10-28-2011, 01:30 PM
say what you want about it not being classic

shared bank would be a great addition with lvl 1 mule xfers/trading on red

Doors
10-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Agreed. Should be put in imo.

Softcore PK
10-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Hm. Why not just have pvp start at level 1?

Dojii
10-28-2011, 02:03 PM
say what you want about it not being classic

shared bank would be a great addition with lvl 1 mule xfers/trading on red

pretty solid thread.

Silikten
10-28-2011, 02:06 PM
dropping items on the ground while camping 2 chars at the same spot 4tw

XiakenjaTZ
10-28-2011, 02:38 PM
You should know someone you can trust.... but we all know how that works out sometimes.

I just don't see a way to move items from one toon to another without 2 boxing or a shared bank. Classic is the "drop it on the ground" method but that sucks.

Palemoon
10-28-2011, 03:04 PM
dropping items on the ground while camping 2 chars at the same spot 4tw

This is all that is needed and it works. We dont need shared banks from 6 expansions in.

edit: shared banks also trivialize faction and travel. Need a poison spell only sold in Halas? NP just make a level 1 barbarian and stick it in the shared bank for your troll in Grobb.

Big no.

Darwoth
10-28-2011, 03:06 PM
i used to stick shit in ovens (doesnt work here), drop shit on ground, or give it to an out of the way static lowbie mob on the rare occasions i couldnt hand it off to someone i knew/trusted.

no shared banks.

Pudge
10-28-2011, 03:11 PM
i used to stick shit in ovens (doesnt work here)

sounds like a bug to report.. what happens, the shit just disappears once you close the oven?

XiakenjaTZ
10-28-2011, 03:12 PM
As much as i like a shared bank i tend to agree that it should be the annoying classic way.

Arillious
10-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Sure, shared banks would be convenient... but classic eq was good because it did not cater to convenience. If you want convenience, play WoW.

Quit trying to fuck the game up because you're lazy.

Darksinga
10-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Let's just hope that EVERY single zone doesn't reset in any means if no one is in it... I've seen too much on Emu's where a zone like South Qeynos or North Freeport will reset because there's no people in it. As such, you log from one toon to the other to see that your item is gone. Ftw.

Kringe
10-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Shared banks shouldnt happen.. Too much dupe potential, would be more of a headache for the devs.

Hovis
10-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Sure, shared banks would be convenient... but classic eq was good because it did not cater to convenience. If you want convenience, play WoW.

Quit trying to fuck the game up because you're lazy.

what does laziness have to do with being able to give your alts gear you farm on your main? (without having to give someone else your items)

Samoht
10-28-2011, 03:34 PM
sounds like a bug to report.. what happens, the shit just disappears once you close the oven?

it gets forced into your inventory, and if your inventory is full, onto your cursor. in the event that items appear to vanish, they will often reappear on your cursor after zoning or relogging.

Kabilos
10-28-2011, 03:41 PM
If you can imagine this. How many people 2 box so that they can transfer items between characters.

Eliminate So many problems.

1. No need to "pretend your child is playing"
2. No need to worry about if you can trust people to hold your stuff / actually give it back.
3. No complaining on the forums and to the guides / GM's about someone stealing your stuff.
4. No losing it because it poofed off the ground
5. No worries that the puma you gave your SBS to, got looted by a level 3 who just pwned it while you were switching.

Hovis
10-28-2011, 03:42 PM
If you can imagine this. How many people 2 box so that they can transfer items between characters.

Eliminate So many problems.

1. No need to "pretend your child is playing"
2. No need to worry about if you can trust people to hold your stuff / actually give it back.
3. No complaining on the forums and to the guides / GM's about someone stealing your stuff.
4. No losing it because it poofed off the ground
5. No worries that the puma you gave your SBS to, got looted by a level 3 who just pwned it while you were switching.

yes but plat duping is made ez by enabling shared bank sir.

Arillious
10-28-2011, 03:46 PM
what does laziness have to do with being able to give your alts gear you farm on your main? (without having to give someone else your items)

Running 2 characters to the same location and having a friend you trust do the swap = Effort involved

Having a shared bank = No effort involved

Hovis
10-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Running 2 characters to the same location and having a friend you trust do the swap = Effort involved

Having a shared bank = No effort involved

yes, obviously. however what if your friends or friend you can trust is not online and there is no secure way of transfer? hm?

