PDA

View Full Version : Resist System Feedback

Null
10-31-2011, 12:02 AM
Please direct any feedback on the Resist System from experiences after this threads date. Try and keep any comments about the classicness of the system or 'how it was' to a minimum, keep suggestions within the system we have.

One of the main things that will be pushed around from now until release is the minimum damage that a partial can do, it was bumped up today but it might need to be moved again depending on the feedback from it.

Thanks in advance!

georgie
10-31-2011, 12:05 AM
call of flame for a ranger does 10 dmg

Doors
10-31-2011, 12:40 AM
Thanks for all the work you guys have been putting in. System seems pretty good so far, nothing is gonna be perfect so people will still complain about it but still.

vinx
10-31-2011, 12:48 AM
50 ranger
Snare = sucked
roots ftw

Immolate would interupt no matter how i stood (is that even ingame?lol)
I didnt have a prob with call of flame tho, finished off a couple with it
(but didnt check damage report sorry)

on live i never had root hotkeyed for pvp, only snare/ensnare
tonight i swapped those around cuz it was backwards

Crenshinabon
10-31-2011, 12:59 AM
I also noticed this Vinx. I think the main problem is how long snare was actually lasting when it would land on someone. Root and Snare seemed to get resisted almost the exact same amount. They also seemed to wear off at the same rate. Snare would last anywhere from 1-8 seconds ... root would last anywhere from 1-8 seconds. Why use snare?

vinx
10-31-2011, 01:04 AM
were you fighting bards? or people grouped with bards that were dispelling?
I never got snare to land, or at least i gave up spammin

Then ya, they were falling off around 1-8s but once i got root to land on the nonbard, and made bard chase me so the rooted character was oor. the root lasted long enough

True, not only did you need to spam root on live before it landed.
it also was unpredictable about how long before it wore off..whereas snare was easier to land and had a longer duration
as a matter of fact, did snare ever wear off early?? (outside of dispells)

Darwoth
10-31-2011, 01:15 AM
the minimum for starfire has gone from 32 to 102, so anything is an improvement to be sure, however at a relatively low 124 fr my target is still getting the minimum damage approximately 50% of the time. other than that your numbers are close but still to low.

the main problem is the minimum hits are far to frequent as they are basically the equivalent of a "full resist" for conversation sake, so if we go from the red text zero damage full resist 5% of the time to the 102 damage "full resist" 50% of the time it is still a significant damage reduction.

thats why i think if your going to keep this level of frequency on minimum hits the minimum hit (for a 410 dmg spell, higher should be higher, lower should be lower) should be at least 150 or so and that is still a huge nerf to a casters output/viability over classic, because you would need to be well over 200 resist to even come close to that where under the current system people will be getting those a lot starting at 80 - 100 resistance.

to summarize 10 casts of starfire on a target with 124 fr should be resulting in 10 casts hitting from 250 - 350 with most being closer to 350, not around half hitting 200 - 300 leaning toward the 200 range with 40% or more of those casts doing 102 (or a different minimum)

L1ch
10-31-2011, 01:20 AM
Do Mage Earth pets have infinite mana or am I just noob?

Bazia
10-31-2011, 01:23 AM
the minimum for starfire has gone from 32 to 102, so anything is an improvement to be sure, however at a relatively low 124 fr my target is still getting the minimum damage approximately 50% of the time. other than that your numbers are close but still to low.

the main problem is the minimum hits are far to frequent as they are basically the equivalent of a "full resist" for conversation sake, so if we go from the red text zero damage full resist 5% of the time to the 102 damage "full resist" 50% of the time it is still a significant damage reduction.

thats why i think if your going to keep this level of frequency on minimum hits the minimum hit (for a 410 dmg spell, higher should be higher, lower should be lower) should be at least 150 or so and that is still a huge nerf to a casters output/viability over classic, because you would need to be well over 200 resist to even come close to that where under the current system people will be getting those a lot starting at 80 - 100 resistance.

to summarize 10 casts of starfire on a target with 124 fr should be resulting in 10 casts hitting from 250 - 350 with most being closer to 350, not around half hitting 200 - 300 leaning toward the 200 range with 40% or more of those casts doing 102 (or a different minimum)

I have about 120 Cold resist, IC landing full damage about 70% of the time. Elemental resist seem fine.

Darwoth
10-31-2011, 01:27 AM
a string of 20 nukes on a target 1 level lower with 124 resistance.

283, 102, 300, 102, 258, 102, 102, 209, 102, 230, 258, 188, 279, 102, 296, 102, 246, 102, 102, 246.

so 8 of 20 casts were for 102, this is a "full resist" rate of exactly 40%.

average damage, 180. pure shit, this is far more mitigation than someone sporting 200+ would of had and this is at a lowly 124.

this is completely broken. if the 102's were replaced with numbers in the range of the others it would be far better and yet still far less damage than given during classic.

keep in mind a melee class has infinite swings, 2 - 3x as much hp and does damage on the move, and with this resistance system as soon as they throw some diamonds and a few slapped together piece of newbgear on a caster wont be able to kill one thats afk without having to med mid fight.

Darwoth
10-31-2011, 01:28 AM
I have about 120 Cold resist, IC landing full damage about 70% of the time. Elemental resist seem fine.

ice comet has a negative 10 modifier, so your 120 is now 110, null also gave the wizard class itself a negative modifier so even lower.

Darwoth
10-31-2011, 02:01 AM
another string of 20 starfires (410 max) on the same 1 lev lower target with the same 124 fr.

197, 102, 226, 263, 102, 300, 102, 275, 102, 102, 102, 267, 213, 102, 102, 102, 102, 197, 102. 102

so, what we have this time is a 60% waste of mana rate. average damage per 250 mana 6 second cast time spell, 145....... less than a decent two hander swing.

again, this is completely broken.

YOU DID NOT GET FULL RESISTS ON SINGLE EFFECT NUKES BEYOND THE DEFAULT PERCENTAGE REGARDLESS OF HOW HIGH YOUR RESISTANCES ARE.

30% or MORE of those casts should be landing for full damage.

this is how the game played during the entire launch through velious timeframe, this is the resist system that was everquest and this is what people came here to play.

i have better gear than a lot of folks, with resistance rings and things i have enough mana for 6 nukes, maybe if i had 2 bars of mana against an afk war/pal/sk and no aggro lowbie mobs to interrupt the 6 second cast time that i have to stand still during i could kill them after a full minute+ of standing around with a thumb up my ass chain casting. if i was lucky.

if the numbers had an extra 100 damage across the board it would be a lot closer to how it is supposed to look, or again if the 102's were replaced with a number out of the rest of the string.

this really needs to be fixed or the server will be another 50 population sack of shit like every other emulator i have played where plate class melees roam around invulnerable to everything but other plate class melees because the devs shitted up the resistance system, really dont know why it cant just be made classic.

