PDA

View Full Version : New player PvP questions

Retrac241
10-31-2011, 02:25 PM
I have some questions regarding PvP and this server. Basically I only played PvP in 1999 to level 10 or so and I haven't played EQ at all since 2001. I did, however, attend the PvP event yesterday.

My question is mainly, how in the hell are you guys playing melee characters with the amount of lag on the server? I'm not trying to whine or anything I'm just legitimately curious. For me, anyone moving at more than walk speed immediately starts warping all over the place. Is this normal? If so, how the hell are you supposed to follow people/get hits on them?

Am I missing something or is this just something you get used to or what? I could barely land any hits as a warrior.

Tamiah2011
10-31-2011, 02:28 PM
you need to update your computer graphic card or connection speed..I am quessing both can you tell what your hardward and connection speed is?

Crenshinabon
10-31-2011, 02:28 PM
150 people all in one zone almost will never happen. Normally the lag is pretty minimal and that is what caused the lag yesterday.

Retrac241
10-31-2011, 02:32 PM
My setup should be fine... I have a GTX 460 and a good connection. No lag issues on any other games (battlefield 3, other MMO's, etc).

I hope it's just a matter of too many people in one zone because it seemed pretty unplayable to me.

Salty
10-31-2011, 02:32 PM
no

Tamiah2011
10-31-2011, 02:34 PM
My setup should be fine... I have a GTX 460 and a good connection. No lag issues on any other games (battlefield 3, other MMO's, etc).

I hope it's just a matter of too many people in one zone because it seemed pretty unplayable to me.

tell you what might help lower your spell density next time, I persoanlly run I7 and still use med spell effect and see only my and group spells..Helps a bunch

Retrac241
10-31-2011, 02:38 PM
tell you what might help lower your spell density next time, I persoanlly run I7 and still use med spell effect and see only my and group spells..Helps a bunch
Awesome I naively didn't even think about lowering settings on an 11 year old game but I'll give this a shot. Thanks.

mimixownzall
10-31-2011, 03:07 PM
I have some questions regarding PvP and this server. Basically I only played PvP in 1999 to level 10 or so and I haven't played EQ at all since 2001. I did, however, attend the PvP event yesterday.

My question is mainly, how in the hell are you guys playing melee characters with the amount of lag on the server? I'm not trying to whine or anything I'm just legitimately curious. For me, anyone moving at more than walk speed immediately starts warping all over the place. Is this normal? If so, how the hell are you supposed to follow people/get hits on them?

Am I missing something or is this just something you get used to or what? I could barely land any hits as a warrior.

If you have AT&T then just /slitwrist right now. A lot of us are having problems with peak time performance. Everyone I encounter in game who complains about their connection has been on AT&T. Not that everyone who has AT&T have shitty connections, but the ones who do complain have all had AT&T. This isn't the EMU's problem.

Retrac241
10-31-2011, 05:42 PM
If you have AT&T then just /slitwrist right now. A lot of us are having problems with peak time performance. Everyone I encounter in game who complains about their connection has been on AT&T. Not that everyone who has AT&T have shitty connections, but the ones who do complain have all had AT&T. This isn't the EMU's problem.
I have Comcast.