Palemoon
10-28-2011, 04:25 PM
yes, obviously. however what if your friends or friend you can trust is not online and there is no secure way of transfer? hm?

Then you wait.

Destroying a big part of faction and travel is not worth catering to the ADHD

blodorn
10-28-2011, 04:33 PM
what does laziness have to do with being able to give your alts gear anywhere in the world you farm on your main in an entirely different part of the world? (without having to give someone else your items)

Everything?

Galacticus
10-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Ya dude totally?

Harrison
10-28-2011, 06:14 PM
How do I be a piece of shit and steal things then?!

Sprinkle
10-28-2011, 06:55 PM
drop transfers are part of the epicness of eq

there will always be trader types in trade areas that are trustworthy to transfer as well

not to mention you should have friends / guild

would i like shared slots? yea its useful

should it be in the game?

hrm .....

lethdar
10-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Holy shit, if you don't have friends you can trust then drop it on the ground. EQ SO HARD FUK.

Crenshinabon
10-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Ye shared banks are really messed up with classic. Half the adventure is having to travel to certain areas yourself. Not make a lvl 1 human to grab the fish from the pond and put it in your share bank for your dark elf in neriak for an easymode stein.

yaarii
10-28-2011, 11:24 PM
It's not quite classic at the moment - cannot drop plat on the ground, only items. This 'feature' was added later than classic on live IIRC.

If it was stopped due to duping or something similar, that's fine. But if it was stopped due to bluebies complaining someone stole their plat, add it back.

Harrison
10-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Holy shit, if you don't have friends you can trust then drop it on the ground. EQ SO HARD FUK.

EQemu handles items on the ground pretty funky last I checked into it. It's even less reliable than it was on live if it still operates the way it used to.

Would need Rogean or a Dev for input on that, first.

mimixownzall
10-28-2011, 11:59 PM
i used to stick shit in ovens (doesnt work here), drop shit on ground, or give it to an out of the way static lowbie mob on the rare occasions i couldnt hand it off to someone i knew/trusted.

no shared banks.

^^^^

Titanuk
10-29-2011, 01:01 AM

Lovely
10-29-2011, 03:47 AM
I'm gonna do Darwoth

This isn't WOW no shared bank PLEZ. I mean it, no shared banks. If people don't have friends they can use the ground like several people said before this post.

Nother
10-29-2011, 05:11 AM
I played in 99 on live pre kunark and remember clearly coins on the floor, it was noob areas so cant confirm 'plat' being picked up; definatly gold, silver copper. I used to go into a quiet area and drop a bag a time on the floor full of gear, but the old dial up connection and char sync was made it that i sometimes lost the bag (def not picked up by another player), cant remember the actual amount of time elapses before poof of items.

Lazortag
10-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Wow, some of you are even bluer than me. No shared banks, learn to trust people.

Shamanx
10-29-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm gonna do Darwoth

This isn't WOW no shared bank PLEZ. I mean it, no shared banks. If people don't have friends they can use the ground like several people said before this post.

But, like other people said, EMU doesn't work the same as live. On live, the servers ran all the zones 24/7, they had enough performance to do so. On EMU, the server shuts down zones that are inactive for a period of time. I've had it happen many times where I've dropped items in an unpopulated zone, only to log onto my other char and have them disappeared.

Wonton
10-29-2011, 11:44 AM
please no shared bank. adding this feature would be a step in the wrong direction

Lasher
10-29-2011, 12:11 PM
I will do transfers for people for money, at least until someone hands me the one big awesome item

Sprinkle
10-29-2011, 12:28 PM
I will do transfers for people for money, at least until someone hands me the one big awesome item

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPWJOJYVKc

matt damon

Beastro
10-29-2011, 05:47 PM
The ability to drop money again so I can supply my newb pk with infinite arrows would be nice.

I played in 99 on live pre kunark and remember clearly coins on the floor, it was noob areas so cant confirm 'plat' being picked up; definatly gold, silver copper.

They took it out during PoP.

Mardur
10-29-2011, 05:57 PM
The ability to drop money again so I can supply my newb pk with infinite arrows would be nice.

They took it out during PoP.

Gems

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 06:05 PM
No shared banking, just my 2 cents