PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to lure victims... er, I mean "encourage new players" to join the PvP server...

Grymlok
10-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Hey all...

First post here... looking forward to the Holocaust brodown today, should be good.

I was thinking about a way to entice some bloobs over from the blue server...

What if you dev-ish admin-type guys did something where if a player is all super macho badass on PvP, you like give them a title on the blue server?

Or something along those lines... I don't think you'd want to give them anything that affects balance, so I think titles would work well.

As for when/how to award them, I'd say server first to 50 gets the title to start, and then it gets challenged at the BotB-type events held, say, monthly...

Anyway just a thought. An announcement that gives a benefit in Blue99 for playing on Red99 might help draw some more targets, uh I mean "friends you haven't met yet", to the server.

Ok so that's it I guess.

Grymlok smash.

p.s. I named this thread "ideas" plural because if other people have awesome plans to bait people over to The Red Side then let's hear em :)

Dontmez_Mebro
10-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Stopped reading at Brodown. Bro pretty much halts any thread for me.

ChubbyBubbles
10-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Hitting 50 first really wouldn't be a accurate judge of badassery.
Pve'ing it up =/= Pvp super macho badass.
Also whom is hosting/ holding these BotB events? Haven't heard anything about such a thing. Not gunna happen.

http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/glittergraphics/comments/sexy/images/gcsexy31.gif

Grymlok
10-30-2011, 01:22 PM
shrug... I guess you're not a South Park fan either

Grymlok
10-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah that's true Chubby... hmm although the PvE-ness of it would likely add appeal lol...

Well, either a different title for server firstage, or don't award for that, just use the BotB comps... the idea still stands as something that could bring more people to the box...