View Full Version : patch notes

Softcore PK
10-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Patch notes for PvP Beta

PvP Range is now scaled as follows:
Levels 1 to 19: 4 Levels
Levels 20 to 39: 6 Levels
Levels 40+: 8 Levels
Combat will be allowed based on the lower level player's pvp range.
The Dynamic System has been disabled.
In addition to a red name, conning a player will now indicate if they are attackable by giving a faction of threateningly instead of indifferently.
You should now be able to dispell your own pet.
The following zones are now FFA PvP (They contain no PvP Level Limit):
Solusek B
Permafrost
Plane of Hate
Plane of Fear
Plane of Air
Sebilis
Veeshan's Peak
The following items are now ingame
Cryosilk Robe
Lustrous Russet
Bladestorm, Katana of Steel Sleet
Manastone
Box of Abu-Kar
Guise of the Deceiver
Rubicite Armor
Scimitar of the Mistwalker

I will miss the dynamic range :(

Crenshinabon
10-29-2011, 02:07 PM
I won't. It was just too buggy and would rather have a system that makes more sense. A for effort on the system. Now we seem a lot closer to a real release.

lethdar
10-29-2011, 02:54 PM
It was an interesting test, but it still never handled some of the problems of oor characters in raid zones. Nothing you could do about lvl 5 scouts sitting at naggy waiting for engage to tell the 6 people waiting to bone your clerics to log in. This addresses that.

mimixownzall
10-29-2011, 03:02 PM
If they get it working as intended I'm all for it. With the no boxing rule and restrictions in place to prevent it, the oor healing should be very limited compared to past servers which allowed boxing.

Rogean
10-29-2011, 03:06 PM
What exactly was buggy about it? It worked fine.

ya i missed buffing noobs then killing them

You obviously didn't use the system, because that is not how it works.

Softcore PK
10-29-2011, 03:16 PM
If it wasn't buggy anymore, why was it taken out Rogean?

Wonton
10-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Someone might have asked this, but what happens when a level 21 and 15 clash? 21 is in range to 15, but 15 isn't in range to 21

edit: nm, reading comprehension failure. sick update. thank god no level 1 clerics will be training naggy raids, i have terrible nightmares about that

Billbike
10-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Someone might have asked this, but what happens when a level 21 and 15 clash? 21 is in range to 15, but 15 isn't in range to 21

In all likelihood it would destroy the entire space-time continuum.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YHubNjdqtIE/Se3VDfhPgGI/AAAAAAAAFtY/SacNW3BurVU/S220/great+scott.png

Sprinkle
10-29-2011, 06:18 PM
i cant tell you how many times i zoned into newbie areas and was pvp enabled to level 1-255

yea it worked fine tho , seriousley

boss
10-29-2011, 06:36 PM
What exactly was buggy about it? It worked fine.

You obviously didn't use the system, because that is not how it works.

it absolutely allowed me to attack people and not be attacked on every single occasion. i have been lower level. have not gained over 21 on a single char.

In crushbone, for example, i sat at zone in at around 15ish% hps. someone orange color (thier name) would zone in. they would look at me and attack cause i was low hps. nothing would hapen. i could cast on them and anyone else above my level and noone could attack me back. was too low to do any dmg not to mention had only like lvl 12 spells even if i had wanted to kill them i couldnt.

however the fact that there was no retribution for my actions was enough to tell me that the dynamic levels for pvp range was not working as intended (i fucking hope).

Rogean and such, i appreciate you ALLOWING us to use your server, however you shouldnt just implement things and then ask the 10 people playing what they think. Try testing it out for yourselves. thats how non half elves do it.

boss
10-29-2011, 06:39 PM
after re-reading. to clarify i attack people and do dmg. they could not respond. every single time i was 2 or more levels lower