PDA

View Full Version : So how are we going to steal the majority of Blue99 players?

Softcore PK
11-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Ideas, people! XD

gloinz
11-01-2011, 02:50 PM
duno howd we get u over here

hohoho

Doors
11-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Legacy items going in will bring people over.

Naez 4.20
11-01-2011, 03:05 PM
operation delta delta oscar sierra

Vile
11-01-2011, 03:20 PM
most true blue players wont last longer than level 10...

the ones that do stay will be forever converted.

Daldaen
11-01-2011, 03:33 PM
most true blue players wont last longer than level 10...

the ones that do stay will be forever converted.

Nor will most red players. They will Q_Q about exp rates being too slow and pets dying on zone lines.

Naez 4.20
11-01-2011, 03:37 PM
ya xp needs a hike lol. beta even has a modifier that live wnt right? Killed a level 1 rat on like 3rd attempt fleeing to guards, oom in 2 casts tapping for 2dmg when it hits for 8 and i have 20 hp

got like blue and a half so /q'd. when i dont ding on first kill i ragequit

L1ch
11-01-2011, 03:51 PM
<-- confirmed stolen former BLUE player

Kabilos
11-01-2011, 03:52 PM

This .. being an IT Network Admin made me LOL :)

mitic
11-01-2011, 03:55 PM
we dont steal em from blue but we steal em from every other mmorpgs out there..start posting the vid on related forums folks

see here:
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/9/view/forums/post/4528315/thread/330823#4528315

Palemoon
11-01-2011, 04:14 PM
We can ephasize to them that this server is in WAY better shape and far more "classic" "authentic" then what their server was when it was created. Also, its a fresh start to get away from the politics of a two zerg guild over on Blue.

It would be a fresh start away from those shady xp exploits and broken ZEMs blue99 had in teh beginning.

Which zerg over there is currenlty on top btw? Everyone not in it should come over :)

stonetz
11-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Post on all the old forums for guilds currently playing / used to also on TZT etc and any facebooks they have.

Plenty of people that would never go back to live that would give this a shot.

I think word of mouth will help a lot, I'll be bringing a couple people in.

Dojii
11-01-2011, 04:21 PM
when i dont ding on first kill i ragequit

its hard out there

Tombom
11-01-2011, 04:24 PM
its hard out there

preach it

pasi
11-01-2011, 04:33 PM
You probably aren't going to get many blue players (let alone people to stay beyond a week) under FFA as opposed to teams.

I know it's not what most people want to hear, but the reality of the situation is that FFA EQ is a guild-centered game and the majority of people trying out the server will quit rather than put forth the effort to find and join a guild. Rallos was an anomaly for reasons not even worth mentioning.

That's not to say that I'm advocating teams or anything, just be realistic with the sustainable population potential for a FFA server. It's going to be mostly former VZTZ players and the rare former Zek'ers who haven't moved on with their life or game. There's enough of us for this to last a good while.

mitic
11-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Post on all the old forums for guilds currently playing / used to also on TZT etc and any facebooks they have.

Plenty of people that would never go back to live that would give this a shot.

I think word of mouth will help a lot, I'll be bringing a couple people in.

^

doe it folks, advertise hardcore...bet lots of ppl are thrilled about a new server if they would only know!

Juugox2
11-01-2011, 04:52 PM
fresh start def gonna bring some ppl

pvp makes it even better to me lol more then 1 thing to focus on

stonetz
11-01-2011, 04:59 PM
You probably aren't going to get many blue players (let alone people to stay beyond a week) under FFA as opposed to teams.

I know it's not what most people want to hear, but the reality of the situation is that FFA EQ is a guild-centered game and the majority of people trying out the server will quit rather than put forth the effort to find and join a guild. Rallos was an anomaly for reasons not even worth mentioning.

That's not to say that I'm advocating teams or anything, just be realistic with the sustainable population potential for a FFA server. It's going to be mostly former VZTZ players and the rare former Zek'ers who haven't moved on with their life or game. There's enough of us for this to last a good while.

I love the idea of teams why I played on TZ, darks get kind of screwed without druids / bards though. Put humans on the evil team and you're set.

Could probably think up a few good reasons they're on the evil side. Team pvp before TZ went xteam was about as fun as it got. That's why I hated Pandemonium so much, I felt like they ruined it but they stomped everyone's balls so I had to join eventually.

Going to go post some links now.

tbox
11-01-2011, 06:58 PM
You guys need to post on pvp mmo forums. Thats how I wondered over to EQ PVP from a 8- 10 EQ vacation. I saw it on another forum. I would suggest Wow Emu pvp servers, Shadowbane Emu project website, Darkfall forums, Mortal Online etc.

