PDA

View Full Version : By the drop rate of bone chips, are they even desired?

Scarasyte
10-31-2011, 03:56 AM
I just came to this server a few days ago, and made a human monk named Tsurashi. By level 5 I now have 14 complete stacks of bone chips. By how frequently they drop, I don't think there's an immediate shortage... I thought I'd ask, are they worth selling in ec tunnel? Or should they be vendor trash?

Diggles
10-31-2011, 04:00 AM
You can easily sell them in tunnel for 15 plat a stack.

necros and sks will do barrel rolls for em

Scarasyte
10-31-2011, 04:01 AM
Ah ok. I guess the drop rate kinda threw me off lol. I don't remember being able to get that many stacks so quickly back in the day but oh well. :D

Diggles
10-31-2011, 04:04 AM
you get lucky with them. My paladin saw about 20 stacks by level 6, my bard got like 10 chips in all

Moggster
10-31-2011, 04:11 AM
chips are real hit and miss sometimes you find some1 factioning that needs 1000's of them and will pay 10pp a stack or more and other times you'll see 3-5 ppl auc'ing chips all else fails turn em in to kaladim for exp and lil cash or sit on em and you'll get a good turn around sooner or later

gnomishfirework
10-31-2011, 09:07 AM
Yea. My warrior is in field of bone and getting them like woah (even considering that half the mobs i kill drop them).

My Sk has a bag full of stacks I bought. he got jack leveling up. I think I had 2 stacks by level 10.

Snaggles
10-31-2011, 09:11 AM
It's safe to say any high level makes more per hour farming plat than they save farming bonechips.

bonehand
10-31-2011, 09:15 AM
/concur

If you play any class but necro, bone chips have a 30% increase drop rate. If you are on a CR and are necro they have -75% drop rate. It's in the code for the emulator, I just haven't found it yet.

Krypt
10-31-2011, 09:31 AM
maybe you shouldn't grind decaying skels to level 50.

Kabilos
10-31-2011, 10:52 AM
You can easily sell them in tunnel for 15 plat a stack.

necros and sks will do barrel rolls for em

I'd like to find the people who are buying these bonechips. I have 6 stacks that I couldn't sell over the past week and it's to the point where I was about to vendor them.

I've started giving them to necro's as I pass them.

Buellen
11-01-2011, 06:42 PM
level 5 to 10 easy with 5 to 8 bags of bonechips. depends on class

Save all bonechips if you are a goodly race or just have plat to buy them.

level 5 to 10 go by real quick just hoad/buy your bonechips till you have 5 to 8 backpack full and run over to kaladim

Paladin guild has THE bonechips quest turn in 4 bonechips at a time <unstack> get xp some coin and random rusty or small sized tattered armour.

level 5 to 8 go quicly 8 to 10 go slowly depends on class /race combo. Plus you make 30 to 60pp jusst on coin and rusty /small tatered armour you to mrechant that is just acrross from the quest guy.

Buellen the ever soloing ranger <dam their no love for rangers on this server>

PS

Orc scalps pay 1pp per to 2pp per and you can level to level 15 with them easy.

If you go bonechips /scalp route be prepared to have all yoru skill be low but hey you wont be stuck in low levels forever 8).

Flunklesnarkin
11-01-2011, 07:32 PM
yah.. bone chips are nice to level... can also turn them in at felwithe after you cap faction in kaladim... less loot... but if you like building faction its a nice change up.

Imma turn in a few backpacks full after i log in today.. was farming them yesterday heh.

might get level 9 :o