly? TZVZ was like an EQ High School Reunion and the only people who showed up were the kids who never got to be cool back in the day so they took a dump in the punch bowl.

Hovis
11-02-2011, 01:42 PM
sirken is def one of the best GM's ive ever seen.

mostbitter
11-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post

I played on vz/tz myself don't try to blow smoke up my ass about what kind of community it was or what kind of bull shit the staff for that server pulled. I think it's pretty obvious from the 40ish accounts that got banned just during the beta that not much has changed from our prestigious vz/tz player base.

Furthermore NULL IS DOING THE DEVELOPMENT FOR PVP MECHANICS and now sirken is here too. I'm probably still going to play even though this server has little to nothing going the way I'd like to see it, but I'll either quit not far into it, or laugh when I'm proven right and things change.

PVPBetaChamps
11-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Should just ban people like the guy above, holy fucking retard batman.

Marras
11-02-2011, 07:11 PM
I've known Sirken as a player as well as a GM for a few years. Great guy, legit as they come. He understands the mechanics of a pvp server and how to regulate the population that comes with it.

Booglie
11-02-2011, 07:35 PM
sirken sucks. he was a dishonest cheat!

ps. s'up boss!

juicedsixfo
11-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Sirken owns. This is awesome news. I've always thought he deserved to finally just play with the rest of us, but, to be selfish I'm glad he's on board.

Bkab
11-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Should just ban people like the guy above, holy fucking retard batman.

Titanuk
11-02-2011, 08:09 PM
i wanted to play with fonzo again

this makes me sad :(

horsethief
11-03-2011, 06:48 AM
im sure alot of people feel the same way you do... the pvp on this server is nothing like it was in classic. I am not really sure how this is going to turn out.

Yes, Null is alright as a person, but terrible at game balance.

Booglie
11-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Yes, Null is alright as a person, but terrible at game balance.

I think what you mean is null refuses to make it exactly like live, but live was never closed to balance.
And truth be told there is no solution to balance, because factors shift as players level and gear up. Casters have a huge advantage early on when no one has resists. If you try to balance that out, then as people gear up casters get their assess handed to them becsude nothing without huge resist modifiers lands.
And if anyone is going to bitch about wanting true "classic" only, then let's have spells do full damage, and fear and charm work on players, which seems pretty stupid to me.
I doubt there is a player here who really wants everything as it originally came out.
Just because the person who is actually willing to put the time into making a server work doesnt agree with your version of classic, doesn't mean he sucks at what he does.
And if that really is what you think of all the work null is putting in, then bite your tongue in fucking gratitude and make polite suggestions, and remember he is making the server happen in any form. Or alternatively go somewhere else and find a dev who is willing to make a server in your image.
Either way, back the fuck off null.

Lasher
11-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Cant be done but it would be neat to see 100% exact copy of eq pvp from release with all the bugs and exploits and broken mechanics. I used to nuke down guards in Highkeep while standing in a corner and the guards would just stand there

gloinz
11-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Cant be done but it would be neat to see 100% exact copy of eq pvp from release with all the bugs and exploits and broken mechanics. I used to nuke down guards in Highkeep while standing in a corner and the guards would just stand there

or nuke down nobles + bards + isabella hohoho

Nirgon
11-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Vztz will own this server when its all said and done. I've ran into so many noobs on beta who can't joust for shit, doesn't pell debuffs, etc. I'm looking forward to see how hard all u mq cryers get owned when it goes live. When vztz is on top what will u blame then?

I'm looking forward to people screaming hacks against tactics like strafe run/jump, fighting unbuffed etc.

Billbike
11-03-2011, 01:46 PM
I think what you mean is null refuses to make it exactly like live, but live was never closed to balance.
And truth be told there is no solution to balance, because factors shift as players level and gear up. Casters have a huge advantage early on when no one has resists. If you try to balance that out, then as people gear up casters get their assess handed to them becsude nothing without huge resist modifiers lands.
And if anyone is going to bitch about wanting true "classic" only, then let's have spells do full damage, and fear and charm work on players, which seems pretty stupid to me.
I doubt there is a player here who really wants everything as it originally came out.
Just because the person who is actually willing to put the time into making a server work doesnt agree with your version of classic, doesn't mean he sucks at what he does.
And if that really is what you think of all the work null is putting in, then bite your tongue in fucking gratitude and make polite suggestions, and remember he is making the server happen in any form. Or alternatively go somewhere else and find a dev who is willing to make a server in your image.
Either way, back the fuck off null.

This ^

Muaar
11-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah, that way all the old TZVZ people can cheat to get ahead of everyone..? For fucks sake people were getting banned for cheating on a BETA server. With great nerdrage comes great responsibility. Being someone who played TZVZ to max lvl, I dont buy all the coy forum all-star bullshit. Same people will cheat, same drama will ensue. Lets just hope that the playerbase isnt so poor this time around that the GMs dont give up on the server and that the outside playerbase can enjoy playing. Because honestly? TZVZ was like an EQ High School Reunion and the only people who showed up were the kids who never got to be cool back in the day so they took a dump in the punch bowl.