Project 1999 bluebies don't seem to be excited about having a chance to be the big pve raiding guild here. I hoped a few would have jumped at the opportunity.

Gnar
11-01-2011, 07:56 PM

lol

PVPBetaChamps
11-01-2011, 08:03 PM
RALLOS HAS ALWAYS HAD MORE POPULATION THAN VZ, TZ, OR SZ.

NONE OF YOU EVEN PLAYED ON RALLOS IN 1999. ALL OF YOUR OPINIONS ARE WORTHLESS. POST THEM ON MYLITTLEPONY.COM AND GTFO.

Cymbal
11-01-2011, 08:10 PM
RALLOS HAS ALWAYS HAD MORE POPULATION THAN VZ, TZ, OR SZ.

NONE OF YOU EVEN PLAYED ON RALLOS IN 1999. ALL OF YOUR OPINIONS ARE WORTHLESS. POST THEM ON MYLITTLEPONY.COM AND GTFO.

i was on rallos in 1999 son!

granted i was a young nub , but i've hit the gym since then

if u werent rallos u def need to hit the gym or gtfo!

horsethief
11-01-2011, 10:47 PM

Yep, everyone who isn't in the #1 or #2 guild under FFA will quit after a month or so. It will be <Heresycaust> vs <Salty or Abacab guild> and everyone else leaves server.

The vote was roughly 50/50 for teams/FFA and surprise, surprise, 90% of people that voted FFA are in the <Heresycaust> 40+ man zerg.

Rogean basically created a rule set based around the wants of 1 guild even though voting FFA is the equivalent of voting for a server that becomes a ghost town after 2 months.

Maybe he will re-launch it with a rule set that actually maintains a decent population after he learns that mistake instead of just having another VZTZ low pop server.

Softcore PK
11-01-2011, 11:42 PM
You kinda need a bigger population for teams to work. I don't see FFA ruleset being a problem in and of itself..

horsethief
11-01-2011, 11:55 PM
You kinda need a bigger population for teams to work.

That doesn't change the fact that population crashes on FFA after 1-2 guilds consolidate all power. There are pluses and minuses to both. It's just FFA has a much higher chance of imploding.

With a 40+ man <Heresycaust> guild starting on day 1 and no other raid spawn competition, the server looks like it might be imploded before it even begins.

gloinz
11-02-2011, 12:01 AM
That doesn't change the fact that population crashes on FFA after 1-2 guilds consolidate all power. There are pluses and minuses to both. It's just FFA has a much higher chance of imploding.

With a 40+ man <Heresycaust> guild starting on day 1 and no other raid spawn competition, the server looks like it might be imploded before it even begins.

boo fucking hoo did george washington bitch that the red coats were more organized and massing troops before the war? no, he gurreilla attacked their "organized" asses into submission like a pvp champ

http://www.wanj.org/images/GeorgeOnHorse.gif

man up you pony ass bitch

horsethief
11-02-2011, 12:12 AM
boo fucking hoo did george washington bitch that the red coats were more organized and massing troops before the war?

It doesn't matter what I do, it matters what the easily predictable, general population will do. That's what determines server population.

L1ch
11-02-2011, 12:28 AM
It doesn't matter what I do, it matters what the easily predictable, general population will do. That's what determines server population.

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Unsuccessful-Troll-Is-Unsuccessful.jpg

Silikten
11-02-2011, 12:30 AM

You act like they are the only good pvpers. Here is a pro-tip: they aren't, they have like 8 people. They will be like any other guild on the server. People need to stop bitching and play before making asinine assumptions.

Push come to shove, just like every other server, the low end guilds will begin to form an alliance under extreme circumstances and destroy them. While still contending with each other.

Softcore PK
11-02-2011, 12:40 AM
I don't know, maybe horsethief has a point.

Push come to shove, just like every other server, the low end guilds will begin to form an alliance under extreme circumstances and destroy them. While still contending with each other.

Why didn't this happen on vztz?

horsethief
11-02-2011, 01:47 AM

This rarely happens, even if it did happen, that still leaves 1-2 guilds at top, then everyone who isn't in one of those guilds quits on FFA servers.

RZ is a horrible example to use, that's when EQ was still new and fresh. The way things unfolded on VZTZ are exactly how it will happen on here.

stonetz
11-02-2011, 01:54 AM

Exactly, or even on TZ VZ RZ SZ and then zek. You really only had a couple guilds at top and the rest got utterly stomped.

It's a nice idea but the alliance pretty much just serves as a feeder for the top tier guild(s).

Softcore PK
11-02-2011, 01:58 AM
I wouldn't count VZ in that list, and I dunno what the high end was like on other guilds. VZ Defiant was always top, but there were always 2 or more other major contenders. And lots of more casual raid guilds, where I belonged at the time.

