View Full Version : Full rules list?

minakto
10-28-2011, 07:44 AM
I read on the announcement page some rules

No training
Bind camping is allowed but is frowned upon and staff can intervene
No foul language in public channels

But ......
Bind rushing frowned upon and can staff intervene?
Corpse camping?
Trade scamming?

Lovely
10-28-2011, 08:33 AM
I'm really curious if you can trade scam and I'm not talking about ripping your friends off. More like if you agree on a trade with someone then you have a few buddies jump out and kill him and take the money after the trade.

Softcore PK
10-28-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm really curious if you can trade scam and I'm not talking about ripping your friends off. More like if you agree on a trade with someone then you have a few buddies jump out and kill him and take the money after the trade.

Why would this not be allowed?

Rogean
10-28-2011, 11:22 AM

Use a level 1 in city zone, that's what the protection is for.

XiakenjaTZ
10-28-2011, 11:36 AM
You will need a friend to transfer items to your level 1 though since you can't 2 box. That is unless shared banks will work.

Sprinkle
10-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Use a level 1 in city zone, that's what the protection is for.

so long as you have a dynamic system you can pvp enable level 1's

i killed plenty of traders on beta , hope you fixed it

dusk883
10-28-2011, 01:05 PM
so long as you have a dynamic system you can pvp enable level 1's

i killed plenty of traders on beta , hope you fixed it

Don't you have to be a moron to pvp enable your level 1? Just practice, man.

Macken
10-28-2011, 01:25 PM
.....and staff can intervene

big mistake.

GMS have no business in pvp affairs.

Please don't make me explain why.

Just listen kid, until you grow up and learn the ways of humanity.

Samoht
10-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Don't you have to be a moron to pvp enable your level 1? Just practice, man.

Server has been bugged so that other people can enable it for you if you're outside of range. Level 7 rogue outside Kaladim and 50 mage wants to kill him for no apparent reason other than to cause grief? Toss him a DS and suddenly he's flagged. Code was working the wrong way before.

Softcore PK
10-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Will screenshots of people agreeing to transfer items/money and screenshots of all items traded be sufficient proof of a scam in the event we need gm help getting our stuff back from someone who was supposed to transfer to our bank alt?

Gnar
10-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Will screenshots of people agreeing to transfer items/money and screenshots of all items traded be sufficient proof of a scam in the event we need gm help getting our stuff back from someone who was supposed to transfer to our bank alt?

wow

hope thats a troll

Softcore PK
10-28-2011, 02:20 PM
wow

hope thats a troll

Huh?

Pudge
10-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Huh?

the answer is No.

there will be no "proving you got scammed" to the GMs, because they will do nothing about it. trade with ppl you trust

Lasher
10-28-2011, 02:49 PM
I think anything should go in regards to trades. If you were dumb enough to bring 1k and get pked tough also if you are dumb enough to hit trade before realizing that you just traded a smr for 6000silver pieces then you deserve it

Softcore PK
10-28-2011, 02:52 PM
the answer is No.

there will be no "proving you got scammed" to the GMs, because they will do nothing about it. trade with ppl you trust

Why? They do this for players on the blue server, red should be no different.

Pudge
10-28-2011, 02:56 PM
because the spirit of blue is "everyone against the monsters"
the spirit of red is "everyone against everyone else"

Pudge
10-28-2011, 02:58 PM
the way it ended up on vztz, ppl only traded for items, very rarely for plat. and on vztz you could keep plat on your cursor to avoid losing it

Softcore PK
10-28-2011, 02:58 PM
because the spirit of blue is "everyone against the monsters"
the spirit of red is "everyone against everyone else"

Now we're discussing spirituality? No, this aspect of the game is the same on both servers. Losing your money by being PK'd is one thing, but when someone takes your items because you trust them to transfer it's not pvp.

Pudge
10-28-2011, 03:02 PM
it's a gank of your trust. it's all pvp

Samoht
10-28-2011, 03:17 PM
it's a gank of your trust. it's all pvp

lmao, that's a stretch. ganking is frowned upon, and in many cases, against the rules. this would definitely be one of those cases.

Arillious
10-28-2011, 03:53 PM
This thread makes me sad.

VanEyck
10-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Use gems. Low weight, near 1 to 1 ratio in resale value. Peridots work well

Chronoburn
10-28-2011, 04:15 PM
ganking is frowned upon

false

Samoht
10-28-2011, 04:25 PM
true.

that's why we have things like play nice policy and a pvp level range in place.

Tombom
10-28-2011, 04:49 PM
false

goodsir your avatar made me lol hard, thank you.

Galacticus
10-28-2011, 05:49 PM
TRUST NO ONE.