Cwall
10-31-2011, 02:38 AM
really dont know why it cant just be made classic.

because all they have to work with is differing anecdotal evidence from 12 years ago

MakeYouMad
10-31-2011, 02:57 AM
because all they have to work with is differing anecdotal evidence from 12 years ago

That's where you're wrong because I found a parse of a wizard nuking himself with 167CR. It was before September 2002 (when the resist revamp occurred), so the resist system during that time should be the same as classic through velious:

"I'm also on TZ -- i did some experimenting - yah i was bored
nuking myself with draught of ice (i have 167 cold resist unbuffed) the average hit was for 347 , so yah it can land consistent dmg, just not a whole lot. "

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6266-Wanna-PvP-Read-and-Learn&

If you get PvP damage reduction casting on yourself, that would be 347 out of 531 possible damage, or 65% average. If you don't get PvP damage reduction nuking yourself, that would be 347/793, or an average of 44% per nuke. No data on full resist rates. He uses the phrase "the average hit" so I'm guessing he did not count full resists as 0 damage in that parse and left them out or his average would be much lower.

Darwoth
10-31-2011, 06:07 AM
asdf

Null
10-31-2011, 07:22 AM
YOU DID NOT GET FULL RESISTS ON SINGLE EFFECT NUKES BEYOND THE DEFAULT PERCENTAGE REGARDLESS OF HOW HIGH YOUR RESISTANCES ARE.

This is just plain not true, to quote a few people from that thread that MakeYouMad is linking:

Post (http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6266-Wanna-PvP-Read-and-Learn&p=130928&viewfull=1#post130928)

Tears sucks against melee's imo, druzzil is a waste of time due to the resists, I think the best use is prexus on an int or wis caster. Pre 60 I found that ice comet had a far too high resist rate to use often, and it is slow as hell. Draughts suck too but at least they are fast... but I noticed as you get past 56/57 they become almost unusable (hitting friends for under 100 per draught with 140s resists).

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6266-Wanna-PvP-Read-and-Learn&p=130936&viewfull=1#post130936

SOL can be resisted..I resist it all day ;p

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6266-Wanna-PvP-Read-and-Learn&p=130931&viewfull=1#post130931

Well I'm 54 - but I've taken down lvl 60 wizards so lemme give it to ya from a victims point of view.

Solists and Sunstrike - my resists are like 170ish. Sunstrike I usually flat out resist 1 in 4 and the rest dont do jack. Solists seems to work like Ice Comet. One time it hits for 100, next time 700 etc.

Keep in mind the 6 level diff also - I'm sure this changes if it was a lvl 60 vs lvl 60 wiz.

Anwyayz - hope this helps.

Ace
KotWR

All of them talk about resist rates on direct damage spells and the entire thread advocates using lures in place of other direct damage spells because of that reason.

Hell that last quote there is saying that with 170FR and a 7 level gap (he is 54 and the caster is 60) says, "I usually flat out resist 1 in 4 and the rest dont do jack.". How does that sound like anything you are describing?

Also, just for shits if you go with the resist rate that he is describing AND use the numbers derived from another post in that thread (thanks MakeYouMad)

If you get PvP damage reduction casting on yourself, that would be 347 out of 531 possible damage, or 65% average. If you don't get PvP damage reduction nuking yourself, that would be 347/793, or an average of 44% per nuke. No data on full resist rates. He uses the phrase "the average hit" so I'm guessing he did not count full resists as 0 damage in that parse and left them out or his average would be much lower.

that means that your 612 damage Starfire (because we are nuking ourselves) does 268 on average.

so, your second test resulted in 2760 damage over 20 casts using the current system. Now if you take the 44% reduction in the above post (because we are self casting) and cast a 612 starfire on yourself 15 times (because 1/4 are resisted) you come out with 4039, so with PvP reduction that would be 2666.

That is a difference of 94 damage over 20 casts. Now keep in mind that this is only applicable IF a 7 level deficit equals 40ish resistance difference in classic...I'd bet it did and then some.

Maybe I failed at the math up above (very possible) or maybe a 7 level difference isn't that big of a deal...or maybe the people in that post are full of shit...I don't know. Otherwise that doesn't seem all that far off.

lethdar
10-31-2011, 08:09 AM
Woo for null doing the path on parsed data, rather than just listening to the whiners.

Imo the resist system is pretty good and matches up very well with live considering the data, infact it may be kinder to casters due to the lack of complete resists, whereas people from that post are talking about 1 in 4 total resists.

MakeYouMad
10-31-2011, 08:11 AM
Ok, I just worked out the math. I logged onto EQ live zek server to check if you got damage reduction when nuking yourself, you don't.

That means if we want EQ classic resists based on that Graffe parse, a druid nuking himself with starfire and 167FR should do an average of 44% per nuke (612 x 0.44 = 269 damage, no PvP reduction nuking yourself). Full resists weren't counted as 0 in that guy's post, they were just omitted. Next, if we want to use linear extrapolation of this data, he should be nuking himself for an average of 58% of normal damage with starfire and 124FR. Darwoth currently nukes other people 1 level lower with 124FR for 55% of normal damage, so the average damage is a little lower than it should be but possibly within margin of error.

Here's my math for the linear extrapolation of this data:

I'm starting with the information that 167 cold resist = 56% average damage reduction

167 / 56 = 2.982

So the formula for extrapolating new data points is: Resist / 2.982 = the average percent removed from each nuke when cast in PvP

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6163/unledbxh.png

There's also a few things I want to point out:

SOL can be resisted..I resist it all day ;p

I believe what the guy is talking about in that quote is spamming the UP key to avoid pushback, not sure though. People claim this spell was made unresistable at some point in time, but who knows. I doubt it should be unresistable in this time period.

Then for tears spells, those had some fucked up resist checks different from normal nukes so not a good example. One thing I am sure of, is that normal nukes did not have a static, full resist rate. It definitely went up against higher resists.

Kringe
10-31-2011, 08:20 AM
Null,

Are we planning on leaving dots like they are.. IE if you move you take less dmg... This most certainly wasnt classic. I am just trying to gather some numbers from the "Dot classes" perspective if this is the case.

Tamiah2011
10-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Null, why can't you just do a basic standard dmg reduction amount per. percentage of resistance player has for that element, example if player has 150 fire resist and is hit with a fire based spell that does normally 600 dmg maybe with resist neg. factor maybe he only get hits for 320 dmg.I don't think any DD spell should be totally resist if player are within 4 lvl of each other, but for blind,snare,and root they should be resisted sometimes depending on resistance a player has, but not 90 percent with maxed resistance.Resistance is for helping a player absorbed the damage not totally defend against it, If you can make it were everyone can understand and see the same effect each time, it will solve alot of your problems.

lethdar
10-31-2011, 09:08 AM
Null, why can't you just do a basic standard dmg reduction amount per. percentage of resistance player has for that element, example if player has 150 fire resist and is hit with a fire based spell that does normally 600 dmg maybe with resist neg. factor maybe he only get hits for 320 dmg.I don't think any DD spell should be totally resist if player are within 4 lvl of each other, but for blind,snare,and root they should be resisted sometimes depending on resistance a player has, but not 90 percent with maxed resistance.Resistance is for helping a player absorbed the damage not totally defend against it, If you can make it were everyone can understand and see the same effect each time, it will solve alot of your problems.

