PDA

View Full Version : New to EQ PvP

UrsusMajor
10-31-2011, 12:41 PM
But not new to MMO PvP. With the exception of EQ, every other MMO I've played in I've played on a PvP server. Started with UO on Atlantic, then Siege Perilous, moved to Asheron's Call/Darktide, DAoC Bors/Mordred etc...

I have played EQ, usually some type of caster, and have a 51 Necro/29 Druid over on P99. I'm trying to decide what kind of caster I would like to play and am even contemplating possibly playing a Cleric.

A couple questions if I may:

If I roll a cleric, what would be the best race?

If I roll a dps caster I would probably roll either a Necro, Druid or Shaman. What are the pros/Cons for these classes?

Finally, for the different caster CC, are there differences between PvE and PvP? I had heard that for say, Necro's fear does not work? Is this true and what else is different between PvP and PvE?

gloinz
10-31-2011, 12:43 PM
dwarf best race ofcourse superior sta and str, and dwarf roll ability

not to mention impossible to target a dwarf bc they are swift nimble and stoic

so basically with what you want ur options are as followed

dwarf cleric

ChubbyBubbles
10-31-2011, 12:50 PM
The beta server has 10x exp right now.

It's a good time to log on and try different race/class combos that you haven't played to see how you like it. With a week to go for possible live release you should have lots of time between now and then to see what best fits you.

http://www.topglittergraphics.com/tggp/cartoon/171.gif

Gnar
10-31-2011, 12:54 PM
Dark elf or halfling cleric for obvious reasons

Shaman are probably the most powerful class if played correctly in eq
oger shm for no frontal stun, troll sham for regen and bad-assery, barbarian has its obvious benefits on a pvp server tho

halfling druid

DE necro

Knuckle
10-31-2011, 12:56 PM
Necros confirmed best class

Crenshinabon
10-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Cleric can be most races and perform decent. Dwarves get a slight bonus to MR and can wear dwarf ringmail tunic which is a great resist item. Clerics are all super tough to kill due to having to out dps the heals especially once you get some resist.

Necros are all around bad ass. Great unresistable dots, unresistable lifetap for heals, mana regen, pet, dead man floating buff. No out of combat heals though and no sow (jboots are a must).

Druids and shaman are similar. Main difference being that druids mana consumption is a bit worse but you can teleport which is huge on a pvp server. Both have great dots, decent heals (not close to a cleric), good buffs. Shaman gets a wolf pet which is good for annoyance to casters. Druid gets bad ass damage shield which will wtf pwn dual wield and great for powerleveling friends.

Really all your choices are good. I would just go cleric if you plan on hanging out with some people you know more because you will need their damage as people get better resistances.

Gnar
10-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Cleric can be most races and perform decent. Dwarves get a slight bonus to MR and can wear dwarf ringmail tunic which is a great resist item. Clerics are all super tough to kill due to having to out dps the heals especially once you get some resist.

Necros are all around bad ass. Great unresistable dots, unresistable lifetap for heals, mana regen, pet, dead man floating buff. No out of combat heals though and no sow (jboots are a must).

Druids and shaman are similar. Main difference being that druids mana consumption is a bit worse but you can teleport which is huge on a pvp server. Both have great dots, decent heals (not close to a cleric), good buffs. Shaman gets a wolf pet which is good for annoyance to casters. Druid gets bad ass damage shield which will wtf pwn dual wield and great for powerleveling friends.

unresistable necro dots u say hrm?

Sprinkle
10-31-2011, 01:03 PM
if you would consider it make a cleric

combat support clerics are going to be in super demand

will be 94 million druids and they all suck

necros , basically HAHAHA

and gloin's explanation of dwarven abilities is spot on

Crenshinabon
10-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Yea the heat blood line as far as I know has always been near impossible to resist.
Right?

Sprinkle
10-31-2011, 01:06 PM
funeral pyre of kelador + pyrocuror + boiling blood = anyone dead

although i dont know if they all stack on classic like they did on live

Tamiah2011
10-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Anyone that played pvp EQ, knows cleric is the best pvp class if played correct. Delf or Dwarf be best choice for cleric.

Softcore PK
10-31-2011, 01:14 PM
Gnome cleric obv.