Lasher
10-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Rogean its not fair! I got pked on a pvp server and lost my plat when i was going to buy something. Can you make the bully give me my plat back

/sarcasm off

Sprinkle
10-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Rogean its not fair! I got pked on a pvp server and lost my plat when i was going to buy something. Can you make the bully give me my plat back

/sarcasm off

matt damon

Gnar
10-28-2011, 09:08 PM

You seriously need to change your mindset if you want to play on / last on this server. No one will give a fuck if you set yourself up and get scammed or robbed by PKers who want your loots. Props to those guys for being smarter and playing better than you. People will kill you on a named and take your loot bro, people will loot npc corpses with your drops on them given the chance. Trade near bankers, play better, or just do it on a lvl 1 if you are really paranoid. This is in no way like a blue server.

Darwoth
10-28-2011, 09:10 PM
lmao, that's a stretch. ganking is frowned upon, and in many cases, against the rules.

what the fuck are you talking about

georgie
10-28-2011, 09:33 PM
lol

Softcore PK
10-28-2011, 09:44 PM
You seriously need to change your mindset if you want to play on / last on this server. No one will give a fuck if you set yourself up and get scammed or robbed by PKers who want your loots. Props to those guys for being smarter and playing better than you. People will kill you on a named and take your loot bro, people will loot npc corpses with your drops on them given the chance. Trade near bankers, play better, or just do it on a lvl 1 if you are really paranoid. This is in no way like a blue server.

Where are you people getting these things? I'm not complaining about people being able to pk and take my money. And I understand that KSing is not an offense here.

And since the devs want us to have level 1s to use as trading characters, we will need a way to get items/plat to these characters. I did not read anywhere that said trading scams would be legal here, but I have seen threads where GMs have graciously returned stolen items to their rightful owners. I'm not crying about people being able to take my items, I just want some clarification. From my understanding, scams such as this will not be allowed. And people who want their stolen things back need to provide evidence of the offense for the GMs to do anything about it. So I made a post asking if screenshots of specific things would be evidence enough. If a dev told me that scams such as this will be legal on the pvp server, that would be the end of my queries on the subject. But I really doubt that is the case; it's classic for GMs to assist with scams when they can, even on pvp servers.

What is with this attitude so many of you have that EQ pvp is hardcore and some of us are going to be run off the server because we can't make it? EverQuest is a video game, and it's not hardcore by any stretch of the imagination. Exping and camping some items takes a lot of time, and dying can be a drag at times. But it's not like our characters are deleted if we die, and we won't lose items by any legal means. It's silly that some of you take this so seriously, and that you try to put the rest of us down for absolutely no sensible reason.

Please stop telling me that I don't have what to takes to play a video game. It is simply untrue.

Palemoon
10-28-2011, 10:08 PM
They tell people that to feel better about themselves. Lets just hope the server gets enough mature players for it to survive as a vibrant server and not just one big arena with zone lines.

Greenkrak
10-29-2011, 01:45 AM
What is with this attitude so many of you have that EQ pvp is hardcore and some of us are going to be run off the server because we can't make it? EverQuest is a video game, and it's not hardcore by any stretch of the imagination. Exping and camping some items takes a lot of time, and dying can be a drag at times. But it's not like our characters are deleted if we die, and we won't lose items by any legal means. It's silly that some of you take this so seriously, and that you try to put the rest of us down for absolutely no sensible reason.

Please stop telling me that I don't have what to takes to play a video game. It is simply untrue.

eq pvp is pretty dam fuckin hardcore i dunno wtf u talkin about

VanEyck
10-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Softcore you're scared of getting your ass handed to you so you suggest rules that limit the freedom of others. All of us know what we signed upfor when we create accounts on a red server. The good news is getting owned isn't half as bad as you think it is. Nor should it be.

Softcore PK
10-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Softcore you're scared of getting your ass handed to you so you suggest rules that limit the freedom of others. All of us know what we signed upfor when we create accounts on a red server. The good news is getting owned isn't half as bad as you think it is. Nor should it be.

What limiting rules have I suggested? On live I was quite a menace.

Wonton
10-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Softcore PK scowls at you, ready to attack -- You could probably win this fight.

Xantille
10-29-2011, 11:42 AM
true.

that's why we have things like play nice policy and a pvp level range in place.

lolwut

lethdar
10-29-2011, 11:43 AM
lmao, that's a stretch. ganking is frowned upon, and in many cases, against the rules. this would definitely be one of those cases.

loooooooooooooooool

Lasher
10-29-2011, 11:45 AM
only frowns are that of the dead

Dontmez_Mebro
10-29-2011, 12:07 PM
I think it should be legal. Let the community decide who is a reputable business person and who is a brigand.

Sprinkle
10-29-2011, 12:30 PM
the dead dont frown matt damon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPWJOJYVKc

Aenor
10-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Softcore trolled u guys hard.

Softcore PK
10-29-2011, 01:38 PM
I am not a troll.

Sprinkle
10-29-2011, 02:51 PM