View Full Version : Resist NUKE testing after the event

Lovely
10-31-2011, 09:19 AM
Lovely brings the truth

50 Wizard of pure awesomeness nuking a Level 50 druid with the resists

FIRE RESIST: 149
FROST RESIST: 166
MAGIC RESIST: 118

All easy obtainable without raid gear. Especially if you're a Caster and got elemental shield.

The nukes in the tests are

Conflagration: Level 44, Fire nuke, 250 mana, 625 Damage Max
Ice Comet: Level 49, Frost Nuke, 400 mana, 1120 Damage Max
Shock of Lightning: Level 12, Magic nuke, 60 mana, 83 damage Max
Rend: Magic nuke, Level 49,280 mana, 784 Damage Max
Froststorm: Frost Rain, level 44, 312 mana, 250x3 Damage Max

Conflagration

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/yzf66352.jpg

Way to little damage. Anyone that spends 1-3 days farming lowbie instance gear and Lguk items will get their resists this high.

Ice Comet

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/BEK66357.jpg

Same deal as Conflagration. CR is also the easiest resist to get due to massive amounts of items with High Cold resist. I'll probably have way over 150 1-3 days into level 50 if not earlier. Resists are to powerful imo. The casting time on Ice comet is the highest out of all spells in battle I think. Making it the easiest spell to run out of range from.

Shock of lightning

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/5so66362.jpg

Still bugged. It suppose to only get partial resists like other Wizard nukes (it was like that during live)

Rend

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/Aup66366.jpg

Target only had 118 MR which is nothing with buffs. Not impressed by the damage here either.

Frostorm

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/qs366372.jpg

The damage speaks for itself. Nukes and rains are basically useless on anyone that spent a few days farming resist gear.

Conclusion: Wizards and Druids will pretty much be shit on anyone who put a little effort into farming resist gear. While dot classes like Shamans just have to do 1x Ebolt and a caster goes from 100% to 0%. Doesn't seem to balanced to me. It's basically impossible to get high enough PR to resist any dots as well unless you have DMF and the only class with that are Necros.

After the patch I've actually never resisted a single magic dot, disease or poison dot. I'd love it if someone could to do some tests on dots. But so far not a single resist for me.

Monk/Necro/Shaman for me!!

ALSO IN CAPS: I WASN'T EVEN CLOSE TO HITTING A SINGLE NUKE FOR MAX DAMAGE ONCE. GG!!!

Lovely
10-31-2011, 09:23 AM
With the current system the only viable PVP groups are Bard+Melee groups. Casters are totally useless in any form of pvp beside Solo ganking noobs. Tbh you don't even need a Bard atm, just melee + a buff class is enough to make all immune to damage.

Cwall
10-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Way to little damage. Anyone that spends 1-3 days farming lowbie instance gear and Lguk items will get their resists this high.

lowbie instance gear

instance

it makes so much sense now

Lovely
10-31-2011, 09:31 AM
Yeah man. Playing other MMO's then EQ is such a bad thing!!

Tamiah2011
10-31-2011, 09:32 AM
Lovely is so very correct , I made the same observations right after the v18 patch.I was playing a mage 50 lvl and well equiped.

MakeYouMad
10-31-2011, 09:47 AM
See other thread, repost below:

The druid you're nuking has only 1 cold resist difference from the graffe parse. If the server is emulating EQ live during this era, you should be nuking him for an average of 330 (44% per nuke) against 167CR but you're currently nuking him for an average of 194 (26% per nuke). You only posted 7 nukes though. Do a bigger sample size of cold nukes against that druid (lower level ones will be fine). Make sure he has 166CR like in the picture.

valithteezee
10-31-2011, 10:07 AM
You might have to suck it up until Kunark rolls in and you get your lures. Nukes aren't meant to be hitting for full with 168 CR, lol. When live hits you are going to have such a level jump on people you should be able to farm golem wands/clickies and w.e else you need to be competitive before most classes are even 42.

yaarii
10-31-2011, 10:17 AM
DD's were a lot less predictable, as well as more overall damage, in classic. If I had 120cr, IC would hit all over the place on me. Whilst there was a good chance I would be able to run a wizard oom (as a necro in my case) if they had a couple of unlucky IC's, there was also a significant possibility of taking a couple of full or near-full damage IC's in a row and, well, dying.

This is primarily how gaggles of IC wizards operated - knowing that if they cast a fuckload of IC's in as short a period of time, just a couple hitting for near on full damage was enough to kill almost any caster and cripple melees. Clearly not happening in those ss's.

Can't believe resists are still happening with SoL either. Every wizard worth his salt had that spell permanently memmed since level 12. All the way up to 50 (and later 60). SoL isn't overpowered because it didn't resist - it had it's own little quirks in ways to both prevent the interrupt if you get hit by it, and counter-methods by wizard's to increase the odds of an interrupt.

If these resists continue, wizards will only get back to their former status when kunark releases and lures start flying. Assuming lures aren't, err, 'improved' too :)

Crenshinabon
10-31-2011, 12:34 PM
While I think 166 cold resist is pretty damn high, I do agree with you that the partial chance for mid range needs to be a bit higher.

Would love to hear your results testing poison and disease type stuff.

hagard
10-31-2011, 12:50 PM
FIRE RESIST: 149
FROST RESIST: 166
MAGIC RESIST: 118

All easy obtainable without raid gear.

yeah, right. If your resists are like that in classic you deserve to resist those spells.

Lovely
10-31-2011, 01:05 PM
yeah, right. If your resists are like that in classic you deserve to resist those spells.

lol you can get resists like in 1-3 days of farming resist gear from lowbie dungeons and Guk. With a bard they will be 200+. So you're saying that if you farm resist gear or have a bard then you should only be able to be killed by melee's.

Melee's always do sick damage no matter what. They rape people with bad gear and they rape people with good gear. It makes no difference to them at all. The difference shouldn't be this huge for casters either to make it a balanced server. Or you'll have a group of godmode melee's just raping everything in their way without anyone even being able to put up a fight.

Sprinkle
10-31-2011, 01:07 PM
sad thing is we are a month into beta and nothing has changed in my opinion

the resists are worse then they were day 1

Crenshinabon
10-31-2011, 01:14 PM
Naw the first weeks of beta the resist were royally fked up. Noobs with 25 mr would resist 5 roots in a row. Now its just the higher resist that are off.

hagard
10-31-2011, 01:31 PM
lol you can get resists like in 1-3 days of farming resist gear from lowbie dungeons and Guk.

more lies

Diggles
10-31-2011, 01:48 PM
Yep, either make my nukes hit or let me stack dots. Right now I'm pretty much buff and /hide champ

Sorath
10-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Yep, either make my nukes hit or let me stack dots. Right now I'm pretty much buff and /hide champ

you cant stack dots? whats this ?

mitic
10-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Lovely confirmed 15-0. Holo zerg bad

Conclusion: Wizards and Druids will pretty much be shit on anyone who put a little effort into farming resist gear.

http://data.motor-talk.de/data/galleries/0/112/8060/25852719/doublefacepalm-1201993075664576745.jpg

beentheredonethat
11-01-2011, 10:12 AM
160 in resists is a lot to get though. Most people have to sacrifice their mana and hp pools for it.