This player is a troll, hasnt played on beta in weeks.

Tamiah2011
10-31-2011, 09:13 AM
This player is a troll, hasnt played on beta in weeks.

and you Sir are a complete fool, if you think that.

Harrison
10-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Tamiah is worse than Cozmonaut

Lovely
10-31-2011, 09:15 AM
Lovely brings the truth

50 Wizard of pure awesomeness nuking a Level 50 druid with the resists

FIRE RESIST: 149
FROST RESIST: 166
MAGIC RESIST: 118

All easy obtainable without raid gear. Especially if you're a Caster and got elemental shield.

The nukes in the tests are

Conflagration: Level 44, Fire nuke, 250 mana, 625 Damage Max
Ice Comet: Level 49, Frost Nuke, 400 mana, 1120 Damage Max
Shock of Lightning: Level 12, Magic nuke, 60 mana, 83 damage Max
Rend: Magic nuke, Level 49,280 mana, 784 Damage Max
Froststorm: Frost Rain, level 44, 312 mana, 250x3 Damage Max

Conflagration

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/yzf66352.jpg

Way to little damage. Anyone that spends 1-3 days farming lowbie instance gear and Lguk items will get their resists this high.

Ice Comet

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/BEK66357.jpg

Same deal as Conflagration. CR is also the easiest resist to get due to massive amounts of items with High Cold resist. I'll probably have way over 150 1-3 days into level 50 if not earlier. Resists are to powerful imo. The casting time on Ice comet is the highest out of all spells in battle I think. Making it the easiest spell to run out of range from.

Shock of lightning

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/5so66362.jpg

Still bugged. It suppose to only get partial resists like other Wizard nukes (it was like that during live)

Rend

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/Aup66366.jpg

Target only had 118 MR which is nothing with buffs. Not impressed by the damage here either.

Frostorm

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/qs366372.jpg

The damage speaks for itself. Nukes and rains are basically useless on anyone that spent a few days farming resist gear.

Conclusion: Wizards and Druids will pretty much be shit on anyone who put a little effort into farming resist gear. While dot classes like Shamans just have to do 1x Ebolt and a caster goes from 100% to 0%. Doesn't seem to balanced to me. It's basically impossible to get high enough PR to resist any dots as well unless you have DMF and the only class with that are Necros.

After the patch I've actually never resisted a single magic dot, disease or poison dot. I'd love it if someone could to do some tests on dots. But so far not a single resist for me.

Monk/Necro/Shaman for me!!

ALSO IN CAPS: I WASN'T EVEN CLOSE TO HITTING A SINGLE NUKE FOR MAX DAMAGE ONCE. GG!!!

Tamiah2011
10-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Tamiah is worse than Cozmonaut

Harrison you completely sucked at Pvp so please return to pve where everyone still hates you..

Tamiah2011
10-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Lovely is very much correct, made the same observation right after v18 patch and I was playing a mage.

MakeYouMad
10-31-2011, 09:39 AM
Lovely brings the truth

50 Wizard of pure awesomeness nuking a Level 50 druid with the resists

FIRE RESIST: 149
FROST RESIST: 166
MAGIC RESIST: 118

The druid you're nuking has only 1 cold resist difference from the graffe parse. You should be nuking him for an average of 330 (44% per nuke) against 167CR but you're currently nuking him for an average of 194 (26% per nuke). You only posted 7 nukes though. Do a bigger sample size of cold nukes against that druid (lower level ones will be fine). Make sure he has 166CR like in the picture.

Amuk
10-31-2011, 10:55 AM
168 cr seems hella high, for targets like that in pvp you'll need to dispell heh - a lot of melee will be stacking MR, and have low cr/fr etc and on live I remember people starting with dispells fairly often.

I don't know if it's too low or good compared to classic, but to expect to be able to just unload ice comets on a guy with 168 cr in classic is crazyness.

I think wizards back in the day just knew how to play better IMO - a guy with 118 mr buffed, would just be dispelled and parked while melees rape his shit - and as for 1v1, unless they remove resist modifiers altogether you just shouldn't stand a chance in this situation, sorry.

MakeYouMad
10-31-2011, 11:11 AM
168 cr seems hella high

It is, but the 7 ice comets in his screenshot only averaged 26% per nuke against 166CR instead of 44% average per nuke like they should.

Lovely
10-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Dispelling outdoors is pretty much useless unless you're a Enchanter (I'm talking about 1v1 atm). Your enemy can just Jboots and keep buffing himself with a 2nd item or use a spell for 5-15 mana to spam buff himself while the person dispell and waste even more mana (or pp if they use clicker). Only way for a Wizard to kill people is to burn them down. When you don't have any heals, dots, good hp or mana effective spells every long fight will go against your favor. You'll be dead before you manage to dispell their important buffs against most classes.

Amuk
10-31-2011, 12:13 PM
When I 1v1 a shadowknight he just has to tap me once or twice, land a couple jousts and ht me as a rogue, therefore shadowknights are OP?

Shouldn't ever be considered for 1v1 - but if it needs a 22% overall dps boost to stop the QQ then w/e.

Crenshinabon
10-31-2011, 12:15 PM
167 cr is actually pretty damn high.
But I do still agree that the partials should be a bit higher, not much.

Lovely
10-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Well the FR was 149 and the results was even worse. CR is the easiest resist by far to get high. I'm not sure at what number you start to get these shitty results. I'm gonna do a test later with 120-130ish instead to see what the results are. Might be some minor bug after the event cause I haven't been able to land a full dmg nuke on anyone so far.