This. I also played vztz to 50 on two different boxes and the community/moderating was fucking horrible both times. If p99 wants to be successful it needs to be the counterpoint to vz/tz. EQ pvp with classic-esq resists, slow exp, actual bands for cheaters and no corrupt GMs/guilds who pay off the server.

Booglie
11-03-2011, 05:37 PM
i played box 1.0 in kunark era, and played box 2.0 for the whole thing.... alot of players from vztz hacked, i know this for a fact since I was guilded in holocaust, heresy and wbs at different times. I know who hacked, and to what extent people hacked, but believe me a ton of players did....

I would say about 80% of the playerbase on vztz were hacking in one form or another.

Do you think that was true back in 1.0 box? or just later on with 2.0 when void took over? (it was void wasnt it? god my memory sucks, i was drunk a lot)
My impression from 1.0 was there were a few cheaters, but it really was a minority group, and most of the cheating was in the form of zone crashing and duping gear, not mq.
but maybe that was just me being naive.

SearyxTZ
11-03-2011, 05:42 PM
I never hacked on VZTZ and I killed everyone on that box who was worth killing, so who fucking cares. There's no godmode cheat via MQ. Worst case scenario some clown instacamped on me or someone used the hacky-track to come find me (making my life easier)

Also Sirken rules - very happy to see him as a GM :)

mostbitter
11-03-2011, 07:27 PM
says the guy who took over the box and lead it during the most blatant hackstorm of its existence then threw his hands up and shut it down as if anyone cared

Muaar
11-03-2011, 07:43 PM
I never hacked on VZTZ and I killed everyone on that box who was worth killing, so who fucking cares. There's no godmode cheat via MQ. Worst case scenario some clown instacamped on me or someone used the hacky-track to come find me (making my life easier)

Also Sirken rules - very happy to see him as a GM :)

so we should allow MQ then? dumb post.

SearyxTZ
11-03-2011, 08:31 PM
No. Why is that even up for debate? Isn't there some anti-hack thing already in place?

I don't care that much either way though.

says the guy who took over the box and lead it during the most blatant hackstorm

I was pretty transparent about my lack of knowledge/ability to fix those hacks. Problem was nobody wanted to run the box at that point, and the hardware owner wanted to ebay it and sign off.

I did keep it running though. You're welcome.

SearyxTZ
11-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Btw I just read that one post that made VZTZ sound like it was some massively imbalanced unplayable cesspool where the entire pop cheated, and responded to that.

It wasn't that bad. That's the only point I want to make. We played on that for years.

Billbike
11-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Btw I just read that one post that made VZTZ sound like it was some massively imbalanced unplayable cesspool where the entire pop cheated, and responded to that.

It wasn't that bad. That's the only point I want to make. We played on that for years.

That's just what the people say that couldn't handle PvP or never played.

The old boxes had a variety of anti warp/cheat systems in place at different times.

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-04-2011, 11:25 AM
It really was a cesspool if you actually fought at the high end. Every time I'd go into guk, there would be a chanter in there with a charmed, hasted, and dual wielding level 50 froglok pet (controlla).

They send the pet on you and get it bugged under the world on purpose so you can't even see what's quadding you for 400. At the same time, the enchanter is also dragging a macroquest, automatic, heal mule, cleric behind them the entire time.

Even referring to this as PvP was lol.

lethdar
11-04-2011, 12:03 PM
griefed by mexican domingueros

Billbike
11-04-2011, 12:32 PM
It really was a cesspool if you actually fought at the high end. Every time I'd go into guk, there would be a chanter in there with a charmed, hasted, and dual wielding level 50 froglok pet (controlla).

They send the pet on you and get it bugged under the world on purpose so you can't even see what's quadding you for 400. At the same time, the enchanter is also dragging a macroquest, automatic, heal mule, cleric behind them the entire time.

Even referring to this as PvP was lol.

QQ the free to play PvP server ran by unpaid volunteers isn't good enough QQ.

Stfu ungrateful trash.

Lovely
11-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Looks like theirs a new sheriff in town

Hellooo guys, nice to meet you all

Xantille
11-04-2011, 02:09 PM

Knuckle
11-04-2011, 02:11 PM

luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuul Domingueros de Norrath UNDALAY UNDALAY AYEEEEBA

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-04-2011, 02:27 PM
QQ the free to play PvP server ran by unpaid volunteers isn't good enough QQ.

Stfu ungrateful trash.

Well if you can't do it right, don't even bother. If I was running it, I would have noticed broken stuff like this in about 30 seconds and make charm an outdoor spell only. How could you NOT notice all the people dragging macroquest heal bots behind them too? Would have banned boxing pretty fast as well. Let's not even go into the fact that every change made to the server to make it different from EQ live on purpose only made it worse.

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-04-2011, 02:35 PM
hey bro so whats ur excuse going to be when you get griefed off this server too

All the Heresys destroying their plat before I loot them.

Billbike
11-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Well if you can't do it right, don't even bother. If I was running it, I would have noticed broken stuff like this in about 30 seconds and make charm an outdoor spell only. How could you NOT notice all the people dragging macroquest heal bots behind them too? Would have banned boxing pretty fast as well. Let's not even go into the fact that every change made to the server to make it different from EQ live on purpose only made it worse.

LOL

Easy to say such things when you don't have to worry about actually having to do it.

Nice post count too, you get banned?