The problem here is going to be population, more than ruleset. IMO :(

stonetz
11-02-2011, 02:06 AM
I wouldn't count VZ in that list, and I dunno what the high end was like on other guilds. VZ Defiant was always top, but there were always 2 or more other major contenders. And lots of more casual raid guilds, where I belonged at the time.

The problem here is going to be population, more than ruleset. IMO :(

I can only speak first hand for TZ, Pande which is the top guild was months ahead or more progression wise. I can't remember how long it took for the 2nd guild to enter Sleepers or VT with a raid force but it was a while. If I remember correctly the GM's essentially prevented us from PVPing them while they fought the mobs they needed to progress to Elemental Planes and time.

If there's only Vox, Naggy and Fear then it's even easier to keep them on farm.

Edit: I agree if the pop is up I don't care what the rules are. The server pop will be dictated by how many people enjoy it though and if the rules make it harder or easier to enjoy then it will affect it.

Evoken
11-02-2011, 05:08 AM
Stole me from starcraft 2 because protoss is so god damn terrible right now.

Glam
11-02-2011, 05:22 AM
Xteam guild isnt real pvp its just as cheating as bodybuilder with steroids.......you will be nr1 but still you need steroids to be there....

panda destroyed TZ with the xteaming.......before that it was real pvp.

evil vs good

Nirgon
11-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Begin to spread the word

Bkab
11-02-2011, 11:56 AM
horsethief is so obviously makeyoumad/wermacht. this dude is on holocaust's nuts like no other. you seriously post about nothing except how scared you are of holocaust, it's kind of pathetic. the server hasn't even started yet and you're already accepting defeat and bitching about how bad it's going to be. why not save the time and just don't play at all? and while you're at it stop posting here too. i think everyone would appreciate that.

Softcore PK
11-02-2011, 12:36 PM
horsethief is so obviously makeyoumad/wermacht. this dude is on holocaust's nuts like no other. you seriously post about nothing except how scared you are of holocaust, it's kind of pathetic. the server hasn't even started yet and you're already accepting defeat and bitching about how bad it's going to be. why not save the time and just don't play at all? and while you're at it stop posting here too. i think everyone would appreciate that.

Yes, we are the ones responsible for the way the server turns out after release. If there are enough of us that stick with it and continue playing even when things seem to be getting worse, everything will work out.

Valthar
11-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Spreading the word. Operation gimme targets.

Nune
11-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Lol, steal players? Have you read the shit you guys post? Most B99 server's mindset is "why get off a Greyhound to get on the short bus" I just happened to be raised on the short bus ;] haha I'll see you guys on launch + do my part to bring some people with me.

Bkab
11-02-2011, 12:52 PM
wasn't talking to you softcore? thought that was pretty clear i was directing that towards horsethief.

horsethief
11-03-2011, 07:11 AM
you seriously post about nothing except how scared you are of holocaust

The only thing scary about it, is that all these so called PvP players are zerging together to avoid PvP.

Who they gonna fight with these 40+ people? Erage's 4 man guild? Abacab's banned before server launches guild?

It's just bad for the server in general.

PhantomRogue
11-03-2011, 08:53 AM
I try to stay away from these threads, but what horsethief says is partly true.

A FFA server will work, and is fun, but the only way it works is with a LARGE population.

When we will get an average of what... 250 people? (Figure Blue has 500, PvP being less popular)

When the bulk of the population gets to 50 (assuming 75% of the 250, Ignore the people who stay at their low level OP status), it will become a 2 or 3 horse race. And those horses are what... TEAMS. Except when you have Teams, you can pull up the other people on your team. A Guild that has a superiority complex won't alliance with a lower guild as a 'feeder.'

But there is no infinite supply of characters; which a FFA server relies on.

I will be really interested to see what the average population comes out to be and that Red does steal alot of the blue players, because that's what PvP needs, a large population.

Crenshinabon
11-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Honestly I think pvp has picked up a lot over the past 5 years or so with all video games in general. Who knows, maybe we can beat blue population someday.

Lovely
11-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Honestly I think pvp has picked up a lot over the past 5 years or so with all video games in general. Who knows, maybe we can beat blue population someday.

Yeah with the young people. Sadly most EQ players are OLDIES!

Nirgon
11-03-2011, 01:06 PM
"Hiding from PvP"

I still don't think you understand where PvP has a place in EQ. If you "hide" from pvp, you are likely leaving your camp/raid zone...

Other times, your class is just outmatched 1v1 (esp early game) or you're outnumbered. I'd say discretionary valor is key :P.

Muaar
11-03-2011, 01:21 PM

because the server was owned/ran by cheaters, entire guilds allowed to use MQ, etc.

We can attract Blue99 players by enforcing the rules and banning people.