Darwoth
10-31-2011, 01:02 PM
not going to waste my time arguing, i had the highest resistances of most people on the server and spent significant amounts of time testing resistances to find the sweet spots to build my gear around in addition to the years of pvp. starfires, ice comets, conflags, draughts, mage bolts simply did not give red text resists beyond the low default chance. period. it just didnt happen, dont know anything about sunstrike, didnt play a wizard and wizards were using lures at that juncture some spells never did act right regardless of what resist table they were on (such as all of my rain spells, nothing but full resists), if you want to insult me by saying i am a liar or dont remember right thats fine, but thats how it was, it isnt like i want resistances gimped so i can be shitcanned in 2 casts, but making it so anyone with basic entry level gear or a buff need not worry about anything other than a slight dent to their hit points isnt right either.

personally i am annoyed and feel as though all the conversations and time i spent with you testing these things were a waste of time given that thus far every single thing i have pointed out and brought up seems to have been completely ignored or gone in the opposite direction in spite of the fact that it appeared we reached an understanding on some things. (ie pointing out the fallacy of 32 damage minimum hits weeks ago, saying it would be adjusted and then it being that way anyway, the whole snares/roots stripping speed buffs thing and so on) since the overwhelming majority of the people on these boards are morons AND never played the game at a competitive level during that timeframe i am one of the handful here qualified to speak on it and frankly it pisses me off that i am still arguing with droolcups in every thread that dont know what the fuck their talking about.

regardless we are comparing a guy with 170 resistance saying he resists 1 in 4, so according to him 75% of the time he is not resisting. under your system currently someone with a shitty 124 resistance is resisting 40 - 60 percent of the time to the point that someone with an average mana pool would be unable to kill given classes that are afk without going out of mana.

170 vs 124 is huge, right now 124 here is far more effective at mitigating damage than 200 ever was on live.

Crenshinabon
10-31-2011, 01:18 PM
We see you and appreciate what you do Darwoth calm down bro. I think the problem is that you seem to be slightly biased sometimes and 1 person stating something is not going to make a major impact. Now you bringing it to light and Love here doing the same you are getting numbers and have a much higher chance at getting through to the devs.

Darwoth
10-31-2011, 01:25 PM
and on a similar note damage shields are still doing reduced pvp damage, as are dots in pve.

Tamiah2011
10-31-2011, 01:25 PM
We see you and appreciate what you do Darwoth calm down bro. I think the problem is that you seem to be slightly biased sometimes and 1 person stating something is not going to make a major impact. Now you bringing it to light and Love here doing the same you are getting numbers and have a much higher chance at getting through to the devs.

WTF? Every PURECASTER I have talk with agree that the resist system is not correct and unbalanced, so untill you roll a PURECASTER and lvl him/her to 50lvl and test the same finding as we have..STFU

Crenshinabon
10-31-2011, 01:32 PM
WTF? Every PURECASTER I have talk with agree that the resist system is not correct and unbalanced, so untill you roll a PURECASTER and lvl him/her to 50lvl and test the same finding as we have..STFU

What the hell is your problem? I did not even mention shit about the resist system in that post, I was speaking about Darwoth. Not to mention 2 post up I fucking agree with you. Learn to read.

Rust1d?
10-31-2011, 01:43 PM
LOL someone should just ask a dev on the live forums on how it is/was.

Lovely
10-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Btw are Necro and SK lifetaps unresistable and always do full dmg? If so then a lifetap is almost the most damaging nuke and it gives life ;)

Tamiah2011
10-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Btw are Necro and SK lifetaps unresistable and always do full dmg? If so then a lifetap is almost the most damaging nuke and it gives life ;)

Dots and taps have always been almost inpossiable to resist, Think that why so many played necro's .

mimixownzall
10-31-2011, 02:57 PM
This is just plain not true, to quote a few people from that thread that MakeYouMad is linking:

Post (http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6266-Wanna-PvP-Read-and-Learn&p=130928&viewfull=1#post130928)

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6266-Wanna-PvP-Read-and-Learn&p=130936&viewfull=1#post130936

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6266-Wanna-PvP-Read-and-Learn&p=130931&viewfull=1#post130931

All of them talk about resist rates on direct damage spells and the entire thread advocates using lures in place of other direct damage spells because of that reason.

Hell that last quote there is saying that with 170FR and a 7 level gap (he is 54 and the caster is 60) says, "I usually flat out resist 1 in 4 and the rest dont do jack.". How does that sound like anything you are describing?

Also, just for shits if you go with the resist rate that he is describing AND use the numbers derived from another post in that thread (thanks MakeYouMad)

that means that your 612 damage Starfire (because we are nuking ourselves) does 268 on average.

so, your second test resulted in 2760 damage over 20 casts using the current system. Now if you take the 44% reduction in the above post (because we are self casting) and cast a 612 starfire on yourself 15 times (because 1/4 are resisted) you come out with 4039, so with PvP reduction that would be 2666.

That is a difference of 94 damage over 20 casts. Now keep in mind that this is only applicable IF a 7 level deficit equals 40ish resistance difference in classic...I'd bet it did and then some.

Maybe I failed at the math up above (very possible) or maybe a 7 level difference isn't that big of a deal...or maybe the people in that post are full of shit...I don't know. Otherwise that doesn't seem all that far off.

Yes, Null, but also take into account that this is from 2002. Not only was this after a resist revamp (not sure what was changed), but these people could cast 20+ nukes due to the difference in gear and the better dmg:mana ratios. My wizard has 2008 mana (more than lovely) because I sac some resists for some mana stuff (plus he's a brohta) and I can't get off 5 IC's. I usually fizzle one or try at least one or two roots or a dispell.

Nirgon
10-31-2011, 03:41 PM
I have this crazy, sneaking suspicion most of the people saying how broken resists are weren't attacking players wearing full diamond in Vanilla/Kunark.

Null
10-31-2011, 03:53 PM
Yes, Null, but also take into account that this is from 2002. Not only was this after a resist revamp (not sure what was changed), but these people could cast 20+ nukes due to the difference in gear and the better dmg:mana ratios. My wizard has 2008 mana (more than lovely) because I sac some resists for some mana stuff (plus he's a brohta) and I can't get off 5 IC's. I usually fizzle one or try at least one or two roots or a dispell.

One post was from 2002 (I missed the date, sorry). The other posts were well before the 2002 resist changes, and were the ones I talked about in my post.

Darwoth
10-31-2011, 05:20 PM
I have this crazy, sneaking suspicion most of the people saying how broken resists are weren't attacking players wearing full diamond in Vanilla/Kunark.

did you wear gear?

http://www.scarybadguys.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10001/nirgon.jpg

as an aside i looked through 600+ eq classic through velious era killshots, in the ones where i can be seen taking incoming damage in the microscopic combat log there is not one where i full out resisted anything other than cc spells.

is even two cases where i can be seen taking damage from wizard rain spells, which if they were anything like druid rain spells were extremely easy to resist.

my resistances were approx 200 fr, 180 cr and prob around 130 or 140 mr with each of poison and disease being slightly over 100.

Nirgon
10-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Most of the time? I wore all no drop. When I did wear it, I saw things very similar to what were in this thread, except for how low the partials are.

If you're basing your experiences from RZ, I can say 100% you'd think resists were broken fighting people in full droppable here. You should experience harsh resist rates against people running around in full diamond + frog crown + resist buffs, or even go oom consistently casting non-lure dd spells against them.

Darwoth
10-31-2011, 06:34 PM
the majority of what i remember is incoming attacks on me with my resistances, i agree you had harsh resistance rates with folks decked in res gear, but not unplayable ones thats all.

40% of your damage being mitigated is pretty harsh particularly with the already 33% dmg reduction. and that is what i remember in the 150 - 180 range.

Nirgon
10-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Like I was sayin about item loot, its a good idea. Now I think people are going to be looking to "balance" things against players in full resist gear or maybe they will realize in pvp that certain advantages should come with a risk. glhf.

vinx
10-31-2011, 06:53 PM
If you're basing your experiences from RZ, I can say 100% you'd think resists were broken fighting people in full droppable here. You should experience harsh resist rates against people running around in full diamond + frog crown, or even go oom consistently casting non-lure dd spells against them.
^ this
There is actually a difference, but when you see people whining that shit shouldnt stick or land from 1-50
with classic resists then it seems we are leaning towards a mix of EQlive and VZ/TZ

The 50-60 game is understandably more resistable then the 1-50 game
(better spells/ quested items or mixed raid / money / levels)
then you have the raiders/endgame players who are above the basic level game in regards to resists, with god and dragon loots.

And that seems to be where most the knowledge and input is coming from...the veteran hardcore endgame players who have been in the comfort zone for far to long
wanting everything resistable from 1-50 because thats how they remember it

Darwoth
10-31-2011, 07:16 PM
pretty sure i and the others in this thread are saying things are to resistable, not the opposite.

Crenshinabon
10-31-2011, 07:22 PM
There just needs to be a less steep curve of resist once the higher resistances are reached and people are decked out in all resist gear.

Tamiah2011
10-31-2011, 07:36 PM
Well I hope they get it right before launch, but if they don't you know what will happen~~~ Remimber Vanguard?

Bazia
10-31-2011, 07:41 PM
Well I hope they get it right before launch, but if they don't you know what will happen~~~ Remimber Vanguard?

We all remimber.

Crenshinabon
10-31-2011, 07:50 PM
lol oh man Vanguard. I had a necro and if I would sick my 3 or 4 pets on someone all at once it would create an intense spike of lag until they died. Was sooooo buggy. Too bad it took them years to fix everything. Was actually a pretty decent game but it was a ghost town.

*edit* thinking about it more I really hated how multiple classes literally could spam every instant spell they had to insta gib someone. Instant castspells (introduced in world of waracraft?) killed mmo pvp for me.

And yea sorry for the derail.... back to resistance talk everyone! =P

mimixownzall
10-31-2011, 08:13 PM

Because this isn't WOW.

Bkab
10-31-2011, 11:45 PM
Tamiah is a fucking idiot and nothing he posts should be taken seriously. It's obvious he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about, or how resists and stats work.

MakeYouMad
11-01-2011, 12:24 AM
The graffe parse looks legit to me, 347/793 average damage against 167CR (44% average per hit). Change it to that. Currently on Lovely's parse, this server was doing 26% per nuke against 166CR.

That would be a 69% increase in damage against 167CR if Lovely's sample size was anything representing the current state of the server.

Tamiah2011
11-01-2011, 01:07 AM
I just got done with a pvp match for a test shammy was either 48-49 blue con to me 50th lvl mage..I hit him with 2 lava bolts which do about 980 dmg full hit, First bolt him for 137 other one hit for 197 someone please tell me how this is possiable if resist system is working correct?

Tamiah2011
11-01-2011, 01:10 AM
Tamiah is a fucking idiot and nothing he posts should be taken seriously. It's obvious he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about, or how resists and stats work.

Well moron, why don't you explain it since you know how it works.And stats have NOTHING to do with resist system bright one.

gloinz
11-01-2011, 01:42 AM
blind lands to much stun lands to much but idc cuz im a paladin

that is all

Bkab
11-01-2011, 03:45 AM
Well moron, why don't you explain it since you know how it works.And stats have NOTHING to do with resist system bright one.

Haha so you're that idiot mage Osko that I killed in QH on Jiim trying to hide behind guards.. classic. You're terrible at pvp btw. My FR was also 140, and i'm not the one who said stats had anything to do with resists you inbred, however I believe you did on the first page of the fire, cold, magic resist thread.

Think i said this the first day I played after patch and refused to play intill resistance were fixed, I had a sk resti everyone of my 49 lvl DDs and pet could not even root him.I have 148 int and still total restis.

EDIT: Almost forgot this other gem you posted

The resti are set way to low and should be raised.A 50 lvl caster should not be resti. 4 times with a 49 lvl spell.unless you have 250 MR you should not be resti. a 49 lvl spell 4 times in a row...And my pet root could not root the player at all.

So according to you, with 249 MR you should still at level 50 be able to land the majority of your MR based spells and mage pets root should also land the majority of the time? Nothing you say makes sense, and it's not just because your english blows. It's because you have NO idea what you're talking about, so shut the hell up and let the people who do deal with it.

Stop posting and crying about resists. It will never be perfect, and the way they are right now really isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. It's much better than what it used to be, and getting resists to where they are right now is going to take a while to get all the resist gear most people have.

Greenkrak
11-01-2011, 03:19 PM
lvl 49 Warrrior with 102mr

paladin stun would land almost 70%+ of the time

maybe 50%(or more) of SK Snare would land.

Root/Snare would land maybe 15% but usally only last a few tics.

Also had a bard testing mez and with 102 mr they could basically keep me chain stunned with their single target mez/stun spell.

Im thinkin that stuns shuld be among the easier things to resist, maybe along the 15% land rate. Anyway thats whatsup.

Authority
11-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Stuns are def landing too often, even with over 200 mr, they land most of the time.

Null
11-01-2011, 08:13 PM
I have some changes coming with regards to the way that partials are handled. So hold feedback until after the next patch my dregs! Put any effort you want to put into testing this, into testing melee. Make sure to record your AC and ATK along with class and level.

Thanks!

Greenkrak
11-01-2011, 10:07 PM
<MELEE THING>

why no MAX dmg hits on people sitting down?

i was only 14 in '00 when i played classic pvp BUT i do remember that being classic as fuck.

Pretty sure if u had dubleattck u did 2x Max damage as well.

Currently not in place on red99

Null
11-01-2011, 10:10 PM
<MELEE THING>

why no MAX dmg hits on people sitting down?

It was in the pre-beta code but it got lost in one of the mergers, ill make sure to get it back in there.

Toomuch
11-02-2011, 01:22 AM
People seem to have really super biased memories... I guess including me. I seem to recall full resists on nukes more frequently than the minimum chance to resist. If a skilled melee had resist gear like a boss, and could manage to stay on their target, pure casters ran from them, straight up (with the exception of lures/taps if they had the skill and mana to take 'em down). Mages, for 1, didn't stand a whole lot of chance, unless they got some absurdly lucky shots in, which I do remember happening to me as well, more often than I would have liked, but probably just as much as is/was fair. Key words to note there "whole lot of chance".... there was still that chance of landing a big blast. My point here: As far as nukes go, I don't recall ANYTHING being guaranteed if you were at, above, or below a certain X number of resists, it was more random than that. Resists obviously helped a TON, but there was always a dice-roll at play when a nuke was going off. This system was often brutal for either the caster or the castee, but that's how EQ was, wasn't it? I think our system should be a little more like that - Nothing Guaranteed. Again, this is just how I remember it, I could be wrong (both on how it was and how it should be).

In short, I remember there seemed to be more chance of a broader range, including a chance for full dmg, and full resists. Damage was spikey and not 100% predictable. Resists obviously helped immensely, but didn't guarantee anything. That's what made nukers the threat they were, because if you weren't geared with resists, you were hosed. If you were geared, you sometimes still got hosed, because that's how the dice landed.

This becomes tricky, and I don't want to be biased on either side, because I want to play both a melee and a caster on this server. Melee seems pretty good (good as in functioning correctly) right now, in my opinion. If damage is increased for casters though, I think matching those damage percentage increases to the % reduction of landing CC spells Would be in order, otherwise casters will just wtfpwn pure melees, because CC spells are landing, even with very high resists. Even factoring in the reduced duration of CC spells, any 1 landed CC spell strips SoW. People counter with "Duh, use sow pots". I won't be able to afford that many sow pots, nor will I have the bag space for 7 bajillion of them I'd need for any time I encounter anyone with any snare or root, that would just be ridiculous. Pure melees can count on being kited by sowed casters/hybrids if CC (albeit short) lands this much. Make it land a little bit longer (not TOO much, the reduced duration was a good change) if that seems in order, just not so friggin' much!

SUMMARY: I like what has been done with our system, a lot of real thought and hard work has gone into it. I suggest a few small tweaks, and see how it balances out:

1. Slightly increase the % chance for full damage nukes somehow, as well as slightly increase the chance for full resists. I recall this seemingly scaling with resist gear, although the chance was always low. At any rate, the point of these changes would be to make the damage a little more "spikey", which is how I remember it, and how it is and was a difference maker. Spike damage is what lands kills and changes momentum. Linear/avg damage is not where it's at, and it's not Classic EQ in my opinion.

2. Very slightly increase the minimum damage for non-resisted nukes. This might not be needed if the above is done correctly, because spike damage = kill damage.

3. CC's seem to land just a wee bit too often, but are also a wee bit too short. It's too streamlined, too average. IMO, reduce the both amount they land just a little bit, and increase their duration or possible duration, both of these by just a little bit, and see how it stacks up for the different match-ups of melee vs casters, melee vs hybrids, hybrids vs casters, hybrids vs hybrids, casters vs casters.

4. If CC is going to continue to land this easily, I feel it should not strip SoW. That's a huge role for dispellers (where chanters and bards get a chance to shine) that's just simply pushed aside by anyone casting a root/snare.

Darwoth
11-02-2011, 02:15 AM
the current chance for a full resist (minimum hit) at a paltry 120 resistsance is 60%, dont think that the chance for more of those needs increasing.

should probably play some at the levels being discussed before stating what you think should or should not be changed.

Null
11-02-2011, 04:36 AM
the current chance for a full resist (minimum hit) at a paltry 120 resistsance is 60%, dont think that the chance for more of those needs increasing.

should probably play some at the levels being discussed before stating what you think should or should not be changed.

It's 61% at 200 and 41% at 120 just fyi.

Darwoth
11-02-2011, 07:23 AM
It's 61% at 200 and 41% at 120 just fyi.

maybe so, either percent is to much.

and doesnt take but a couple bad rolls to make it 60%, first string of 20 worked out to 40% the other 60% with the average damage of the 40% string being 180 and the other 145, at 200 resistance or even 150 the average damage is probably so low as to be only marginally above the minimum as well given that at 120 the highest i did on a non minimum was 300 with most being in the mid 200 range.

should be a lot more along the lines of 15% at 120 and 30% at 200 with the average damage being about 100 points higher.

XiakenjaTZ
11-02-2011, 09:41 AM
I may regret posting this but I think he may actually want us to debuff people to get things to land better.

Darwoth
11-02-2011, 11:15 AM
thats nice but many folks (like myself) dont get debuffs until velious.

Nirgon
11-02-2011, 11:20 AM
^ ice lvl 49, actually quite good.

Darwoth
11-02-2011, 11:24 AM
^ ice lvl 49, actually quite good.

yes im aware of ice, in classic it never landed on anyone with more than 100 cold resistance to the point that no druid on a pvp server ever bothered to mem it.

it lands significantly better here, however since you need debuffs against people with high resistances anyway the likelihood of you wasting 250 mana is far superior to you actually landing the debuff, which in turn only lasts for about 15 seconds anyway (6 seconds for the nuke + pvp movement + spell refresh means you wont be getting more than one nuke off during that window if you were lucky enough to land).

ie it isnt a debuff, tash and malo are debuffs. druids do not get a debuff until velious.

Shamanx
11-02-2011, 04:50 PM
My biggest concern with resists right now is snare/root cancelling sow. I understand in classic it did this, but that was with a resist system where snare and root landed very rarely.

In this resist system (less full resists, but shorter durations), if snare/roots are removing SoW, it makes SoW classes almost require Jboots, no? A SK, paladin, mage, wizard, cleric, enchanter, necro, and rogue can all root or snare. They all also require Jboots, so if they are snared or rooted its no big deal, just re-click Jboots.

Druids, Shamans, and Rangers all have SoW, there is no reason for them to get Jboots normally. But if their SoW is removed from 90% of classes, it pretty much kills the use of SoW.

Lovely
11-02-2011, 05:10 PM
So farm jboots if you're a druid/shaman and ranger...

Root/snare should definitely cancel SoW.

Darwoth
11-02-2011, 05:12 PM
everyone that is competitive will have farmed jboots, however the issue remains as jboots are significantly slower than sow and the opposing group if they dont have a bard will all have sow 95% of the time.

Shamanx
11-02-2011, 05:23 PM
So farm jboots if you're a druid/shaman and ranger...

Root/snare should definitely cancel SoW.

It should, I agree. But on live, your chances of a root/snare landing with good MR was what, 5%-10%? If someone landed a root or snare after 10 times, then sure they deserve to get my SoW. But here, with roots and snares landing far more easily, why should my SoW, a huge advantage in PvP, be stripped by someone that casts 2 snares/roots?

Bkab
11-02-2011, 05:24 PM
I recall snare canceling sow, but I don't think root did.

Wonton
11-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Snares and roots are breaking way too easily... and they are super hard to land

Null
11-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Changes are coming dregs, patience!

Cymbal
11-03-2011, 01:01 AM
Woo for null doing the path on parsed data, rather than just listening to the whiners.

Imo the resist system is pretty good and matches up very well with live considering the data, infact it may be kinder to casters due to the lack of complete resists, whereas people from that post are talking about 1 in 4 total resists.

I agree with this guy

I think the resist system is spot on, perhaps not enough full resists.

Unfortunately, i think darkworth is too used to killing naked people.

Darwoth
11-03-2011, 02:21 AM
I agree with this guy

opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and yours is full of shit.

Null
11-03-2011, 02:28 AM
opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and yours is full of shit.

I don't think thats how the saying goes. Also I just farted and it stinks pretty bad fyi.

Bazia
11-03-2011, 02:34 AM
Blind lands too much and for too long.

Null
11-03-2011, 02:40 AM

At what MR?

Bazia
11-03-2011, 02:52 AM
After the gear hand out my RNG was at about 105ish MR and whenever I pvp'd with a PAL he kept me blind quite too often. Blind is more debilitating then any other spell imo and should be treated as such when it comes to resist.

Also heard jokes from many PAL's they're "going to have alot of fun on live at launch" due to blinds landing too much for too long. On my 9 ROG I was perma-blinded by an equal level PAL with 35 MR. No exaggeration at all I was blinded the ENTIRE encounter. OP in my opinion.

I also leveled a CLR to 30 before the handouts and and resist tweaks and initially it didn't land at all and I think that was better then it landing too much.

Only spell I have an issue with I am very pleased with spell resists on everything else so far. :D

Apologize for the lack of organization as I really wasn't testing per say as it's just something I've noticed.

Darwoth
11-03-2011, 03:16 AM
I don't think thats how the saying goes.

my own personal adaptation, far superior imo

horsethief
11-03-2011, 06:16 AM
Why is blind landing on well geared players in PvP and how is that similar to EQ classic at all??? Get rid of all this custom garbage. Probably 90% of the player base is against that spell landing in PvP.

Tamiah2011
11-03-2011, 06:34 AM
thats nice but many folks (like myself) dont get debuffs until velious.

why do you care if you dont get debuffs. you use them wand on all your toons to remove all the buffs on someone, you talk so much crap..

Tamiah2011
11-03-2011, 06:38 AM
My biggest concern with resists right now is snare/root cancelling sow. I understand in classic it did this, but that was with a resist system where snare and root landed very rarely.

In this resist system (less full resists, but shorter durations), if snare/roots are removing SoW, it makes SoW classes almost require Jboots, no? A SK, paladin, mage, wizard, cleric, enchanter, necro, and rogue can all root or snare. They all also require Jboots, so if they are snared or rooted its no big deal, just re-click Jboots.

Druids, Shamans, and Rangers all have SoW, there is no reason for them to get Jboots normally. But if their SoW is removed from 90% of classes, it pretty much kills the use of SoW.

INCORRECT, in classic you DID NOT lose SoW , but your movement speed was reducted and in the case of root you didn"t move intill effect wore off.I was there and remimber it well.

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:42 AM
Why is blind landing on well geared players in PvP and how is that similar to EQ classic at all??? Get rid of all this custom garbage. Probably 90% of the player base is against that spell landing in PvP.

Yeah man! SPELLS LANDING IN PVP this is fucking outrageous. Seriously how can we have a system where spells work. We should definitely have a dumbed down pvp system where everyone is immune to everything and only melee works. That's the way to go for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously anyone who want vanilla values are fucking dumb. You seriously must understand that when EQ was released nothing was tuned properly. From what I heard only a handful of people even tried the Everquest beta so it's not like they got much feedback. Also the last thing EQ developers had on their mind was balancing PVP. The population in EQ playing on PVP servers must been way less then 5%, probably 1-2% if not even less then that. Trust me balancing PVP in any way or form was their last priority.

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:44 AM
INCORRECT, in classic you DID NOT lose SoW , but your movement speed was reducted and in the case of root you didn"t move intill effect wore off.I was there and remimber it well.

From what I read. In classic, if you got snared it also lasted full fucking 2 minute+ duration. So it doesn't REALLY matter how it was in classic cause that was a shitty dumbass system.

Tamiah2011
11-03-2011, 06:45 AM
I agree with this guy

resists should absorb some of the elemental damage not cancel out a spell.

Tamiah2011
11-03-2011, 06:47 AM
From what I read. In classic, if you got snared it also lasted full fucking 2 minute+ duration. So it doesn't REALLY matter how it was in classic cause that was a shitty dumbass system.

In the case of class that can not recast SoW on there self, it make a very big difference.

Tamiah2011
11-03-2011, 06:49 AM

Blind is easy to counter, keep moving and hot key your spells, you dont loose target so keep fighting intill effect wears off.

Null
11-03-2011, 10:16 AM

Welcome back.

Crenshinabon
11-03-2011, 11:02 AM
hey null, I plan on making a melee and these resists are dumb. when i am 50 with full raid gear i should be immune to all spells in pvp

lol, is this sarcasm? I hope so.... it sounds ridiculous.

Nirgon
11-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Things like blind, root and stun landing with high magic values aint good bra.

Null
11-03-2011, 01:19 PM

What do you consider high magic values bra.

Lovely
11-03-2011, 01:25 PM

How is it not good? So getting gear should make casters worse and melee's stronger? That makes a lot of sense... NOT.

Melee benefit more from gear either way and will get stronger then casters later on due to the fact that spells never get stronger while melee get better and better gear/weapons and do more and more damage.

juicedsixfo
11-03-2011, 03:07 PM
So getting gear should make casters worse and melee's stronger? That makes a lot of sense... NOT.

You are hands down the most slanted, selfish, and most biased poster on these forums. Every single post of yours reeks of you trying to further your own caster-based agenda. You need to learn how to meet in the middle, seriously.

Yes, gearing up for resists should make melee's stronger and more protected from spells – but that doesn't mean casters get "worse." As melee's get more gear, casters get more spells. This has been EQ's natural progression since the dawn of time. At some point down the line, the tables will begin to turn, but skill always comes in to play and it's not a coincidence that casters were always on top of the SZ leader boards (they were good at their class). You shouldn't be relying on CC to PvP, lesson 1.

Amuk
11-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Lovely just figures that, since Yonder seems to give you max range 100% of the time (snared melee trained in the event and yondered 2 miles away several times) she won't need MR for anything - it's funny that she doesn't consider being unparkable/blindable beneficial to her too, smells like noob buggy yonder abuse IMHO.

Amuk
11-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Oh and TBH, if people are getting snared/blinded at 140+ mr the server will not be worth playing IMO. In the event we just snared a target and burnt it down - and I credit that to the fact that the gear given out was shit (my dwarf had 85 unbuffed mr) so I'm not going to rage about it till I see it for myself.

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:10 PM
You are hands down the most slanted, selfish, and most biased poster on these forums. Every single post of yours reeks of you trying to further your own caster-based agenda. You need to learn how to meet in the middle, seriously.

Yes, gearing up for resists should make melee's stronger and more protected from spells – but that doesn't mean casters get "worse." As melee's get more gear, casters get more spells. This has been EQ's natural progression since the dawn of time. At some point down the line, the tables will begin to turn, but skill always comes in to play and it's not a coincidence that casters were always on top of the SZ leader boards (they were good at their class). You shouldn't be relying on CC to PvP, lesson 1.

You're an idiot. Think I'm biased when I'm the FIRST and only person on this forum that shows screenshots/logs of how much root and snare hits? I was the person who showed how much it hit and started discussions like this. Why in the world would I do that if I was biased? Then I would just shut my mouth and be happy with the situation.

I'm gonna be playing melee as well on live I just want a good system that will be viable at end game for everyone.

Second. I REALLY COULDN'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT CC, ITS USELESS IN 1V1 WIZARD PVP vs 90% of the classes. It's just a huge waste of mana. I don't need or use CC to kill people. You could remove CC spells from my book and I couldn't care. Well I guess I'd want them for PVE. But PVP no tyyy

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Lovely just figures that, since Yonder seems to give you max range 100% of the time (snared melee trained in the event and yondered 2 miles away several times) she won't need MR for anything - it's funny that she doesn't consider being unparkable/blindable beneficial to her too, smells like noob buggy yonder abuse IMHO.

Yes me being immune to CC would only benefit me. I don't want a game like that. I don't need or use CC as a Wizard for PVP cause I only solo PVP and really, if you play a Wizard you know how fkin bad CC is and how it drains your mana so you won't even be able to kill anyone.

I just want a good server with balanced resist. The only thing that could ever kill me is people CC'ing me with root/snares/stuns and blinds. I'd only gain from having MR immunity. If everyone want it like that then go for it. It won't hurt me or any classes I will play ;).

Either way the MR system will get changed very soon and then we'll have to try it out again.

Amuk
11-03-2011, 06:35 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53484

You are such a dumbfuck - you realise you defend the mechanics that break pvp in one thread, then condemn them in another - you don't even realise what a dumbass you are.

Lovely
11-03-2011, 06:54 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53484

You are such a dumbfuck - you realise you defend the mechanics that break pvp in one thread, then condemn them in another - you don't even realise what a dumbass you are.

Yeah being CC'd for an unlimited time without having any resist checks is the same as root/snares/blind and stuns sometimes working and usually lasting half a second.

I never said that the current MR system is the best possible. But it's a lot better then it was in CLASSIC when everyone was immune to everything. But don't worry we got over two weeks to live and it will be changed.

Amuk
11-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I was at the pvp event, lets not be liers and say snare lands half a second - because most of my kills were on snared targets, and they wern't always bard snares. Least some people will just pvp solo/gank retards and yonder/gate when it's for anything significant and don't have to worry about how game breaking the shit is heh.

It's aight though, it'll only make guilds with good assist trains better.

Null
11-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Got big changes coming so this is sort of a moot point but 80ish MR isn't high enough to get you far into the partial territory. Snare right now pretty much flickers by 140ish (which is what Lovely usually runs if I recall).

Darwoth
11-03-2011, 07:44 PM
are the changes due this weekend?

hopefully they wont be like going from being shot in the face to shot in the back of the head.

also tell rogean to unnerf dot pve damage like he said he would, going to be shitting up my leveling come launch.

Pudge
11-03-2011, 10:30 PM
imo if a snare or root lands at all it should have a minimum of a second or two, not .1 of a second

Tamiah2011
11-03-2011, 10:52 PM
are the changes due this weekend?

hopefully they wont be like going from being shot in the face to shot in the back of the head.

also tell rogean to unnerf dot pve damage like he said he would, going to be shitting up my leveling come launch.

just do what you alway do.hack hack hack

Darwoth
11-03-2011, 11:54 PM
going to enjoy shitting all over your face again on launch the way i did all through beta osko, you bipolar moron.

Tamiah2011
11-04-2011, 06:39 AM
going to enjoy shitting all over your face again on launch the way i did all through beta osko, you bipolar moron.

You just keep hacking Darwoth they will catch you soon, and when your a basement dweller that plays 24/7 it not hard to beat someone in pvp that has a job and plays casual, your "awsome" at EQ and failure at life you should be proud of yourself.I hope being awsome at a 12 year old video game will help you in RL nerd..

Humerox
11-04-2011, 07:13 AM
I hope being awsome at a 12 year old video game...

not a personal attack but an observation. everyone who says this plays this 12 year old video game.

hmmm

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Oh and TBH, if people are getting snared/blinded at 140+ mr the server will not be worth playing IMO. In the event we just snared a target and burnt it down

Yep, this server is going to be a giant piece of crap just like VZTZ if Rogean allows Null to make it so any person walking around solo gets instantly killed by zergers spamming snare, blind, and root. You shold *not* be able to lock down people permanently for free kills.

I think stun is fine as long as the durations are short since it has a recast timer. Blind, root, and snare should resist 90% of the time against any geared melee.

Bazia
11-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Blind, root, and snare should resist 90% of the time against any geared melee.

Trust me don't bark up that tree Wehrmacht Jr.

Nirgon
11-04-2011, 11:01 AM
You really don't want roots and snares having a 140mr cutoff to start being considered for resists. 80 should actually be that #.

gloinz
11-04-2011, 12:56 PM
You really don't want roots and snares having a 140mr cutoff to start being considered for resists. 80 should actually be that #.

140 is reaaally high imo

juicedsixfo
11-04-2011, 01:46 PM
140 is reaaally high imo

I agree. I have a 50 Warrior with full planar and resist jewelry, and he gets a little over 140 with resist magic on. That's pretty ridiculous number.

Nuk3Afr1ca
11-04-2011, 02:17 PM

Throw the Null down the well, so my people can be free.

Tamiah2011
11-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Throw the Null down the well, so my people can be free.

Try supporting Null he doing a awsome job, I mean God he making what like 250k a year programming this box....

Crenshinabon
11-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Try supporting Null he doing a awsome job, I mean God he making what like 250k a year programming this box....

That a joke? I would imagine he makes jack shit for this box and is more of a past time hobby.

Tamiah2011
11-04-2011, 03:19 PM
That a joke? I would imagine he makes jack shit for this box and is more of a past time hobby.

Wow that went right over your head, I understand he makes zero for doing all this hard work and he should be supported by the intire box for all his hard work..

Kain
11-04-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't know who Null is (I'm new here), but if he is trying his best to program the game for free, then why are you complaining.

Why don't you go mow my lawn and then I can tell you to jump in a well. Make me a damn sandwich while your at it.